Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay: OOC/Signups [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

Tomas Elliot

Character Name: Setsuna Tsukimura
Appearance:

gc54i05.png

Personality: A fairly silent individual who is the type who doesn't approach people and would rather let people approach her. At the same time, she gives off a fairly demure aura. Whenever she is not sitting at her desk with a book in hand, she is usually seen in a garden or a location surrounded by flowers. Despite her mask of introversion, she is fairly friendly and sociable to anyone who approaches her. She just needs a little push.
Backstory: She was born into a family who was fairly well off. However, due to their jobs, she ended up spending a lot of time alone. Due to that, she ended up developing a sort of affection for flowers as she was around them a lot. As a result, she ended up becoming a part of the gardening club in the school and enjoys working at the flower store near her home. Prior to obtaining her Numbers, she played a Plant Princess-based deck. However, she started to construct a Dark World Deck shortly before obtaining her Numbers in order to play around with a new deck.
Number Holder Y/N: Yes (Kinda disappointed that No. 87: Queen of the Night is not an option. It would have been perfect for Setsuna, here)
Deck of choice: Numbers 53/92+Dark World
DN Nickname: SetsunaLily

Personality Test Results:
Strength (100%)
Justice (100%)
Death (96%)
The Hanged Man (91%)
The Sun (91%)

Edited by Hiss13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Kinda disappointed that No. 87: Queen of the Night is not an option. It would have been perfect for Setsuna, here)

Sorry, it's just that it didn't fit in any particular strategy or theme, so I felt Cain and Abel were better for plot-related Rank 1 Numbers... ;-;

Now I am REALLY goig to sleep. I swear. So when you are done with your test post the results, I'll see and address them tomorrow. Well actually later today, considering it's almost 4 AM here.

So I saw you mention that Machina monsters were alright, as long as you didn't mix them up with Cyber Dragons. . .

. . . Thing is, I built a deck (probably bad, but w/e) using just that, plus Ancient Gears. Give a quick look over my deck list and tell me if it needs to be changed. (Basically, I mixed in Machinas because they pair excellently with Ancient Gears; they are very quick to compensate for the slow Ancient Gears, and Cyber Dragons because of similar reasons, plus dragons.)

Ancient Gear Beast x 2

Ancient Gear Engineer x 3

Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon x 1

Ancient Gear Golem x 3

Ancient Gear Knight x 3

Ancient Gear Soldier x 2

Cyber Dragon x 2

Deskbot 001 x 2

Green Gadget x 2

Red Gadget x 2

Yellow Gadget x 2

Machina Cannon x 2

Machina Fortress x 3

Majestic Dragon x 1

Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode x 1

Stardust Phantom x 1

Ancient Gear Castle x 3

Ancient Gear Drill x 1

Ancient Gear Factory x 1

Ancient Gear Tank x 3

Ancient Gear Workshop x 2

Fusion Recovery x 1

Geartown x 1

Machina Armored Unit x 3

Mage Power x 3

Polymerization x 3

Assault Mode Activate x 1

Magic Cylinder x 2

Miracle Locus x 1

Sakuretsu Armor x 3

Extra Deck:

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x 3

Chimeratech Overdragon x 3

Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem x 3

Stardust Dragon x 1

Majestic Star Dragon x 1

Cyber Dragon Nova x 1

I would go for a protag, but I have little to no grasp of the newer mechanics like xyz and pendulum summoning.

Damnit, right when I was hoping to go to sleep, new posts that require immediate addressing force me to double-post...

WINX ARE POPULAR OUTSIDE ITALY?

That aside, Hermit was just taken, that leaves you with High Priestess as only option. That would be Rail Cannon: are you fine with using Trains? I guess it would fit your character's passion for mechanics... I can provide some help building a deck (tomorrow, for God's sake), or you can look up "Anna Kaboom" on Google, she's the one who uses them in the anime, so there should be plenty of pages about her deck around the web, it could be a beginning...

Sure, go right ahead.

Ill look into it...mabye there's another way to make 10

STILL... NOT... MANAGING... TO... GET... SOME... SLEEP...

Personality Test Results:
Strength (100%)
Justice (100%)
Death (96%)
The Hanged Man (91%)
The Sun (91%)

Your choices are Rhongomirant, Cain and Abel (what a coincidence), the Rank 2 fiend family, the Heart-eartH family and Shogi, in this order. Take your pick!

So I saw you mention that Machina monsters were alright, as long as you didn't mix them up with Cyber Dragons. . .

