Jump to content
Hal Henderics

Trespassers: Director's Cut: The Bus

Recommended Posts

"Sadly, you're exactly the same." He grins back at Arminius.

 

-

 

"I do this, o young initiate."

 

He summons up a cloud of flaming frozen mist around his hands, which charges up and arcs lightning between them.

 

-

 

"I'm good.  Don't worry."  He responds to Alan.

 

"A bit smaller than I want, but there's no fixing that yet."

 

-

 

"That trick works on other people, yeah.  I wouldn't trust it against extrasensory abilities."  Tattletale says, grimacing with a small pang of pain.

 

"I'll consider it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan perks up as he spots the WaveImpMon casting a spell, and he quickly reaches for his cyberdeck to scan the damned thing before he hurriedly stands up and says, "Well if you need more data to regain some of your mass then feel free to ask me for help, as long as you're planning on sticking around that is, but for now if you'll excuse me-," he started to walk towards the flower after he finished speaking, seemingly intent on doing something, anything out of the junk data he actually got from that scan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You know, I don't think I'm selling this quite right. How about being able to extend your senses over a ten foot sphere? Might help with info gathering. Burst a blood vessel in someone else's brain at will, I'm sure you could figure out numerous uses for that. Lifting objects from a distance is useful too, so you really might want to consider giving our buddy a call. If you're worried about interactions with the shard, well, it can wait, but it's worth looking into, you know?"

 

With that, Harry quieted back down, and waited for the show to begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leo just blankly looked at the Digimon, who he was pretty sure was trying a little to hard, before responding
"Not bad. Anything fancy? Do you usualy carry a focus or do you just use your hands?" 

As Alan steps out, Leo looks out the window to see what he's off to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:15 PM
Heavily Modified Sony CTY-360: Alan's cyberdeck is based off of a heavily modified Sony CTY-360 chassis that had gotten all of its original parts gingerly taken out of it at some point and replaced with an eccletic mixture of parts of increasingly high quality and of dubious source. 

When attempting to perform an action that has the "Hacking" tag applied to it, the user has the option to use the cyberdeck as his computer of choice. Boosting Alan's Intelligence by 10% for the action's effect while he is using the cyberdeck. This effect can only be activated once per round, and it takes a free action to activate
Level 2: Int boost for hacking abilities increased to 20%
Level 3: The integration of an extremely malleable cloud golem core and a super platinum golem core to Alan's Cyberdeck has allowed it to detect and manipulate raw mana.  If Alan suffers a corruptive effect, the Deck suffers the same effect.
Level 4 :Alan's Cyberdeck can now attempt to scan a spell, storing it in memory. The spell must either be deleted, or offloaded into a large grounded computer installation, before a new spell can be recorded.

Alan will try and scan the spell WaveImpMon is casting with the cyberdeck's scanning thing @Corpse
I'm not sure if this is intelligence based tho

CorpseToday at 1:17 PM
1d100 = (1)

Alan obtains "???: ???????? ????????????"

Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:23 PM
@Corpse Alan will excuse himself for a moment before heading to a corner of the bus and attempting to patch this into something that can be used as a spell


CorpseToday at 1:27 PM
(6, 19) (10) (61)

"Kai: Pu??li?? ?a?i?i?a?i?n"
(3, 18) A Sphere of energy is created, and it just sits there.


Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:37 PM
Hum, does it appear to just be a glowing sphere of lire unadulterated energy?
Because if so then Alan will try and see if he can't program in some instructions on what state of energy it should be, and maybe something to move it around

CorpseToday at 1:40 PM
It seems to defy scans.
You'll have to resort to poking it with something, it seems.

Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:43 PM
Hum, does anything interesting happen when Alan pokes a cable at it?

CorpseToday at 1:45 PM
what kind of cable?

Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:47 PM
Data cable, like something he'd use if he needs to extend his datajack for comfort, with one female for the datajack's own cable on one end, and one male head for whatever it is supposed to be jacking into

CorpseToday at 1:49 PM
You discover the nature of the spell.

