Pokémon Academy: Ch 3: Winter Cup [IC]

Chim

Jacob shook his head and chuckled lightly at the fiery redhead. "I wouldn't underestimate Henry and his Skitty. You kept underestimating Danielle during your last battle and look what happened. I'd be willing to wager that that Skitty is actually his ace. After all, from what I've heard he's been handing people their butts on a silver platter with it." He then scratched his head. "But this Bert kid is puzzling to me. I guess I need to start getting to know our classmates better."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

"Darnit,there goes the prank...must've been too loud.Oh well let's get outta here"James said as he returned Shade and Tytanniel and put Ragnarok on his Shoulder.As he walked out of the Haunted house he saw that he matchups had changed."Huh,i'm no longer against Paul but against someone named Liza...and i'm grouped with Lana and Mareek,This ought to be interesting huh Ragnarok?"James asked the Gligar who responded by clicking his claws toghether.Deciding to apologize to Jacob and Kristen,James walked up to them from behind."Sorry about what happened in the Haunted House you two,I could've gotten you guys really hurt..."He told them.

Edited by Scub

Robert

Kiai nodded to Citrine, ready to get the order when Zuko had jumped up. 'Hmm, so that's what happened to Zuko. Guess she must be Rosie's original owner.' He simply nodded, giving the number ticket to Citrine and putting down on the corresponding slip two Miso bowls, being that these would be Robert's 'reccomendation' anyway. After which, he passed the slip directly to Robert, who was still busy with Shiro.

"That's actually a great idea. Way better than having Jet fly around to people's tables to get them over here." When he came into focus, he saw the slip that was going to him and saw the next two orders. "Hmm, 2 more orders of Miso? A lot of people have just been getting 'the norm', so I guess these few just want something different."

Parents

Akako kept an eye on the stall, watching to make sure it was under control? "Well, he seems to be holding himself well enough. Let's just hope this line will be the last of it, a family meal would be good catching up." Meanwhile, Will was looking around to see if anything else nearby would be interesting, when he saw someone else, who he knew the second he saw their face, being similar to his own in fact.

"Wait, Jacen, is that you?"

Edited by TurboAura

Mareek

"Oh, no need to apologize sir," Mareek said to the man, shaking his head, "You're fully entitled to that anti-sentiment for them, just like me and a bunch of other people in kanto who lived through Terrorist plots and not even once saw the Global Police anywhere near the situation to deal with it, hell, if the IP did it's damn job, maybe my father would still be alive and things would be a bit different with my older brother. They're always absentee it seems... and that's what I fully intend to change by working my way up and seizing complete control of it one day. I'm going to do for it what Professor Redwood has done for trainers across the world with the LT system he developed; I'm going to clean up the damn IP's act once and for all and make them an actually competent anti-terrorism force that'll be feared by Sociopaths like Giovanni and Cyrus and Ghetsis and all the rest of them who have been running around and only being stopped by children-"

"Excuse me, I hope I'm not interrupting anything. Can I ask you something Mareek?"

He looked away from the man to find none other the girl who he'd spoken to during Claude's fight with the snorlax a few weeks ago on the trip... though as to why she would be seeking him out now, he honestly didn't know; it's not like he was exactly the type of person who people came to when they needed something, hell, he was actually more used to being the guy who got glossed over by some of the more... approachable faces in the class when it came to getting asked questions.

"Um, sure... I guess," He said. "What is it?"

Galen

"Oh, looks like someone's getting a bit angry..." Galen scoffed mentally to himself as he took his eyes off the young man and looked up at the clock tower as it struck the time. "And how dare that little bastard, I checked if I had missed any weeds three times! I know these grounds are clear..." "Alright, tusche, chico," Augustine said, face unreadable as he knew there was no point in maintaining the conversation with this little punk; He had done what he'd been told to, make initial contact with the kid when possible, and he'd done it... no point in wasting any more time "We'll just have to go see about these stray weeds then, now won't we?" He turned around glancing over his shoulder at the boy as he brought up his right hand, catching his Zoroark's attention. "have a nice evening, Evan Reeves..." he snapped his fingers exactly as he trailed off, giving the cue which his partner recognized oh so well from past work; make us invisible.

