Fire Emblem Deminian Knights [Interest Check]

Commander

Hi there folks, the name's Commander. You may see me float around on the site, but I tend to stick around in the roleplay. Right here I have a roleplay and kind of want to see everyone's thoughts on it.

For those of you new to the series or don't really now much about it, here's a good video I found that details all of the added content in Fire Emblem over the years. Hopefully that'll give some of the newer fans insight on Fire Emblem mechanics.

Story

Deep in the Kingdom of Annea, a massive war has broken out against the Onshia Empire. The Mad King gave his men orders to slaughter every last Annean or face his wrath. The war had been going on for almost a month and things were looking grim for Anneans.

The Senate formed a pact decreeing for the armies to immediately train new recruits for battle. While there was dispute among the army, some of the high ranking members stepped down from the front lines and scattered about. One such man was General Virgil who ventured down south to the town of Deminbriar. That is where out story begins…

Now that I have all that out of the way, I can get to the fun part. While I am keeping a vast amount of fire emblem elements in, I tinkered around with it a bit trying to make this work better for a roleplay. I'll mostly just cover the significant changes.

Battles

Instead of going with calcs and an RNG, I decided to go on a different road. Battles are divided up into two group which I call Free-for-all and Critical Moments. Free-for-all is basically when I let you control the fight however you feel like it, but I prefer if you mix it up a bit. Critical Moments are a bit more serious. Unlike the former, I control the enemy units in quick battle. It's best to proceed through these with caution because one small slip could be fatal.

Bosses

In the games, bosses were units who were just merely stronger units. Things are a bit different here. Unlike a majority of those bosses, these guys are tough, unfair, and sometimes downright brutal. Each boss has at least one special trick or trait that no other enemy has. This could be just about anything, some including armor that cannot be pierced. The only way to take down these foes is through both wit and teamwork.

Classes

The following list is just a rough draft of the base classes that'd be used for Sign-Ups. This is not all of the classes

Lord (Host Only)

Typically a leader of an army serving a role similar to a king in chess. These powerful men often rank in higher class such as nobles and royalty. Usually, they only skilled enough to wield a sword.

Tactician (Host/Co-Host Only)

The main planner of the group. They hold the vital role of building strategies and a mastery in the game of tactics. Some of them wield swords only, others just tombs, but they can also carry both.

Soldier

Lance wielding infantry who are light on their feet. While they have pitiful attack and defense, they more than make up for it with their abilities to dodge lethal blows and puncture their enemies multiple times.

Fighter

The Axe wielding users with unbelievable power. They have a bit of bulk and speed to back up their power, but be weary. They can only take so many hits.

Myrmidon

The deadly sword wielder. Anyone who faces them will fall victim to them in seconds. They sacrifice armor for their speed. Even the slightest hit is fatal to these units.

Mercenary

Like the Lords, these units specialize in swords. They are well rounded soldiers who are always ready to battle. Just be careful around those mages.

Knight

Heavy armored spear wielders who have nearly impenetrable defenses. These tanks are slow walls, but only magic attacks do damage to them.

Archer

These bow wielding users are great for long ranged combat. Unlike the games, they don't stand around when someone is hitting nearby, but there defenses are still paper thin due to not wearing armor.

Thief

These Knife wielders have the ability to steal from enemies with ease. While they have weak defenses, they can dodge many attacks and don't fear close or far ranged combat. Just be careful not to be gained up on.

Mage

The magic wielding users who can wield Wind, Fire, or Thunder tomes (random book things). Their magic is quite powerful and a threat to many different types of units, but they are quite frail. A couple of attacks and they're down for good.

Priest

The main healer of the group who uses staff to tend to their allies' injuries. These frail units never see the front lines, but their role is always important. Healing isn't all they can do. Should an ally fall in danger they can wield a rod that'll teleport them to their side.

Dancer/Bard

Just a few quick notes: Thieves also have the ability to steal weapons and items off of enemies, but I'll go into details on that later.

While I'm unsure whether or not to include the Dance or Bard Classes, I do have designs for them. Dancer can wield swords and will have unique dances that can be used to assist Ally Units, while Bards will be able to wield Bows and have Songs that can effect enemy units. The weapons are merely for self defense as these units are not meant to see the action of war

Calvary

As you may have noted, all the above units are foot soldiers. I did the intentionally as almost every class has a secondary class they can choose between after a certain point. One example would be a Soldier can become a Lance Knight. Each path has pros and cons to it, but neither one is better than the other.