Kai: Puzzling Maximization

This arrangement of mana causes mana to amplify the nature of objects placed inside it, in strange ways.
The cable now turns any data streamed into it into a beam fired out of the other end.


Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:55 PM
Also wait, is this literally just a stream of data? Like, what if he shoots it inside of a computer, telling it to display a message like "HELLO WORLD", would it do that if he had access to it's systems?

CorpseToday at 1:55 PM
If he blasts it at a computer
the computer is blasted to bits
in ordinary circumstances

Endlessblaze (Also Persistent)Today at 1:56 PM
What if he blasted it into a specific receiver, or another maximized cable?

Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:56 PM
And hmm, does the size of the data package or it's contents do anything to alter the beam?

CorpseToday at 1:57 PM
What data are you using to test it?

 

Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:57 PM
A copy of the messed up program he uses to heal/repair for now, does that seem to repair any damage dealt to a drone?

 

CorpseToday at 1:58 PM
cite the thingie?

 

Nine Fingered JousterToday at 1:59 PM
Square Root of @&!!)#6^6^^66^& (Level 2, Trick):  There's something off about this code...  Heals target character 2d8 + intelligence HP and places the Discord Orb debuff on them.  Discord Orb increases all damage taken by 30%, and remains on the target until the encounter ends or Alan uses this action on somebody else, at which point the orb moves to the new target.  There can only be one Discord Orb debuff active at a time.  Usable once per round.

 

CorpseToday at 2:00 PM
(10, 10) The data stream blasts apart the drone.  A drone that was NEAR the beam was healed, and discorded though.


Endlessblaze (Also Persistent)Today at 2:00 PM
Gasp
Maybe its AOE
Put a bunch of drones AROUND the beam, but dont like.
Blast one.

Just see if the code washes over them
Nine Fingered JousterToday at 2:01 PM
Would it be fine if he tries this?

Corpse

(12, 9) (49) (32)

Square Root of @&!!)#6^6^^66^& (Level 1, Trick):  There's something off about this code...  Heals target character 1d8 + intelligence HP and places the Discord Orb debuff on them.  Discord Orb increases all damage taken by 30%, and remains on the target until the encounter ends or Alan uses this action on somebody else, at which point the orb moves to the new target.  There can only be one Discord Orb debuff active at a time.  Usable once per round.
Level 2: Now heals for 2d8+Intelligence HP, still places the Discord orb debuff on one person.Level 3: The user may extend the healing of this technique to multiple targets, but doing so adds a 50% chance to hit a random target with damage equal to all healing dealt as the user fires a beam of destructive data into a crowd of allies.


Leo would look out the window to find out that Alan's just kind of...standing there and trying to work out the kinks present in the code, before the man simply presses a few buttons and causes a ball of pure energy to appear in front of him. Another few moments passes as Alan tries and fails to actually order the ball of mana to do anything, until he gets a sudden burst of inspiration and accidentally turns a data cable into a deadly data based laser emitter after running it through the ball of mana.

 

After a very brief montage of Alan damaging and further destroying and repairing his own drones plays out after setting up some of the cable as a data emitter in an attempt to find out if the effects of the stream of data could be modulated by what the stream of data is, Alan takes out a fancy glock he brought with him and assembles it together into what he hoped would be a lasergun he could hack into things with, but a run through the puzzling maximizer transformed it into a...red jeweled crown, that fires lasers whenever the fuck he wants it to if he puts on his head, which was, acceptable.

 

Alan walked inside of the bus as a changed man, and he fired a laser out into the void just before he walked through the doors, and waved his hands around while yelling out that he's, "A WIZARD NOW HARRY!."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm not sure you'll have the data I need, but thanks."  WaveImpmon tells Alan, looking at his... "Spell" with interest.

 

"I had a focus.  But now I don't.  I'll get it back when I digivolve, probably." He then explains to Leo.

 

He creates a tiny arrowhead like structure from mana, which dips in and out of visibility.

