Fire Emblem On The Forums: Excalibur [OOC/Recruitment]

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

• 2 weeks later...

Infernus Team Level-Up (Trainee Level 3&4)

Rai.png

Juliett:

3. HP, Str, Spd
4. HP, Str, Res, Spd

e8lyFtM.png

Owena:

3. HP, Str, Def, Res, Spd
4. HP, Def, Spd

IvWPJvS.png

Arissell:

3. Mag, Luk, Spd
4. Mag, Luk, Res, Spd

JVTYdMf.png

Brinda:

3. HP, Mag, Skl, Def, Res
4. HP, Mag, Def, Spd

A6W3Wes.png

Galen:

3. HP, Mag, Luk, Def, Spd
4. Str, Def

CUTE_HAT.png

Vivi:

3. HP, Str, Spd
4. Str, Mag, Spd

B6XPwRM.png

Trainee Level 3: HP, SKL, DEF, RES

Trainee Level 4: MAG, LCK, RES

Blodeuyn_t.png

Trainee Level 3: MAG, SKL, SPD

Trainee Level 4: MAG, SKL, LCK

pQ2sFFj.png

Trainee Level 3: HP, STR, SKL, 

Trainee Level 4:  STR, RES

cLXDy87.png

Trainee Level 3:  HP, STR, LCK, SPD,

Trainee Level 4:  HP, LCK, DEF, 

mpREK4E.png

Trainee Level 3:  DEF, SPD

Trainee Level 4:  HP, STR, SPD

Lucan.png

Trainee Level 3:  HP, MAG, DEF, RES, SPD

Trainee Level 4:  HP, SKL, SPD,

• 3 weeks later...

Reeve.png

“The shadows are no place for a mage of my caliber. I refuse to sit around and watch this chapter of history pass by without joining in, for my name is Reeve Von Anextra Polyion the Third, and by my title as youngest daughter of the Polyion line and a noble of New Avalon, I shall stand by Nicolos and his dream!"

Reeve_Sweat.png

"… Once I find him.”

Reeve Application sheet for Infernus

Spoiler

Name: Reeve Von Anextra Polyion III

Class: Dark Trainee -> Necromancer-> Summoner
Character Skill: Vengeance (Free)
Affinity: TBD

Personal Flaw: Overconfident: If Reeve is over 50% of their Max HP, -15 Evade.
Personal Skill: Shattered Wall: If the target is over 50% of their Max HP, Reeve gains +2 DMG during combat
/Personal Skill: Hidden Heart: If an ally is reduced to 0 HP, Reeve has +5% chance of triggering Vengeance their next combat.
//Personal Skill: Eclipsing Shadow: If Reeve has attacked the previous turn, she gains +10 Crit during combat.

Preferred Stats: Skill, Magic

Weapon Proficiency: Dark (E)-> Druidic (C), Dark (D) -> Druidic (S), Dark (B)

Level: 1
Total Level: 
Progression Spent: (330/330%)

Initial Stats: 
HP: 18 (60%) (+4) (2 points)
STR: 0 (0%)
MAG: 5 (60%) (+1)
SKL: 5 (50%)
LCK: 0 (40%)
DEF: 0 (30%) (+1)
RES: 3 (50%) 
SPD: 3 (40%)

MOV: 4
CON: 5
AID: 4

Starting Weapon: Flux

• 2 weeks later...

Kirizika by ninjacyndaquil

"The only way forward is through destruction. This is my faith that fuels the light with which I shall purge the tiranny and the blue haired hag of Glacius."

Name: Kirizika

Class: Light Trainee -> Huntress -> Battle Mage
Character Skill: Adept
Personal Flaw: Hesitant Purge - When opponent can't counterattack, -10 Hit
Personal Skill: Ruthless Purge - When initiating combat, deals +2 damage
Personal Skill: ---
Promotion Personal Skill: ---

Preferred Stats: Magic, Luck

Weapon Proficiency: Light (E)

Level: 1
Total Level: 1

Progression Spent: 300%

HP: 16 [40%]
STR: 0 [40%] +1 -> 1
MAG: 4 [60%] +1 -> 5
SKL: 3 [50%] +1 -> 4
LCK: 3 [50%] +1 -> 4
DEF: 1 [15%]
RES: 4 [25%]
SPD: 4 [20%]

MOV: 4
CON: 4
AID: 3

Inventory: ---

• 1 month later...

