Pokemon Apotheosis Discussion, Ideas, You name it!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so this seems like fun, I'll help throw some ideas around with you, I had some ideas for a fan made game myself so I can give you some ideas for the gym leaders, their teams, names, puzzles, whatever you want to work with I got you.

I came to look at the fangames since the subforum was created. So far, Apotheosis looks the most interesting.

However, all this info about the game is kinda all over the topic. Would there be some kind of compilation post in the future?

Edited by Jaromir

• 2 weeks later...

The game is coming along great so far. I would make a progress thread where I detail whats going on, but I feel it's not needed for version 1. I've got the story planned out, and most trainers written, now it just comes down to mapping, scripting, eventing, etc. Afterwards I also need to do some spriting, which I'll admit, I'm not the best at. I could use some dedicated spriters.

Aside from that have a thing!

ojCH8Cg.png

A Divine Dedenne. Are you guys maybe seeing a theme with these things yet? Probably not. Maybe you have though. If so I applaud you.

this sounds nice about the whole divine and demon pokemon thing. i just cannot imagine eevee or any of it's evolutions be demon pokemon. sylveon will be great for divine though. why do i have a feeling that there will be exceptions to what pokemon can/can't be divine/demon pokemon?

• Veterans

this sounds nice about the whole divine and demon pokemon thing. i just cannot imagine eevee or any of it's evolutions be demon pokemon. sylveon will be great for divine though. why do i have a feeling that there will be exceptions to what pokemon can/can't be divine/demon pokemon?

Well, like Pyrrhon said, fairies can't become demons and dark types can't become divine. there probably will be some exceptions tho

Hello I'm back again with an announcement this time of two new field effects that will be in the game and I'm pretty excited for both. Before that though, I'd like to say, I was thinking of doing custom moves, but that idea has been dropped as they are too much hassle for something easily replaceable.

If you've been keeping up with my recent status, you'd know this first field will be Jeremiahs. So here it is, the

Heavy Snow Field:

Rock attacks deal additional Ice type damage and receive a x1.1 boost. (This actually makes ice types resist rock >:])

Ice attacks gain a x1.2 Boost in power.

Fire moves will suffer a x0.5 drop in power.

Hail lasts for 8 turns

Activates Snow Cloak and Ice Body

Refrigerate now gets a x1.5 damage boost (from x1.3)

Nature Power becomes Powder Snow

Camouflage changes the users type to Ice

Secret Power may freeze the target.

Blizzard becomes 100% accurate

Pokemon that are non-ice types or do not have Magic Guard as their ability suffer a x0.5 decrease in Speed.

The following moves that do extra or less damage are located here:

Silver Wind, Fairy Wind, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Gust, Hurricane, Ominous Wind, Leaf Tornado, Leaf Storm and Razor Wind all receive a x1.3 boost.

Dig receives a x1.5 boost.

Scald and Steam Eruption get a x0.5 decrease in power.

This field can be terminated by either bringing out the Sun, or using Eruption/Lava Plume/Heat Wave... That is if you get the chance to use it.

The next field we have is one that may surprise you and one that may not seem like it will have much use, but it will in the story. Ladies and gents

Treetop Field:

Grass moves and Fire moves gain a x1.2 increase in power.

Flying moves gain a x1.3 increase in power.

Water moves get a x0.5 decrease in power.

Tailwind lasts for 5 turns.

Aerilate now gives a x1.5 boost in power (from x1.3)

Nature Power becomes Tailwind

Camouflage changes the users type to Grass.

Secret Power may put the foe to sleep.

Moves increases and decreases in power are found here:

Silver Wind, Fairy Wind, Twister, Heat Wave, Ominous Wind, Icy Wind, Blizzard and Razor Wind get a x1.3 boost in power.

Bulldoze, Earthquake, Magnitude and Land's Wrath all gain a x1.5 boost in power.

I hope you all enjoy these fields when you see them ingame. I like them both a lot. Anyways before I go there's one last thing that needs to be said here.

I need a spriter.

I don't know if you guys could tell, but I'm shit at custom sprite making. I can recolor and shit, but when it comes to making new sprites for gym leaders and my main characters, well I just can't do it. I'm not that great with detailing. So I'm calling out to you guys, I need a someone who can assist me with spriting. PM me if you're interested.

With all of this said and done, I must bid you all adieu.

Ohhhhh, I really like the sound of this!
I know some basic design if you would like a banner or something, I can help with that!

I'm curious as to the characters appearances, blonde for the male and black hair for the girl(I shall always dream and wait for a pokemon game with a ginger haired girl like me pfft) it is to kinda flip the main two protags of Reborn with black for male and blonde for the female?

Again, if you are interested or not I'd PM me. For one, it's easier to communicate that way and give more detail... especially without accidentally spoiling anything...

But to answer your question, Chippy, I used those hair colors as that is what I see as normal for hair color for guy/girl... although much like reborn, I could easily make another player character. Also a banner would be nice, and also a title picture if you could seeing as I could use some artwork to bring more people in.