 

"I'm still plenty magical though."  He explains, the arrowhead seemingly materializing in his hand as it slips back into being visible again, before puffing apart into tiny rings of data.

 

-

 

"Sure."

"I've got a few ideas of my own.  Stronger throat, stronger legs.  Faster legs.  Running away and talking are my two most potent abilities." 
She winks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well that's intresting. I wonder if...."
Leo was soon distracted by Alan's experiments, before he returns. Telling Harry he was a wizard now. Something in his tone led Leo to belive it was a reference, but to what he was not sure. The orb he had created seemed pretty intresting. Alchemy, or Blood Magic maybe, considering what it had done to the cables, and guns.

"Well that's nice, Let me take a look" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry gave a perplexed expression as Alan waltzed back into the bus celebrating becoming a wizard. "Congratulations Alan, you did great, well done. Good job." The doctor answered bemusedly.

 

Turning back to Tattletale, Harry raised his eyebrows. "Well, stronger throat and lungs is all well and good, but--" He concentrated and reached out mentally, feeling that sensation of reaching out without a limb, some small semblence of what amputees must feel, he reckoned.

 

"--what if you didn't need them?"

 

"I'm still selling, I guess. But anyway, that's all stuff we should be able to do. Make it so you can always get your words in, and can always flee or whatnot. It can be much more than just reinforcing the throat and limbs."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I mean, people usually still try to choke you, even if you're talking in their head.  It's a pretty classical response to someone pissing you off."  Tattletale shrugs.

 

"My sole goal right now is to avoid being shot at, and avoid suffering the consequences of being shot at." 

 

"Not everyone I interrogate is going to be handcuffed with substances not found in classical physics."

 

It's around this time L33t's voice blurts out of a speaker.

 

"I need a favor.  Could one of you guys ask that spooky computer for some advanced battery blueprints?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fair enough." That'd all be fine, and, hopefully, he'd be back on Earth Bet to pick up the folio that he'd asked Uber and Leet for. As if on cue, one of their voices spoke from an unseen speaker, perhaps on the drone bay.

 

After they'd made their request, Harry stood up. "Sure, sure. I'll go ask it. Might come back with like. . . a quest or something, I don't know if they just hand out blueprints. I'm sure we can handle a little old quest though." With that, he headed off to inquire to the training computer.

 

Spoiler
8 v 16 partial failure! Quality: 12! Random Bitz: 69! There's a number.
 

It takes Scathach a while to come up with an answer she's satisfied with. She discards several designs of magical nature because she can't go to L33t to teach him how to properly draw the runes, and several of technical nature because they'd need parts from magical beasts she's fairly sure don't exist on Earth Bet. Eventually, at a bit of a loss for a more conventional solution, she provides the following: Scathach's Heroic Training Manual - By following the steps outlined in this manual, even the skinniest, wimpiest nerd can pick up enough strength and endurance to pedal a bike uphill in top gear for three days and nights. Well, assuming he's willing to put in the effort to get Them Gains. Using the manual grants a +5 bonus to checks to train strength, dexterity, or constitution, but only once per user per plot. Someone who knows how to train already could use more advanced techniques from the manual to possibly get a higher bonus.

After a little while, Harry returned, and made a brief search for a place in which to speak, concluding with just speaking into the air. "Alright boys, this is the best that Miss Scathach could come up with. Everything else needed to teach you how to draw runes, or the entrails of magical beasts--though I'm sure if you'd like to come on an adventure with us something could be figured out."

 

"What you get is this 'Heroic Training Manual' thing. Get buff in a hurry, and I guess you'll be able to power your own machines or something, something about bicycles was mentioned."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Endlessblaze said:

"Well that's intresting. I wonder if...."
Leo was soon distracted by Alan's experiments, before he returns. Telling Harry he was a wizard now. Something in his tone led Leo to belive it was a reference, but to what he was not sure. The orb he had created seemed pretty intresting. Alchemy, or Blood Magic maybe, considering what it had done to the cables, and guns.

