Pokémon Academy: Ch 3: Winter Cup [IC]

Chim

Parents

Akako gave Sasuke the $22 and took the kabobs, turning away and jogging back with the food. "So, is there anything else you wanna check out?"

Will looked around and simply let out a laugh. "Well, I can't see anything else that just the two of us could do, atleast for now. I guess we'll just look on the way back towards Robert's stall. Heck, maybe he's done and will be ready to come outta there." With a nod, they walked back.

Robert

In the back of his head, Robert registered the newly announced match-ups, though he didn't have much time to question them, seeing as the stall was now being hit by a big line. A lot more than it seemed Kiai and Shun would be able to handle, from what he saw. Acknowledging that, Robert went over to the side of the stall while releasing Jet. Released, Jet looked around for what he had been brought out for, noticing the place they were and assumed it was time to eat.

"Hey Jet, I want you to take these around to the people in line, got it?" Robert took out the flyers, which had been made to advertise the shop if it hadn't worked that well. They even had a square in the middle for the order number, to give the customers the 'your food is ready' warning in case they'd wandered off to impatiently, or in this case to work now that the number-board would be blocked by the amount of people.

Jet simply shrugged at Robert, taking the fliers in his feet and flying off to the people in line. During which, Robert cleared of a section of counter to help alleviate some of the line, knowing he'd have to go back and forth from here to make this work. "Hey, we've got one more line over here for anyone who hasn't gotten their order in."

Edited by TurboAura

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

"I think it's time i finish off this little scare,Ragnarok come on out"James called out his newest pokemon.A Gligar by the name of Ragnarok,Luna the Litwick had expressed a feeling that she wanted another trainer and a student from the same year had shown an interest in the species.James had asked if he wanted to trade to get his litwick and the student had agreed and now James had a Gligar."Shade i'm gunna need you to use a bit more Ominous Wind,Ragnarok.You see that boy,after Shade uses Ominous wind Jump up and attach to his face.Makes sure you don't hit him with your stinger,i'd rather not pay a hospital bill"He muttered after which Shade floated up and started charging an ominous wind and fired it.Ragnarok had jumped up and started moving on the wind.

Raiza allowed to let Henry's advice and words of encouragement sink in until he brought to her attention the Skitty at his feet. "Awh, she looks like a real sweetheart, pon," Raiza crooned like she always did to every Pokemon she met, crouching down to wave hello to the pink kitten. "She's adorable. I bet she must be scarier than she looks, pon?" Wheeling around, the Trainer added, as Rogue sized up the Normal type ball of fur, "Is Zuko anywhere nearby, by any chance? I wasn't able to watch the first half of your battle, but I saw the second half. You two were awesome back there-- it was like you didn't need to tell him what to do. Or, like, telekinetic communication, pon."

The Dark-Dragon type darted around in the darkness-- probably from a sudden burst of energy-- and bumped into said green object. Shaking his head, Toothless cried out throatily at the thing he ran into.

Jacob watched from the corner as the Gligar floated by on the Ominous Wind. Hmm... A Gligar? And Ominous Wind is probably from a Ghost-type like Duskull. So it's probably James trying to scare us! the young man deduced. He chuckled lightly and looked down at Kristen, smiling. "How you holding up?"

{Henry}

"I don't know if she's my strongest, but she easily can be one of the scariest things on the field. It brings back some good memories in Orre. As for Zuko, I gave him back to Citrine, his original owner, but the two are running around here somewhere." Hopefully she hasn't burned any stalls down yet. Henry then thought about Raiza mentioning him not giving Zuko any orders. He never realized it was such a big deal.

"It's not telekinesis, but how I train my Pokemon. I don't want my Pokemon only to rely on my every order so I often train them to be able to fight well without orders. I remember reading something about a place called the Battle Palace in Hoenn. At first, it seemed to be a lot more work than what it was worth, but I've gone too far I really can't go back. Eventually, you'll see all my Pokemon fight similar to Zuko. Rosie actually is one step ahead and pretty much can fight without orders so I only have 3 more to work on."

Meanwhile, something bumped into the Electrike. This startled the Pokemon as he released a quick spark of electricity revealing a Deino nearby. Seeing as he was outmatched, he pretended not to notice the Deino and tried to sneak by without catching anyone's attention. This certainly wasn't the place he'd want to be knocked out in.

