Masterball

Just a passing thought as we await episode 15, but do you think we will ever get one of these ultimate balls? Or perhaps some varient that has a high rate, but it is not quite the guarantee for a legendary tha twill never appear.

Would you like one? Should we get one? Share your thoughts.

I feel like we will get one, I'm pretty sure Reborn is going to follow a lot of the way the main series games handled things, like this. There are too many people assuming Reborn is stupidly hard, but it might be a special for use of a specific pokemon.

sure a masterball is cool'n stuff but I don't see any point in getting one..

in Reborn there isnt anything worth wasting a masterball on yet (except beldum maybe?) or am I missing something?

It's for later on, since legendary Pokemon will be available... One day...

Meh. Why catch a god if you can simple strike it down and leave it there defeated, knowing that you are the new god?

Who'd want a puny god like that on their team anyway?

Extra thoughts for the matter: Would we need the Masterball or not? I mean, Amethyst has all the potential to lower or raise encounter rates if they're all runners, she presumably has the potential to lower or raise capture rates too.

On top of this, she may utilize something from the original pokemon games: giving the masterball a chance to fail.

None of this is set in stone, nor do I have any knowledge about the game, but i feel as if it should be a subject to be thought upon.

On one hand skipping the master ball seems like something Pokemon Reborn might do - on the other hand in the postgame the Master Ball isn't actually *that* valuable all things considered (at least in a game that makes all pokemon available) - there are what, 50ish legendaries by now? Getting just one of them with a master ball is a convenience but not actually very big - the vast majority of them are still going to need to be caught the hard way.

Extra thoughts for the matter: Would we need the Masterball or not? I mean, Amethyst has all the potential to lower or raise encounter rates if they're all runners, she presumably has the potential to lower or raise capture rates too.

On top of this, she may utilize something from the original pokemon games: giving the masterball a chance to fail.

None of this is set in stone, nor do I have any knowledge about the game, but i feel as if it should be a subject to be thought upon.

The master ball only had a chance to fail in the original games, and even then it was due to a glitch. This has been patched up in all the later games.

I wouldn't bother with Master Ball, my entire poke-gaming career I have only use Poke Balls (at first because i didn't understand the poke mart shop system, then it was because i wanted to be the only one who could do it), i challenge myself with only poke balls and have caught every legendary released using pokeballs.

I wouldn't bother with Master Ball, my entire poke-gaming career I have only use Poke Balls (at first because i didn't understand the poke mart shop system, then it was because i wanted to be the only one who could do it), i challenge myself with only poke balls and have caught every legendary released using pokeballs.

Pokeballs are the best ! I can't remember how many times I used all my "good balls" uselessly, just to catch them with the first pokeball... Only Chrono balls might be better.

And yes, we'll get one Master ball which is not a lot since there are so many legendaries. Master balls were useful in Gen 1 for Mewtwo, but now it's just a small bonus

Pokeballs are the best ! I can't remember how many times I used all my "good balls" uselessly, just to catch them with the first pokeball... Only Chrono balls might be better.

And yes, we'll get one Master ball which is not a lot since there are so many legendaries. Master balls were useful in Gen 1 for Mewtwo, but now it's just a small bonus

Pokeballs are actually by far more cost efficient than the other balls (except level balls if you're much beyond the level of the opponent I think) - iirc an ultra ball has only 2x the catch rate of a normal pokeball, so with ultra balls you're spending 6x as much money for only 2x the catch rate (actually it's slgihtly more in favor of normal pokeballs because you can get a premier ball for every 10 pokeballs). You should only really be using the more expensive balls if you just have nothing to do with your money, or in a few edge cases where you actually need to catch them quickly (for instance, pokemon that run away, or if either you or the other pokemon are at risk of fainting for whatever reason).