With not even the slightest visible ripple of the air the Gardener seemingly vanished like he'd never been there at all, while all the while actually stalking away from the student, cursing under his breath that the one kid in this whole academy who'd been chosen to serve as the contact and emergency alaibi/scapegoat for this was so reluctant and annoying... well perhaps he shouldn't go pegging him with annoying just yet. After All, he had still yet to meet his team, especially that Pierre kid; he was confident he'd be able to reign him in, he'd done it before plenty of times with big shots and ambitious new recruits for Rocket, but...

“Ymora Academy, I, Pierre Deborsu, have arrived!”

Well, speak of the devil, and he doth appear... "Well they certainly weren't kidding when they said he craves attention..." the criminal sighed under his breath, glancing at his Zoroark as the two of them followed behind the boy as he entered through the gates and headed for a Face Painting Booth, completely unseeable, and making sure to stand off to the side of the walkway as they stop a few meters away from the stand. "Might as well observe him a little, see what I'm up against in this rodeo..."

Harsh words were all she'd ever heard about Henry nowadays... Nowadays, and even back then. "I still don't see how people think that the way you battle and come up with strategy sucks. But, I guess that that's what jealousy does to people." Shrugging, she decided to answer his question, lest sound like she was only trying to flatter him. "All right... Honestly I don't know much about you save from what you've told me and from what I hear, pon. So I... guess it'd be a kind of blind judgment or pretty moot for me to just say that I think you're a good person, deep inside. I'm... I don't know, I'm just being honest about how I see you. The simplest and most base way I can put it is that I think you're... well, really cool. Level-headed and smart. It might sound cliche but you're tough through and through, yet you can't be-- you know, completely heartless, not with how your Pokemon seem to adore you. The fact that you come from a rough-and-tumble Gotham City kind of place adds to it too, I've got to admit." Ah, shoot, it was starting to sound like she was rambling, wasn't it? Vaguely, Raiza was aware of a sort of warmth pinching her cheeks. Was this what blushing felt like? Why was she embarrassed, anyway, when she was just being completely honest? "E-Eh, I'm sorry, I just don't know how to put it, pon. I just can't put my finger on it..."

With guttural barks and cries, the Dark-Dragon type pursued the Electric dog up until it ran for the dark forest. Now that it was gone, Toothless only noticed the Drilbur next to him and began to sniff him, his momentary bout of rage dispelled as quickly as it had come.

"Do you know any of the people that are in my group." She smiled at the boy hoping he may have an answer. "Both Robert and Shiro are busy with their stall, I don't see anywhere near Raiza or Danielle, so the only familiar face around here is you. I hope that you may have a slight idea on any of them." She paused for a second and continued. "I was kind of shy earlier this year so I don't know many people around." She sighed.

Parents

Will perked up when his guess was confirmed, and readily embraced his newly refound brother in a tight hug. "Life's been treating me very well, just like I always hoped from the sea." After ending the embrace he turned to Akako, who had been suprised by what was going on. "Oh, and this is my wife Akako. And my son's over there in that stall. I would've written about him to you, long ago in fact, but...well, I ended up loosing your mailing address when we finally sailed back to Dewford. My bad." He let out a laugh with his hand behind his head, feeling terrible at how abruptly it happened. In response, Akako got up and turned to them and held out her hand,

"Nice to see you again, Jaceb. I wish we could've stayed in contact with you and wife, but luckily today let us meet again." She turned her full attention to the couple, a big grin on her face. "Now, I'm guessing that you have a child in this school and came to see them as well, right? Or were you just drawn in by the competition?"