Louise nodded to the Lucario, who seemed to be the one to take her order. "Hey, could I have you best bowl of ramen please?" she asked, not looking too carefully at the menu, figuring she could and would hold up the line for a good 5 minutes at least. "Well, by that I mean either your best seller or maybe a special... Or a super deluxe bowl...?" She kept glancing up at the large screen filled with the new match up announcements, having to re-memorize the names of the people in her block. She should probably start asking around what kind of pokemon they had, if not meet the actual person, which would be ideal.

Terra had looked up the the screen to see what caught her trainer's attention, but it didn't interest her as much as what was going on in the ramen stand, with all the shiny cooking utensils and what not.

DarkLight and ExLink

“A Murkrow as a Pokémon and a Murkrow in a Crystal Ball are two different things, Sweetie,” the Old Woman replied. “In the art of fortune-telling a Murkrow means death. It’s possible the boy is the one who brings death or dies… Only the future can tell…” Her eyes rolled around again as the Gothitelle took over.

“The boy’s string is fading. Only his silhouette is visible and it contains the Wings of a Steel Bird. He's painted in the color of Revenge.”

The Psychic type lost connection with her trainer as her link was broken. It took too much out of her powers to keep going. She was panting heavily and it didn’t look like she could tell any more information.

Jory and Azery

“I’m fine,” Kristen chuckled. “But I can’t see who’s doing this. Do you have some sort of a plan?”

Commander (Henry’s Dad) and Stratos (Mareek)

“That’s impressive,” Lana said louder than she expected. “I don’t know how strong the Unova Elite Four members are, but the current Ymora members never lost a battle against a challenger before…”

Stratos (Galen)

“I destroyed that letter a long time ago and I kept the stone because it’s valuable and Eevee was looking forward to evolving in a Vaporeon. Anyway, the only reason I didn’t give that letter to the Professor is because your organization promised me information about my father,” Evan said the last word with clear disgust in his voice. “Anyway I won’t help you if you don’t keep your end of the deal…”

"I-I see..." Danielle replied to both the Old Woman and the Gothitelle, feeling a bit foolish for assuming Avis so soon. 'So the only thing that is certain is that Skarmory. And its master's only string is leaving and he sought for revenge...' Since nothing else came to mind, she smiled kindly to the both of them and took out her wallet and a Sitrus Berry. "Thank you for your insights, madame. I'm sure they will be helpful in the near future. Umm... How much would it be for services? Unless Slade has anything else to add...?"

Jacob nodded, peeking his head around the corner. He saw the silhouette of someone around their age, but couldn't see who it was in the darkness. Suddenly, he got an idea. He grinned at Kristen and reached for a Ball on his belt. "Yes, I do. Cover your eyes," he said softly. He then released Arete from her ball. The Togetic floated up near her Trainer's head, looking around quizzically at the Haunted House. "Arete, use Dazzling Gleam so that we can get a good look at whoever's behind this. Ready?" he asked. The Togetic nodded. "Go!" he said quickly. The hallway lit up for a brief moment as motes of light fired out of the Togetic. Jacob made out James at the end of the hall before having to turn back into the alcove to prevent his eyes from hurting. He left Arete out of her ball, coaxing her into the alcove with them. The Togetic perched on her Trainer's shoulder and nuzzled his head, happy to see him.

"It's James. I'm not sure why he decided to try scaring us, but we're going to get him good. I need you to call out your Skrelp and have it use Water Gun on the floor of the hall we just ran through."

Ryan

"The name sounds familiar. I think I heard it in the brackets. Looks like I'll have to check out his match when it comes around." Ryan lifted his shoulders in forfeit. "Not much we can do right now anyway."

-----------------

Ryan's Family

"Nope, not doing this!" Wally refused to get his face painted. Instead, he made his way back to Ryan, hoping he was ok to interrupt. "Sorry to interrupt you to, but Jason was trying to get my face painted and we can't have that now can we?" Wally's face lit up in an incredibly photogenic smile. With that, a pokeball began to shake and suddenly a Gallade erupted from it. "Oh calm down boy, there's no one of our skill level to battle right here. My apologies... Kage, was it? This is my friend, Kazuto." He motioned towards the Gallade while it struck a heroic pose. Ryan shook his head, knowing Kage couldn't see the embarrassing display.

