Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay: OOC/Signups [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

Tomas Elliot

• Support Squad

Talis, any action that occurs in the RP is based on your decisions. Whilst I would like to not see interest die out I'm not going to compromise the mechanics just to bring back interest. Until later on, having a numbers card holder approach you guys as the aggressor will be rare, you're kids after al, who think you're dangerous?

Point is, I decided a while ago that this RP is fail-able. You can all fall into a position where you can't duel your way out of and if that happens to all of you, it's a fail. If interest dies out, that's a fail too. The project will simply have to be retried later on, perhaps the events of this RP will have an effect on the next, who know?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Remember people, you have to post again when your PC arrives at their destination. Please also try to label those actions as important as well.

• Support Squad

You can just say that it's an alleyway on the outskirts of town with the standard appearance of such places. Dark, dirty, rundown.

Just a heads up, I know I said I would get back in RP'ing after my exams, but I really don't have the motivation to roleplay as much as a used to. Call it writer's block or just plain ADD, but I'm having more fun breeding competitive Pokes and doing other things nowadays. So, I want to say sorry for my lack of activity here.

• Support Squad

No, it's actually prompting me to ask something myself.

Is there an issue with my writing? Is there just not enough interest in this RP anymore? I didn't expect us to get off to a great start after the rocky transition between hosts but the drop in interest in this from what it was has been so severe that it's been worrying me for some time. Is it worth carrying on right now? If not I can explain what my plan was for the first few number holders. I won't divulge the over arching story though in case tomas wants to reboot this when he has time, it was his project after all.

@Dobby: I think it's just that a lot of people are just getting out of exams and graduation, the later for myself. Though I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure that's the main reason.

• Support Squad

@Dobby: I think it's just that a lot of people are just getting out of exams and graduation, the later for myself. Though I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure that's the main reason.

I know that exams are a factor for some people and I'm conscious of that. Even so, it still feels ike interest is dwindling and that worries me

I apologize for dropping this on you in what was probably the most unfortunate period for a roleplay: exams, summer coming (people probably prefer to go out than roleplay if they have free time), Ep 15 coming out... It was a mistake on my part to start such an ambitious, long-term roleplay in late spring, I should have known better, and then all the crapstorm in my life happened (and it is still happening to an extent, just ask the Se7en guys how active I am in the project compared to, say, Nova) and I had to drop everything on you, I confess that I feel bad about it because now you are getting the worst of a situation that wasn't your fault to begin with.

This being said, if you want to suspend or shut down the roleplay, then have a seat with me and plan a great revival return for september, that's fine by me. On the other hand, if you want to reveal some juicy aspects to motivate people and give them the right spark, in order to try and carry on, that's fine by me too. I have already caused enough problems to you, the last thing I wanna do now is causing further problems by veto-ing your decisions.

EDIT: the point I am trying to make is, there's nothing wrong with the way you write IMO. You are just paying the price of my own mistakes, with a side of unfortunate circumstances.

No, it's actually prompting me to ask something myself.

Is there an issue with my writing? Is there just not enough interest in this RP anymore? I didn't expect us to get off to a great start after the rocky transition between hosts but the drop in interest in this from what it was has been so severe that it's been worrying me for some time. Is it worth carrying on right now? If not I can explain what my plan was for the first few number holders. I won't divulge the over arching story though in case tomas wants to reboot this when he has time, it was his project after all.

Dobby, it has nothing to do with your writing at all. In my case, I have been slowly losing interest in roleplaying in general due to a combination of writer's block and other interests that distracted me. Despite my inactivity, I do read the ICs to try and find my motivation again. It's just not happening yet.

Dobby, it has nothing to do with your writing at all. In my case, I have been slowly losing interest in roleplaying in general due to a combination of writer's block and other interests that distracted me. Despite my inactivity, I do read the ICs to try and find my motivation again. It's just not happening yet.

