• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're getting back on the 'OMG PERCENTAGE HYPE' again. We were doing better for a while, but if this is what you guys continue to do then I'll make a case to Amethyst in the future to just lock the thread from the get go because truthfully it's along the lines of Unnecessary Posting.

Talking about 9% in story, when we will get teaser images? Probably when story is about 50% done but I want to be sure.

The story is the easiest part for Ame to complete. Because basically, it's already complete.

She could totally post in the screenshots thread and bring that back... or not.

We're getting back on the 'OMG PERCENTAGE HYPE' again. We were doing better for a while, but if this is what you guys continue to do then I'll make a case to Amethyst in the future to just lock the thread from the get go because truthfully it's along the lines of Unnecessary Posting.

This did not work as intended. Yeah, i'll have to support this.

Or move it to the Wasteland, the way it's going...

maybe u can post a possible release date that will stop the "OMG percentage hype"

just saying ^_^

i don't think that will work as its highly likely that people will get angry if its not out on that date, peoples perception you know, tho its a good idea and id support it i just don't think it will work in principle

Edited by sandy

maybe u can post a possible release date that will stop the "OMG percentage hype"

just saying ^_^

There's so many factors that even at this point make it completely unpredictable, should something not go as planned people will whine and complain if there's a release date that gets pushed back. Perhaps not everyone, but even if they don't vocalize it, they'd still be disappointed or upset.

Well, if you ask for some more meaningful posting, I have a proposition. About the game, not the thread.

Why not give us TM94 Secret Power?

The game is at ORAS content now, the HMs have been mad into TM variants, and Secret Power is back at No94, currently rock Smash. Would it be too complicated to change Rock Smash to TMX 6 (its oras number is HM6), and handle the ensuing domino effect by renumbering the TMXs after 6?

It's a move that almost every Pokemon learns. Its base power isn't too strong to be a game breaker. I mean, we get Shadow Ball after the 5th gym battle. The secondary effects make Secret Power an interesting option to use with all the field effects, just enough to make some players use it for sheer tactical reasons.

And the different side effects per field is something you have already coded, and there's only one Pokemon that can learn the move by level up, the ellusive and not used at all Audino. So, they're practically unexploited. Giving us the TM would actually reward you the trouble you had implementing those side effects for a move that we couldn't use.

So, what about giving us Secret Power? :)

(also give Smack Down to Samsons Conkeldurr, if outsped and Bounced, that thing is defenseless)

a bit off topic now but, i understand that changing a certain number of hm's to tmx's maybe too hard but whats the reason behind not giving us secret power?, it's basically the equivalent of having a move like sleep power or strength for example dependent on your environment, so unless i,m missing something its not actually that good, tho saying that OR/AS doesn't have many of the fields reborn has

Edited by sandy

Also bit off-topic, but about the (new?) murkwater field: gound-moves always fail + some ground moves deal add. water/poison damage and increase 1,5x in power = me confused.
Also wondering what those elusive 1% could be in scripting and event updates...

Edited by laggless01

• Support Squad

Also bit off-topic, but about the (new?) murkwater field: gound-moves always fail + some ground moves deal add. water/poison damage and increase 1,5x in power = me confused.

Ask in the actual announcement thread bud

I really hope Ame has a backup of all this work in physical form in case something happens to all the documentation that each of the staff has in case some strange Anti-miracle fucks us all over.

We are already in the process of discussing the validity of the current format, in fact.

just saying ^_^

Then we'd have "date hype" and complaints if the date was blown. We can't predict the date accurately, while the progress bar can display accurately how far we are in. Unnecessary comments, however, are easier to remove.

Some last little treat I'll get around to adding in soon.

whats intriguing is what the last 7% of the new field effects could be as i thought that section is complete when ame makes the announcement post about them and what the last percent of the scripting is for

Edited by sandy

just saying ^_^

As many have said, there is no way to select a date for this. There are many factors that add up into this, not only with the creation process, but external factors that can affect the developers' ability to make progress. In addition, depending on how stable it is upon entering the beta period, one can't predict how long it would remain in the beta period.