Jason frowned when Wally walked away. "Looks like I'll have to step up to the plate instead. Do you do Gardevoirs?" Jason cracked a grin while Lexis cringed. She knew what was going to happen. Instead, she hung up on the phone and wandered off into the crowds.

"No, I don't have much to add," Slade said before noticing Danielle pulling out her wallet. He felt bad if he were to make her pay, "and Danielle, you don't have to pay for this, I can." Slade said before getting out his own wallet. Hopefully it wasn't too expensive.

Mareek

"Well, with everything I've taught him from my own experiences, I would say that Mareek here could probably change that little statistic one day," Ms. Sisto said, recalling Joltara and handing the capsule back to Mars. "though he's no longer interested in it, I'm afraid... but your generation is young, I'm sure it's going to be one of you who eventually makes it through. Who knows, maybe it'll be one of your own peers from this class even? Someone who you sit beside every day could be the future champion in the making..."

"Whoever it is, they won't have any competition for the spot from me," Mareek said, leaning on the counter top like he had before. "I'm not gonna spend my time or my energy going after badges; we're going to spend it actually trying making things a bit better in the world... and We'll grow stronger so that we can accomplish that, isn't that right everyone?" Erce, Nemo, and Java all nodded eagerly at the question, Erce paring her claws against one another while Nemo held up his club in the air triumphantly and Java just sat there being Java like usual, though a tiny bit of pride was showing in his eyes now. "Exactly," Mareek nodded, knowing his team was on the same page about what they were going to aim for in the future. "And if we get strong enough and I manage to prove myself with my work and skills: I'll be the head of the International Police in no time..."

Galen

"We'll hold up our end of the deal, rest assured," Augustine said, really beginning to grow tired of how long this freaking conversation was taking... the kid was lucky that there was a need for an emergency alibi provider, otherwise Galen could've handled the job of correspondence with his team by delegating messages to Zoroark... in fact, if he thought of it... no, would have to be an actual human giving the cover story; no telling how things might go if she tried handling it... and then the authorities would probably want follow up interviews and all that stuff and it honestly was just simpler like this... "But also know this; you won't get a scrap of information about your Padre if you don't actually help us. understand, Chico? You don't give anything, and neither will we. So are you going to stop this continuous side-stepping already?"

Kenny and his Team:

Kenny and his Team started walking back to the Stands.

Kenny's Parents:

When they heard about a Third Line, Kenny's Parents looked at each other, then moved into the Third Line.

Edited by K_H

• Veterans

The light was bright and was sure to blow his cover,that is if he didnt have a back up Plan"Tytanniel let's go"James said as he threw out his Ferroseed."Ok,Ragnarok that earlier jump scare didnt work,your colours are too bright.I'm pretty sure i heard Jacob ask someone's pokemon to use water gun so use either tailwind or sand attack to blow the water away and or dry it.Shade use Shadow Sneak to get behind them and be as silent as possible untill i give you the signal.Tytanniel roll on the floor beside me,try to go unnoticed,i'm going in."James muttered before he walked into the hallway.Ragnarok had already flown up ready to blow away the water gun whenever it came."Whoa,no need to attack me.I come in here and get attacked for no reason by a random couple in the dark,seems sad dontcha think?"He said barely holding back a grin as he held his hands up.

Robert

Robert saw the first people coming over to the third line, seeing that they were a couple with two Herdiers behind them. Before he could actually call out Voltage to work with this line, he greeted them eagerly. "Hello, what would you like to order?"

Meanwhile, Kiai nodded to Louise's request and put down an order for Miso Ramen, seeing as it would work as a 'cover all.' After putting it with the rest of the orders, he held out his paw towards the benches nearby, explaining to the Gabite for them to wait for their food to be ready.

Jet/Parents

Flying around to pass out the fliers, Jet was contemplating why exactly Robert had him doing this. 'Maybe this is just some extra training? Speed training maybe? Whatever, double-thinking isn't going to help whatever this is for.' He continued on, getting through the first line and was just finishing up that line when Robert's parents were getting back, seeing the lines. "Well, I guess he's even busier now. We'll just have wait it out then." Pointing towards an open bench, Will started going over until Jet flew into him, just finishing with a line.

