Fondest Memory of playing Pokemon

AllymyMan

What is your favorite memory of Pokemon (Reborn or otherwise)?

For me it would have to be getting through the Rock Tunnel in Red without using Flash after months of banging my head and gameboy against the wall. A close second would have to be the entire play through of Pokemon Crystal nothing sticks out in particular but all together I thought it was and still one of the best mainstream Pokemon games. Its probably because my Day Care egg was Tyrogue and by who knows what I was able to evolve it into a Hitmontop.

In Reborn though it would have to be Cain's attitude and storyline, I love him and his character development

receiving my last gold symbol in the emerald battle frontier after beating brandon on top of his pyramid. After tapping through this god damn pyramid for an eternity! But the feeling of finally having all gold symbols was priceless and still is!

My fondest memory was the first time I ever played competitive Pokemon with someone. I had Roserade, Mega Blaziken, and Aegislash. Opponent used Azumarill, Aegislash, and Mega Kanghaskhan.

Needless to say, I barely won that off of Roserade Toxic Spikes chip damage and my Aegis getting 2 KS off in a row, so my Blaziken could scoop the win. Ah those were the dwys.

When I finished Black2 and beat the PWT in all forms, all types of battles against gyms and champions from all regions, in singles, doubles and triples. With only my in-game team.

In my old yellow version-- mind you, this was when your Pokeballs could still miss, especially when your target was at full health/legendary. Caught Zapdos with one Pokeball, at full HP.

Probably my fondest memory had to be from a Colosseum Nuzlocke. I was at Venus and I honestly thought I was going to lose half my team to Suicune's surf. I declared it was impossible to catch a Full HP Suicune on the first try. Normally, I have a policy for Poke Balls only, but I said screw it and threw a Dive Ball. The RNGoddess felt like trolling me again and sure enough the Suicune was caught in the one and only Dive Ball I had. If only I had a pic of my face at the time. It was priceless.

I'd have to say my fondest (or at least best remembered) Pokemon moment was finally beating Brendan on the way to Mauville, in Ruby. I was maybe 8 or 9, and this was my first Pokemon game, so I had no idea what I was doing. And I kept failing miserably, and trying again and again. When I did manage to beat him, I remember that my family was at a Dairy Queen, and I was practically squeeing in joy... while my family just kinda went "...?".

Victory, and ice cream as a reward. The most glorious combination.

For the spinoffs, it'd probably be wandering around in Pyrite Town as a kid, with my little sister watching and snapping along to the music, pretending she was the actual sound effect and asking me to leave, since her fingers wer getting tired.

Or maybe the end of Gates to Infinity. Maybe I'm wierd, but I actually found that bit more heartwrenching then the end of the previous ones. (Or maybe I got too attached to the partner... that Axew, Helve, was such a cute little woobie.)

Or maybe the realization Hoenn got a remake. I just... Hoenn was my childhood. (And spent, like, the entire next week playing OR nonstop. <3)

For Reborn? Probably getting Solosis (even if I never used it) and the Yureyu Key. I adore the Wasteland. For a creepy, gross, trashfilled, abandoned Orre, it's bizarrely sweet. "Goodbye, friend."

Ooooooooh, or the entire Beldum event. "You rode a bull up a frakking ladder??" That was fun. And it got me my beloved Argent, the Metagross.

...I have a lot of fond memories, don't I?

Beating the e4 back in my first game Ruby. Cause it was just with a swampert since this was back when I never thought of raising a team other then my starter. So making it through the game took some time...

Pokemon Gold and Silver is definitely the most nostalgic out of all. I remember going to National Park and just enjoying the place. Ahh, good times.

I have 3 that come to my mind:

-In reborn, my first pokémon game ever, the whole playthrough is a fondest memory, but if I have a fondest memory alone, that would probably be the moment I defeated Luna, the single most hardest (yeah fuck grammar) gym leader of this game for me (because my team was weak to 4 out of her 6 mons). I had tried up to 25 times, if not more, and when I did I was like fuck yes! Similar memories for me were defeating Charlotte, defeating Serra and solving some of the puzzles.

-In insurgence, I experienced the single most awesome in-game moment: defeating a mega-rayquaza that was almost 20 levels above me, with my team that, almost unintentionally, was composed only of ghosts and fairies. I played insurgence with a total feel of immersion in the game, and when you have your Azumarill and Sableye finish off a fucking god dragon, you know you've just seen something pretty awesome.

-Finally, in Glazed, leveling my first party all to level 100. Lucario was the first mon I ever leveled up to level 100, and I'm proud of it.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, I remember 10 yr old me crying at the end. because 10 yr old me's naive mind thought that after defeating Primal Dialga it'd be rainbow and happiness and sunshine ''wooo yeeeaaah we saved the world, partner! ;w; '' HAH WAS SHE WRONG *QUIET SOBBING* I was just glad that no one was in my bedroom at that moment because they'd judge and criticize me so hard.

In Pokemon Reborn however, it was finally beating Corey! honestly the only major problem I had was the freakin l e v e l c a p-- it was utterly tedious and exhausting, going back and forth to get the level degrader candy.

but just when I was ready to get the badge so Swirlix would listen to me but then bam he just had to jump off the bridge did he- was supposed to feel pity for him??? WAS I

honestly if anything it wasn't a fond memory- just memorable.

edit:- i just reread the PMD one and the thread title and whoops was I off topic or what-

Edited by star-kin

humm most memorable i know when my charizard in red turned lvl 100 and soloed the E4 barely with a scratch on(metaphor) aswell as having caught the original 151 pokemon mew included with no cheats a glitch for mew but no cheats.

in reborn:when i killed solarisis garchomp cause of a stunfisk.