Your favourite pokemon moves so rekt everyone.

Shing

• Veterans

HYPER BEAM!

PROTECT? MORE HYPER BEAM
hyper-beam-o.gif

RECHARGE? MORE HYPER BEAM

tumblr_lrmostlpRO1qd87hlo1_500.gif

PIKACHU? EVEN MORE HYPER BEAM!

hyper-beam-o.gif

GET HIT? MORE HYPER BEAM!

tumblr_muwi4l96ih1sl7njko1_500.gif

Edited by Azeria
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HYPER BEAM!

PROTECT? MORE HYPER BEAM

hyper-beam-o.gif

RECHARGE? MORE HYPER BEAM

tumblr_lrmostlpRO1qd87hlo1_500.gif

PIKACHU? EVEN MORE HYPER BEAM!

hyper-beam-o.gif

GET HIT? MORE HYPER BEAM!

tumblr_muwi4l96ih1sl7njko1_500.gif

Okay then, Ghost types. Your move azeria.

harden

Metapod ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll fix it. No need for reports here. He fessed up. c:

Ah thanks Hilda.

Alrighty well I guess I'll do a top 10. #PowerOverAccuracy

1. Earthquake (Y'all should know me by now, I like ground moves, this is THE ground move)

2. Close Combat (Fighting type is a great offensive type, this has great power. Yes it does lower defenses but you can switch out afterwards anyways. Part of my love for this move came with the fact that Staraptor, a flying type pokemon, got this move. That's freaking sick)

3. Sacred Fire (Entei has become one of my favorite pokemon recently, and this is a big reason why. With a 50% chance to burn on top of being a 100 Power Physical Fire Move, what's not to love?)

4. Stone Edge (Powerful Rock move, yeah it misses, but rocks are good offense... stupid birds and their stupid ground immunity, good thing most things with Earthquake also get Stone Edge ^^)

5. Outrage (RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR. Too bad it gets locked in and then often times has to deal with a steel or fairy type, but none the less. rawr)

6. Knock Off (It helps hinder stupid stall teams, get rid of those damn leftovers, orbs, choice items, what have you. Great move for power and utility)

7. Psyshock (The one Special move on my list.... uses physical defense in calculation.... and that's why. If something is greatly specially bulky and you have a special attacker, here's an option for you to go another route and not be forced to switch out that Alakzam or Lati@s, or what have you)

8. Leech Seed (I'm usually against stall, and yeah this kinda is hypocritical of me, but I like stealing souls)

9. Will-O-Wisp (Cripples the opponent's physical attacker, and makes walling that much more feasible, WALLing not STALLing)

10. Precipice Blades (While it's not ever given a chance to shine in competitive due to being exclusive to Groudon, this is a ground move.... that hits FLYING TYPES. Screw yo burds mane)

Physical - Earthquake: I don't (usually) like neither ground type pokemon or the majority of their moves, but earthquake has done me a great service throughout the years. It might not hit flying types, but unless you're a pure bug or grass type, you better run. Plus, is nearly the only thing that can kill those damn Drapions/Skuntanks in just one hit.

Special - Shadow Ball/Psychic: while the second is relatively stronger, it depends greatly on what pokemon you give these moves to. Shadow ball gengar has been one of my greatest allies in hack roms, while psychic gardevoir makes its poison type weakness almost irrelevant (only Drapion/Skuntank and Dragalge will survive you). Plus you have a chance to lower spdefense and cause even more damage the second time. Moonblast, the fairy type move of similar characteristics, is a close third (it lowers spattack tho), thus one of the reasons Ghost, Psychic and Fairy are my three favourite types.

Status - Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Leech Seed: these are the big team screwers. Oh so ya'll a bunch of poison and steel types? Burnt. So ya'll some fire types? Toxic'd. So you're a fire/steel heatran bitching about no burns and poisonings? Get some leech seed now would ya?

Honorable mentions of Scald, Ice beam, Fake out, Dragon Claw, Iron Head, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak and Phantom Force.

Physical - Earthquake: I don't (usually) like neither ground type pokemon or the majority of their moves, but earthquake has done me a great service throughout the years. It might not hit flying types, but unless you're a pure bug or grass type, you better run. Plus, is nearly the only thing that can kill those damn Drapions/Skuntanks in just one hit.

Special - Shadow Ball/Psychic: while the second is relatively stronger, it depends greatly on what pokemon you give these moves to. Shadow ball gengar has been one of my greatest allies in hack roms, while psychic gardevoir makes its poison type weakness almost irrelevant (only Drapion/Skuntank and Dragalge will survive you). Plus you have a chance to lower spdefense and cause even more damage the second time. Moonblast, the fairy type move of similar characteristics, is a close third (it lowers spattack tho), thus one of the reasons Ghost, Psychic and Fairy are my three favourite types.

Status - Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Leech Seed: these are the big team screwers. Oh so ya'll a bunch of poison and steel types? Burnt. So ya'll some fire types? Toxic'd. So you're a fire/steel heatran bitching about no burns and poisonings? Get some leech seed now would ya?

Honorable mentions of Scald, Ice beam, Fake out, Dragon Claw, Iron Head, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak and Phantom Force.

Earthquake is really great.

Psychic is really good. If i wouldn't use psychic, psyshock would be almost the second psychic.