"Hey, watch where you're going, you-" before Akako continued, she noticed the fliers that were in it's feet, obviously going with the stall. "Oh, so you're just trying to help out. Which one of theirs are you?" Jet signaled towards Robert, who was currently on the side counter. "Hmm, so you're our son's, then. Well, just be less reckless. You wouldn't really be doing him any favors running into someone else." With a quick, mid-air salute, Jet flew towards the second line to continue the work. "So, guess we'll just sit and wait." Continuing on from that, they found themselves a bench nearby the stall and watched to see when it would be taken care off.

Edited by TurboAura

"2 Miso, coming up. Go ahead and sit while it's being made. Someone will get your attention when it's ready." Right before heading back to the cooking station, he released Voltage in his place, realizing that just running back and forth would just be crazy for this. "Hey Voltage, mind taking the orders in this line. We're way packed."

Before Voltage could even reply, Robert had went back to cooking. It wasn't like he had a chance to think of refusing, so he just got ready to take whoever passed to this line.

"More orders!?" Shiro squeaked when Robert returned to the station with 3 new orders for miso ramen. Since when did they even begin serving different kinds of ramen? He just filled all the bowls with the same stuff before... "Maybe I should get Sharph to carry the bowls to people? His head is secore enough, I suppose... And it would help, right?"

Kenny's Parents:

The two of them headed over to a seat, and then Jacen (Kenny's Father) noticed a familiar face. a thought ran through his mind as they waited.

Well, would you look at that, my brother's here! what a surprise!

Kenny's Sister:

As Ellie walked around the Stands, she noticed a Face-painting stand, and headed over.

Kenny:

Kenny and his Team wandered the Stalls, seeing what was available.

The girl nodded slowly. Unbeknownst to anybody, her mind tried to imagine a female version of Henry... Or a girl who liked citrus fruits. "Ah. Are you planning to go to the Battle Frontier in Hoenn too, pon? And that's a pretty interesting strategy, training your Pokemon to think by themselves... Lucifer's done a lot of battles on his own, actually." Watching the Ghost-Fire type give off sparks and none-too powerful plumes of flame to entrance his audience of ghosts, she added, "Uh, it's just that it's something I don't see many Trainers here do, pon. In my opinion it says something about the bond between you and your Pokemon, and about the both of you in an individual sense, pon. It's just really impressive, the way you battle and how you and your Pokemon carry yourselves." Raiza flashed one of her rare grins.

Crying out loudly at the feel of the sparks, as he was still sour over that Dratini who shocked him with Thunder Wave, Toothless bolted after the Electric Pokemon, trying to stay on his scent.

Jacob put his finger to his lips, signaling his partner in crime to stay hidden and stay quiet. He nodded his head in James's direction. The boy had been audible in his instructions to his Pokemon, and a soft pink pink pink could be hard as the Ferroseed's metallic shell rolled over the floorboards. He tapped Arete lightly and, barely audibly, whispered "Again," to his Togetic. The flying Fairy poked her head out from behind the corner and let another Dazzling Gleam fly through the hall. Jacob immediately grabbed Kristen's hand and pulled her out of the alcove and along the corridor, disappearing through the next doorway and into the hall of mirrors. The Togetic followed behind the couple, giggling softly at the mischief she was causing.

The young Trainer led Kristen and his Togetic out of the mirrors and the back of the Haunted House, looking behind him to make sure James hadn't followed them. "Well, that was exciting, wasn't it? Although we never did get to scare him back, at least we avoided having it happen to us. Right?" he asked quietly. As he asked the question of Kristen he began to look behind her where the large screen was quite visible. "Hmm... The matchups changed. Apparently I'm against Caleb. I heard he just arrived today, so the battle shouldn't be super difficult," he said, sounding quite disappointed. "Although I need to keep my guard up regardless."

Henry

"...I might visit it over the summer or on a break considering traveling back and forth from Orre to here isn't really an option and this might be the only chance I get." Henry didn't want to think about that anymore. Once school was over, he'd probably never see any of these people again which made him a bit sad oddly. "As for the no orders thing, I think you're the only one who's praised me so far. I usually just get smack talk when it comes to battling. Rosie replacing Zuko only made things worse as I think every person in the school now hates me...except you. What do you see in me that everyone else doesn't?" including me.