Edited by TurboAura

"Thanks, Slade! I'll get the tip though." Danielle responded. She fished out 5 Poke for the Old Woman and handed the Sitrus Berry over to the exhausted Gothitelle, giving her a wink unbeknownst to the mysterious woman. 'Thank you as well~'

Once Danielle found herself outside once more, the brightly-lit screen that flashed the updated matchups caught her attention. Although surprised at the sudden changes, she beamed when she saw herself placed in the same block as Kristen and Henry. "Slade! Look! The matches must have changed while we were inside! I can't wait to see Henry beat Kristen!" She then noticed several students nearby giving her a glare. "Oh, come on! He's not that bad of a guy once you know him!" she retorted towards the crowd when a grandfather clock decided to announce that it is six o'clock. Before anyone could recover, however, a loud, obnoxious voice boomed overhead, making use of the pause between the bell and the quiet crowd.

“Ymora Academy, I, Pierre Deborsu, have arrived!”

"Kalosian accent?" Danielle questioned out loud as the crowd shifted their attention to the Claude's face-painting stall. As she followed their gaze, the coordinator found the voice's culprit sitting proudly on his Ponyta; the obvious enjoyment at the attention he was receiving could be seen a mile away. She giggled at the sight of the attractive man before she tugged on Slade. "Come on, let's get back to our stations. I bet our Pokemon missed us!"

-----------------

Avis was up on top of Danielle's stall making sure that the lights are working properly when she spotted Pierre making his grand entrance into the festival. The white suit, the rose and, finally, his regal announcement had sent the Murkrow tumbling back onto the ground, cackling all the while. Zared and Corona rushed over after they made their deliveries of hot chocolate and iced coffee to see what got Avis into this fit of laughter. The Murkrow only pointed to the guy at Claude's stall, which prompted the two teammates to turn around and get a view of the attention-seeking Pierre. Corona, the Larvesta, also let out a small giggle as Pierre tried to embrace his audience while Zared, the Mawile, rolled his eyes at the ridiculous display. It's no wonder why Avis and Corona were laughing.

The boy looked up at the screen again, this time examining the block that Sissy was in... "Yeah, I've battled and beaten both Gared and Karen before," he said, nodding. "They're both OK, they've got some skills, but I honestly don't expect them to get very far in this tournament, not if they get paired up against someone who can see through their tactics, which honestly isn't to hard if you just know what to look for and can stop them before they finish... I'm sure you'll do fine against either of them, all it takes is a bit of thought."

He began shaking his head when he saw his own roommates name in the same bracket block though... "Chances are you and Slade are gonna wipe the floor with them in your matches and end up against one another though... that's what you should really be worried about, my roomate is a wild card when it comes to battle, and he's also a bit reckless at times... and it's these two traits put together that make him someone to watch out for. Not once have I ever seen him phased by being cornered on the battlefield; whenever someone thinks they have him pinned down and helpless, he comes up with some craziness to always try to get out of it." He took his eyes back off the screen and looked at Sissy. "But like i said, he can also be reckless, and while he isn't phased and doesn't seize up at being cornered, he can potentially push things beyond what his team can do without realizing it, like i hear he did with the Frogadier of his during his battle at the end of the Boulder Hills trip, you might or might not have seen that yourself. Anyway, that's likely your best bet to take him down in a fight; if you can manage to outsmart him without him even realizing it, if you keep cornering him, he'll be distracted with getting his team out of it, and you can use that simple distraction to whittle his team down. And one lst thing; watch out for the Magnemite, TX-101... I freaking hate that thing from the first battle I ever had against it. There's something just not right about it, the way it fights... it'll throw you and your team through loops you didn't even think of as being possible, so watch out." Finally finished with his explanation, he looked to Java to see if the Porygon had any observations to ask. when the normal type shook his head and nothing came up on his pokedex screen or over his head phones, Mareek looked back to the other student. "That's all the info I have to give you. Hope it's what you're looking for."

