Ash takes on Reborn

Raviel the Phantom

Thought this would be a fun challenge to suggest. Play through Reborn using only Pokemon Ash Ketchum has caught (not befriended like haunter). You have to have Pikachu in your team of course, which shouldn't be a problem since you can get a pichu before the second gym.

Here is a link that shows all the Pokemon Ash has caught:

http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/ash.shtml

For added difficulty, you can only evolve the Pokemon in the list as far as he has in the anime. So Squirtle and Bulbasaur must remain puny. And if you have a Pokemon that he has released in the show, you can keep it for a day after it is captured/evolved (butterfree) but then you must release it.

Edit: Bonus Difficulty (Optional): for Charmeleon and Charizard, players can only use them in a Pokemon Gym (Relates to how Charizard obeyed Ash against Blaine's Magmar), or if they are past the point of obeying. This stays this way, until it battles a Poli-Pokemon (Poliwag, Poliwhirl, or Poliwrath).

Edited by Raviel the Phantom

Does this have to include making retarded decisions in battle?

(Okay I should quit hating, I've heard that in the current generation Ash has actually been improving and is evolving all his Pokemon save Pikachu)

He's actually doing pretty well this time around. This might be the one where we finally wins it... I hope.

Anyways, I really like the idea, might have to try it out sometime.

Ash may have a decent number of strong Pokemon, but a significant portion of them are starters or psesdo-legendaries, so you're even more limited than you would be otherwise since you lack Ash's ability to catch Pokemon not normally obtainable in the wild.

• Veterans

He's actually doing pretty well this time around. This might be the one where we finally wins it... I hope.

Anyways, I really like the idea, might have to try it out sometime.

So far he took the RIGHT Kalos starter,Potentially has Gale Wings Fletchinder has Hawlucha which aint half bad and gets a Goodra.

Is that clasified as good?

This looks hard. Very hard.

A question: the pokemon that reside with professor Oak, would I be supposed to leave them in the PC after using them in a gym?

i dont think so, the thing that would make it hard for me would be that you wouldnt be alowed to elvolve that pokemon if ash's ones hasn't done so yet which means no greninja, no blastoise and so on also some of his pokemon arent avalible yet in reborn.

Edited by sandy

So does this mean you have to over level Charizard to an extent it won't listen to you..just like in the anime?

yes always but i dont think it was a level issue with ash's charizard more of a respect issue

because his charmander was from another trainer (traded pokemon)

that left me with a question i've been wondering the answer to since season 1. that beeing since charmander was a traded pokemon (kinda) why didn't ash have problems till charmander evolved?

Edited by sandy

that left me with a question i've been wondering the answer to since season 1. that beeing since charmander was a traded pokemon (kinda) why didn't ash have problems till charmander evolved?

not the right badge :unsure: i dont know

not the right badge :unsure: i dont know

his charmander evolved when he had between 5 and 7 badges if i remember correctly so thats another conumdrum added to the lost, also charizard started respecting him half way through the orange leauge which would be badge 10 (technicly)

Edited by sandy

his charmander evolved when he had between 5 and 7 badges if i remember correctly so thats another conumdrum added to the lost, also charizard started respecting him half way through the orange leauge which would be badge 10 (technicly)

Let's just say this: Being from another trainer + evolving, Charizard just didn't respect Ash. Now where in-game a traded pokemon/pokemon existing in Reborn, badges have your pokemon respect you, it took Charizard to get beaten down and humbled by the Poliwrath and see Ash doing all he could to get Charizard healthy for him to respect Ash enough to listen again.

Also, good luck to anyone who tries an Ash-challenge. I know that I could never actually do something like that.

Edited by TurboAura

And then the anime shows that it was all a coma all along... :P

I stopped watching the anime a looong while ago, it started to sound too childish for me at some point (no offense), but that could be the dubbing.

This would probably be fine since all of Ash's pokemon have the hidden ability Power of Friendship, which makes you win nearly every battle. Unfortunately that has yet to be implemented in Reborn.

I was referring to a certain theory. One that is a bit of a stretch, but pretty cool in my opinion.

I was referring to a certain theory. One that is a bit of a stretch, but pretty cool in my opinion.

I got that, I was replying to the topic in general.

Going to both things you said; Ash is like, what twelve forever? I mean those common (childhood ruining) theories make more sense than that. They should've just had different protagonist each season. But again it is a kids show so maybe they thought we wouldn't notice that the world was constantly being save by a kid who's not even that good.

I got that, I was replying to the topic in general.

Going to both things you said; Ash is like, what twelve forever? I mean those common (childhood ruining) theories make more sense than that. They should've just had different protagonist each season. But again it is a kids show so maybe they thought we wouldn't notice that the world was constantly being save by a kid who's not even that good.

They should make steven stone the main protagonist, or so. That would be cool. Or maybe the protagonist of pokemon colosseum, but how he was intended to eventually become in XD.