Episode 15 Complaint: The Removal of Item Box

Dragon God Goomy

A lot of people don't use it; Ame may or may not (well, in honestly fairly unlikely) put it back for the very few people that utilize this, but considering the implications of sorting convenience throughout the bag and how it's advisable for you to carry all items along and whatnot, the fact there was little reason for it to be there anyway was pretty justified.

I don't know why Ame could've just left it there to begin with, either it was distracting, the fact that removing it saves some data space or whatnot, I don't know, regardless of the reasons above (which again have their relevance). It's nothing too big to whine about. No offense to anyone about my presumptuous claims, I guess.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

• Administrators

There was actually a glitch that couldn't really be solved anyway else, involving the Ruby Ring, Blake, and the Item PC.

And that is why we now have the sorting function implemented.

All jokes aside, you and I both saw what was said about an exploit, just bear with the changes.

I'm not sure this sort of thing needs to be made known, even with such small details.

More reasons to whine.

Instead of acting like this I would suggest to everyone who is upset about the item PC's removal (assuming it can be reinstated somehow, I don't know, I'm not going to speak for the dev team) actually tries to make a case that isn't "I don't like this." Wanting a cluttered bag to be clean and organised is fine, but, "It's what I'm used to" isn't. As I said in the release topic, the sort option will probably be improved somewhere down the line, and if it isn't, it's more than likely because of system limitations and not because Ame wants everyone's bag to be a mess.

Honestly, the clutter is what's getting to me, and I'm going to offer an example: my item hunting run.

Now, I can just sell off all the gems and things I don't intend to use that I stumble upon. But what about Plates and Fossils, which I made a mandatory rule about collecting? Reviving the latter is easy enough (sans the Helix Fossil because it's required to get two others- and I actually stored it while reviving the others to prevent myself from accidentally reviving it), but it's not exactly like it's easy to do away with the Plates I'm not using. Same with the evolutionary stones I'm hanging onto to decide when I want to use them, and on what.

I understand there were reasons in getting rid of the item PC, but, honestly, it was more convenient to have than you might think. I'm not bothered if I have to go through the tedium of giving the Pokemon in my PC the things that I don't want to carry around, though... well, not much. It might be a mite difficult to find them again should I need them, though.

(This post probably won't amount to anything but yeah, my two cents.)

Sorting the bag alphabetically is nice and all, but I'd like a search function, kind of like the pokedex, so you can find the one specific item in your bag rather than looking for the P's for a long time.

Of course, this isn't that big of a deal tbh. You can scroll through your bag like in the normal games. Everyone has to go through the same thing you're going through so I wouldn't complain like you're the only person with this problem.

Sorting the bag alphabetically is nice and all, but I'd like a search function, kind of like the pokedex, so you can find the one specific item in your bag rather than looking for the P's for a long time.

Of course, this isn't that big of a deal tbh. You can scroll through your bag like in the normal games. Everyone has to go through the same thing you're going through so I wouldn't complain like you're the only person with this problem.

That would be nice. I wonder how it can be implemented.

Honestly, the clutter is what's getting to me, and I'm going to offer an example: my item hunting run.

Now, I can just sell off all the gems and things I don't intend to use that I stumble upon. But what about Plates and Fossils, which I made a mandatory rule about collecting? Reviving the latter is easy enough (sans the Helix Fossil because it's required to get two others- and I actually stored it while reviving the others to prevent myself from accidentally reviving it), but it's not exactly like it's easy to do away with the Plates I'm not using. Same with the evolutionary stones I'm hanging onto to decide when I want to use them, and on what.

I understand there were reasons in getting rid of the item PC, but, honestly, it was more convenient to have than you might think. I'm not bothered if I have to go through the tedium of giving the Pokemon in my PC the things that I don't want to carry around, though... well, not much. It might be a mite difficult to find them again should I need them, though.

You took my words. I love you, dude.

* cough * Lost is a female * cough *

Anyways, I honestly am not that bothered by the removal of it. Like Lost said above, items that I may just have in my inventory but won't sell due to its worth is the only thing I'm missing the Item PC for. Other than that, I'm fine with the removal and glad we are able to sort alphabetically. Far easier to search for items especially when I scroll quickly with PGUP/DOWN.