Mercia

HP, MAG, SKL, LCK, RES, SPD

Promotion Bonuses: HP +2 MAG +1 SKL +2 LUK +1 RES +3 SPD +1 CON +1 AID +1 MOV +1

Blodeuyn

HP, DEF, RES

Promotion Bonuses: HP +1 MAG +1 SKL +2 LUK +1 DEF +1 RES +1 SPD +1 CON +2 AID +2 MOV +1

Gwyn

STR, MAG, RES

Promotion Bonuses: HP +2 STR +2 SKL +1 DEF +1 CON +4 AID +4 MOV +1

Candide

STR, DEF, RES, SPD

Promotion Bonuses: HP +1 MAG +2 LUK +2 RES +2 SPD +2 CON +1 AID +1 MOV +1

Neve:

STR, SPD

Promotion Bonuses: HP+2 STR+1 SKL+2 SPD+2 CON+3 AID+3 MOV+1

Lucan

HP, STR, MAG

Promotion Bonuses: HP+1 STR+1 MAG+1 SKL+1 DEF+1 RES+2 SPD+1 CON+2 AID+2 MOV+1

ijtFlXV.png

"Well, at least I'm improving somewhat..."

Mercia promotes to Emissary (Nun)!
Preferred Stats: Resistance, Skill
Weapon Proficiencies: Light (D), Staff (D)
Personal Skill: Gentle Words (If Mercia is within three spaces of three allies, +10 Hit/Evasion.)
Skill: Levitation
Faith (Instead of attacking, the Nun can reduce their number of counterattacks by 1 for one Enemy Phase (this can mean 0 counter attacks). During this time, all enemy attack and critical rolls made against them must be rolled a second time, and the higher (less favorable) result is used.)
Bonuses: +2 HP, +1 MAG, +2 SKL, +1 LUK, +3 RES, +1 SPD, +1 CON, 5 MOV, +5% HP

Blodeuyn_t.png

Blodeuyn promotes to Scholar

Preferred stats: Skill , Magic

Weapon Proficiency:  Anima (D), Dark (D)

Personal Skill: (Moonlight Sonata Second Movement) :Allegretto: When Luna activates,  gain +2 AS until the end of your next turn.

Skill: Levitation 

Assessment After the Scholar makes a successful hit on a target, allied units gain +5 Hit, Evade, and Crit against the target until the end of the phase.

Promotion bonuses: HP +1 MAG, +1 SKL, +2 LUK, +1 DEF, +1 RES, +1 SPD, +1 CON, +2 AID, +2 MOV +1, +5% to SKL

Rai.png

Juliett

5. Str, Skl, Luk, Res, Spd

e8lyFtM.png

Owena

5. Str, Luk, Def, Spd

IvWPJvS.png

Arissell

5. Str, Def, Res, Spd

Reeve.png

Reeve

2. HP, Res
3. Mag, Skl, Def, Res
4. HP, Mag, Skl, Res
5. HP, Mag, Skl, Def, Res, Spd

A6W3Wes.png

Galen.

5. Str, Mag, Spd

CUTE_HAT.png

Vivi

5. Luk, Def

Smug_Reeve_talking.png

"As grand as I am, it's only natural for someone like me to continue improving at such a speed."

Reeve promotes to Necromancer!

Preferred Stats: Magic, Health

Weapon Proficiencies: Druidic (C), Dark (D)

Personal Skill: Hidden Heart: If an ally is reduced to 0 HP, Reeve has +5% chance of triggering Vengeance their next combat.

Skill:

Levitation

Draw Life (The Necromancer recovers 10% of any damage they deal as HP.)

Bonuses: +3 HP, +2 MAG, +1 SKL, +2 DEF, +1 RES, +2 CON, +2 AID, 5 MOV, +5% HP

Juliett_happy_talk.png

"Sweet, new digs. I'm on board."

Juliett promotes to Pegasus Knight!

Her preferred stats become SPD, RES.

Weapon Proficiency is upgraded to Pierce (C), Lance (D).

New Personal Skill:

• Flow State [ if used more than half her MOV before Canto, +10 Hit / Avoid until next turn ]

New Class Skill:

• Anti-Magic [ when the Pegasus Rider is in combat with units with Levitation, they gain a +3 DMG and +3 RES bonus against them ]

Her Promotion Bonuses are: +2 HP, +1 LCK, +2 RES, +3 SPD, +2 CON/AID, 5 MOV, and an additional 5% to SKL.

Buhhhhhhhh fine

Ari promotes to Tactician

Wind (C), Anima (D)
Pref Stats: Skill, Luck

Personal skill is on his sheet

Gains Press the Assault

HP +2 STR +0 MAG +1 SKL +2 LUK +2 DEF +2 RES +1 SPD +1 CON +1 AID +1 MOV 5
+5% to SKL

• 4 weeks later...

Pretend I am someone eager to become involved, and worthy of investing a little effort into including. A big fat "No." doesn't move me towards joining the group. How about, "No, but we host a new game every X weeks or so, so come by then. Or I'll tell the next host to PM you."

Sorry, just been having bad luck joining these games and am a little frustrated.