I'm kind of on the same level. Maybe it was just the time the RP started that I couldn't hold on long. I even started a couple others to see if I could reignite some creativity but it didn't work out.

In which case I might just voice my agreement with one of Tomas's suggestions; to hold it. I'm not saying this out of selfishness or anything, but looking around I do see a general trend of it. I understand that there are still committed people, but just those people being a part of it would require a lot of NPCs to fill in the necessary card holders and way more work for the host in that regard. Plus, it wouldn't go with the ambitious spirit that was intended, I think, to continue it with only a few dedicated people.

• Support Squad

I've been thinking and I've talked with Tomas Elliot and I think a pause on the RP, as should have happened before I took over really, would be best. Then later, when things are better for everyone and the project is fine tuned we can restart it and give it another go.

I'm sorry I couldn't hold interest everybody. I failed to do what I came on board to do and that's my fault.

Don't be too hard on yourself Dobby. As I told you privately, we can always have a seat, reorganize our ideas, polish all things that we realized don't work in this format, and give it another shot as co-hosts come september. If we learn from this failure it won't be a failure anymore!

Perhaps a pause would be best for the RP. It only seems like a few of us are actually doing something at this point (I know I haven't posted in a few days) compared to everyone that signed up. I'd like to stay on board with this RP even with a pause or not.

@Dobby: Nothing's really wrong with your writing at all. I know I pointed out the interest level being lower not too long ago, but it's rather a mix of people being busy, E15 on reborn being released, summer's around the corner for some, and a lot of other things. From past experience hosting RPs on other forums I've been on, when there are only a few people really involved it's best to take a seat and take a break.

Perhaps after awhile, if the group is struggling to move on don't be afraid to throw us a bone. There doesn't have to be failure right no, but a possible revival with a renewed sense on approaching the RP later. If you don't mind me suggesting, perhaps you should let us know when you can do updates or create a schedule for updates. I don't know how others feel about a scheduled system for updates, but I prefer it whenever possible.

• Support Squad

I actually tried to throw you guys a bone but I really couldn't without stretching things even more than I did with the briefly appearing Dorian. Seeing as this really won't be picked up again at this point I'm going to Divulge the behind the scenes for the 2 Number holders I had for you to try and find, or in Dorians case face.

So, Number Holder number 1:

Dorian, the man who kidnapped Monika. Honestly, he was an on the spot invention to punish Cyaloom for taking the obvious path of returning to a dark alleyway even without any kind of help. You just don't do that when you KNOW there's a murderer on the loose. Then when Cyaloom didn't challenge him to a duel nigh immediately like I expected him to I had to think of something, Dorian had to have had a plan. So I chose to use him to try and egg on a more aggressive approach for the students and bring in some action that Talis noted the RP was lacking, though too aggressive in Vinces case with the Meta gaming issue we resolved. He would have used a deck using the Number card Crime and would have proved quite easy to beat, seeing as Crime tends to go hand in hand with the number card Punishment to my understanding. I would have provided half of a power duo to the person who won without handing them the powerhouse set right off the bat, even if the deck may not be top tier.

The next number holder was entirely behind the scenes, though you got quite close to finding Number holder 2.

See, as Omega found out, Charles had been seen lookng quite haggard. The man was involved in some serious crap right from the beginning, it was only a matter of time before his life was taken. Presumably at the beach that he had been heading to. If you had spoken you would have come to the conclusion that Charles had been killed in a duel. However, this was not the case. A poor samaritan who witnessed the fight gave their life to save Charles. This was my attempt at a little trickery, t allow you to come to your own conclusionsand then bring in a surprise twist.You would have found Charles this topic if you had visited his House or a little later the Pub as he drowns his sorrows in drink as he is still being hunted by Number Holder 2. You would have heard the tale from the drunk Charles and given the option to fight in his stead.

So there you go, I hope that gives some closure to those two at least as to what you could do. I was struggling to come up with two more number holders as planned to be honest, It's hard to come up with schemes like this. And these were fairly simple ones all in all.