Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay: OOC/Signups [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

Tomas Elliot

@Commander and Chim: You always start with what cards you like and we could throw out some suggestions based around it.

...I only remember like ten cards though and they probably all suck or got completely revamped to the point I'd just say "Give me a deck, doesn't matter what kind of deck, just as long as an eight year old could use it well."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the test with the character I have in mind and I had this:

The Hangman 100%

The World 90%

Edit: Justice and Temperance at 88 if that counts.

Ladies and gentlemen we have our first natural Utopia! And given that the Hanged Man (that would be the Heart-eartH family) is already taken, you don'teven have a choice: if you get on board and go for Number Holder, you are our protagonist!

Well truth be told you have Cain and Abel at 88%, but come on, it's Utopia...

...I only remember like ten cards though and they probably all suck or got completely revamped to the point I'd just say "Give me a deck, doesn't matter what kind of deck, just as long as an eight year old could use it well."

8 YO kids are far more skilled and competitiv at this that people our age are :P

That aside, I can only give you the same hint I gave Chimchain: try your luck with the test and see what happens!

Edited by Tomas Elliot

Can I have Dark Magician Girl in my deck?

And I guess I'll give it a shot. I'll need help with building a deck though. I'll also update my character once I finish everything.

Can I have Dark Magician Girl in my deck?

And I guess I'll give it a shot. I'll need help with building a deck though. I'll also update my character once I finish everything.

That's the spirit. Now I am getting ready for a party tonight: once the party is over (or tomorrow if I am too tired) I will contact you privately to give you hints for a deck. In the meantime, you might want to research the basics of Xyz summons, as well as what decks feature heavy focus on Rank 4 Xyz Summons (that's what Utopia is)... You might get some nice ideas!

100th post, finally!

I'm a bit late, I was not sure about joining this as I've never roleplayed and I needed some basic help...
Actually I'm still thinking about a character (that's why I didn't want to post in the first place, but I have some ideas).
EDIT: App is complete!

Name: Monika Riegel
Appearence: She is 5'6'' tall, white-skinned, has long black hair and amber coloured eyes. She is also fairly thin, and is often seen wearing dark clothes.
Personality: She is calm and serious, and fairly shy with new people, but easy-going and very kind with close friends. She is also a curious person.
She really likes dueling, and she's become fairly good, but she thinks she still has a lot of things to learn. She is competitive and serious during duels, and always trying to improve.
She tends to look forward and think about the future.
Backstory: She was not born in Heartland, but in another city; she moved to Heartland at the age of 13 with her family, and didn't have any friends at school because of this.
Even her accent is slightly different from the other classmates from Heartland.
When she was 12, she saw a very bright comet in the sky, and since then she began to gradually become more interested in astronomy: her deck actually "reflects" this, and she used it for the first time just some months before moving to Heartland.
Number Holder: N
Decks: Constellar

DN account : (guess the name) Cyaloom

Edited by Cyaloom

Ok the party we threw that friend of mine just ended. I don't feel particularly sleepy, so here I am!

Really want to use crystal beasts, but considering how significant and rare they were in GX, I don't know if that would be alright or not.

As you said, they were plot-driving cards in GX. Nowadays, they are just another deck, so you are free to use them. However, I gotta tell you: I won't approve of a cheap, Xyz-centric deck that sues only Pegasus, Tiger and the new support, like we often see nowadays! If you are a man, make a deck around Rainbow Dragon and make it consistent! I actually have a build somehere, I can help if you want.

This aside, is there anything that needs my immediate attention? If not, I'll be replying to some private conversations.

remember when i said i use both gladiator beasts and six samurai? in the past as my character, that was the deck i used until gateway of the six was banned. i ended up in a losing streak and needed to switch decks. so i switched to gladiator beasts to rebuild my streak. i still keep the deck in tact in case gateway got unbanned or if i feel like playing them. hooray for background info.

Name: Professor Gawyn Falas

Appearence: Link (If I can find a better picture, this will be replaced, but for now pretend the white cloak isn't there.)

Personality: To those that don't know him well, Gawyn can appear cold and uncaring, but in reality he knows exactly what he's doing and acts that way on purpose. Persistence and valiant acts speak to him, and to those that have impressed him he tends to be quite friendly towards and will discuss many different topics at length with them. Especially if they involve the Middle Ages. He tends to stand up for what he thinks is right, and will often do so without thinking about the consequences.