Sissy was looking at the screen until Mareek finished. "Thank you Mareek. I knew I can count on you." She smiled at the boy. "Is he in the trainer program? Frogadier and Magnemite. Hm." She stopped for a second to think. "If Miffy doesn't loof around, the Frogadier is a check. As for the Magnemite, I have something in mind. Right Sherlock?" The Slowking letted out a cry thinking the strategy that they came up just for these kinds of pokemon.

"We, coordinators, can be in a great disadvantage since we will open the Winter Cup, and the others can have a view of our pokemon. That's why I'm searching for information." She said at the boy.

"So 10 times 2 is twenty so..." Slade mumbled to himself as he got the pokes from his wallet and handed them to the woman.

"Slade! Look! The matches must have changed while we were inside!"

He looked to see that it was true, the matches had reset but he didn't move groups. Only the people in his groups had changed though one person in particular caught his eyes, one Sissy. He then felt a tug on the sleeve of his shirt. "Oh, yea right, the stalls." Slade said scratching the back of his head, "By the way Danielle, know anything about Sissy? I've battled or at least seen people battle the other two, though I don't know anything about Sissy." He said beginning to head back to stalls with Danielle.

"Well, know thy enemy, I guess..." Mareek said, though even as he said it he recalled who was probably the biggest threat on his roomate's team. "And actually, there's another thing you need to know: look out for Slade's Growlithe, Flare. It's small, but don't underestimate it; Him and Slade make a dangerous team out on the battle field, even more than the Magnemite. Be sure to keep your guard up against it, use caution and be smart about your shots, or else the two of them will run circles around you and put you into a corner before you even know it. I've seen it happen before, hell, even happened to me the first time I battled him. His fighting style might be a bit unorthodox compared to others, but it's by no means anything to brush off..."

"So he has a Growlithe too." Sissy said. "I always make strategies for almost anything. If his Growlithe wants to corner us, then let's see it trying to fly tommorrow." She smiled at the boy. Although she wasn't that sure about the last thing she said.

"Hmm... I haven't seen her battle too much, but we did dorm together when we were in the mountains. Sissy is a coordinator like me, so you could expect some interesting combination attacks from her Pokemon. Her Flaffy doesn't seem to like battling as much as appealing; she always wants to sleep when she is in a battle. Her Misdreavus is friends with Avis but, since she is a Ghost, she can be tricky to deal with. Sissy also has gotten herself a Slowpoke and a Swablu during the trip. I would be more cautious with the Slowpoke, though, since I do believe she evolved it..." Danielle told Slade, saying whatever comes to her mind as she recalled Sissy and her team.

Once they respective stalls could be seen, the first thing Danielle noticed was her two girls laughing and her only male Pokemon looking disgruntled. "Hey, you three. What happened while I was away?" Zared pointed to Pierre while Avis and Corona tried to stifle their giggles. "You too, huh?" Danielle cracked a grin, turning back to the attention-seeker once more to get a better look at him.

"Okay!" Shiro said as he pulled out a poke ball from his pocket. A small Druddigon appeared when he pressed the button, "Sharph, can you help us carry these to the tables? We'll tell you where they are if you need it."

The little dragon nodded.

"Great, thanks. Oh, Robert, Sharph will be able to carry three bowls at a time, one on his head and two in his hands, so feel free to give them to him when you're done."

And that was pretty much when he heard someone's voice calling out to him from the counter. A girl, and... was that Zuko? She knew about him as Henry's roomate, huh? Then, she must've been a friend of Henry's. Anyhow, Shiro turned around and walked up to the counter, wiping his hands by a paper towel as he did so. His guts curled up a bit when he heard she mentioned some stories... What did Henry tell her? "Uhm... yeah, I'm roommates with Henry. Are you his friend?" He glanced at Zuko below him at the counter before looking back up at the girl. "And... what stories?"