Speaking of beta period, might I suggest that next time, Ame adds a seperate status bar for "Beta Testing"? Because it doesn't matter how much anyone explains it beforehand, we WILL have people asking why it's not out yet when the status thingy says 100%.

I feel I am being charged here for addressing the increased percentage in the story category, as it is basically the last part of the episode to be implemented. However there is not much else to be discussed here, apart from little things that people sporadically mention, and even those discussions do not last more than half a day. Speculation is already in other threads. If you lock this thread to avoid the %-hype, another will open, where people will do the same thing, I'm afraid. At least now this hype train is often derailed by suggestions for things to be implemented in the future, or -sadly- discussions around the hype, without directly addressing it. It has been some time since the previous content release and people have run out of ideas of scenarios to discuss. I am surprised people have not started roleplaying... yet.

Speaking of beta period, might I suggest that next time, Ame adds a seperate status bar for "Beta Testing"? Because it doesn't matter how much anyone explains it beforehand, we WILL have people asking why it's not out yet when the status thingy says 100%.

That seems difficult to measure in my opinion. We have let people know that the beta period has begun before. No one can know when it's nearing closer to the end, as the amount of bugs, issues, or necessary changes aren't set in stone. The reason the bars worked so well for the creation is because there is a specific goal in mind that would not possibly change.

That seems difficult to measure in my opinion. We have let people know that the beta period has begun before. No one can know when it's nearing closer to the end, as the amount of bugs, issues, or necessary changes aren't set in stone. The reason the bars worked so well for the creation is because there is a specific goal in mind that would not possibly change.

It doesn't need to ever move, though. It could be like the mapping was here, goes all the way up to 100% at once when it's done. If not that, then there needs to be at least some way to make it clear to everyone that 100% doesn't mean it's ready to be released.

I mean, I feel like we made it clear that at 100% the beta period will begin. And when that is finished, it's going to be released very shortly after, so there really isn't a need for it. If necessary, an edit can be made to the OP to clarify this.

• Administrators

The game is at ORAS content now, the HMs have been mad into TM variants, and Secret Power is back at No94, currently rock Smash.

So, what about giving us Secret Power? :)

Yeah, we were still on XY TMs before. This change has already been made and Secret Power is available now.

Those attacks don't deal -additional- water/poison damage; they become water/poison type. so they're not ground on that field in the first place, and as such, don't fail.

The last percent in scripting is just a single item bug we'd like to get resolved.

The last percent in event updates is something I'm waiting on one of the others to complete before I add.

whats intriguing is what the last 7% of the new field effects could be

As I said, that's just documentation. Which I'm also waiting on.

Speaking of beta period, might I suggest that next time, Ame adds a seperate status bar for "Beta Testing"?

As a general rule, I hold betas to a one-week minimum + additional time if it seems like it's particularly unstable/something is proving problematic to fix. It's not so much of an are-we-there-yet thing as to deserve a progress bar, because I don't have a set amount of progress that needs to be reached.

This first part of the story %, as mentioned in the other topic, has been making graphics relevant to the story, But after noticing how terribly outdated some characters' graphics, are, I've just been redoing a handful of them. Titania is one such example, since her two previously existing sprites were kind of two different time-frames for her, and the game is a mid-point between them.

HdjLdmi.png

That said, there's also a couple different time frames at play within the graphics, but a smaller scale (in other words, it's not an oversight that she doesn't have the armor on for her back sprite, before anyone thinks so).

• Veterans

........We get to Battle alongside Titania....

-Me clears his Schedule-

SCREW EVERYTHING,THIS IS TOTALLY WORTH ALL THE WAITING!

I really like Titania so I'll enjoy this a lot aswell as all the new mons being available,along with presumably Dratini and Sneasel.