Sorry if it's mostly just game mechanics, but I've been focusing more on that compared to the overall story (which isn't going to be anything outside of typical Fire Emblem). Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Upgrading your Weapon

Throughout the roleplay, shops will be accessible to buy better equipment. This can be anything from a better sword, a far ranged weapon such as a javelin, and even being able to buy healing items such a Vulnerably. You have a limited amount of gold given to you buy the "lord" so choose carefully. (I'll give you a brief of what you can buy whenever we reach one). There is also another nice feature they have. Should your weapon carry cracks or rust, they can fix or replace it for a small price.

Promoting Your Unit

If you played the games, you may know what a Master Seal is already. Master Seal is a special item that let's you promote your unit up to a more powerful one. Master Seals exist in the roleplay, but they aren't called that. Each class has a special seal that let's them promote to the next class. To find one, you must show a mastery in ones own category by impressing a certain person. I'll go into more detail when one of these pops up in the Roleplay.

It is a very solid idea, and I am sure people will join up on the premise of it being a FE RP. The ideas sound interesting, but be sure you have a way of keeping track of how and when PCs "class" up. It is just one thing I ask you know how you are handling beforehand, and players may wish to know.

I am sure you will go into more detail if there is interest, and also may add some later as you said you were writing this up very late. Either way, I look forward to seeing it, even if I don't join myself.

I'd like to join myself, but Dancers are SOOOOOOO not support =/ Let me multiclass to Myrmidon and I'll show what a dancer can do =/

As far wether to pick dancers or bards: why not both? You pretty much already made them different with the buff vs debuffs swords vs bows.

And another question, who will actually play the Lord and Tactician classes? These are meant for more main characters with some actual impact on the army. I also don't want to see like five lords =/

And shall we see classes from other series?

Danke shonen and consider me interested.

If that is the case with Lord/Tactician in the games ((listen... I haven't ever gotten a chance to play one alright? SO I really wouldn't know lol.)), i don't suggest them for PC availability. It sounds a bit Sue-ish in regards to a RP lol.

They should probably be reserved for an NPC or 2 that are within the RP if you would want them to be around. ((I just don;t like the idea of a class that was regulated to Main Characters being a PC class, it kinda cheapens what it stands for in the games if just anybody can be those classes.))

If that is the case with Lord/Tactician in the games ((listen... I haven't ever gotten a chance to play one alright? SO I really wouldn't know lol.)), i don't suggest them for PC availability. It sounds a bit Sue-ish in regards to a RP lol.

They should probably be reserved for an NPC or 2 that are within the RP if you would want them to be around. ((I just don;t like the idea of a class that was regulated to Main Characters being a PC class, it kinda cheapens what it stands for in the games if just anybody can be those classes.))

Well Lord is almost always reserved for the main character. If not, they get a similar class that basically is the same. I think as long as they are limited to one each and they are hand picked by Commander. The Lord is automatically the general of the army, and Tactician is exactly what it sounds like. Both are based around empowering their troops and taking the lead so Commander has to make sure the right person is playing either.

And before Commander says "BUT LUCINA AND MORGAN ARE ALSO THOSE CLASSES" yeah but we don't want like 5 lords and 5 Tacticians =/

Side note: Add some Laguz and I'll love this RP for ever.

Yea, I see I see. ((sorry really haven't played any of the games... really should though.))

If they are relegated to players, they beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetter be good RPers though. Sounds like a bit of a tall order RPwise. But, it is up to Commander at the end of the day lol. ((and it is best to figure out all this junk before the RP starts so, might as well talk it out now lol.))

True, true. There are also a few stuff I think Commander will have to figure out. For example: there are a lot of gender restrictions in classes. There are no male Pegasus Riders and no female Barbarians. And will the bonus classes (Bride, Demon Fighter) be exclusive or special? Or just not be able to be picked at all?

(I am also guessing your basing the RP around Awakening)

I would love to do this. Fire emblem has recently become one of my favorite series, so I'd be very interested in this RP (my first one btw). If possible I'd like to be a Mercenary or knight

Edited by Pyrrhon

RP Sensei much happy at all the new people.