Edited by Bfroger6

"Don't let yourself get cocky like that." Mareek warned simply, Java nodding in agreement with his words as he stared at the other student. "It's the quickest path there is to completely being destroyed on the field of battle, trust me. Confidence is fine, but overconfidence will screw you over in the end, Overconfidence leads to complacency and stupid decisions. Don't let yourself underestimate your opponent before you even stand on the opposite side of the field from them, because you may just be in for a nasty surprise when the moves and attacks start flying... and Slade Kafkin is definitely someone who's an excellent example of that." As he spoke he couldn't help but honestly be surprised that he was giving out information like this; hell, here he was, handing this girl basically a complete dossier of Battle Data and Strategic Intel concerning his own Roommate, and he didn't even know the chick... "Well, it's not like I'm really tipping the scales or anything..." He thought to himself, trying to justify it all. "After all, Slade could be doing the exact same thing about her, going around gathering what information he could about the other side... she just got lucky and happened upon someone who knows him and actually pays a lot of attention to details most people would brush off as useless. And besides, all I'm telling her is to look out for how he fights, whether or not the information is any use is dependent on whether or not she's smart enough to remember it all and put it into good use come tomorrow."

"Confidence is fine, but overconfidence will screw you over in the end."

"I'm not that confident at all. I'm more of a realistic. If a bird flies up in the sky, how can a worm catch it?" She replied back at the boy. "From what you say, I need to be very cautious about Slade. I will." She looked up at the sky and then continued. "I'm glad you could help me out Mareek. I owe you one." She smiled at him.

Kenny's Sister:

Ellie eventually came out of the Face Painting Stall, heading over to the Ramen Stand when she spotted her Parents.

Kenny's Parents:

As Jacen spoke, Shauntai came over.

"Yeah, I did come here to see my Son. but yes, the Competition was also a small part of it."

"Why, hello again, Akako. It is such a pleasure to finally be able to catch up on recent events. What's been happening lately? We moved to Ymora five years ago, and that's when we learned about our Son's closest friend, Ryu."

That's when Ellie walked over to the four of them.

"Hey mom, hey dad."

"Ellie! what an pleasant surprise! had we known you were coming, we wou-"

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm not hungry. I had a late and large lunch."

"That would be logical."

Kenny and Co.:

As Kenny and his Team walked around, Kenny and Ryu noticed Kenny's Family, and the five of them headed over, arriving just as Kenny's mom finished saying the word 'Logical'.

"Hey, Mom. Hi, Dad. Hello, Sis."

Kenny's Parents both looked in his direction slightly peculiarly, so Kenny casually glanced in the same direction, and saw that Zorro was Imitating him again. Kenny decided to say nothing on the matter, knowing that his relatives would figure it out. Zorro had never quite managed to get the hang of Transforming, and certain Visual Details, such as his Eye color and him having a Tail, were still retained in his Imitations of Humans. He'd been more skillful at Imitating Pokemon, the only thing he was unable to imitate being Eye Colors, always retaining his own Eye Colors in any form.

Edited by K_H

Parents

"It's nice to see you too, Shauntai. Right here in Ymora, huh? Well that would explain why Will didn't find you. We had even been in Unova a couple of years ago, since Brawly invited us to one of the PWT cups and... Long story short, he stopped off at Virbank, and couldn't find you anywhere near the ranch."

As she finished, they saw as Ellie and Kenny had both made their way here. Initially, they were both shocked at how Kenny and Zoro looked like exact twins, but the suspicion lead to Akako looking around for some difference to find the Zorua-tail poking out. She just let it go, seeing if the boy's own parents would be able to spot the difference. Meanwhile, Will went on to address Jaceb on Kenny. "Hmm, so this is the... Err, THESE are the SON's of yours. Nice to met you two. The name's Will Parkhurst. Or Holmes, since I'm your uncle. I did change my last name to my wife's, but we're family, so it works either way. Anyway, have you met my son Robert by any chance?"

Edited by TurboAura

DarkLight and ExLink

Pierre hadn’t reached his destination yet when his eye suddenly fell on Danielle. He quickly rode over and jumped off the Ponyta. “Bonjour, Mademoiselle, I apologize for the interruption but I saw you from afar and couldn’t resist coming over and admire your beauty from up close.” he kissed her hand and gave her the rose he carried around. “My name is Pierre Deborsu, at your service!” The blond boy completely ignored Slade.

