Question of the Day

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely finishing my Computer Science controlled assessment. Since I'm rushing CS and the coursework has to be submitted by the end of term, I've spent lots of lunches working on it.

Once I'm done, I think I'll try to do some more reading. I miss reading actual, physical books.

Hmm...I guess, if things go according to plan, I would finish reading up on Law, Accounts and Costing by February end, in line for my exam in May.

Man hearing that makes me feel like such a slacker T__T

Main goal for February is to not get so stressed. Both work and extra-curriculars are super busy next month and I really want to try to get through it without freaking out like I usually do

Edited by MellowSlinky

[3]Question of the Day: If you could alter one Pokémon's typing, which Pokémon would you choose and why? [2/1/2016]

Probably Masquerain, it deserves its unique Bug/Water typing back. :c It therefore takes less damage from Stealth Rock, removes two weaknesses and turns one 4x weakness into a 2x, gains 2 more resistances, and it gets STAB Hydro Pump / Scald which I find much better than STAB Air Slash. This might not be enough to redeem it completely, but I hope it gets more usage. :c

• Global Mods

I'd make Lugia Water/Flying, since I don't really understand the Psychic part when it's associated with the sea.

Also before someone says "I'd make Gyarados Water/Dragon", Magikarp and Gyarados are based on a Chinese legend of a karp that flew over a waterfall.

Dedenne should be a type that is immune to everything

On a more serious note I'd change Volbeat into an electric type so it could be something a little more special. I just feel sorry for it.

I probably have a better answer somewhere but brain.exe has stopped working.

Noctowl not being Flying/Psychic bugs me to this day.

I know we got Xatu and Lugia in the same Gen, but it's not like they're carefully trying to avoid having too many 'mons with the same typing (sorry, can't hear you over the sound of all the Bug/Flying types).

Or, y'know, Flying/Dark, with a matching movepool, since it's an owl and Gen II introduced the Dark type... no? Oh, ok...

I'm so glad Gen VI ended the whole "generic bird must be normal type" streak.

I have probably vented my ire too many times about this, but not having Yanmega be a Bug/Dragon type is a -huge- missed opportunity.

There are probably many other such deserving cases, but this one sticks in my craw too much to ignore.

A real life dragonfly is a bug. And nothing but.

Dragon in its name is nothing but a fancy and has nothing to do with dragons.

The Japanese name for dragonfly is tonbo. Dragon is ryu. It has no silly association with dragons precisely because there is none.

The amount of 'deserving' in this case is exactly zero and a bug/flying type it should remain.

On the other hand, asian cultures have erroneous pegged sea horses as baby dragons- hence Kingdra's dragon type. This is also incredibly false, despite the lore and mythos behind it.

But we all know GameFreak is incredibly ethnocentric and cares only for the core Japanese fans, as firmly established by every special event they have done. Ever.

The end.

...wow. I had assumed that I would just be stating my personal wish and opinion about Yanmega, and did not think that I had to justify it. I know about the etymology of dragonflies, and Pokémon is hardly real life, but I....nevermind.

I'm too intimidated to say anything else.