[OOC]Fate/Reborn [First War Underway, Signups for #2 Open]

Shamitako

Kuna, I think you'll have to brief me on Ashnard's history since Ill probably be continuing our part which left off at going to the library, unless Acqui is already inclined to do that herself.

Hmmmm... Just message me at some point. Acquie has not to my knowledge.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of those, I just remembered a clarification I should make:

This does still follow the rules of the normal Fate canon. Divine Spirits cannot be summoned; when you summon one of the gods, what you're really doing is summoning the human aspect that appears in legend, since that portion can be considered a Heroic Spirit. If you attempted to summon one, well, anything could happen. You could get a saint (a normally impossible outcome,) you could get nothing at all, you could get a Very Bad Thing...

Yea, I figured as much. ((thought I don't recall that applying to any of those ones... i don't think... it's been awhile so I don't remember anything about that batch other than that I wrote a bunch of stuff to pad the classes with less numbers lol.))

Well, thank god we decided to hide in the library although Hukuna could always ex machina find us or something, that'd be rad considering we've not even figured him out yet

I'd rather not, you guys really have 0 chance without knowing anything about Ashnard, and even with that information will still have a tough time lol. The only way I think he'll end up there is if someone else leads him there lol. ((so, if somebody else runs by the library after leaving the mall well... no promises then lol.)).

I'd rather he have a reason then a total ex machina for that. ((he's closer to the Mall pretty sure than where Yukine? and Debronee are, so I reckon in his haze of bloodlust he'd go to a closer location then search. I dunno we'll see how things go lol.)).

Well, I randomly felt like doing this, so here's the same face shot of Sylva as before, with a few tweaks. (Plus you get to see her eyes open now. She's a cutie~)

One of these days, I'll finish the rest of the body.

XjSlpS4.jpg

And here's a version without the circlet and with rounded ears, to better represent how she presently looks in the RP.

jy4rNlL.jpg

I figured as much lol. It's why I moved Vixen ahead a tad. ((she would've left after not getting an answer right away anyway lol. She's like that. However, I didn't want to shut you out as well, which is why she asked if the whole thing was working. It'd probably be wise to check if it was and you can still basically have Onyx answer what she asked before if you see fit lol.))

But yea, it's no worry Lexi lol. I know you are and I'm sure others do as well. We;re definitely trying to keep it in mind well at the very least I am. I feel the others are as well though so no worries.

Thinking about things now, I probably should have listed Sylva's Territory creation as EX or at least A, rather than B. Her "Realm of Twilight" Noble Phantasm pretty much is her territory, so maybe that should've been higher than C as well, knowing what I do now about Fate (And how much of an influence territory has for Casters. Though I still don't really know why it's so important for them, other than that canon says so...)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thinking about things now, I probably should have listed Sylva's Territory creation as EX or at least A, rather than B. Her "Realm of Twilight" Noble Phantasm pretty much is her territory, so maybe that should've been higher than C as well, knowing what I do now about Fate (And how much of an influence territory has for Casters. Though I still don't really know why it's so important for them, other than that canon says so...)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whooo explanation time :D

Uh, first off, I think your stats are fine as is. From what I understand, Realm of Twilight is more of a Reality Marble-type magecraft. This is separate from the Territory Creation class skill. Territory Creation indicates the ability of a Servant to mark and claim a section of land as their own, wherein they are able to freely draw upon mana flowing through the leylines, in addition to having a constant perception of events within their territory. On the other hand, Reality Marbles are a magecraft that forces their user's perception of reality onto the world, distorting the world within a certain space. Slight difference.

Secondly, the reason why Territory Creation is crucial to Casters is because it's basically the only unique advantage possessed by a class which is typically regarded as the weakest. Within your territory, the efficiency at which you draw and use mana is increased, you have a greater control over what happens within, and you're more able to set up and prepare defenses. This reflects the general behaviour of magi in the Nasuverse: a magus' two most treasured things are first, his Mystic Code, next, his workshop. Magi in the Nasuverse are primarily academics, and their workshop is where their thaumaturgy shines, since it is a space which has been optimised for their specific type of magic. Considering that Casters are mostly supposed to be First-rate Magi, most have very high ranks in Territory Creation/Item Creation.

Of course, there are exceptions. Tamamo-no-Mae, for instance, has a low Territory Creation rank of C and a nonexistent Item Creation rank, as they do not mesh with her personality. But she makes up for the deficit with overwhelming ability; she has so much natural prana that creating a territory would be basically a superfluous waste of time.

Yea, It's definitely a Reality Marble more than Territory Creation which is superficially similar... but they actually aren't quite the same thing as Acquie said lol. The "draws them in" part of Forest of Twilight's description proves it's a Reality Marble. You don't draw something into your territory. You do draw them into a Reality Marble. ((which as Acquie said is forcing your perception on the world in a certain space. As I'm sure you're aware if you've seen Fate/Zero with Rider's Ionioi Hetairoi, or Fate/Stay Night's Archer's Unlimited Blade Works. Both draw their enemies into a space that's their illusion or perception of the World. Forest of Twilight would be more similar to this in use than to Territory Creation based magecraft essentially.))

Also keep in mind Flux that at least 4 out of the 7 classes all have Magic Resistance. Saber, Archer, Lancer and usually Rider all have Magic Resistance to a pretty high degree to the point where outside of their territory... Casters can't really do anything to them. Within their Territory they have more or less the ability to bombard them with magic to overwhelm them, because without the ability to draw on their magic as much and as efficiently as possible they pretty much have 0 chance against any of the classes that have Magic Resistance. Like they'll just straight up lose no real questions asked. Unless they are exceptionally talented in raw magic and just have high amounts of natural prana ((which... as I recall is pretty rare, correct me if I'm wrong.)) it's pretty hard to combat the classes that basically make their magic almost entirely useless without doing anything at all. It doesn't take them anything special to nullify magic with their magic resistance, but it take a lot to try attacking them with magic for it to ultimately do nothing or very little.

So, usually it's of the utmost importance to Caster to stay within their territory and use their territory to their advantage THere's exceptions probably... but to the Servants it's usually pretty damn important because othrewise as Acquie said... they are basically the weakest class.

Oh, ok. That clears up a bit of the confusion I had with territory creation then. I'm showing my lack of knowledge on the actual mechanics of Fate, beyond the basics. Thanks for clearing that up! ^^

I was planning to have her create a territory in the modern world at some point anyway, so I guess we'll just have to get to doing that. Though Sylva would have an absurd amount of natural ability and prana anyway, based on her lore and where she comes from, so I think she has at least a slight advantage over most Casters. She's the longest living elf to ever walk the earth where she comes from (~2000 years, which yes, is ridiculously long. But that was all part of the plot way back when.), and she has an enormous mana pool and plenty of natural ability with magic after all that time. I'm not sure how that would transfer into the Fate setting, but I won't be attempting anything broken, so don't worry (Besides, I have a Master who wants to win too). It sounds like we'll be working from a disadvantage even with her skills anyway, so we'll just do what we can.

That's from his perspective, he thinks it broke, it didn't actually though it just fell out. ((He hit it on something while running since he used the environment to dislodge it to mostly keep his momentum intact instead of coming to a dead stop. So he assumed it broke rather than just popping out.))

EDIT: Oh shoot... I meant to rewrite that lol. Apparently I forgot to edit that part in before I posted it. Well I corrected it now anyway. It's as stated above lol.