Other Fan-Games Suggestions and Ratings (WIP)

Fumble

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope! I found out it was RM2K3. It was kinda obvious when I played through it.

I suggest Super Pokemon Eevee Edition! =D

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=224449

Ah, I've seen this game before. I suppose it could fit under Miscellaneous then! It's not like your normal catch everything and battle everything game, after all. But first, I shall continue work on the Essentials, then I'll do this, and then I'll continue the ROMs.

I think Chubb gonna die because of this...I'll wait to add more game then dont seem like the time to suggest more because I got more to suggest now

:feelsgd:

So I was editing this, and I was looking at the Pokemon Community description of a game so I could get more information...

And then I accidentally closed this window instead of opening it.

WHYYYYYYYY T-T

Also, Crimson Skies is sadly a dead game, so I cannot suggest that.

Good luck with this Chubb! Seems like you have a lot in your hands. You don't need to do it that fast though. Don't overexert yourself. Just keep doing it if you want. :D

I... get a break...?

Okay then, I'm taking an indefinite break. See ya, suckers!

Finished Super Eevee Edition. I'll hopefully do the Essentials games by tonight! And time to take a break, like Shia suggests!

And The Marathon (see Update History) continues as I finished Litharreon. It was actually very interesting. Might play it sometime.

I think you should finish your to do list first,I got like 5 or 6 ROM in stock just for you,those good RPG maker Pokemon game is hard to find

I think you should finish your to do list first,I got like 5 or 6 ROM in stock just for you,those good RPG maker Pokemon game is hard to find

This list is never getting done.

WAIT. I found out that Crimson Skies is not actually dead. Done.

Not sure why Godra is ranked 5 stars. anyone familiar with RPG Maker knows the introduction dialogue is the exact same from the template from Pokemon Essentials. Not only that, but the music/sprite tiles/all the assets in general aren't customized at all. On top of all that, there is little direction, little emphasis on the meaningfulness of the choices, and the game is full of spelling errors. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Reborn, but Reborn must have 10 stars for this to have 5.

Not sure why Godra is ranked 5 stars. anyone familiar with RPG Maker knows the introduction dialogue is the exact same from the template from Pokemon Essentials. Not only that, but the music/sprite tiles/all the assets in general aren't customized at all. On top of all that, there is little direction, little emphasis on the meaningfulness of the choices, and the game is full of spelling errors. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Reborn, but Reborn must have 10 stars for this to have 5.

Oh, I see. Haven't played the game myself, so I was just going with my friend's review info of the game. I'll bring it down to three or four stars. (I'd want to put it to 3.5, but I haven't found any half-stars yet). Thanks for your suggestion!

UPDATE: I was researching, looking for some more fan-games to cover, when I saw Pokemon Sage. But it is considered "dead", since it hasn't been updated for over a year. It's still in development, however, like a couple other games. So I'd like your decisions! If you choose "Only some", be sure to say which ones you'd like!

Happy voting~

I'mma just vote for Only some so I can easily see the votes. Also, keeping it private!

...somebody else voted for RESERVED FOR CHUBB... *grumbles* should've made this public *grumbles*

Anyways, it seems like the "No" is winning. Somebody voted for "Only some" but didn't give the some he/she/xe wanted...

Bad things happen to those who don't follow the rules...

On slow to update games, it does depend on the game. As this is for fan-game suggestions I think you should probably (eventually) mention every fan-game that's worth playing. So even if it's incomplete and potentially abandoned, if there's several hours of interesting gameplay and it's considered worth the investment to try out the incomplete story then it could be included.

So if a game's slow to update and has less than three badges (assuming badges aren't as far apart as Reborn's) then it's probably not far enough along. But if it has six or seven badges and it's interesting enough then it ought to be included. Update speed is less important than game progress - but maybe it's a good idea to separate games that haven't updated in a while from one's that update more frequently.

On slow to update games, it does depend on the game. As this is for fan-game suggestions I think you should probably (eventually) mention every fan-game that's worth playing. So even if it's incomplete and potentially abandoned, if there's several hours of interesting gameplay and it's considered worth the investment to try out the incomplete story then it could be included.

So if a game's slow to update and has less than three badges (assuming badges aren't as far apart as Reborn's) then it's probably not far enough along. But if it has six or seven badges and it's interesting enough then it ought to be included. Update speed is less important than game progress - but maybe it's a good idea to separate games that haven't updated in a while from one's that update more frequently.

Alright, thank you! I'll be sure to take that into consideration! Still, haven't found any "dead" fan-games matching that criteria, but I'll still look! The poll still says "No", but I might use your opinion.

Anywho, "News" section has been added to OP so that people can see what's going on. It'll be the place where I explain polls, say if I'm accepting or not accepting suggestions, putting this on hold temporarily, etc. I call this update: News Flash.

As for poll updates, it's now two votes for everything... *sigh* I'll keep this up until tomorrow then. By the looks of it, I'll be using Kirlial's suggestion.

Chubb,Fusion generation is not a ROM,it's a rpg maker game

Also new suggestion!I see that you make a manga tread so Pokemon adventure series ROM all Red/Blue/Green and Yellow chapter

Edited by BBD

Chubb,Fusion generation is not a ROM,it's a rpg maker game

Also new suggestion!I see that you make a manga tread so Pokemon adventure series ROM all Red/Blue/Green and Yellow chapter

Oops.

And oh yeah, I liked the manga, and I've heard of the game. I'll put it on the list eventually, probably tomorrow.

Wow nice topic, always wanted to find something like this. Will you be playing them from start to pretty much finish or just a bit to get the general idea? Also I didnt see anyone posting or saying about it,so perhaps check this site,it might help. You can easily see to which state the roms are completed,and you should probably press on the right side the "views" tab to organize the topics by the amount of views,and start from the most popular perhaps.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=184

Wow nice topic, always wanted to find something like this. Will you be playing them from start to pretty much finish or just a bit to get the general idea? Also I didnt see anyone posting or saying about it,so perhaps check this site,it might help. You can easily see to which state the roms are completed,and you should probably press on the right side the "views" tab to organize the topics by the amount of views,and start from the most popular perhaps.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=184

Thank you for the link! Also, I'll try to play some of each, and I've already played some of these before. However, I haven't played all of them, like Pokemon Godra, so I'll be relying on the information I find on the Internet and possibly some of my friends' reviews on the game.

Why is "Pokemon: My Ass Version" not in here? Hella funny.

Well, I didn't want games too inappropriate on the OPs, but I guess it can't be as bad as Pokemon Uncensored. That one was really...

Anyways, I'll see if people want me to do it. Let's make another poll: Who wants to override that rule, or just keep that as an exception?

Also, making this one PUBLIC so I can see who has been messing with me.

Happy posting~

Small update: Finished all the suggested Essentials games (but haven't started on ROMs), got every ROM written down on the list, and I'll be changing up the titles and giving descriptions for each category soon.

As for the poll, nobody has said yes, thank goodness. Means less work for me! However, there's 2 on each side for No and Only exceptions, so... get voting everyone! Can't do anything with a tie, now!