. . . Thing is, I built a deck (probably bad, but w/e) using just that, plus Ancient Gears. Give a quick look over my deck list and tell me if it needs to be changed. (Basically, I mixed in Machinas because they pair excellently with Ancient Gears; they are very quick to compensate for the slow Ancient Gears, and Cyber Dragons because of similar reasons, plus dragons.)

Ancient Gear Beast x 2
Ancient Gear Engineer x 3
Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon x 1
Ancient Gear Golem x 3
Ancient Gear Knight x 3
Ancient Gear Soldier x 2
Cyber Dragon x 2
Deskbot 001 x 2
Green Gadget x 2
Red Gadget x 2
Yellow Gadget x 2
Machina Cannon x 2
Machina Fortress x 3
Majestic Dragon x 1
Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode x 1
Stardust Phantom x 1
Ancient Gear Castle x 3
Ancient Gear Drill x 1
Ancient Gear Factory x 1
Ancient Gear Tank x 3
Ancient Gear Workshop x 2
Fusion Recovery x 1
Geartown x 1
Machina Armored Unit x 3
Mage Power x 3
Polymerization x 3
Assault Mode Activate x 1
Magic Cylinder x 2
Miracle Locus x 1
Sakuretsu Armor x 3

Extra Deck:
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x 3
Chimeratech Overdragon x 3
Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem x 3
Stardust Dragon x 1
Majestic Star Dragon x 1
Cyber Dragon Nova x 1

I would go for a protag, but I have little to no grasp of the newer mechanics like xyz and pendulum summoning.

The deck you posted is actually a mess, no offense :/
Here is the deal: you want a protagonist? Go for it. Try your luck with the test and see if the Number you get gives you some better idea. And while at it, research a bit about the new mechanics on the internet (Google is your friend). Tomorrow, after finally getting some sleep, I'll tell you what are your choices based on the results of your test, and I'll help you pick the ideal archetype for the Number you got, and build an ideal deck around it. And if after that you are still not the best duelist around... Who even cares, this roleplay is more about the interaction and not about the dueling anyway. Deal?

Ill look into it...mabye there's another way to make 10

Uh, no... Rail Cannon is Deck Locked, as the OP clearly states, so it's either you go with Trains or you accept to be a non-Number Holder (or, why not? Maybe a villain). I am sorry but rules about the whole personality test thing were clear...

Bleh. I was just going with cards I liked, rather than anything competitive. Nothing complex, just a sort of mechanical beatstick deck with some basic support.

Ancient Gears suck, and have sucked for a long time, but i still like them. I used to play but got sick of the metagame consisting of "spam searchers until you can special summon, then chain a bunch of special summons and wombo combo them without allowing them to play."

Name: Arial Longshire

Appearance: The closest I could come up with is this (If I can find the time, I can use a character maker to make her more accurate)
Personality: Tomboyish; she doesn't mind getting dirty if she has to, be it for sports or for fun. Since Arial has been around boys for most of her life, she would act more natural around the guys and tends to act like one too. She can come off as brash and loud, but she really does not mean any harm.
Backstory: Arial was born into a higher middle class family. Her parents run a small, but successful clothing brand that is tailored to the upper class. As such, her mother and father were often away from home, which leaves her with her three older brothers. So, whatever her older brothers do, she also does. One played soccer, Arial plays with him; one played video games, she got into it; when they all got into Duel Monsters, you could guess what she did next. Unlike her brothers, however, Arial remained hooked on Duel Monsters to this very day. And, while she did play with many archtypes, Arial finally settled on the Cyber Dragons after learning about the Truesdales from several online fanbases.
Number Holder Y/N: N
Deck of choice: (Pure) Cyber Dragon
Stuff in bold will be changed.
I prefer a Cyber Dragon deck, but I see Murdoc has a few Cyber Dragon cards in his deck? Is it okay for her to have Cyber Dragons as well?
As for protagonist, I said No because school is eating up my time, so I don't want a major role.
EDIT: Username is Dark_2_Light on DN

STILL... NOT... MANAGING... TO... GET... SOME... SLEEP...

Your choices are Rhongomirant, Cain and Abel (what a coincidence), the Rank 2 fiend family, the Heart-eartH family and Shogi, in this order. Take your pick!

I'll take the Heart-eartH family. That sounds like fun to use. I might need some help constructing a deck for them. Getting Cain and Abel was a hilarious coincidence. Now get to bed.

Edited by Hiss13

Glads have access to a Tuner to make Stardust? O.o

That aside, I wish you could expand on your personality/backstory a little bit. I know I said there was no need to make a masterpiece, but you are kinda stretching it: keep in mind that the more others know about your personality and backstory, the better chances there will be to develop relationships and interactions, so yeah, I am saying this in your own interest.

