Video game music

Another Felix

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just simply love Crash Twinsanity's soundtrack. It was made a capella by the group Spiralmouth, this means that every song is just made with voices.

I will later post some of my favorite ones, but the ost in itself is amazing.

Wihout a doubt the most beloved video game soundtrack is the main theme of the LJN Video Art. All analog TVs are now exclusively dedicated to broadcast it.

(In case you didn't get the joke, that crap knockoff of Paint uses static as the background music, no really)

Edited by SJMistery

Alex's Theme - Street Fighter V

Naru, Embracing the Light - Ori and the Blind Forest

Prelude to Final Fantasy XIII - Final Fantasy XIII

Mournweald Encounter - Darkest Dungeon

Hopes and Dreams Piano Cover - Undertale (I usually don't really like covers of video game music, but this one is an exception)

Edited by DiLimiter

• 1 month later...

I'm probably unoriginal in what I like, but here.

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

Ministry - Bloodlines
Tiamat - Cain
Chiasm - Isolated
Disturbed and Twisted
Vesuvius

now go watch this video because I'm trash and want to talk about my infatuation with this game with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FU6JTZhMS8

Final Fantasy VII

Those Who Fight
One-Winged Angel

Legend of Zelda

Link to The Past

The Dark World

Ocarina of Time

Gerudo Valley
Song of Storms

Wind Waker

Title Screen
Outset Island
Windfall Island

Twilight Princess

Zant's Theme
Aeralfos
Sacred Grove
Ganondorf

Skyward Sword

Ghirahim's Theme

Hyrule Warriors

Eclispe of the World (Guitar Version)

All Iterations

Hyrule Field
Zelda's Lullaby

Dishonored

Honor For All

Undertale I know I'm trash

Ghost Fight (Spook Tune)
Death By Glamour
Spider Dance
Megalovaina
Bonetrousle/NEHEHEHEHE!
His Theme
Spear of Justic
Battle Against a True Hero
Temmie Village
Bergentrückung/ASGORE

Elder Scrolls

Morrowind

Nerevar Rising
Bright Spears, Dark Blood
Dance of Swords
Drumbeat of the Drummer

Oblivion

Reign of the Septims
Through the Valley
Glory of Cryodil
Bloody Blades
Bloodlust
Churl's Revenge

Skyrim

The Dragonborn Comes
Dragonsreach
Steel on Steel
Around the Fire
Sovngaarde (those killer drums)
A Chance Metting

For Blood, For Glory, For Honor
Imperial Legion
They Did Not Die In Vain
Horizons of Cryrodil
North Point Nocture

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hard to believe no one mentionned Mass Effect. I must have played the full trilogy almost 10 times and most of the musics are beautiful

Just a few of them, but there are so many beautiful musics in this game

Dragon Age has some good musics too, but the best is the main title

The Witcher 3

Kind of hypnotic this one:

And my favorite one from Deus Ex: Human Revolution

An orchestral version, even better than the original:

I almost cry when I hear that one

And the main title of the original Deus Ex, getting old but still beautiful:

EDIT: another game I should add: Guild Wars. Many beautiful musics there too, here's the main theme:

Edited by Imperial

My favorite VGM songs by far right now are

Miror B theme (Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness)
Midna's Lament (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD)
Gaur Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles) Especially the smooth McGroove version

• 3 weeks later...

Big PMD fanboy incoming, that series is by far my favorite game series ever so it'd make sense for a lot of my favorite VGM to come from that series too.

First up of course we have the PMD list.

And then there's this game which I like pretty much all music from.

I don't actually know how to make the videos appear so you can just click on them intead of the links, so if anyone could tell me how to do that, that'd be great ;)

So, the newest Paper Mario game came out just 3 days ago (Officially that is) and as is expected of the series, the music is mostly stellar, especially the boss themes. I can rank the boss themes in order from worst to best right here (This is an opinion btw I'm not definitively saying which is or isn't best/worst). And if it wasn't apparent by when the game was released and the spoiler tag, there are spoilers in here.

Definitely my least favorite is Morton's theme. Being the first boss, I was expecting something kind of epic that would get me hyped to be fighting the first boss in the game, but this theme just wasn't that. It's funny because his battle is also my least favorite. Too bad for him :[

Next up is Ludwig. His theme is alright and it does some things right, but it's just a little too slow for me. It also doesn't seem as loud as it should be with the kind of instruments it's got in its arsenal, but you've gotta take the good with the bad I guess. His battle was pretty fun though.

Now don't get me wrong, I fucking loved the smorg battle of TTYD, it being set on top of a train only made it hella better. This one is just kind of... odd though. The train elements are only really used right at the beginning of the song and yet the train is a pivotal part of the boss battle. Smorg's battle didn't use the train as the focus of its battle, but it did fine because it was a fearsome foe holding hostages on top of the train and the music really gave off a sense of a danger. This one though only really hits the right note at the beginning, but it places higher than Ludwig because my god was this a fun battle.

This one only ranks above the others because of how god damn good the music is. Iggy isn't really the most fun boss, but his theme is so damn good for the setting and it was just pleasing. This was the kind of music I wanted to hear from the first battles of this game and this battle delivered it... Doesn't mean the battle itself was that great though.

Being the penultimate boss of the game, Roy needed to have a good theme, and my god he does. It's crazy, it's fast and it's all over the place, but the real best part of the theme comes from the gimmick of the battle. Roy will steal all of your paint turn 1 and will proceed to hit you with your own paint. The color he hits you with will result in a change of music, blue makes it sad, red makes it faster, yellow a catchy tune, etc. It's a fun, fast paced battle and the music really helps amplify this.

AAAAAAAH! Pirate music is fucking fantastic and if you disagree you'll have to walk the plank. This battle was a fucking blast too. I happen to enjoy rhythm based battles and this just so happens to be one up until the final moments of the battle. It's so fantastic and fast-paced and the beginning AAAAAH! What a wonderful piece of music, it really got me hyped to hear the second half of the games music. What a great note to end the first half of the game (boss-wise) on.

You know what I like more than pirate-esque music though. This. HOLY FUCK. The opening to this battle, the circus setting, the battle gimmick, the level before it, the way to win and the fast-paced music. MMMMMmmmmmMMMM. Christ it just got everything right. Really fitting that such a spectacular boss theme is what they play just before you hit the final area of the game. and the horn, OMFL Horns and xylophones and violins and AAAAAHHHHHH. They used so many of my favorite instruments and it's so catchy and I love it. Definitely my favorite boss and boss theme.

I won't be dropping the final boss theme, but I would place it right about between Iggy and Roy (Phase 1) then shift it to between Roy and Wendy (Phase 2).

This game was honestly much more fun than I expected it to be and it was a blast listening to all the music in the game too. Really glad to see Nintendo improving a concept that was poorly executed in its first installment (sticker star cough).