Other Fan-Games Suggestions and Ratings (WIP)

Fumble

• Global Mods

I'd like to see a game where you play as an evil character for once. Like starting as a grunt in some evil team or as a cultist in twisted religious group. Then slowly making progress to become an Admin or even later the Boss. Do you know any pokemon fangame like that?

In a ROM hack called Pokemon Fuligin, you end up as a member of Team Rocket by being at the wrong place at the wrong time and do missions for them.

Also in Pokemon Desolation which is made by a member here, there's a story split where you can side with the enemy team, although it's near the end of the current version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I make a suggestion:

Sburbmon is a romhack of Firered replacing the cast with characters from Homestuck, somewhat like tohoumon. Pokemon become main characters like Rose and Dave, Gym leaders are carapacians cosplaying Denizens, and your professor is Doc Scratch. Since this is homestuck's kid, expect loads and loads of metahumor, poking fun at the archetypal elements of a pokemon game.

Features:

151 new fakemon! (eventually)

8 gyms! (2 in current release; note that because the leaders are grouping mons by homestuck aspect and not typing, the 2nd gym has more varied types)

Horses!

Troll Cosplay

New maps and music up to cerulean city!

More Horses!

Link to Thread:

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?54217-Sburbmon-Indev-Thread-2-Current-Build-0-0-2-8-5

Could I make a suggestion:

Sburbmon is a romhack of Firered replacing the cast with characters from Homestuck, somewhat like tohoumon. Pokemon become main characters like Rose and Dave, Gym leaders are carapacians cosplaying Denizens, and your professor is Doc Scratch. Since this is homestuck's kid, expect loads and loads of metahumor, poking fun at the archetypal elements of a pokemon game.

Features:

151 new fakemon! (eventually)

8 gyms! (2 in current release; note that because the leaders are grouping mons by homestuck aspect and not typing, the 2nd gym has more varied types)

Horses!

Troll Cosplay

New maps and music up to cerulean city!

More Horses!

Link to Thread:

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?54217-Sburbmon-Indev-Thread-2-Current-Build-0-0-2-8-5

Added (just directly quoted tbh because I haven't played this and am kinda busy at the moment)! I gave it seven stars because that's what I gave Touhoumon, tell me if you'd like to change anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there any Mystery Dungeon Rom Hacks or fan games? Because haven't found any, which is a shame, Sky is probably the best canon Pokemon game.

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

• 2 months later...

fodwdj.jpg

Pokemon Type Wild

Download: http://oneweakness.com/pokemon-type-wild.html

Section: Miscellaneous

Controls: To configure controls, go to Options -> Keyboard and set them to like:

wrh00l.jpg

A - Light Punch / Select Normal Skin / Select Bonus 1

S - Heavy Punch / Select Normal Skin / Select Bonus 2

D - Light Kick / Select Shiny Skin / / Select Bonus 3

Q - Heavy Kick / Select Alt Skin #1 / Select No Assistant but add PP100 Bonus so you can perform combos for finishing blows.

W - Special (Use Shield?) / Select Alt Skin #2

E - Assist (Use assistant unless you accidentally waited or pressed Q on assistant selection) / Select Alt Skin #3

(Make sure you read the combo list like Down+Right+S is Gardevoir's projectile)

My Comment: This game is similar to Pokken Tournament but in 2D. I found this game on shofu's popular uploads and it was interesting. If you can't afford Pokken, at least there is a fan-game out there. ;)

Edited by Night Fighter

fodwdj.jpg

Pokemon Type Wild

Download: http://oneweakness.com/pokemon-type-wild.html

Section: Miscellaneous

Controls: To configure controls, go to Options -> Keyboard and set them to like:

wrh00l.jpg

A - Light Punch / Select Normal Skin / Select Bonus 1

S - Heavy Punch / Select Normal Skin / Select Bonus 2

D - Light Kick / Select Shiny Skin / / Select Bonus 3

Q - Heavy Kick / Select Alt Skin #1 / Select No Assistant but add PP100 Bonus so you can perform combos for finishing blows.

W - Special (Use Shield?) / Select Alt Skin #2

E - Assist (Use assistant unless you accidentally waited or pressed Q on assistant selection) / Select Alt Skin #3

(Make sure you read the combo list like Down+Right+S is Gardevoir's projectile)

My Comment: This game is similar to Pokken Tournament but in 2D. I found this game on shofu's popular uploads and it was interesting. If you can't afford Pokken, at least there is a fan-game out there. ;)

added! (more like copy pasted but w/e)

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any Mystery Dungeon Rom Hacks or fan games? Because haven't found any, which is a shame, Sky is probably the best canon Pokemon game.

Currently it's just about impossible to hack those. They only just got a program running that could start it, but I wouldn't expect any PMD hacks.

Closet you could get is Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully if people like Episode 1 of Fuji's Tale when it comes out by next week, it will be added to this forum. That would actually make me pretty darn happy haha!

I am going full high quality on it !:D