As for the "capable of using a Rank 3 or 4 Number" thing well, beat one of the various NPCs with generic Numbers you'll meet along the way, and their Number is all yours :P

Well, personally i use mist valley soldier because it's a level 4 tuner and delta flyer who is a level 3 tuner who can upgrade one monster's level other than itself by 1 once per turn. plus most glads are levels 3 and 4.

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh for about 12 years now, but damn, it's like you're all talking in a foreign language. Probably not going to join this one, but I'm intrigued so I might occasionally read through the chapters. The only concern I have is how you're going to handle important NPC battles with a system that might be more luck based (I ain't too sure because it's been 12 years which makes any of my info extremely outdated) than skill based.

So, your results are the Chronomaly family, Rhongomiant, the Heart-eartH family and the Rank 2 fiend family, in this order. Since you are the first to apply for a protagonist spot, you get the luxury of choosing. So, which will it be?

(If you are not very familiar with the cards and/or their related archetypes, feel free to check out the Wikia pages I linked in the OP, and/or to look them up on Google, before deciding).

Sorry I meant to put Rhongomiant >_<

If it's ok to go to Rhongomiant I would greatly appreciate it. Once again sorry for the confusion.

I though Rhongomiant was part of the Chronomaly so that's why I picked it. TBH that's why I piked Chronomaly.

Name: Arial Longshire

Appearance: The closest I could come up with is this (If I can find the time, I can use a character maker to make her more accurate)
Personality: Tomboyish; she doesn't mind getting dirty if she has to, be it for sports or for fun. Since Arial has been around boys for most of her life, she would act more natural around the guys and tends to act like one too. She can come off as brash and loud, but she really does not mean any harm.
Backstory: Arial was born into a higher middle class family. Her parents run a small, but successful clothing brand that is tailored to the upper class. As such, her mother and father were often away from home, which leaves her with her three older brothers. So, whatever her older brothers do, she also does. One played soccer, Arial plays with him; one played video games, she got into it; when they all got into Duel Monsters, you could guess what she did next. Unlike her brothers, however, Arial remained hooked on Duel Monsters to this very day. And, while she did play with many archtypes, Arial finally settled on the Cyber Dragons/Cyberdarks after learning about the Truesdales from several online fanbases.
Number Holder Y/N: N
Deck of choice: Cyber Dragon/Cyberdark
Stuff in bold will be changed.
I prefer a Cyber Dragon deck, but I see Murdoc has a few Cyber Dragon cards in his deck? Is it okay for her to have Cyber Dragons as well?
As for protagonist, I said No because school is eating up my time, so I don't want a major role.

A -pure- Cyber Dragon deck hasn't been done by anyone yet, so I suppose it would be ok. Cyberdarks are kinda complicated to play nowadays, so I would advice against them. So yeah, since the rest of your app is ok, I will officially welcome you to the roleplay as soon as you confirm your deck.

I'll take the Heart-eartH family. That sounds like fun to use. I might need some help constructing a deck for them. Getting Cain and Abel was a hilarious coincidence. Now get to bed.

The Heart-eartH family can be tricky to use, but there are a few decks that can pull them off (Vampires come to mind, I actually used to have a build for them). Contact me privately for more details.

For now, I'll edit the OP stating that the Heart-eartH family is taken...

Sorry I meant to put Rhongomiant >_<

If it's ok to go to Rhongomiant I would greatly appreciate it. Once again sorry for the confusion.

I though Rhongomiant was part of the Chronomaly so that's why I picked it. TBH that's why I piked Chronomaly.

Fortunately not many people have applied for protagonist, so it isn't really a problem, I'll just edit the OP. But please try and avoild pulling this kind of stuff in the future <.<

Incidentally, you are aware that Rhongomiant is Deck Locked, yes? You are fine with playing Heroics, yes?

If you need a hand building a deck for them, you know where to find me...

Test taken.

Contacting you privately.

Name: Minerva G.C.

Appearance: Hyperlinking is cool

Number Holder Y/N: no

Deck of choice: Ritual Beasts

[Dueling Network name: Hagiicaul]

Personality: Hungry, always hungry. Loves stake. Cold. Loves to tease others. Silly and Goofy. She believes in "Go huge, or go home" So in battle, she loves to make a big play when she feels safe about it. Somewhat knows how to be a spy. She is a really good cook. When she isn't dueling or cooking, she can be a bit clumsy

Backstory: Minerva was born under a family known for is famous spying background. However it really wasn't the path Minerva was interested in. She instead found herself to love food and cooking. So, she decided to learn how to cook. And she did it well. Her family was pleased that she made their meals everyday, and she got a ton of priase, even from some well-known people.