Backstory: Gawyn was born to a middle class family some odd 30 years ago, in the small town of Belhala, where his parents owned an inn. The game duel monsters was very popular in their inn, and he quickly learned all the ins and outs of the game before he was even 6. As a result of this, he ended up befriending more of the patrons through their duels than with other children his age. Everything changed on his thirteenth birthday, however. A strange man came to the inn, and the next morning, he and Gawyns parents were gone. The only sign that the man had ever been there were the scattered cards tossed about the floor. Gawyn took the cards, and vowed to find his parents. Hoping to find clues, he studied everything he could about the cards, which depicted the Noble Knights of the Round Table. Years later, as an expert of a sort on the age of the knights, he became a history teacher in Heartland, but never gave up on finding his parents.

Number Holder: N

Deck: Noble Knights
DN Name: krim981

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Answered all the private messages I had waiting. I think I will go to sleep now: tomorrow I will add a list of the accepted characters to the OP.

Also, I am going to plot-lock the Bujin archetype for a major NPC that will be introduced later in the plot. So yeah, don't pick Bujin people!

Noted!

Question: Do we have side decks (at least I think that is what it is called)? It's the one where we get to have 15 cards that serves as a reserve to switch up our decks if necessary.

I'd say no, because siding is something you do between one duel and another, in a best of 3 match. But in this RP we shall do single duels like in the anime, so a Side Deck is not needed...

Name: Ken Sukkar

Personality: The self-proclaimed "Sugar Prince" of class 2-2! Laid back and lazy as hell, Ken isn't really one who loves the word "effort." He's always got some kind of sweet-tasting food on him, courtesy of his family's store. He's the type of guy who would rather sit back and let other people do the work, even if he's perfectly capable of doing it himself. The two things he doesn't share this philosophy on are dueling and baking, as he feels they're two of the only things worth doing right at the moment. Despite his tendency to be effort-avoidant, he's a generally cheerful and open fellow on the surface, never really being judgemental towards anyone and is usually pretty generous with his family's stock of goods or things he's made himself. Has a tendency to show up at places unexpected or suddenly pop up behind you during a conversation: It's a wonder he doesn't run a ninja deck with that kind of ... "talent", if it could be called that.

Backstory: Son of the owner of a local candy shop and bakery, Ken's lived in the area of Heartland his entire life. Unfortunately, his family hasn't had such a sweet life and his mother left when he was 6, stating "irreconcilable differences" with his old man. He hasn't seen her since and frankly, he couldnn't care less if he does. It's the one topic that's a bit of a sore spot for him, so he tries to avoid it at all costs. As with a lot of kids in the area, he took up dueling at a young age and quickly became attached to the Madolche archetype of monsters, loving their literal sweet designs. He's not led a terribly exciting life, just a normal kid who likes to bake and duel, and hates actual effort and work. You'll usually find him helping out at his dad's store or lazing around the streets of Heartland.

Number Holder Y/N: N, my schedule atm wouldn't allow it. xD

Deck of choice: Madolche

Sound good?

(Yes, my deck revolves around Rainbow Dragon, as I truly despise Xyz monsters.)

Name: Zander Helios

Appearance: Tall and strong. Has blond hair (he prefers to refer to it as a yellow topaz) and eyes the color of sapphires. He generally wears a ton of vibrant colors, his outfit changing almost by the day (including contact lenses that have varying colors by the day). He generally has an annoying strand of hair that falls over his eyes that he constantly blows on in order to place it back in its original place. He also wears an emerald ring and a ruby necklace, considering them his good luck charms.

Personality: Overall, a pompous young man. He's incredibly proud of his skills and considers himself to be quite the ladies' man, offering up spare jewelry as if he's worth a date in the first place. However, he gets incredibly sensitive when someone brings up his prized Crystal Beasts deck. He treats each monster as if it were his own child. He often interjects into conversations as if his opinion is really worth anything.

Backstory: Zander comes from an affluent area of Heartland, his father owning one of the largest food corporations within the town. Since his father abandoned his mother and took Zander with him at a young age, Zander ended up developing his father's misogynistic tendencies. Having nobody to split his money with, his father bought expensive things for Zander, awarding him with various jewels, and even his very own Crystal Beasts deck that he uses to this day. Perhaps his favorite piece of jewelry is his ruby necklace. He's considered it his good luck charm ever since an unfortunate event in the streets of Heartland. Making his way back to his father's penthouse, he was stopped by a malevolent man in a desperate search for money. When Zander refused, the man forced him into an alley way. Upon pinning him against a wall, the man swung his knife down towards Zander, where is was stopped by the rather adamant ruby. The man was shocked, giving Zander a few moments to throw the man off him and book it back to his place. When he got home, he realized the necklace was had not even the slightest chink, and took it as a sign that the jewel would be around with him for quite a while.