Would you still have the same trouble in a casual run?

I still don't get it what's the big deal with the removal on the PC item storage. I know organization is a thing, but Organization > Convenience? I'd rather just have an easy access to every single in the game, but that's just me I guess.

Btw, it looks like the biggest reason why the option doesn't exist anymore is because of a glitch. So, calm down everyone. There's nothing saying this is a permanent thing. We might get it back, even though I still don't see a good enough reason for it.

The newest pokémon games doesn't have that option anymore, exactly because the bag has infinite space. The item storage thing became obsolete.

The only thing that I'd like, is if there was a way to re-organize the bag by "Item types" instead. I don't know if that's the name for it, exactly... but I'll look for the name tomorrow.

That's.... not as easy.

Anywho, I'm pretty tempted to make a poll asking how much users use the item box/if they want it to stay in.

Yeah when typing that I figured that that must be MUCH more easier said than done.

So instead of spending time searching through your bag for the item you're looking for, you'd rather spend that time traveling to a PC and then searching for it in there?

The only real argument for organization is that you can keep the most necessary items in your bag while tossing all the objectively superfluous ones into the PC. However, emptying your bag of said superfluous items would still eat up a ton of your time.

And what if you clear an area, then have to go find a PC to dump all the niche/unnecessary items that you've picked up from that area? Wouldn't you have to do that for each subsequent area, too?

Here, I'll use an example from the most recent episode.

Once you clear the Water Treatment Center, where would you drop off your newly-obtained Smoke Ball, Black Sludge, etc.? You can't go to Fiore Mansion; it's kinda under siege by Team Meteor at the moment. Would you be willing to walk ALL THE WAY to Agate Circus just to drop off your items, and then walk ALL THE WAY BACK to Fiore Mansion? Sounds like a lot of time to commit just for the sake of keeping your bag organized.

In general, though, I've got to agree with Ikaru. If you want the item PC to make a return, you've got to provide the development team with a solid reason.

I kind of view this the same as the gates being put into the cities and the first Tangrowth Pulse being cut short. While we may not like some of these changes, it pretty much leads to the greater good or hardly hurts the overall game.

I'm actually kind of glad the item storage was gotten rid of because there was no need for it. As for the complaint about being able to organize your items, it's pretty much your choice for carrying all those items. I mean if there's something valuable like a Bannetite, you could just place it onto a Banette in the PC instead letting it take up space in your bag. And you probably don't need to hall around any Protiens, HP Ups, or all of that candy everywhere you go. Selling items and the whole putting items on Pokemon pretty much allows you to reorganize and clean your items.

Generally, what I do is let all the junk be kept in the middle until I needed it and keep the most important stuff at the top or bottom such as the Exp Share. No point in trying to shuffle or mess with an item if it's not in the way. In Xenoblade, you have to mess around with thousands of items from collectibles, gems, equipment, materials and other things (did I mention there's a limit so the stuff you can carry). The item bag in Pokemon seems small in comparison to that.

Personally i never used the "store item" option (even in the older games) so i have no problem with this but like someone already said a "sort by item type" feature (even if difficult to implement) will do wonders to improve the organization of the backpack.

• 1 year later...

Okay I just noticed that the item box is not the in the game. So the reason I don't like this is basically that when you give Titania food unless you sell all and I MEAN ALL of your food you can't give her the food that I intend to give her. I'm trying to avoid any spoilers here but now that there is no item box I basically am forced into selling these items instead of simply taking them out of my inventory. So in short LAME!

Okay I just noticed that the item box is not the in the game. So the reason I don't like this is basically that when you give Titania food unless you sell all and I MEAN ALL of your food you can't give her the food that I intend to give her. I'm trying to avoid any spoilers here but now that there is no item box I basically am forced into selling these items instead of simply taking them out of my inventory. So in short LAME!

Can't you just store them in your pkmn box as held items?

the only thing i needed the box option, was to deposit all my candy and sweet items, and then go and give the blue moon ice cream to the guy to take the heracronite.
the way it is now, he eats all your other sweets one by one before reaching the blue moon ice cream