However, as much as her family enjoyed the food, they really didn't enjoy that she decided to persue a career in cooking. They tried to train her, by looking her many rooms, left with tools that she could use to escape if she had the proper training, which she never got. They even starved her multiple times. However its not like she didn't know some of the training her parents gave her. So she forcefully learned some basics to how to be a spy.

Because she did not like how they forced this training upon her, one day when she was cooking food for her family, she decided to poison the Chicken-Noodle Soup she was making them. So when she served it, she tried to hide her grim smile on her face as she munched onto some meat that she prepared for herself. And So she killed her family that day.

When she was robbing the place, looking for goods, she found some useful stuff that includes money and other important needs for living on your own, but she took her Father's Duel Monster deck. She didn't even know that he was into duel monsters. She kinda regret killing her father, but oh well, what can you do. Her father probably was trash to-

Anyhow, so she went to the City of Heartland, and she battled some people. She really didn't know what the hell she was doing but, somehow she won some card games. As she continued to grab an understanding for the game, she then knew what she slowly learned how her cards worked and well...with a full understanding of her deck, her she is now.

Edited by bote

Some important stuff I should have probably mentioned earlier:

1) While it is recommended, for the sake of organization, to have all your characters be students from the class Anna is in charge of (we need an excuse to have them all in the same place when a topic starts, don't we?), it is NOT mandatory, and as long as you have a valid reason to be inolved with the guys of said class, everything is fair play. Dunno, you could be a teacher, or a younger or older student, or stuff like that... I am saying this for the sake of realism: I mean the fact that all the Chosen Ones are classmates is too big of a coincidence without having all of the Judges also be their classmates...

2) STAY AWAY FROM RUM CARDS. Really, this is important: pretend that Chaos Evolution and Ranking Up in general do not exist. These are features that shall be introduced later, and the act of introducing them will actually be a major plot point. So please, for now just pretend the whole thing does not exist.

I don't really use a stardust deck, so that is open. Stardust dragon is my ace and my favorite card plus it covers some stuff that gladiator beast heraklinos and legendary six samurai shi-en can't cover. i can also use a six samurai deck.

shit ignore this

ignoring.

I don't really use a stardust deck, so that is open. Stardust dragon is my ace and my favorite card plus it covers some stuff that gladiator beast heraklinos and legendary six samurai shi-en can't cover. i can also use a six samurai deck.

ignoring.

It's EITHER glads OR Six Sams. One archetype per person like in the anime, so please make up your mind now.

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh for about 12 years now, but damn, it's like you're all talking in a foreign language.

My feels exactly. I don't even know now where to start picking a deck... Maybe I should just pick a protagonist and hope it's a locked deck xD

@Commander and Chim: You always start with what cards you like and we could throw out some suggestions based around it.

@Tomas: Edited my app to pure Cyber Dragon deck~ I recently looked at the new Cyber Dragon monsters and they got me curious (particularly cyber dragon core). It makes me want to buy them when I said I won't be touching yugioh again... F***

My feels exactly. I don't even know now where to start picking a deck... Maybe I should just pick a protagonist and hope it's a locked deck xD

That's probably the best course of action. Pick a protagonist, and then, locked or not, I'll help you build the best deck you can around the Numbers you got. I mean, making a deck from scratch is easier if you at least know which boss(es) you want to summon! Better than having no idea at all, at least...

EDIT: when I say "pick", I mean of course "try your luck with the test".

@Commander and Chim: You always start with what cards you like and we could throw out some suggestions based around it.

@Tomas: Edited my app to pure Cyber Dragon deck~ I recently looked at the new Cyber Dragon monsters and they got me curious (particularly cyber dragon core). It makes me want to buy them when I said I won't be touching yugioh again... F***

Good. You need help with those, you know where to find me :)

Edited by Tomas Elliot

That's probably the best course of action. Pick a protagonist, and then, locked or not, I'll help you build the best deck you can around the Numbers you got. I mean, making a deck from scratch is easier if you at least know which boss(es) you want to summon! Better than having no idea at all, at least...

EDIT: when I say "pick", I mean of course "try your luck with the test".

Good. You need help with those, you know where to find me :)

I did the test with the character I have in mind and I had this:

The Hangman 100%

The World 90%

Edit: Justice and Temperance at 88 if that counts.