Other Fan-Games Suggestions and Ratings (WIP)

Fumble

When you do find those half stars, I'd recommend bumping Pokemon Uranium up to 4.5 (if not 5). It has great custom assets, an interesting rival character, and of course the beatiful looking new Pokemon (with very few duds here an there [i.e: there's a Pokemon based on the titanic lol....]). The story is also set at a very lax pace, not letting the immersion into a world of new Pokemon be overwhelmed with a convoluted plot; the main purpose is to get badges and be a good trainer, and it works for this game. If you can play a fan game through without calling out cliches or getting bored, then that's good enough for me.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit wary of playing Pokémon Uranium because of the fakemon but I will agree that they look fairly nice and like actual Pokémon. Plus it gave me a grass-steel starter, which I like.

I've just been playing Pokémon Super Eevee edition now and I'm really enjoying it. I consider gen 2 my first gen (though technically I played red first) and there's something very appealing about playing on the pleasant gen 2 graphics, with scary invasions of gen 3 graphics making the story engaging. A final fantasy fight system works surprisingly well though it's annoying to have to only carry 4 Pokemon when I'm catching so many others. The dialogue is nice, with only a very occasional spelling error. And Eevee's never been more awesome. Thanks for that rec!

@kirlial, you're welcome!

@StarryD, don't worry. The hunt for half-stars shall continue. However, the only way to get them might be creating a new font, and I don't have time for that! Perhaps I'll use circles? But that would get rid of the feel to it.

Current Results:

Yes: 1, No: 3, Only exceptions: 2

While you guys were voting, Kirlial has suggested another one of her brilliant ideas: Change the Star System to out of 10! I changed every rating I made so far, but tell me if I was too nice or too mean with the ratings!

Anyways, the poll should be coming down shortly, if nobody else will be voting. Or perhaps I'll let it sit through the night.

Nope, now it's 2:3:2. Making my life harder, I see. Leaving it up, but if it doesn't change, I'll have to go with "No".

Temporarily closing suggestions.

Also, I updated the list of rules for suggesting, adding two new ones: The fan-games must be over an hour in gameplay. No short demos are extremely short games allowed! AND ​No horror games, which falls into the Inappropriate Clause.

Let me finish ROMs in peace. In addition, "Awards" have been awarded for those who have helped out on this thread a lot!

Also, omg, I finally finished Flora Sky, Jeri!

As I plow through these descriptions (and some of these are pretty short, so sorry about that), I see that the OPs are getting pretty big. Should I use spoilers? Maybe I'll make yet another poll for that. Oh well, almost done with your suggestions, and then I'll finish up mine~

EVERYONE'S SUGGESTION HAS BEEN COMPLETED. TIME FOR MINE!

Also, I'mma make a poll, kay? Might be overdoing it with polls, but whatever. It's easier to get your decisions that way, especially for those who don't actually post.

Luke, I'm taking your cookies back. >:[

Jeri...

*Note to self. Start saving up some Rupees...

I would, but I used up all my Rupees for Pokedolls I'll never use.

*Another note to self: Stop getting lazy and just press the "Results" button.

And also omgomgomg somebody didn't vote for RESERVED

Kay, so I added * for every description that may need some help!

Also, no votes for spoilers, but I'll keep the poll up til tomorrow.

The last few games shall be done shortly, but I have stuff to do right now, so later!

Why BIGJRA? What did I ever do to you?

Anyways, those who didn't vote for my RESERVED option seem to be wanting spoilers, so spoilers we go! The poll was 3 for Yes, 0 for No, and 1 for Don't Care!

Anywho, I'll finish up the last few ROMs!

Spoilers have been put into place. All suggestions have been completed. That means...

SUGGESTIONS HAVE BEEN REOPENED.

And... another few suggestions I'll do later include Moemon and Diamond and Jade (and Diamond and Jade 2)!

suggest Pokemon XY Naturia

Kay. Adding. I might not do this for a bit until there's more suggestions, since I have some things to play.

Anywho, I went on a search hunt for other games. Quartz and Advanced Adventure have been added.

On to a Youtube hunt!

Personally, I'm curious of any Pokemon Fangames that ARE horror based with gore, I'm a huge horror game player, nearly equal to Pokemon.
The only game I can think of that could be close to horror would be Pokemon Snakewood and even that is very tame in terms of gore(cant really think of any beyond the zombies) or horror elements, but an amazingly good storyline that I do recommend! If you can handle zombies and zombie pokemon that is.

Um, well, there is this: Pokemon Dusk.

It looked promising, but I haven't play it far yet. Basically, it's about Ethan, from Pokemon Gold/Silver, surviving the zombie outbreaks with his only pokemon.

Saw a bit of Pokemon Nightmare, but it doesn't seem to have much of pokemon contents though, but more on animals evolving into pokemon? IDK.

Both are made from RPGMaker though, and they both have horror genres.

I'll try digging for some more, though, mind you, I'm staying away from creepypasta games. They're rarely, if ever, good. You can try and poke around rpgmaker.net and gamejolt yourself though, they both seems to have a lot of pokemon contents.

I'd like to suggest a fangame called Legends of the Arena. It's an RGSS game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofthearena/

(Although at the time that this post is being written, the download links were apparently taken down by Nintendo two days ago, which is a bit bizarre as this fangame is almost completely unknown compared to most others out there, and the fangame itself hasn't been updated for 6 months, though the creator plans to reupload everything soon.)

You and your younger brother Max have been traveling the Aria region for a few years. While staying in the normally quiet Plazadown City, you hear of a yearly tournament that is about to take place, with the qualifiers happening right in town. The tournament is run by a government that oversees the region from a city called The Capital. The tournament's purpose is to find talented battlers hailing from any level of society, and rocket the winner into stardom. Anyone and everyone can participate.

However, 5 years ago, the very idea of holding the tournament itself was challenged. It culminated in a special bout between two rivals, and the loser was exiled. The government thought they would never hear from him again...

I recommend this game in particular because of how different it is from most other fangames. Instead of a gym structure, the player is competing in a tournament along with several other characters, all of whom are given rather unique personalities and story arcs. The player character also isn't mute - and the writing is so good that the whole game just oozes charm. The story is somewhat lighthearted, focusing more on personal relationships rather than revolving around an organization (though there's still some of that, their goals are very ambiguous). Your starter is one of the 7 eeveeloutions, determined by a personality quiz. The music uses various Final Fantasy tracks, particularly those from XI and XII.

Note that it's modeled after Gen 5, which means no Fairy types or Gen 6 Pokemon, with older mechanics such as powder moves still working on Grass types, paralysis still working on Electric types, and so on. However, TMs are not infinite use, and some HMs have different effects (particularly Cut being a 70 base power Grass move, and Rock Smash being buffed to 70 base power as well.)

Currently the game has 5 tournament bouts (out of 8), and I'd say it has about 10-15 hours of content.

Edited by Alilatias