The Shrouded Islands -Poke-people RPG (OOC thread) REGISTRATIONS OPEN

grasssnake485

Registrations are open! Two spots left!

Nothing ^w^

But honestly, Aqua, Ruby, where are you gaiz. Been missing you.

You are a Pokemon trainer and one of the few Poke-people left in the world. The poke-people are a rare "species" of humans with the power to merge with a pokemon they have formed a bond with, and use fairly advanced magic tapped from the magic energy that their bodies produce. Now, purebred poke-people are a rarity, and probably the only ones left are the ones to have survived the great battle with Team Shadow. The series of islands this place is located at are - or used to be - a pokemon paradise, where even legendaries frequent. And along with the islands, Team Shadow's true goals remain shrouded in mystery. Emerald, the village's leader, is now calling the scattered remains of her father's kingdom back, along with new recruits to defend against Team Shadow's rebirth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miscellaneous info that you may or may not need to know..(will be updated in a few days)

About Poke-People...

Poke-people are a.. you could say a mutation of humans, however they are a totally different species. Their most special ability, is to be able to link and merge with a pokemon, transforming into a half human, half pokemon appearance, along with the pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. They:

- Can only link once the pokemon has evolved once (or level 25 if the pokemon doesn't have any evolutions)
- Can have up to five links at any given time, 4 common pokemon, and one legendary.
- Have an unlimited movepool; but make it realistic, a fire type cant just spit out a water type move. (unless your character has mastered the skill of dual linking[rare and difficult skill, took Alina *3 years* to master] and the other link is water or ice type)
- Can recruit other pokemon for assistance in battle, but the limit is three, and like in the ranger games, they leave after a while.
- Have two stages of transformation, one is human-like, the other is "fully pokemon".

Leveling and Evolution rules:
1. Your pokemon can raise total five levels per day. Meaning, each pokemon can be raised one level each in a full team, or five levels to one pokemon, or however you would like to split it up.
2.You have to beat 3 pokemon to be able to level up once, regardless of the opponent's levels.
3. You can evolve once you reach the required level, but you can choose to not let the pokemon evolve.
4. Mega Evolutions will be made available somewhere in chapter 3

About the Pokecademy...

The Pokecademy is actually three buildings in one. It has the academy, the village leader's office, and the HQ of the village's defense force. The forests around the academy hold a variety of wild pokemon. The academy itself has 4 floors, 3 for students, and the fourth is for the guards only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules~ (I know you hate them but they have to be made)
1.Please star out (at least one letter) cussing.
2.No overly violent/intimate posts.
3.No killing other characters, unless you have permission.
4.Please ask me before you let your character do anything possible plot-changing/get a legendary/kill a character.
5.No power playing/metagaming/bunnying/godmoding. Please message me if you would like an explanation
6. I decide the outcome of NPC battles, control the time/weather and major events.
7. If you want a pic with your character, please do not use any images that do not belong to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fill out this form if you want to join!

Username:
Character name:
Personality:
appearance:
Other: (optional)
Pic: (optional)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Characters

Alina, female
Partner pokemon:
Giwira (serp)
Maple Leaves(serp)
Night Ivy(serp)
Stardust (gardevoir)
Lucy (Lucario)
ThunderonmyRight (Zebstrika)
Sand Dollar (lapras)
Arceus
Personality: Alina is fiercely loyal to her friends and older sister, and is willing to protect the entire village with her life if necessary. She might seem unsociable and an outcast at first glance, but inside she is a very caring person. Though she is an offensive monster, she is fairly weak when it comes to defense.
Height: 162 cm
Likes: sweet food, clothes that give her a large range of movement

Emerald, female
Partner pokemon:
Rayquaza (87) Skye
Roserade (71,M)
Flygon (94, M) Riku
Altairia (88, F)
Zebstrika (72, F)
Personality: Emerald is cold and calculating, which makes her a powerful leader, especially in battle. She isnt hesitant to make sacrifices, and is more than willing to punish people if they break rules.
Height: 169 cm
Dislikes: immaturity in general, people who dont pay attention to rules(Emerald reserves the right to take a legendary pokemon away from you if you dont follow rules) the list goes on.
~~

Grace (female)
Partner Pokemon: (see first post of latest chapter for most updated profile)
Personality: Bookworm and know it all, but Grace never hesitates to help people in need, especially if its "intelligence" related.