Number Holder Y/N: N

Deck of choice: Crystal Beasts

I'd say no, because siding is something you do between one duel and another, in a best of 3 match. But in this RP we shall do single duels like in the anime, so a Side Deck is not needed...

Got it! Thank you!

Name: Ken Sukkar
Personality: The self-proclaimed "Sugar Prince" of class 2-2! Laid back and lazy as hell, Ken isn't really one who loves the word "effort." He's always got some kind of sweet-tasting food on him, courtesy of his family's store. He's the type of guy who would rather sit back and let other people do the work, even if he's perfectly capable of doing it himself. The two things he doesn't share this philosophy on are dueling and baking, as he feels they're two of the only things worth doing right at the moment. Despite his tendency to be effort-avoidant, he's a generally cheerful and open fellow on the surface, never really being judgemental towards anyone and is usually pretty generous with his family's stock of goods or things he's made himself. Has a tendency to show up at places unexpected or suddenly pop up behind you during a conversation: It's a wonder he doesn't run a ninja deck with that kind of ... "talent", if it could be called that.
Backstory: Son of the owner of a local candy shop and bakery, Ken's lived in the area of Heartland his entire life. Unfortunately, his family hasn't had such a sweet life and his mother left when he was 6, stating "irreconcilable differences" with his old man. He hasn't seen her since and frankly, he couldnn't care less if he does. It's the one topic that's a bit of a sore spot for him, so he tries to avoid it at all costs. As with a lot of kids in the area, he took up dueling at a young age and quickly became attached to the Madolche archetype of monsters, loving their literal sweet designs. He's not led a terribly exciting life, just a normal kid who likes to bake and duel, and hates actual effort and work. You'll usually find him helping out at his dad's store or lazing around the streets of Heartland.
Number Holder Y/N: N, my schedule atm wouldn't allow it. xD
Deck of choice: Madolche
Sound good?

Everything is fine, welcome on board.

(Yes, my deck revolves around Rainbow Dragon, as I truly despise Xyz monsters.)

Name: Zander Helios

Appearance: Tall and strong. Has blond hair (he prefers to refer to it as a yellow topaz) and eyes the color of sapphires. He generally wears a ton of vibrant colors, his outfit changing almost by the day (including contact lenses that have varying colors by the day). He generally has an annoying strand of hair that falls over his eyes that he constantly blows on in order to place it back in its original place. He also wears an emerald ring and a ruby necklace, considering them his good luck charms.

Personality: Overall, a pompous young man. He's incredibly proud of his skills and considers himself to be quite the ladies' man, offering up spare jewelry as if he's worth a date in the first place. However, he gets incredibly sensitive when someone brings up his prized Crystal Beasts deck. He treats each monster as if it were his own child. He often interjects into conversations as if his opinion is really worth anything.

Backstory: Zander comes from an affluent area of Heartland, his father owning one of the largest food corporations within the town. Since his father abandoned his mother and took Zander with him at a young age, Zander ended up developing his father's misogynistic tendencies. Having nobody to split his money with, his father bought expensive things for Zander, awarding him with various jewels, and even his very own Crystal Beasts deck that he uses to this day. Perhaps his favorite piece of jewelry is his ruby necklace. He's considered it his good luck charm ever since an unfortunate event in the streets of Heartland. Making his way back to his father's penthouse, he was stopped by a malevolent man in a desperate search for money. When Zander refused, the man forced him into an alley way. Upon pinning him against a wall, the man swung his knife down towards Zander, where is was stopped by the rather adamant ruby. The man was shocked, giving Zander a few moments to throw the man off him and book it back to his place. When he got home, he realized the necklace was had not even the slightest chink, and took it as a sign that the jewel would be around with him for quite a while.

Number Holder Y/N: N

Deck of choice: Crystal Beasts

Well, the good old Rainbow Dragon build can still make use of some Xyz (They make it that much more consistent, specially Lavalval Chain). What I meant is merely that nowadays, people make decks that include like 3 or 4 beasts and focus on bringing out generic Xyz, while a -true- CB deck should run all 7 beasts and focus on bringing out Rainbow Dragon... So yeah, despise Xyz or not, do make use of those that benefit you, trust me on this one... It's all for the sake of bringing out Rainbow Dragon! I can lend you a hand actually, I should have a buil somewhere...

This being said, you are in too. Now I am really going to sleep.

I'm kind of inbetween on whether or not to join this. I'll try reading up on all that new stuff you guys are talking about beforehand. Though I will say seeing all those positive and laid back characters tempts me to play the a-hole jerk role again.