Monotype Challenge Quick Glance Guide - Updated to Episode 19 (SPOILERS)

BIGJRA

I'd imagine it would be fine. In Solo runs you are allowed to use another mon as an HM slave/expert you just can't use it to fight. So I imagine as long as you don't use it to fight and level it up like you would a magikarp it would be fine as long as you just use it as a headbutter. Besides in order to get lileo you'd need to get one to bibarel anyway. Also in cases of monotypes where there isn't a starter with that eventual typing you're allowed to use a starter until you find one of your chosen type. Though I'm not familiar with the specific rules of Monotype runs.

It's technically up to you. When I did my steel mono I didn't wanna play through the electric gym leader with Piplup only so I used the Litleo (l.15 instead of 17 for bidoof, its faster) to headbutt me a Pineco.

In regards to everything else, I'm still working on fixing the guide to E15 and finishing the -> Serra section.

You also did a Steel monotype run? Cool dude :D Right now I'm on the dark leader, I forget her name.... but I need to grind a few levels on my mons first, just gotta find the time to do so

Use the Grand Hall, best place to grind for Luna imo.

Any chance you'll be updating this anytime soon with the stuff after Serra? I think that's her name, the Ice gym lady. I'm running a Normal Mono team and it would be pretty helpful.

I'm updating it as far as I can, but due to the Reborn Guide 2.0 not being updated to that point I'm definitely going to have a few mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the spoiler lock is over and stuff, I'm in the process of updating the guide. If anyone has a list of all the available mystery egg Pokemon that'd be much appreciated.

Axew (DRAGON)
Larvesta (BUG + FIRE)
Frillish (WATER + GHOST)
Tentacool (WATER + POISON)
Togepi (FAIRY + FLYING)
Vullaby (DARK + FLYING)
Shroomish (GRASS + FIGHTING)
Drilbur (GROUND + STEEL)
Staryu (WATER + PSYCHIC)
Azurill (WATER + FAIRY)
Pawniard (DARK + STEEL)
Rhyhorn (ROCK + GROUND)
Elekid (ELECTRIC)
Phantump (GHOST + GRASS)
Starly (NORMAL + FLYING)
Cottonee (GRASS + FAIRY)
Vulpix (FIRE)
Sneasel (DARK + ICE)

EDIT
Some of the early game changes that came in my mind:
Muna before Julia (PSYCHIC)
Mudkip now only as a starter (WATER + GROUND)
Squirtle now before Aya (WATER)
Slugma now before Florinia (FIRE + ROCK)
Litleo now before Florinia (NORAML + FIRE)
Tynamo and Blitzle before Julia (ELECTRIC)
Nidoran M before Florinia (POISON + GROUND)

Edited by pyrromanis

Also, some small errors, Nidorina comes after Shelly (You need Rock Smash) and Barboach is after Shelly too (For the Aqua Gang leader to move you need to do their second mission and that comes after Shelly, you can do it with both gangs).

Can I ask for something? Is it possible to add new pokes until before Agate? Since we can't return to the city it would be cool to know which pokemon we might miss if we pass Agate Gate! :)

EDIT
Also for rock type before Serra it's either Archen or Tirtuga (and their respective secondary types of course)

Edited by pyrromanis

Can I ask for something? Is it possible to add new pokes until before Agate? Since we can't return to the city it would be cool to know which pokemon we might miss if we pass Agate Gate! :)

EDIT

Also for rock type before Serra it's either Archen or Tirtuga (and their respective secondary types of course)

I just added a Radomus to Luna section, that should do it for the pre-Agate areas. NOTE: I might still be missing a ton of event pokemon because I made the latter part of this guide solely on memory and the EV Training guide. If I missed something hmu.

Added the fossils.

• Upvote 1

I presume the fossils are from the event in the Spinel Museum?

Yes, but you can get only one between of the plume and cover fossil. The other will be available in the circus but can't be resurrected until we return to the city :/

Edited by pyrromanis

Incase you're taking suggestions for Luna-Samson I've got a few

Bug: Dwebble, Crustle (Route 2 Wild Encounter)

Rock: Dwebble, Crustle, Rhyhorn (Route 2 Wild Encounter)

Fighting: Timburr (Circus puzzle reward)

Fairy: Cleffairy (High Striker reward)

Ground: Rhyhorn (Route 2 Wild Encounter)

Water: Seaking (Good Rod Celestine Cascade)

Also I'm not 100% sure what you'd be able to catch using the Good Rod inside I think it's Celestine Mountain when you complete the Crustle Puzzle north on Route 1. Encounters might be a tad different, not too sure.

Thanks for the contributions, guys/girls/non-binaries! As of now the guide is complete to the end of E15. That being said, I pulled the latter sections out of memory and the outdated EV Training guide, so there are certainly still mistakes. If you can figure out anything that I missed I'd appreciate it a lot!