Attached files are lists of the areas where you can encounter pokemon and what legendaries are available. Underlined legendaries are reserved. The other file is a general map of the area.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before deciding wether or not to hop in (it is 3 AM in the night here, so I will decide and post my application tomorrow regardless), I need to ask one question: what are the rules in terms of power level? Can we pick whatever Pokemon we may possibly desire, or are there limitations in regard of legendaries/pseudo-legendaries/whatever? Must we start at a specific level or are we free on this regard? Must we start with unevolved Pokemon or can we go straight for the big ones? Do the ranks influence such aspects?

Also, what are the differences between being a member of the Village or Team Shadow, aside from the fact that you are good or evil respectively? Are there exclusive Pokemon/moves/abilities/whatever to each?

Before deciding wether or not to hop in (it is 3 AM in the night here, so I will decide and post my application tomorrow regardless), I need to ask one question: what are the rules in terms of power level? Can we pick whatever Pokemon we may possibly desire, or are there limitations in regard of legendaries/pseudo-legendaries/whatever? Must we start at a specific level or are we free on this regard? Must we start with unevolved Pokemon or can we go straight for the big ones? Do the ranks influence such aspects?

Also, what are the differences between being a member of the Village or Team Shadow, aside from the fact that you are good or evil respectively? Are there exclusive Pokemon/moves/abilities/whatever to each?

Sorry about that, ill clear that up tomorrow, its 11PM where i live ^^"

Anyway, Im pretty sure that i mentioned that you can start with any two pokemon (including gen6 & DW, but not legendaries) And you start at the level specified for your class at the highest evolution possible for that level.

Edited by grasssnake485

Well it is a pity this roleplay is not taking off, I really think it might be cool...

Oh well, I guess a strong bad guy will be needed for this idea to take over, so I'd like to apply for Storm: if it is ok for you I will proceed to create a proile for him... Have I to stick with the sample team you provided or I can expand on that? Because there is this new Legendary, Yveltal, whose ability seems just great for anything Dark-oriented... As a matter of fact, I was hoping to use my Aruma character in this RP as a positive character AND use Yveltal for her, but well, Legendaries are (rihtfully) limited and this place needs a villain... So yeah, just let me know if I can freely expand on Storm's team, and if I can include Yveltal!

Again, I am interested in playing Shimmer; never played a villain role before. That said, I'd rather not jump in on this until there's a higher level of interest.

Higher level of interest is spreaded by people jumping in! We should definitely do something to advertise this one, also because in the other RP I realized you and me think alike on many regards, and we would make for a very interesting villain duo ;)

Higher level of interest is spreaded by people jumping in! We should definitely do something to advertise this one, also because in the other RP I realized you and me think alike on many regards, and we would make for a very interesting villain duo ;)

I think a more eye-catching title would be a good start. "Poke-people RPG" provokes more of a "wtf" reaction than a "hmmmmm" one.

I seriously think that the bad guys should all be about Yveltal, with the boss owning the Destruction Pokemon and the minions focusing on... I don't know, being powered up by its ability, or something like that... Similarly, the good guys should be all about Xerneas, who should be the trusted partner of the boss of the good guys and help the others with its ability. I believe that a focus on this upcoming Gen 6 would get people interested in this RP much more! Besides, Gen 6 is just about to be released, so we will soon get infos to carry on this concept...

Well it is a pity this roleplay is not taking off, I really think it might be cool...