Meanwhile, an Electrike was running for his life while a blue dragon thing was in hot pursuit. He thought he wasn't going to make it when he saw a light at the end of the tunnel making it back. Henry noticed the Electrike earlier, but ignored it because he didn't want to have to deal with that thing again. Burrows, on the other hand, chased after the little runt who taunted. He caught up to the Electrike and readied to face him in battle, but the Electrike simply dashed around him and began sprinting towards the forest to get away from this hellhole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry's Dad

"Don't you dare bring up those backstabbing bastards," Joseph yelled out. "Sorry, please pardon my sudden outburst. It's just that in Orre's darkest hour, the International Police never came and felt they had no need to give a reason why they didn't even respond. Orre's Police Department still holds a grudge against them. I don't blame them as it tore many of their families apart."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Citrine

Once the girl in front of Citrine was done, Citrine didn't even take a minute to hesitate as she charged forward and slammed her arm on the counter. "Hi," she responded softly. "I'm not too particular so I'll let the chef decide for me. Don't worry, I'll eat just about anything."

"Pix!" Suddenly, a Vulpix jumped onto the counter looking enraged at the girl.

"Oh yeah, Zuko would like the same as well." She watched the Vulpix turn his head glaring at the food that was being passed out. "Zuko, you better not try stealing anyone's food. That's my job." She then looked over seeing the chef looked rather familiar. She then glanced back as the screen realizing the boy in the back was none other than Shiro. "Hey, you're Henry's roommate, aren't ya? I've heard quite a few stories about you." This time she yelled to make sure the boy could hear her loud and clear.

Sissy was heading back at the fair when the new match up announcement came up. She stopped for a while looking at the big screen. Again people that I don't know. Well I need to get some information. Her thoughts dissapeared when Sherlock pointed at Shiro's and Robert's stall. "I guess we were thinking the same thing Sherlock." She said and started walking towards the boys stall. Once they reached it, they could see many people waiting for their orders. "Probably this isn't the best time to talk to them. Let's go find some other familiar faces." She said and started walking once again. Finally she reached the stall where Mareek and Lana where.

"Excuse me." She said once she reached the stand. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything. Can I ask you something Mareek?" She hoped that either him or Lana could have any of the information she needed.

DarkLight and ExLink

“It’s 10 Pokédollars or BP per person,” the Old Woman said. She returned back to her normal voice and frowned. “There really are a lot of students with a dark future here…” she muttered to no one in particular.

Jory and Azery

Before Kristen managed to release her Skrelp, Jacob dragged her out of the Haunted House. She didn’t mind him holding her hand and willingly went with him. “I don’t know who James is, but we can always get him back later,” she said with a wink.

She turned around when Jacob mentioned the new battle matchups. “Just be sure you don’t lose before I get the chance to beat- WHAT? Henry and Danielle are in the same block as me? Oh my god! The two most annoying people out of all of the possible opponents I could draw!” The redhead wasn’t really happy with her schedule but now she could at least get her revenge. She sighed and calmed down a bit. “Well, at least Henry is all talk… He doesn’t stand a chance with that Skitty of his!”

Commander (Henry’s Dad) and Stratos (Mareek)

Lana smiled a little when she heard Mareek talking about his future plans. If anyone was to change the International Police she was sure he could do it. Her own personal dreams weren’t as big as she just wanted to inherit her family’s business; the leading experts when it came to breeding Ground types.

She was about to reply when the man with the Suicune statue suddenly exploded in anger and turned silent. Apparently the International Police was a difficult subject for a lot of people…

Stratos (Galen)

“If you don’t like it why are you still talking to me? You could’ve left after your little performance. I think I saw some weed at the other end of the Academy Grounds, so why don’t you go do your job?” This guy was annoying Evan. He still hadn’t made up his mind about what he wanted to do and confronting this Spanish Gardener wasn’t helping. His tone turned hostile as he just glared at the man in front of him.

When the sky started to get darker, the decorative lamps on the stalls light up. The clock struck 6 times and at the gates someone was creating a scene. Pierre Deborsu, one of the new students, was completely dressed in a white suit. His blond hair rested on his shoulders and his blue eyes gazed through the crowd. He loved all the attention he got, especially from a few females. He held his head high and put a rose in his mouth. His Ponyta’s mane was blazing full power but didn’t seem to scorch the boy that was on his back.

On the contrary; Pierre placed the rose back in his suit and opened his arms like he tried to hug everyone gazing at him. “Ymora Academy, I, Pierre Deborsu, have arrived!”

All attention was drawn to him as he rode over to a certain face painting stall. No one, not even the elder students, noticed Madame Plumeau arriving as well. The head of the Coordinator program quickly left to catch up with Professor Redwood.