The Showdown Shows Up!

Amethyst

• Administrators

It's happening~~~

Reborn's Showdown server is up and ready for action! You can find it linked from both the site and forums, as well as at http://reborn.psim.us/ or http://www.pokemonreborn.com/battle/

It'll be the the same old Reborn, but on a brand new system. It may take some adjusting for veterans of PO (jk I've been on PO for four years now and this is an easy change)- but it's also bringing with it a bit of new functionality.

For instance-- permanent rooms! We're handling this a bit differently since, once created, rooms won't just go away. Anyone is free to buy themselves a ticket to their own permanent room of choice and ownership thereof, available now from the Site Shop. But that isn't the only thing Showdown's bringing to the counter-- also in the shop, you can now purchase a completely custom avatar for yourself to use on our showdown server! This can be from your Trainer Card, one you made yourself, or something else entirely!

To accommodate Showdown's debut in Reborn, the Site Shop has been absolutely loaded up for both of these deals, but there is still the chance that the goods will go fast, so snag yours before the going's gone, and join us on the server now.

I will keep the PO server up for a few days more but once everything is stable and set to transition, it will be going to sleep for good.

Also huge shout-out to Kupo of The Battle Tower and Sciz of PokemonDB.net's Showdown Server! They were both a huge help in getting this set up.

• Upvote 5

Yaaay ^^ I´ll surely show up there some day ^^

Haven´t been on the PO-Server for a long time, dunno why. And now Pokemon Showdown, something else I´ve got no idea about xD

Just asking, but...

This can be from your Trainer Card, one you made yourself, or something else entirely!

To accommodate Showdown's debut in Reborn, the Site Shop has been absolutely loaded up for both of these deals, but there is still the chance that the goods will go fast, so snag yours before the going's gone, and join us on the server now.

..does this mean we can edit the avatar on the trainer card again? And make new trainer cards?

Cuz mine´s very outdated ^^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

• Administrators

..does this mean we can edit the avatar on the trainer card again? And make new trainer cards?

Cuz mine´s very outdated ^^

Afraid not. I wish. It would be super cool if that were the case. BUT, I do have another leader for someone who can potentially fix the generators, so I haven't given up yet.

• Administrators

Edited first post-- forgot to thank Kupo and Sciz who were both paramount in getting this going, and also clarification on room ownership-- the channel item also gives the purchaser room ownership.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be a really stupid question...

But can someone explain the process of making a trainer card?

I would greatly appreciate it!

It'd be better to ask this in the Grand Hall, but IIRC the trainer card and trainer sprite shop are not functioning properly right now. It's somewhat irrelevant anyways since the League which the correlated to are no longer active anymore.

Oh, okay. Thanks!

So I have another dumb question if you don't mind.

Is there a certain signup process for the Reborn League?

The Reborn League died months ago. It's no longer active. There is the Excessum League which is pretty cool in it's own right, but not quite what the Reborn League was around here.

You should introduce yourself in the Grand Hall, give us a chance to get to know you.