Oh well, I guess a strong bad guy will be needed for this idea to take over, so I'd like to apply for Storm: if it is ok for you I will proceed to create a proile for him... Have I to stick with the sample team you provided or I can expand on that? Because there is this new Legendary, Yveltal, whose ability seems just great for anything Dark-oriented... As a matter of fact, I was hoping to use my Aruma character in this RP as a positive character AND use Yveltal for her, but well, Legendaries are (rihtfully) limited and this place needs a villain... So yeah, just let me know if I can freely expand on Storm's team, and if I can include Yveltal!

Yeah, you can use Yveltal in his team instead of Darkrai, and also yes, you can use up to 2 other pokemon on his team. But please dont replace Zoroark, that was the basis of his design!

I think a more eye-catching title would be a good start. "Poke-people RPG" provokes more of a "wtf" reaction than a "hmmmmm" one.

Lol yeah, how about "Pokemon RPG: Race to the legendaries"? Dunno, im terrible with names X'D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm interested. Let me think a bit about my team and character. I'll likely use a modified version of Sarcus.
By the way, I would make this the OOC thread and make an IC thread; it's easier to follow RP that isn't broken up with 3 OOC posts in between every IC one.

Character Profiles

Alina

Username: grasssnake485 (NPC)

Alina, female
Partner pokemon:
Serperior (93, F) Giwira (retired, barely used)
Serperior (73, F) Maple

Lucario (61, M) Seishin

Flygon (60, M) Ryuumaru
Arceus (barely used)

Personality: Alina is fiercely loyal to her friends and older sister, and is willing to protect the entire village with her life if necessary. She might seem unsociable and an outcast at first glance, but inside she is a very caring person. Though she is an offensive monster, she is fairly weak when it comes to defense, often relying on Kasumi to cover her back.

Description:
Height: 162 cm
Hobbies: hanging out in high places, training…
Likes: sweet food, clothes that give her a large range of movement
Dislikes: seeing her team get hurt, Team Shadow

Crush: Guys. Appeal to her. She and her sister are the strongest in the village. :P
Alina used to have a crush on Storm, the Team Shadow leader, but he left the village so he could have power, and that wish came true when the team elected him as the team leader.

Other: Alina is the younger sister of Emerald, they're both orphans, she's the new leader of the serpent sisters team consisting of Alina with Serperior, Sakura with Arbok, Emerald(formerly) with Rayquaza, and Kasumi with Milotic.

Alina is surprisingly highly skilled in swordsmanship, and can easily dual wield Leaf Blade and her own sword in both serperior and human form.

Battle theme

Rival theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

Emerald

Username: grasssnake485 (NPC)

Emerald, female
Partner pokemon:
Rayquaza (67) Skye
Roserade (21,M)
Volclarona(49,F)

Personality: Emerald is cold and calculating, which makes her a powerful leader, especially in battle. She isnt hesitant to make sacrifices, and is more than willing to punish people if they break rules. She would rather continue on if a teammate gets too badly hurt and abandon them than worry about her teammate and ditch the mission.

Description:
Height: 169 cm
Hobbies: Drawing, but she doesnt have any time to since she's leader.
Likes: Talking with Alina, the only person she trusts now.
Dislikes: immaturity in general, people who dont pay attention to rules(Emerald reserves the right to take a legendary pokemon away from you if you dont follow rules)… the list goes on.

Crush: Emerald doesnt give a cr@p about love.

Other: Emerald is one of the few remaining pokepeople from the war. She used a spell that would grant anybody with pokepoeple blood immortality as long as they stay within the borders of the city. Though she seems strong, inside, she is almost an emotional wreck, revealing those thoughts only to Alina.

Battle theme

Rival theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxz3snVovDU

Grace

Username: grasssnake485

Grace (female)

Team

Angel-Dratini F Lv19 Ability: Multiscale

Sakura-Floette F Lv 21 Ability: Flower Veil (wow. completely useless)

Guardian-Honedge M Lv 20 Ability: No Guard

Future members:

Hikari-Chimchar F Lv 1 Ability: Blaze

Fluffy-Ampharos M Lv 46 Ability: static

Auroron-Amaura Lv 40 Ability: refrigerate

Personality: Grace tends to act like a know-it-all, but never hesitates to help people in need.

