Gym Leader Speculations

Xiri

In 'the Axe' thread, there was a brief speculation of what Pokemon will be present in Adrienn's team (I think there was a discussion of that somewhere down below too), so... since I was bored, I decided to share my speculation of the remaining gym leaders we have left to face.

I have close to zero-knowledge on competitive battling, so some of you will be puzzled by my choices, but feel free to leave your opinions too. I haven't included Ciel or Adrienn - because the former has too much of a diversity to choose from, and the latter has been discussed already too much personally.

Hardy (Rock)

- Gigalith

- Lunatone

- Solrock

- Tyranitar

- Tyrantrum

- Shuckle/Archeops

Amaria (Water)

- Lapras

- Kingdra

- Azumarill/Slowbro

- Swampert

- Milotic/Gyarados

- Greninja/Starmie

Titania (Steel)

- Scizor

- Skarmory

- Metagross

- Aegislash

- Magnezone

- Bisharp/Lucario

Saphira (Dragon)

- Dragonite

- Goodra

- Salamence

- Garchomp/Flygon

- Tyrantrum

- Kingdra

Recalling my past experiences with the Reborn League, I'll say some of the mons when I faced Amaria and Titania. This definitely doesn't mean the ones I left below are guranteed, but I feel some of them may be on it.

Amaria: Politoad, Ludicolo, Quagsire (this monster made me lose to her three times in a row), Rotom-W, Greninja, Azumarill.

Titania looks the same as I experienced her except I saw Empoleon.

ceil better have bird Jesus :/

Why? She is not part of the Sacred Order. Anyway apart from the already confirmed mons these leaders will probably have Megas, like Tyranitar for Hardy, Blastoise for Amaria (i feel that Gyarados doesn't fit her personality), Scizor for Titania, Gallade for Adrienn (or maybe even Diancie), Salamence for Saphira (she won't have Rayquaza right?) and Altaria for Ciel.

Amaria will probably have a Politoed with a team full of swift swimmers, and we will battle her in the underwater field. We already know two of her mons (Lapras and Kingdra), and one has swift swim... I might as well start sobbing now.

I never participated in the online league before, so I wouldn't have a clue on their online teams haha.

But yeah, how could I have forgotten Politoed and Rotom-W? Although I'm not too sure which two to omit out...

Hardy is definitely having an archeops, but I feel like megas should be saved for the E4 and beyond.

I'm more interested in what fields they will use. Amaria being fought underwater makes sense, and maybe Ciel will be in the upper balconies of the circus or something. Titania will probably get a new field and Hardy might be the cave field.

Adrienn [Fairy]

-Azumarril

-Mawile

-Sylveon

-Togekiss

-Florgess

-Altaria (Mega)

Hardy [Rock] (Doubles)

-Solrock

-Lunatune

-Carbink

-Rhyperior

-Gigalith

-Aerodactyl (Mega)

Titania [steel]

-Bronzong

-Skarmory

-Aegislash

-Empoleon/Excadrill

-Scizor

-Aggron/Steelix (Mega)

Ciel [Flying] (Doubles)

-Talonflame

-Staraptor

-Braviary

-Mandibuzz

-Archeops

-Pidgeot (Mega)

Amaria [Water]

-Politoed

-Ludicolo

-Poliwrath

-Kingdra

-Lapras

-Swampert (Mega)

Sapphira [Dragon]

-Haxorus

-Kingdra

-Goodra

-Tyruntrum

-Dragonite

-Sceptile (Mega)

Adrienn [Fairy]

-Azumarril

-Mawile

-Sylveon

-Togekiss

-Florgess

-Altaria (Mega)

Hardy [Rock] (Doubles)

-Solrock

-Lunatune

-Carbink

-Rhyperior

-Gigalith

-Aerodactyl (Mega)

Titania [steel]

-Bronzong

-Skarmory

-Aegislash

-Empoleon/Excadrill

-Scizor

-Aggron/Steelix (Mega)

Ciel [Flying] (Doubles)

-Talonflame

-Staraptor

-Braviary

-Mandibuzz

-Archeops

-Pidgeot (Mega)

Amaria [Water]

-Politoed

-Ludicolo

-Poliwrath

-Kingdra

-Lapras

-Swampert (Mega)

Sapphira [Dragon]

-Haxorus

-Kingdra

-Goodra

-Tyruntrum

-Dragonite

-Sceptile (Mega)

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Ciel's ace Altaria? So maybe that's going to be her mega. (if she's going to have one) With Titania wouldn't make more sense for her to have Mega Scizor? I don't know what mega she used for the PO League, so I'm just guessing. And with Sapphira Mega Salamance? I think it would make more sense than a Sceptile I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Ciel's ace Altaria? So maybe that's going to be her mega. (if she's going to have one) With Titania wouldn't make more sense for her to have Mega Scizor? I don't know what mega she used for the PO League, so I'm just guessing. And with Sapphira Mega Salamance? I think it would make more sense than a Sceptile I think.

