Favourite Pokemon Type

Izaya

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. I guess my favorite type is Dark. I haven't played much pokemon. The only ones that I have played are Reborn, a bit, Some of Pokémon FireRed on the GBA, at a friends house they had old stuff, and some of a Pokémon game on the DS where you play as a pokemon. But I guess Dark is my favorite..........

Also, i would like to note the distinct lack of love for them normal types in this thread. What's up with that?

One of the all time classic fav pokemon for me is Snorlax...

And if someone does not dislike some type its good even if it is not his favorite

Hello. I guess my favorite type is Dark. I haven't played much pokemon. The only ones that I have played are Reborn, a bit, Some of Pokémon FireRed on the GBA, at a friends house they had old stuff, and some of a Pokémon game on the DS where you play as a pokemon. But I guess Dark is my favorite..........

Welcome to the forums Bluejaylevi. I would suggest you make a post in the grand hall, you'll receive a warm welcome i'm sure.

One of the all time classic fav pokemon for me is Snorlax...

And if someone does not dislike some type its good even if it is not his favorite

You have a point qaaz, but my point is that i just wanted to know why most people aren't fans of the normal type. Its a pretty solid typing imho.

Oooh, this here is an interesting thread. For me it goes like:

1. Ghost: the absolute best thing ever. Period.

2. Psychic: some of them I find even eerieer than most ghosts. Plus some of my favourite moves ever are this type.

3. Fairy: I've read a lot of people consider this one as their least favorite type, which makes it even better for me XD. One of my friends cannot stand fairies just because they kill all the dragons in his party, he talks real shit about fairies and I cannot help but love them for being able of making someone so mad over something so insignificant... I love when something looks pink and cute on the outside but is nothing but a merciless monster on the inside, plus how everyone rants about "why are these immune against mah dregonz types?!? I cannot understand...", priceless. Keep spreading chaos, fairy types.

4. Fighting: a lof of people dreams of Gamefreak making a Light type, but they don't realise that in some sort of awesome way, fighting is already that: it fights against dark types, which represent evil. Plus... the POWER, this type has so much power, I love it.

5. Bug: I love not only the type itself, but what it represents: bug is all about survival, about eating or to be eaten, about running or being squashed (or squash first), this type is...wild. Plus, when I first discovered this type was super-effective against dark, that immediately reminded me of Beelzebub, the lord of the flies. Dunno why but is awesome.

6. Dark: the yang, the evil, the maliciousness, the obscure... I love how in japanese this type's name actually means "Evil type".

7. Poison: the fact I love fairy doesn't mean I don't like their ultimate checker. Plus poison is just, is just awesome.

The rest are just there, all I like but not as much as these 7 ones. For the least favourite.... I would have to say rock. I just find it so boring. Grass as a type would also be here as well if it wasn't because I love most grass type pokemon's designs.

Edited by zimvader42

Also, i would like to note the distinct lack of love for them normal types in this thread. What's up with that?

A lot of normal type pokémon are awesome: the already mentioned Snorlax, Kecleon, Ditto, Sawsbuck, Blissey, Persian, Audino... I love pretty much all of'em in fact; but as a type, normal is not that big of a deal for me. That's the difference between liking a type and liking the pokemon of that type in my opinion: you could hate a type but love all the pokemon with it, or vice versa.

I cannot help but love them for being able of making someone so mad. I love when something looks pink and cute on the outside but is nothing but a merciless monster on the inside (Nui Harime, Charlotte the Caterpillar witch, Jigglypuff, etc.)

You forgot Kirby, he's powerful enough to destroy worlds with a single punch, tanked galaxy busting attacks, and fought Dragon Ball Z character Majin Buu and won, WHILE being hugely nerfed.

Anyway as for my favorite type, well, at first I didn't really have one (if I was asked I would've just said Water, since my favorite Pokemon happens to be a Water type), but recently I gotta say I really like Fairy. So many people are fanboys of stuff like Dragon and Dark types because "hurr durr dey look kool so dat mens thay is powrfulz" but then Fairy comes in and starts wrecking all those "cool" pokemon while looking cute and fluffy and adorable (and whatever Gardevoir is. By the way, that's another reason I love Fairy, Gardevoir's one of my favorites). Just look at the mascots for X and Y, before the games came out, everyone was getting Y because Yveltal looked "cooler", and then the games came out and guess which one of the two outclassed the other in every single way? Also I love how much hate the Fairy types generate, if you see someone on here whose favorite type is Dragon or Dark, you can almost guarantee that their least favorite type is Fairy, because they're mad that something pink is better than their "cool" pokemon. Also, in my 6th gen monorun of Reborn, my Slurpuff took down Solaris' Garchomp almost single handedly! And finally, Pixilate. That thing is like, the best ability ever.

Top 5

1. Dark/Steel: can't decide between the two. I just love both of them. I like almost every single dark and steel type.

2. Dragon: almost every time I play a pokemon game, I end up having one dragon type on my team. Haxorus being my favorite out of all the dragons I got.

3. Fighting: Pokemon like Lucario, Gallade, and Breloom made this type to be my number 3.

4. Ghost: Ghost types can be really mischievous, and thats why I love em. Although, some just like to make you laugh, like some ghost pokemon in the anime. All of them have some interesting dex entries too.

5. Bug: its pretty ironic that I severely hate bugs, but when it comes to pokemon they're pretty cool. Although the only one I'll never use is beedrill. I just severely hate bees/wasps.

Edited by IronWraith

If you see someone on here whose favorite type is Dragon or Dark, you can almost guarantee that their least favorite type is Fairy, because they're mad that something pink is better than their "cool" pokemon.

At least those pink furballs get some love. It's been long since I've met people whose fav was Ice or Rock.

If you see someone on here whose favorite type is Dragon or Dark, you can almost guarantee that their least favorite type is Fairy, because they're mad that something pink is better than their "cool" pokemon.

True and False at the same time. For me at last I find the Fairy concept too much childish (yeah I know the game is for childs). I don't like the Fairy as Fairy but I have some specific Fairies that I like. I don't hate much them for being Dragonslayers (yet)

Well the next gens will make me to see if I change somehow my opinion

Normally I don't go on too much about things but this love of fairies is crazy. My reason for hating them isnt because they kill dragons and dark types. That's fine. But if youre trying to tell me that Dragonite would get his $^&% rocked by Clefable in a real fight scenario that's insane. I like the addition of a new type but couldn't of been something a little cooler.

Where's Crocker when you need him?...

• 4 weeks later...