Description:

Height: 147 cm

Hobbies: Singing

Dislikes: poison types, fire types

Crush: Sarcus

Other: Grace was the Champion of Kalos for about two years, but resigned to restart her career when she heard that the Pokecademy was accepting more trainers.

Spells: Thunderstorm (offensive), Healing (able to heal minor cuts and woulds, stop bleeding in bigger ones), Air barrier (offensive), Fairy Wings (offensive)

Skills: Accuracy: 4, Speed: -- Power: --

Battle theme

Rival theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

Sarcus

[pic]

Username: KingMurdoc

Character name & gender: Sarcus (Male)
Affiliation: Village
Team:

Primary members:

[pic]
Gallant (Gallade, M), level 21, Justified

[pic]
Absolution (Absol, M), level 22, Pressure

[pic]
Blues (Pawniard, M), level 21, Defiant

[pic]
Metang (Metang, X), level 21, Clear Body

Secondary/passive members:
Chomp (Gible, F), level 9, Sand Veil

Future members:

Salamence, Moxie (M)

Spells: Kinetic enhancement (psychic), thought insertion (psychic), aura beam (offensive), dragon's fang (offense)

Skills: Speed -, Accuracy 3, Power -

Personality: A bit withdrawn and asocial at first. He's good at being serious, but dislikes doing so all of the time. He's quick to anger, and (usually) calms down fairly quickly. If he doesn't, he holds grudges. Highly intelligent and very proud, a sure way to get on his nerves quickly is to insult his intelligence. Once he allows himself to get to know people, he's very easygoing, though sometimes he's offensive without realizing it. If he's got something to say, he usually has many more things to say after that. He relates better to Pokemon than other people.

Description: A bit taller than average (5'11"), with long blonde hair that tends to get slightly unkempt. He never ties it back, preferring to let it flow over his shoulders and down his back. Usually wears brown, black, or khaki cargo pants with a white T-shirt, an unbuttoned shirt, and a jacket or coat depending on the weather. Slate gray eyes.

Standard battle theme

Rival battle theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

Jake

Username: Absol-lutely awesome!

Battle theme

Rival theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

Orpha

Username: Acquiescence

Character name & gender: Orpha, female

Partner pokemon: Mawile (10, F) Ralts (10, F)
Personality: Shy, quiet, easily flustered, sadistic. Chaotic Neutral alignment. Yandere.
Description: Enjoys reading, writing, gaming and planning how to brutally kill people in her free time. Has long, black hair in a hime cut and dark-brown eyes. In terms of attire, wears a sky-blue Spaghetti-strap blouse with a white A-line miniskirt and a white jacket over her blouse. Prefers to wear 3-inch pumps at formal occasions, but normally wears a pair of sky-blue flats.
Crush: Grace

Other: N/A

Battle theme

Rival theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

Sonny

Username: Jory

Team:

Tuatara- Heliolisk (F), level 55

Rayleigh- Sawsbuck (M) (Summer antlers), level 55

Harvey- Girafarig (M) level 35

Nemea- Litleo25

Username: Jory

Character name & gender: Sonny (Male)

Future members:

Maverick (Staraptor, M)

Sloth (Snorlax, M)

Regigigas

Spells: Illusions (Illusion), Concussion Blast (Offensive), Flame Blast (Offensive), Frenzy (Illusion), Berserker's Rage (Offensive)

Personality: Warm, loyal, and accessible, but a bit of a trickster.

Height: 5'10"

Dislikes: Team Shadow

Crush: Alina

Other: Emerald is the only person aside from Sonny who knows how long he's been in the Village of Clouds. He uses exclusively Normal-types, but loves all Pokemon regardless of type.

