Who do you think will have the first mega that we have to fight?

deadpool848

I think it'll be Pulse Tangrowth...oh wait...

Truthfully, I don't think there will be any Megas until the Elite 4 if any. As with the League Rules, only the very high ranked leaders are even allowed to use Megas (and Legendaries).

Solaris is actually not a bad assumption, to be honest. I really don't think any gym leader need a mega on their teams, at least not for the official gym battle we get at the end of every new episode. Anyways, we have the whole PULSE mechanic, so maybe Solaris' garchomp will go PULSE instead of mega? That would hurt it or kill it though, and I don't think Solaris is the kind of villain who lets his pokemon die to a powering machine.

Maybe Fern? Maybe he gets a sceptile or some bullshit and mega evolves it for the lols.

My last choice would be one of the "fire" sisters: either Sapphira, who is pretty badass already and a mega dragon-type would fit her pretty well, or maybe Laura, who hasn't done anything yet (at least that I'm aware of). Or maybe we discover that Heather's pendant (was it a pendant?) has special properties that allows it to mega-evolve pokemon....and Heather has a salamence....lol

Truthfully, I don't think there will be any Megas until the Elite 4 if any. As with the League Rules, only the very high ranked leaders are even allowed to use Megas (and Legendaries).

Yea, which is why I kind of think it will be someone from Team Meteor. And I can totaly see the E4 packing both mega and legendary pokemon.

Don't think we'll be getting or seeing any megas till post game unfortunately :/

My guess is the E4 will have Megas, along with the Champion. Once you beat he champion, you will probably get a keystone to activate mega evolution as one of the rewards of beating the league.

I think it's Ciel, I don't where, but I saw that her main pokemon is an Altaria, and let's be honest: non-mega altaria sucks, even with the field effect boost. So I think we'll be fighting a mega altaria when we're about to fight her since I think she's the next leader. (I know it's not a flying type, but... the normal leader had a fairy ace, so...)

I think it's Ciel, I don't where, but I saw that her main pokemon is an Altaria, and let's be honest: non-mega altaria sucks, even with the field effect boost. So I think we'll be fighting a mega altaria when we're about to fight her since I think she's the next leader. (I know it's not a flying type, but... the normal leader had a fairy ace, so...)

Actually... normal Altaria can receive a huge amount of help from the Circus field (which I'm assuming is Ciel's battleground), given the correct moveset and EV spread.

My Altaria swept Samson's team (although the Fairy/Flying weakness helped a lot) too

But Solaris (and most of the Meteors) isn't part of the League so maybe there is a possibility. My bet is: one of the Meteors.

I could see there maybe being a particular field effect that allows mega evolution. That way, we could use it sometimes, without having full access to it. There would still be a key item that allows it all the time for some characters to have, but the player won't get the item until very late/after the story.

We have acces to Mega Evolution =//= Opponent have acces to Mega Evolution

^THIS

I really wouldn't be surprised if the remaining gym leaders start to use Megas. Since we are given a wide range of Pokemon to use at this point, it is natural for the Gym Leaders to become 'easier' to defeat (unless they are all given an OP field like Charlotte) - so I think it's viable that the remaining leaders receive Megas - to make the battle slightly more difficult if possible.

^THIS

I really wouldn't be surprised if the remaining gym leaders start to use Megas. Since we are given a wide range of Pokemon to use at this point, it is natural for the Gym Leaders to become 'easier' to defeat (unless they are all given an OP field like Charlotte) - so I think it's viable that the remaining leaders receive Megas - to make the battle slightly more difficult if possible.

While Ame's at it, give T3RR4 a mega too. She deserves it, and it'd make her battle slightly harder (was just a little bit too easy for me).

I would like to see all the aces being megas in the rematches, but most of the aces don't have megas anyway :(

While Ame's at it, give T3RR4 a mega too. She deserves it, and it'd make her battle slightly harder (was just a little bit too easy for me).

I would like to see all the aces being megas in the rematches, but most of the aces don't have megas anyway :(

Maybe they'll have different Pokes in the rematch, +1 for Terra getting a Mega