Help with the Battle against El (Spoilers)

Lord Chespin

So, I could use a little help: am I supposed to actually defeat El? His battle seems a lot like the first battle with Solaris: one really powerful, overleveled Pokémon that can sweep your team with barely any effort and heal off any damage it might take. And yet, when I lost the battle with it I blacked out instead of a cutscene playing. Was this a fake-out, or do I really have to beat him? And if I do have to beat him, are there any tips anybody could give me for taking him out? Any help I could get would be appreciated!

1. It depends on whether you sided with El or Radomus. El=you can lose. Radomus=you have to win.

Really? I didn't knew this....

Thanks! I'll be sure to get a Mgnezone ready. I'm really appreaciative!

There is a Focus Sash in that cave where you first encounter Solaris (The Grand Stairway cave)

That's what I use to defeat him...

Edited by Smok3iT

I used scolipede with toxic, protect, baton pass and speed boost for this. Toxic made the ai heal itself repeatedly while I got off one speedboost to my gallade, who with the toxic damage OHKOd it with close combat

I used a Prankster Purrloin who knew Sand Attack. 6 Sand Attacks, and Arceus's attack never hit me once. Alakazam finished him off afterwards.

But yeah. The downside of this is obviously the tremendous amount of luck required.

PS I'm curious about this 'Jesus' too... how so is it linked to Terra?

I think i just bulldoze and sturdy to slow Arceus down. then laid a curse on him, detect, to make the curse hit sometimes. finishing with Hammer Arm. K.O. No items in use, that's my deal. But just think and try till you got it. But you should take Arceus down. More fun that way.

Solaris is the hard one to beat, as you don't have many options to use (didn't. now in ep13 you can get Mamoswine). By the time you reach El, you can do one of the above, or...
Quick Claw Destiny Bond Cofagrigus. (band and sash also work, but why lose your sash)
(btw Cofagrigus can live a fire fang from Solaris's Garchomp, before cursing)

He also has full restores. I suppose you mean he wasted them too.
I believe Cottonee is back into the game, so with Prankster you can use that leech seed it has and another guy with sturdy (preferably a lvl4 Pineco), who will go max HP after the seed.

I had to spam 3 stun spores using my roserade . She was holding focus band. I did reset many times for focus band to work and also three stun spores not to miss .Then my scrafty finished it with hi jump kicks. Phew!! it was time killing.