Sonny is skilled in the use of Offensive Magic and is descended from a line of Berserkers, Poke-People who employ physical boosting magic through the Offensive branch instead of the Psychic branch. This can occasionally cause them to lose control in battle, although the presence of friends helps curb this effect.

Sonny's weapon of choice is a hand-and-a-half sword called "Necessity." It is a simple arming blade forged in a manner similar to that used for katana. He prefers to use his fists, but will draw his sword if the need arises. Emerald and Alina are the only two in the village who have seen him wield his blade. Sonny often employs his offensive magic and his Pokemon's abilities to add additional strength to the blade.

Skills: I have no idea what these are for.

Battle theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj8lmzUTVys

Serious battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djn9ErGKcPg

Maximus

Character name & gender: Maximus (M)
Partner pokemon(pokemon, level, gender, nickname):

Tiberius (Arcanine, 25, M, Intimidate)

Remia (Mightyena, 18, F, Moxie)

Ignatius (Combusken, 19, M, Blaze)

Argentia (Aron, 18, F, Rock Head))
Personality: Maximus is energetic and outgoing, and is nigh incapable of taking things seriously. He tends to be a little too trusting of people, and isn't the greatest in school; however, he's excellent at history. He's very athletic and a hard worker, and is generally slow to anger. Max, despite being outgoing, isn't particularly confident, and he's sensitive about his appearance; particularly his height.
appearance: 5'4", dark hair, bright green eyes. He has fairly thick hair that is just under shoulder length. He has a strong build. He usually wears fairly plain clothes.

Battle theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ZIqx5JZU8

Rival theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_77g2l4pBY

Serious battle theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzOIUVZxZo

Character theme

Tamara

Name: Tamara (Tami)

Pokemon: Beautifly(F, 21,Prisma), Pichu (M,19, Plasma) Bayleef (M,22, Petallia)

Tami is a happy-go-lucky teen who prefers pokemon companions over lots of friends. She has a couple of close friends, but not many. Tami is very nature-centered, and DOES NOT support using trees as target practice. As a long-range expert, Tami is not skilled in close range defense.

Magic classes: Illusion and Psychic

Mastered spells: invisibility, telekinesis, teleportation, and telepathy.

Skills: archery, knife throwing

Battle theme

Rival theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

Harry

Name: Harry

Pokemon: Scraggy (m,22 Mohawk) Larvesta(f, 21, Star) Larvitar (M, 18, Tera), Noibat, (F, 20, Josephine[dont ask])

Harry is a VERY competitive battler, and he is always trying to learn form his losses. Needless to say, he tries his best to coordinate his pokemon's moves and abilities.

Magic classes: Offensive and psychic

Mastered spells: Fire Barrier, Dark prison, telepathy, Dragon Fang

Skills: Good 'ol kung fu.

Battle theme

Rival theme

Serious battle theme

Character theme

Edited by KingMurdoc

K I find this pretty interesting.

Name: Jake

Appearance: tall and slender blue-gray eyed blonde boy.

Personality: quiet, mostly mute yet oddly quick to anger. Protects all he loves and believes team shadows motives are very misplaced.

Links: (normals) absol, gallade, hydreigon,zangoose. (Legendary) lugia

Username: KingMurdoc
Character name & gender: Sarcus (Male)
Partner pokemon(pokemon, level, gender, nickname): Absolution (Absol, male), level 10; Gallant (Ralts, male), level 10

Personality: A bit withdrawn and asocial at first. He's good at being serious, but dislikes doing so all of the time. He's quick to anger, and (usually) calms down fairly quickly. If he doesn't, he holds grudges. Highly intelligent and very proud, a sure way to get on his nerves quickly is to insult his intelligence. Once he allows himself to get to know people, he's very easygoing, though sometimes he's offensive without realizing it. If he's got something to say, he usually has many more things to say after that. He relates better to Pokemon than other people.