But yea, might actually try it out. Fire Emblem lore-wise doesn't look too hard to understand even if I never played one of the games, I am sure I can give this a shot.

I mean lore will depend on what universe Commander choses. I think it's Awakening, so all that's really important are the two dragons, the fire emblem, and the history of the countries if that comes into play. And all that is basically white dragon is good black dragons are bad. Fire Emblem is stronk.

Before I respond to any of your questions, my mouth dropped when I opened this up. All of these responses make me both super excited and super terrified at the same time. I was only expecting one or two responses by now.

It is a very solid idea, and I am sure people will join up on the premise of it being a FE RP. The ideas sound interesting, but be sure you have a way of keeping track of how and when PCs "class" up. It is just one thing I ask you know how you are handling beforehand, and players may wish to know.

I am sure you will go into more detail if there is interest, and also may add some later as you said you were writing this up very late. Either way, I look forward to seeing it, even if I don't join myself.

Class promotions are kind of hard to explain. You can get some of them early based on your performance on critical moments. There are certain points when they become more available to everyone.

I'd like to join myself, but Dancers are SOOOOOOO not support =/ Let me multiclass to Myrmidon and I'll show what a dancer can do =/

As far wether to pick dancers or bards: why not both? You pretty much already made them different with the buff vs debuffs swords vs bows.

And another question, who will actually play the Lord and Tactician classes? These are meant for more main characters with some actual impact on the army. I also don't want to see like five lords =/

And shall we see classes from other series?

Danke shonen and consider me interested.

No, the lord isn't an available class for PC (he's kind of like my PC). Mercenary plays a similar role in terms of stats so it's not like you're missing out. Tactician is another story, but one only as well. I added that class in for a Co-host in case I needed one (which I likely will).

Well Lord is almost always reserved for the main character. If not, they get a similar class that basically is the same. I think as long as they are limited to one each and they are hand picked by Commander. The Lord is automatically the general of the army, and Tactician is exactly what it sounds like. Both are based around empowering their troops and taking the lead so Commander has to make sure the right person is playing either.

And before Commander says "BUT LUCINA AND MORGAN ARE ALSO THOSE CLASSES" yeah but we don't want like 5 lords and 5 Tacticians =/

Side note: Add some Laguz and I'll love this RP for ever.

I decided to make the lord not as important as in other games, but he does play a role in the plot. As for Laguz, not in the first arc, but it's something I've considered implementing many times.

True, true. There are also a few stuff I think Commander will have to figure out. For example: there are a lot of gender restrictions in classes. There are no male Pegasus Riders and no female Barbarians. And will the bonus classes (Bride, Demon Fighter) be exclusive or special? Or just not be able to be picked at all?

(I am also guessing your basing the RP around Awakening)

Yes, classes are gender restricted, but I likely won't be implementng those DLC classes (there's like 40 options already. How many more do you need?) Also, Radiant Dawn is actually what I used for a base.

Quick question(s), how would progression actually go about? What would the conditions be for ranking up?

Each chapter contains a certain mission that could be something like defeat boss, escape, or defend. As for ranking up, it's a mix of performance in critical moments as well as just plain surviving. The risk of death is a lot greater here which is why I don't have too many conditions.

I agree with Channeler i would love this. if you can think about adding the dark knight job line

Hmm...the only issue with that class is that I'd have to make a third tier class of my own for it. I'll figure something out for it. Dark Magic is very rare and only a handful of people even know how to wield it.

So wait, this is set in Tellius?

No, no, it's set in it's own world. I don't mess with canon worlds very often. FE: Awakening had too many difficult mechanics to work around and a very imbalanced class system which is why I used Radiant Dawn's gameplay mechanics to try and build a system off of.

Edit: Since there is well then more than enough interest, I'll start a Sing-ups sheet in a week. I'll be editing and clearing up any leftover confusion later on tonight though.

Uncertain if I have time for this, but since it's probably going to be the summer before I get around to putting up ANKL (Or IMI, not sure which one will be first or if I'll even get both at all) I am here to probably join

Also, as stated on your status, I'm fully capable of helping with stuffz ^^ I've hosted some six RPs over the past two/three years and know my way around FE pretty well