Hardest Mono-run?

spark95

I'd say bug is one of the easier ones actually because it has a huge amount of diversity in the early game. It's one of the only monos that won't leave you struggling for choice early.

The hardest one would have to be ice wouldn't it? Are there even any early ice types?

Anyway, moving this to Reborn City.

I think there are 8 catchable ice types, of course none of them being a starter. Unless you count protean froakie that you teach ice beam to. Hardest mono is probably grass or bug since both types offer infinitely less than they defend from in a game where most enemies have rock, fire, fighting and flying.

steel since they are not available to early in the game<

If you want a harder challenge I suggest something im calling typelock...... once you beat a gym you are not allowed to use pokemon of that type (I am not counting secondary type), so after the first gym, no more electric types, after the second no more grass......etc..... at the begging it will be easy but after the first gym 36 are unavailable, 102 by the second, 166 gone from the third, 189 forth, 217 fifth, 240 sixth, 333 seventh, 383 eighth, 411 ninth, 436 tenth, 484 eleventh, 514 gone from beating the twelfth gym leaving 207 pokemon 23 probably unavailable at the time legendarys leaving 184, only way we will be unlikely to finish is if the 18th gym is flying because I doubt anyone will use only tornadus and five noiverns

The hardest one would have to be ice wouldn't it? Are there even any early ice types?

once you get to beryl ward, you can get swinub, beartic's line, and smoochum from the citrine mountain cave. other than that, nothing else for a while i believe.

Edited by phoenix_fire

What do I do then, if I can't get an ice type at the beginning?

Go around with only your starter till you get your first Ice type (it will probably be the ice cream AKA Vanillite) then you ditch the starter (and practically lose the game because Vanillite sucks)

I would say Ice Type is also hardest monorun because Charlotte will destroy your face no matter what. She wrecks teams made with strategies specifically to beat her. Even if you leveled everyone to 100 and tried to OHKO her team when they actually obey you.

But I guess that's the risk that goes will all monoruns, hitting a gym leader that's the opposite of your type.

Ice or Dragon probs, there's very few of those for most of the game, and especially early about the only thing you can get for Ice is the Vanilluxe line for quite some time. To the point where they stop being hard monos and more "use your starter until you get an Ice type" *Is intent on doing an Ice mono one of these days*

Charolette shouldn't be too hard to ice. There are plenty of ice/water types, no shortage of thick fat. Eq or blizzard kills her field effect. Rain dance is available too.

The problem is you will die long before getting to her (there's Cal, Kiki, Samson and many MANY Rock types)

steel since they are not available to early in the game<

If you want a harder challenge I suggest something im calling typelock...... once you beat a gym you are not allowed to use pokemon of that type (I am not counting secondary type), so after the first gym, no more electric types, after the second no more grass......etc..... at the begging it will be easy but after the first gym 36 are unavailable, 102 by the second, 166 gone from the third, 189 forth, 217 fifth, 240 sixth, 333 seventh, 383 eighth, 411 ninth, 436 tenth, 484 eleventh, 514 gone from beating the twelfth gym leaving 207 pokemon 23 probably unavailable at the time legendarys leaving 184, only way we will be unlikely to finish is if the 18th gym is flying because I doubt anyone will use only tornadus and five noiverns

...So I'm really curious by this.

There are 18 gym leaders in Reborn. One for each type.

By the time you beat the last one, you'll have no pokemon left you can use. How are you beating the E4 and finishing the game?

By the time you beat the last one, you'll have no pokemon left you can use. How are you beating the E4 and finishing the game?

It's a Pokemon game....sooo with the power of friendship!

I think he means that whatever type the last gym leader uses you are stuck with. Then you can only use pokemon of the same type, but they must have it as their primary type (hence his comment of Noiverns).

As much as I love Ice types, a mono-run would be quite difficult in Reborn. Fighting Florinia with Vanillish sounds like torture.

...Something more horrendous would be fighting Cal with Vanillish, Beartic, Jynx and Mamoswine...