Community Upkeep

Amethyst

• Administrators

I feel like I can breathe again! We're cleaning up some stuff, and I just deleted 17000 banned spam accounts. It's feeling roomy in here.

Aside from that we're doing some other general housekeeping stuff I wanna talk about. For one thing, the Community Rules link that is now omnipresent on the side-bar has been updated with both server and forum rules, newly applying all server rules to the forum as well. While this will not be a dramatic change, we have not enforced things like chatspeak restrictions on the forum in the past, whereas we now will.

Accompanying this, we've reworked the warning system on the forum. Previously when warned, a user would gain a 'warning point' which would then stick around until the end of eternity. No more! The warning system has been tailored to our community rules and will award different points based on the offense which will automatically go away after a certain amount of time, also dependent on the offense.

This will be applied to minor trespasses such as double posting as well, but keep in mind, aside from receiving fewer warning points for lesser issues, not all points are created equal. A point for double posting may go away after a couple weeks, but a point for disrespect will be around for a couple months.

So what happens if you get too many points? Well, at 5 points or more, a user is no longer eligible for Ace Member status (and they will lose that status if they already have it). At 9 points you'll be automatically placed on a post-preview for one month, meaning everything you post has to be approved by a forum mod. At 10 points, it is a regrettable game over, and you will be automatically banned. ...But really, hopefully no one goes that far.

All this talk about discipline and punishments may sound iffy, but really this is just organizing a more consistent system. A few light warnings and points might be thrown out for meandering minor issues, but it's not like we as a moderation team are going full-aggro on you, so try not to worry. As a side note, all previous warnings have reset to accommodate this system, so everyone is currently on a clean slate for points.

We also have some good news for Ace Members: As an additional perk, and to accommodate our move to Pokemon Showdown, we will be offering server Voice status (+) to Aces with some other conditions. Voiced users have expanded permissions, such as the ability to speak during moderated chat, access to BreloomBot's miscellaneous commands (not the moderation ones, settle down), and other etc systems, as well as general higher rank and respect in the server environment. Aces, see the Nightclub forum for more details.

Additionally, the PO server has been officially retired. May it rest in sweet peace.

As a parting note:

"darn i thought this would be for episode 14 now im disappointed :c"

As a certain leader would say,

Build a little bridge, and get over it.

• Upvote 3

While this will not be a dramatic change, we have not enforced things like chatspeak restrictions on the forum in the past, whereas we now will.

Mhh... Alright, I´m not gonna write like a total moron anymore ^-^

I´mma k33p watchin´ muh gramma ´n b niec ´n all

I´ll watch my grammar, but I´ll still torture everyone with the comic sans font and colors ;)

So what happens if you get too many points? Well, at 5 points or more, a user is no longer eligible for Ace Member status (and they will lose that status if they already have it). At 9 points you'll be automatically placed on a post-preview for one month, meaning everything you post has to be approved by a forum mod. At 10 points, it is a regrettable game over, and you will be automatically banned. ...But really, hopefully no one goes that far.

With 10 points, that sounds like a fair and reasonable system. Screw up 10 times - You´re out. That´s alright. I´m going to be a good boy (nah, not really. But I´m not going to collect points...)

We also have some good news for Ace Members: As an additional perk, and to accommodate our move to Pokemon Showdown, we will be offering server Voice status (+) to Aces with some other conditions. Voiced users have expanded permissions, such as the ability to speak during moderated chat, access to BreloomBot's miscellaneous commands (not the moderation ones, settle down), and other etc systems, as well as general higher rank and respect in the server environment. Aces, see the Nightclub forum for more details.

Well, how does someone become an Ace Member anyway? Just curious ;3

"darn i thought this would be for episode 14 now im disappointed :c"

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Mhh... Alright, I´m not gonna write like a total moron anymore ^-^ I´mma k33p watchin´ muh gramma

I´ll watch my grammar, but I´ll still torture everyone with the comic sans font and colors ;)

Fair.....I guess.....mumblemumble

With 10 points, that sounds like a fair and reasonable system. Screw up 10 times - You´re out. That´s alright. I´m going to be a good boy (nah, not really. But I´m not going to collect points...)

It's not about screwing up ten times. There are some offenses that warrent more than 1 warning point. The safety net is just a bit smaller. Still isn't unreasonable.

Donations, Reaching 500 posts and purchasing it in the site shop, or having beaten the Reborn League when it was in circulation (three most noteable methods, and most recognized.)

Oh, thank you very much. Well, it´s still a long way, but I better start up collecting rupees from now on ^-^"

Mhh... Alright, I´m not gonna write like a total moron anymore ^-^ I´mma k33p watchin´ muh gramma

Fair.....I guess.....mumblemumble

It's not about screwing up ten times. There are some offenses that warrent more than 1 warning point. The safety net is just a bit smaller. Still isn't unreasonable.

Donations, Reaching 500 posts and purchasing it in the site shop, or having beaten the Reborn League when it was in circulation (three most noteable methods, and most recognized.)

Hey, if even I got no problems with that, everyone´s going to be like a sweet, sweet angel;3

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

"Build a little bridge, and get over it."

But I have no building skills what so ever. How do you expect me to build something as complicated as a bridge? Like, I didn't grow up ever wanting to build bridges, but if Reborn is right on the other side of where I need to get to, I will build bridges until I die >:I

"Build a little bridge, and get over it."

But I have no building skills what so ever. How do you expect me to build something as complicated as a bridge? Like, I didn't grow up ever wanting to build bridges, but if Reborn is right on the other side of where I need to get to, I will build bridges until I die >:I

no building skills

Dude, time to level up your crafting-level. How do you expect to get anywhere if it´s that low? Try building some chairs first, that´ll increase your skill. Then do tables. Then to big tables, like the big round ones. Then one day you´ll be able to build a wooden bridge leading to wherever you wanna go.

Dude, time to level up your crafting-level. How do you expect to get anywhere if it´s that low? Try building some chairs first, that´ll increase your skill. Then do tables. Then to big tables, like the big round ones. Then one day you´ll be able to build a wooden bridge leading to wherever you wanna go.

... ugh but levelling construction is a paaaain :c

darn i thought this would be for episode 14. i am sad now.

time to play solo queue i guess.

also the cool kids leveled up crafting before everyone else on 07scape and profited off of it.

Edited by Nails