Leed seed is my favourite status one. Used this on mega venusaur. I had long battles with it on online. The stall.

Earthquake is really great.

Psychic is really good. If i wouldn't use psychic, psyshock would be almost the second psychic.

Leed seed is my favourite status one. Used this on mega venusaur. I had long battles with it on online. The stall.

Psyshock is great when you are posed with the adamant wall that is blissey, but in general you don't find enough blisseys anyways, so that's why I go for psychic. If Psyshock was base power 90 instead of 80 tho, more things in my teams would have it.

Leech seed M-Venusaur, SO IT WAS YOU!!! The stall, the countless hours of stall, they never ended. And when they did, it was with my painful defeat at the hands of a stalling beast. Fun when you use them though, it gives a good advantage to frail things like Liligant and Serperior.

Psyshock is great when you are posed with the adamant wall that is blissey, but in general you don't find enough blisseys anyways, so that's why I go for psychic. If Psyshock was base power 90 instead of 80 tho, more things in my teams would have it.

Leech seed M-Venusaur, SO IT WAS YOU!!! The stall, the countless hours of stall, they never ended. And when they did, it was with my painful defeat at the hands of a stalling beast. Fun when you use them though, it gives a good advantage to frail things like Liligant and Serperior.

Yeah, it could be.

We could battle once if you have 3ds and x/y.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk if anyone has said it yet but Dark Void. Putting the enemy to sleep and inducing nightmares with easy setup as well is amazing. Plus in tiers like AAA giving Smeargle prankster and then giving it moves like dark void, kings shield, set up move, and filler for setup is amazing to me. Baton pass is always fun with that set as well. Not to mention the only legitimate Dark Void user (Sorry smeargle) is fast as hell and can hit hard. Such a fun move >w<

<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_PTe5UpAUKPLz2"></div><script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: "PTe5UpAUKPLz2",w: 500, h: 309});var g = document.createElement("script"); g.type = "text/javascript"; g.async = true;g.src = ("https:" == document.location.protocol ? "https://" : "http://") + "giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

Edited by Ganolth

<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_PTe5UpAUKPLz2"></div><script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: "PTe5UpAUKPLz2",w: 500, h: 309});var g = document.createElement("script"); g.type = "text/javascript"; g.async = true;g.src = ("https:" == document.location.protocol ? "https://" : "http://") + "giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

That is, without a doubt, my favorite move ever.

Mine can only be one thing: Fiery Dance. A decently strong move (practically the strength of Flamethrower) which is likely to raise your Special Attack one stage while killing things.

There are a couple of other moves with similar effects such as PUP (Power-Up Punch) and Charge Beam, but PUP is a fairly weak move on its own and Charge Beam is likely to miss with the way accuracy works.

Plus, Volcarona is the reaper of souls. None shall be safe from his wicked dance moves.

Glitch field?

Anyway my favorite moves would be: "Bullet Punch" (for my banded Metagross) this thing won me many battles, "Dragon Dance" (for my beastly Gyarados) if you manage to set up the opponent is practically dead (i abused this move so many times in Reborn), "Sheer Cold" this move is just unfair (and obviously superior to "Fissure" and "Guillotine") also it makes me wonder why there aren't more moves like these (for the other types i mean). Oh and also "Destiny Bond" every Ghost should pack this.

Fond memories of Emerald and Platinum where as soon as I got the TM for Sludge Bomb on my Dustox and Roserade the game suddenly became a lot easier. So. Sludge Bomb.

My favorite moves are Flame Charge and Bulldoze. I realize there are better moves to use, but Flame Charge on Emboar got me through a lot of Black, and also helped get him fast enough to Close Combat most Pokemon before he could be stricken down.

Bulldoze was the reason I was able to rescue Gossip Gardevoir without including too many spoilers in this post. I managed 4 Bulldoze on the target, and was then able to lower its Sp. Attack with Mystic Fire from Delphox a lot, and finally finished it by Cross Chop a few times with Primeape. Wouldn't have been able to do that if Golem wasn't able to lower its speed.

That move is the one.

Idk if anyone has said it yet but Dark Void. Putting the enemy to sleep and inducing nightmares with easy setup as well is amazing. Plus in tiers like AAA giving Smeargle prankster and then giving it moves like dark void, kings shield, set up move, and filler for setup is amazing to me. Baton pass is always fun with that set as well. Not to mention the only legitimate Dark Void user (Sorry smeargle) is fast as hell and can hit hard. Such a fun move >w<

Smeargle with prankster is too much for me there. Escpecially if on triple battle. Always dark void smeagle everywhere @-@

Mine can only be one thing: Fiery Dance. A decently strong move (practically the strength of Flamethrower) which is likely to raise your Special Attack one stage while killing things.

There are a couple of other moves with similar effects such as PUP (Power-Up Punch) and Charge Beam, but PUP is a fairly weak move on its own and Charge Beam is likely to miss with the way accuracy works.

Plus, Volcarona is the reaper of souls. None shall be safe from his wicked dance moves.

Still stealth rock and rock moves tho.

Fond memories of Emerald and Platinum where as soon as I got the TM for Sludge Bomb on my Dustox and Roserade the game suddenly became a lot easier. So. Sludge Bomb.

Well it was the stongest poison move until gen 5.

Edited by ShingSt