Well I went on another route with Aces to be the last Pokemon before the Mega and not the Aces be the Mega for multiple reasons

Besides, it is not necessary Aces to be the Megas

First of all the Aces we see on the Leaders page are outdated as many times have stated by many and Ame herself, Second I make Adrienn's Mega to be Altaria so I change the Ciel's Ace.

For Titania, Ame one some thread about that Gigantic Steelix left the suspicion that we will see it again with Titania (Weird indeed, many was asking why Titania when Sapphira was the one who controlled it last time) so maybe we have some Mega Gigantic Steelix? Even no Mega Aggron is even better as wall so why not?

And for Sapphira when we have Heather with Salamence it's almost 100% that she have Mega Salamence too

SO TL;DR = Pluralism

Well I went on another route with Ace's to be the last Pokemon before the Mega and not the Ace's be the Mega for multiple reasons

First of all the Ace's we see on the Leaders page are outdated as many times have stated by many and Ame herself, Second I make Adrienn's Mega to be Altaria so I change the Ciel's Ace.

For Titania, Ame one some thread about that Gigantic Steelix left the suspicion that we will see it again with Titania (Weird indeed, many was asking why Titania when Sapphira was the one who controlled it last time) so maybe we have some Mega Gigantic Steelix? Even no Mega Aggron is even better as wall so why not?

And for Sapphira when we have Heather with Salamence it's almost 100% that she have Mega Salamence too

SO TL;DR = Pluralism

The Salamance thing makes sense, forgot about Heather for a moment.

And see the Steelix with Titania? That's weird indeed, do you know what thread is? I looked for it and I don't think that I will be able to find it... But I still thing that Mega Scizor would be a better option :P

The Salamance thing makes sense, forgot about Heather for a moment.

And see the Steelix with Titania? That's weird indeed, do you know what thread is? I looked for it and I don't think that I will be able to find it... But I still thing that Mega Scizor would be a better option :P

I have to do some house works and after that I will search about this thread

Edit: Here http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11963&page=2&hl=%2Btitania+%2Bsteelix#entry279783

Well not so clear as I was remember it but still....

Ciel having mega Altaria would be off because...

Mega Altaria is Dragon - Fairy type, not Flying.

Noel (with his Clefable) would disagree and this is a speculation topic so why not?

Ciel having mega Altaria would be off because...

Mega Altaria is Dragon - Fairy type, not Flying.

doesn't really matter, the typing that counts on a monotype is the one a pokemon has before mega evolving/changing formes. and also what gaunt said.

so if anything, adrienn shouldnt be allowed to use altaria.

I agree with most on the lineups for the gym leaders.but i think Adrienn has really poor choices.Most of his fairy pokemon can be easily taken out from a powerful poison physical attacker and the Mawile(if he will have one) can be easily taken out from a fire or ground attack.i think he need a very good field effect or he will be one of the easiest gym leaders of the late game

• Global Mods

Here are a few Pokemon I could see them having

Ciel: Altaria, Talonflame, Crobat, Skarmory, Staraptor

Adrienn: Florges, Togekiss, Klefki or Mawile, Azumarill

Titania: Scizor, Bronzong, Steelix, Magnezone, Aegislash

Amaria: Lapras, Wash Rotom, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Swampert

Hardy: Gigalith, Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Aggron

Saphira: Dragonite, Dragalge, Goodra, Salamence, Tyrantrum

Edited by StrawberryLoveIntervention

Here are a few Pokemon I could see them having

Ciel: Altaria, Talonflame, Crobat, Skarmory, Staraptor

Adrienn: Florges, Togekiss, Klefki or Mawile, Azumarill

Titania: Scizor, Bronzong, Steelix, Magnezone, Aegislash

Amaria: Lapras, Wash Rotom, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Swampert

Hardy: Gigalith, Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Aggron

Saphira: Dragonite, Dragalge, Goodra, Salamence, Tyrantrum

POWERFUL STARAPTOR

I'm sorry I had to

No Gym Leaders have so far, so it's not likely that the rest will. Maybe the E4. And tbh, it depends on the Mega. A lot of them are Meh at best.

Hardy would get Mega Aerodactyl or Mega Tyranitar-both don't change much from their normal versions-so the same ways to beat them still apply. MAYBE Mega Aggron if Ame bends the rules a bit, but it's not that good.

Titania might be a problem with Mega Mawile, Mega Lucario and Mega Metagross.

Amaria gets Mega Blastoise and Mega Gyarados (meh) and Mega Slowbro (slow, and easy to defeat if you know it's coming).

Saphira is unlikely to have Salamence as it's the signiture mon of the E4 Dragon member, so she MIGHT have Mega Ampharos or somesuch. Maybe Megazard X, which can be OHKOd by an Earthquake.

Faeries have Mega Mawile that might be a threat, and Mega Gardevoir.

Flying has MegaZard Y that might hurt.

Very few things that can't be dealt with, and as I said before, the odds of anyone pre E4 who's not named Lin having a Mega are almost nil.