Poison Monotype.

Lionsguard

After finishing my Main Save, I decided to start my first Monotype Run. The chosen type is Poison [duh], because I'm love with them since the Fairies appeared. Just defeat Julia with the following team:

post-54514-0-31903200-1431809140_thumb.png

Shinysaur.

Ivysaur @ None.

Level 19.

Ability: Overgrow.

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Take Down

- Poison Powder

- Leech Seed

- Vine Whip

As expected, Bulbasaur is my starter. I reseted 'til I get a Shiny one. C'mon, don't judge me, it's visual is awesome and looks even more 'Poison'. Status: waiting for a Special move. However, it's Nature isn't very good, so I will try to get a Modest when I reach 7th Street.

post-54514-0-53850400-1431809235_thumb.png

Blob.

Grimer @ None.

Level 18.

Ability: Sticky Hold.

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Poison Gas

- Pound

- Disable

- Mud Bomb

My MVP against Julia. Sonicboom? Disable. Rollout? Disable. Her most annoying moves become nothing before Blob. Then it poisoned everything (except for Blitze), and finishied them with Pound, thanks to Attack boost from Adamant Nature. Just used Mud Bomb once. It's Special, so the damage was very low...

post-54514-0-02377900-1431809351_thumb.png

Masquerade.

Budew @ Rose Incense.

Level 18.

Ability: Natural Cure.

Serious Nature (Neutral)

- Mega Drain

- Growth

- Water Sport

- Worry Seed

This little thing played the support role. Growth to subdue SDef boost from Charge, Water Sport to low Blitze's Flame Charge power and Worry Seed to get rid of Voltorbs' Aftermath. Then Mega Drain to heal. And Paralysis wasn't a problem, thanks to Natural Cure. How could I want something else? Gonna make it Timid in the future (aka 7th Street).

Now I'm going to Obisidia. Any suggestions for a new team mate? Everything is acceptable. See ya after Florinia. ;)

Get. A Koffing. I cannot even begin to stress how useful that thing is especially through Corey. Keep Self-Destruct.

Levitate completely shuts down Florina's field use and sweeps everything spare Ferroseed (she still has that, right?) with Sludge and works wonders as a physical tank. Destiny Bond and Memento really help late game.

Edited by Flynn

For now, you should use Stunky. Skorupi is a bit farther in the game, but Stunky should be decent until you can replace it.

I personally like Stunky over Skorupi, but that's probably just me. Drapion hits harder than Skuntank, but Skuntank can take a few more hits. (My strategy is Toxic + Focus Energy + spam attacks and hope for crits)