I was around for your last attempt. If you were as invested as you claim, you would have investigated whether the game was actually open and found that it's full on players. You were disrespectful towards the other players and expected them to bear the burden of your character for them. These games are not short term investments and it is concerning to a GM that you aren't willing to take basic steps like making your own character or obtaining a portrait that's actually in the same style as the rest. Furthermore, you also haven't joined either of the FEF discords, which are the best places to get information and help in all these regards and more.

If I have misjudged you, I welcome you to prove me wrong. I am glad to see people who put time and care into their characters joining the community. Unfortunately, your behavior has not indicated that this is the case thus far, so I am acting accordingly.

As a final note, there's no sort of schedule for these games. With limited GMs and the intensive, long term effort needed to host one, they don't crop up very often. 

Sure. I am getting a second wind.

was around for your last attempt.

That is not possible because I made this account a few hours ago. If you are referring to a different forum, well I'll come back to this point.

If you were as invested as you claim, you would have investigated whether the game was actually open and found that it's full on players.

There are many forum games that allow players to join late. Notably the entire Mafia category largely keeps track of replacement applicants.

You were disrespectful towards the other players and expected them to bear the burden of your character for them.

Please, in that same thread people tried to clarify how my own autism worked. I asked, not demanded, help for a starter character. Anytime someone made a point I acted on it.

These games are not short term investments and it is concerning to a GM that you aren't willing to take basic steps like making your own character or obtaining a portrait that's actually in the same style as the rest.

It was pretty reasonable to assume that the person who posted a male healer with no biblical background right after I asked for one, was a gift for me to work with it. Even when I accepted I left a disclaimer that if it was a misunderstanding no worries. As far as expecting an avatar be made for me, that just seems like an ironic twist on not allowing help with character stats. Both forms of help seem reasonable and are reasonable, this is just some oddity of this clique, you don't find such questions bullied in the broader, more welcoming forum game community. I actually have a bit of a say in this matter, as I personally run many help threads and my own forum games in the forum you are referring to, [url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164469.0]Bay 12[/url].

I am not just a random account made recently, there. I have constantly worked to grow a place that is accessible. With a network of information and tools. I love game hosts and players. I don't need them to love me. But every once in awhile I stick my toe in the water. I thoroughly enjoyed on of Haspen's games, Ziggurot of Trials, and wanted to give some of his more mainstream things ago.

This is your house, you are staff here. I don't doubt you believe your accusations of my character, and if that kind of person was trying to cause problems in your community, you have every right to stop it.

I may take your advice and try the discord once things have cooled down, some day.

Now that I'm back at my computer, let me reply to your points as politely as possible.

Firstly, I am a regular user of bay12. My username is still KingMurdoc, because I haven't gotten it changed by Toady yet. I am familiar with who you are, and your history on the forum.

There are many forum games that allow people to join late. My own is an example. This game is not one. FEF formats make it hard to run rolling signups. If they are recruiting they will be marked as such. If someone says it is not open, you accept that answer and move on. 

Let me lay out the problems with your approach to the character sheet problem, so that you may correct it. Fire Emblem on Forums sheets are not complex affairs. Nor are they an "arbitrary initiation ritual." As a D&D 3.5 veteran, you are fully equipped to set some growth percentages and choose a class. They are easy. You didn't ask for help, you asked someone to make a sheet for you, a sheet that objectively does not require very much effort out of the player. A portrait, on the other hand, is harder to do. Not everyone has experience with pixel art or the appropriate editing programs (though neither is hard to do with some effort and time.) Hence the expectation that one will provide their own sheet, but also that one may need help finding a portrait. Your attitude towards that portrait, while not a large problem by itself, contributes to the impression that you do not respect the format enough to learn it and follow it at least slightly. 

As for me "telling you how your autism works," I did so because I am autistic myself. I have been educating myself about autism for over a decade. I have autistic relatives. I have autistic friends. I know what autism does and does not affect. Autism can make one prone to sensory overloads, and interfere with the reading of subtle social cues that neurotypical individuals do not have an issue with, and it is theorized that this has to do with differences in the formation of mirror neurons as well as hypermasculinization in prenatal development. Autism does not directly affect your ability to read a handbook, parse rules, and create a character sheet based on those rules, unless you have an associated mental disability. As you have proven yourself to be fully capable of running a forum game, I must assume that you do not have another issue that affects your reading comprehension or ability to write. Which, in turn, means that it is not an explanation or excuse for a refusal to process a fairly simple (on the player side) ruleset and produce a sheet. Do not assume that my refusal to accept your explanation comes from a place of ignorance or bigotry, because it comes from precisely the opposite. 

Now that I have said my piece, I would ask you to politely keep further conversation on this matter to private messages, out of respect for the hosts of this game. I will freely admit that this should have gone to that area before this post.