Description: A bit taller than average (5'11"), with long blonde hair that tends to get slightly unkempt. He never ties it back, preferring to let it flow over his shoulders and down his back. Usually wears brown, black, or khaki cargo pants with a white T-shirt, an unbuttoned shirt, and a jacket or coat depending on the weather. Slate gray eyes.

By the way, what's with the restriction on same-sex relationships? It doesn't really matter to me, but seems a bit unneeded.

Also, I swear to Arceus that I'm not copying that Absol-utely guy.

Edited by KingMurdoc

Sarcus crested a hill overlooking the Academy and stopped for a moment to enjoy the view. Instead of following the fairly ponderous tour of the facilities, he had taken the first opportunity to explore the wilderness around the Academy. After all, it paid to get to know what Pokemon were found in the area, and being cooped up in a boat all the way from Slateport had left him aching both literally and figuratively for an opportunity to stretch his legs in solitude. Battles were discouraged aboard ships; blasts of fire and other such things tended to reduce the lifespans of both the vessel and those aboard it. As a precaution, they hadn't allowed Trainers to let their Pokemon out, and since no trainees at the Academy could use pokeballs, he had been stuck in a cabin with three other people and his two pokemon, the reserved Absolution and the rather shy and ironically named Gallant. He sighed in contentment, before starting forward once again. He moved onto the road, as the terrain around the Academy was rather rough from the training that went on around it. The gravel crunched under his feet, in comparison to the light steps of both of his partners. As he approached the Academy gate, the guard called out to him in a gravelly voice. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm Sarcus. I'm a new student here." He fumbled around in his pockets, searching for his Trainer Card.

"Why didn't you come in an hour ago with the rest of the new students?"

"Has it been that long? D***. Oh, here's my card. See? I'm supposed to be here."

"Go on in," the guard said. "Your teachers probably won't be happy with you, though."

(Teachers or something can pick up here.)

Hmmm interesting... A book about the history of poke-people... Page one uhh- *blazing hole is shot through book* Travis really? (Travis is a bully, after all what normal life doesn't have a bully) (me) Travis I swear if you don't stop I might have to dragon pulse you. (Travis) I'm not afraid of some little dragon pulse, I've got a charizard link. So I can use fire blast. Which could destroy your wimpy "dragon pulse"....( me) but I have a lugia link too... Eat hydro pump *sprays a blast of water sending Travis flying) (Travis) ILL GET YOU FOR THIS! (Me) pffttt! *gets a new book to read and starts reading.

Sorry about that, ill clear that up tomorrow, its 11PM where i live ^^"

Anyway, Im pretty sure that i mentioned that you can start with any two pokemon (including gen6 & DW, but not legendaries) And you start at the level specified for your class at the highest evolution possible for that level.

Hmmm interesting... A book about the history of poke-people... Page one uhh- *blazing hole is shot through book* Travis really? (Travis is a bully, after all what normal life doesn't have a bully) (me) Travis I swear if you don't stop I might have to dragon pulse you. (Travis) I'm not afraid of some little dragon pulse, I've got a charizard link. So I can use fire blast. Which could destroy your wimpy "dragon pulse"....( me) but I have a lugia link too... Eat hydro pump *sprays a blast of water sending Travis flying) (Travis) ILL GET YOU FOR THIS! (Me) pffttt! *gets a new book to read and starts reading.

((Please read the rules of the RP. Please. And while you're at it, please write in paragraph form.))

*sitting in class*

I had just come to this place. Not what I had really expected. I thought it would be all fun and games and explosions and reading. Instead I'm sitting here listening to a teacher about amulets. I found a dumb amulet when I was 5 so what.

Oh boy here comes the teacher.

"So jake what's step one to amulet linking?"

(Me) yes uh it's uhhhmmm

(Teacher) -_- *walks away*

(Me) forget this I'm going to the restroom. Maybe truant. I hate this school. Leaving. Wait it I leave then the teacher will find out...

We'll I'm screwed. I guess it's dumb class all day... *carelessly opens a book ignoring important lessons*