Jory and Azery

Kristen’s loss against Danielle still haunted the redhead. Every time someone, or something, reminded her about the battle her anger rose quickly and she would snap. Unfortunately for poor James he was caught in the crossfire.

“Humpf, please! Like a little boy like you could hurt us!” her face was really close to James’s as she poked him with her finger. “Next time I’ll show you something really scary!”

• Veterans

"Woah,Calm down there.First of all,i'm the same age as you so don't call me a little boy.Secondly,There aint much that can scare someone who has been through both Lavender's Pokemon Tower and the Celestial tower over in Unova.Though you're welcome to try"James said as he looked at Kristen after she poked him."These new matchups are....interesting.I wish you two good luck in this tournament.May the best player win~"He said good naturedly trying to not get Kristen mad again.

Edited by Scub

Henry

"Sometimes words aren't enough to describe something...er Rosie, what's wrong?" Henry looked down at the little Skitty who was pointing towards the exit. "Burrows ran off again...and is with someone else? Dragon? I don't have any dragons so it can't be mine. I should probably go check on him just in case something is about to go down." He slowly started moving before turning back to Raiza. "I'm really sorry about this, but I rarely keep them inside their Poke Balls so this sometimes happens. But I really do appreciate your words of encouragement"

--------------------------------------------------------

Burrows

The Drilbur looked at the Deino quite terrified. He knew they could be dangerous, especially trained ones, but thankfully his dragon neighbors told him what to do if a situation like this were to pop up. He took a few steps back and used his claw to draw a perfect circle around him. Surely this dragon were not able to bypass this ultimate defense system.

--------------------------------------------------------

Citrine

"Oh Henry has told me all kinds of things," Citrine lied. She barely even knew the kid. "Mostly just things you wouldn't want anybody else knowing about, but don't worry, your secrets are safe with me. Now how long before my...our food is ready." Citrine looked at Zuko who was content with her response. "I swear, you're a lot more prideful than you used to be, Zuko."

----------------------------------------------------------

Henry's Dad

The man stood there silently after that slip up. He didn't want to make whatever friendships Henry had here any worse seeing as most people hated him. But his curiousity got the better of him as his son never really talked about his school life. "Becoming the IP is no easy feat as there are many others who are also just as qualified as yourself, but that's something to worry about in years to come. There is something else I'd like to ask. You haven't seen my son Henry lately, have you?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Steve (the Sudowoodo)

The Sudowoodo poorly impersonated a tree as he stood close by Danielle's stand. He saw a boy on a Ponyta and quickly facepalmed himself after seeing such a performance. At this point, he had completely forgotten his main objective was to keep a close eye on Citrine.

Jacob chuckled inwardly at Kristen's reaction to James, feeling somewhat sorry for the other guy for provoking her fiery temper. I'm just glad it's not me, he thought to himself as Kristen poked him hard in the chest. Then, surprisingly, James managed to keep his cool and remain polite. So, he decided to step in before the boy's odd calm managed to fan the flames. "Thanks, James. Good luck! If you end up against one of us, you're going to need it," he said with a grin. He then turned to Kristen. "I'm getting hungry. What do you say we go hunt down some food and see what everyone else is up to?"

Avis, Corona and Zared instantly dropped their previous expressions and looked warily at Pierre as he made his way towards them. Avis, being the ever protective bird, flew to Danielle's shoulder and began to inspect the boy.

"Why, it is no problem at all, Monsieur Deborsu!" Danielle greeted the newcomer, blushing as she did so. She allowed her Murkrow to snatch the rose after she gave a polite sniff. It definitely smelled nice; no wonder most girls like it when their boyfriends sent them a bouquet of these for Valentine's Day. "Danielle Chastain and the Murkrow is Avis, my long time partner. Are you, perhaps, hailing from Kalos? The way you hold yourself reminds me of the people from my hometown, you see~"