"Well that's nice, Let me take a look" 

Alan replied by quickly recasting the spell fragment he had managed to gather, before he took a couple of steps to back away from the sphere of energy that forms and states, "Kai, the sphere of puzzling maximization, it made a data cable run through it fire a deadly stream of whatever data was sent inside of it coming the other way, and it turned my attempt at a laser data hacking gun into this...fancy crown right here, and no I don't have a way to control what it makes or even move it yet."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leo examines the sphere, looking over it, and doing some vague simple things to check it over, muttering a few diffrent spell words as he examines it..
He seems to get it pretty quickly
 

Spoiler

(7, 😎 (94) (90) He is unable to replicate it himself, but understanding it is easy enough. It is actually based deeply in Enchanting, Cybermancy, and Psionics, with secondary influences in Golemancy and Transmutation.

The spell seems to pick up on psychic imprints nearby, and data stored on Alan's Cyberdeck to reshape and maximize an object's traits and abilities.



"Well now, just where did you pull this from? Its not bloodmagic or alchemy, but rather its a mix of Enchanting, Cybermancy and Psionics. With a bit of golemancy and transmutation thrown in there. Part of its deal is its gathering data to do all this. Psychic impressions, Data on your Deck."

"I don't think I can copy this verbally, at least not without some equipment to go with it, But I might be able to use some of its principles to induce elements of randomness into some of my other spells. Useful."


 

Spoiler

(8, 1) (39) (58) Leo obtains a new level for Shape Solid


The user may choose to roll an additional Quality and Random roll when shaping an object, taking the most interesting rolls.
Spoiler

(18, 19) (74) (74) Leo obtains a new level for Basic golem crafting


The user may choose to roll an additional Random roll when crafting a golem, taking the more interesting one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suddenly, everyone in the bus and the weatherlight are assaulted with strange visions, flashes of light and noise that resolve into scenes of images and sound.

 

   Clouds part to reveal an eerie moon that casts light down a grand mountain peak.  At the base forest slowly parts for a huge city, half built and abandoned. Just above is a castle tower, ancient and crumbling.  Further up a large building reminiscent of eastern construction perches on a smaller icy foot. A large cave looms near the peak, something best left forgotten lay just inside.

 

The vision shifts.

 

   The sun shines over the horizon in early morning, depicting a towering mountain buried in a thick forest.  Inside a hole in the side of the mountain, near a cliff, a Barrier stretches forever in all directions in the cave entrance as the vision passes through, entering a cavernous hall.  Then, a glade of flowers, tended to by a strange, goat-like man, then, a grey house, rooms dusty and untouched.

 

   Then, a caldera of lava, filled with the pillar that is a titanic machine, then, rivers and lakes of glowing water, glowing mushrooms and plants, glowing stones set into blackened ceilings, then, a snowy village filled with strange, inhuman creatures, then, a door, and behind the door, a yellow house, rooms dusty and untouched, then ruins, then a glade of flowers, above, sunlight is shining down through The Barrier, which has stretched from there to here.  

 

   Above, a cavernous entrance, a deep hole into this underground civilization.  A child, walking forward with a glazed look in their eyes, and a confused look on their face, stumbling forward, vines catch their feet and.

 

The vision shifts.

 

   In a haze of smoke, ozone, and recycled air voices call out, familiar and foreign.  Shapes move past, some are humanoid others...not as much, some wear polished uniforms others beggar's rags and others everything in-between.  People call out pushing goods and services trying to get passers by to bite. The pounding of drums in a backroom. The flash of a plasma cutter in a nearby stall.  Finally though the high vaulted ceilings and two catwalk levels of the marketplace give way to the great void beyond, stars twinkle and flicker through the massive reinforced window on the south side of the space station.

 

The vision shifts.

 

Next visible are two men sitting down: two men sitting down, and just about nothing else, barren land stretching far into the distance behind them. The sun hangs low in the sky. The men have bowler hats.

“Didi?”

“Yes, Gogo?”

“I thought of something.”

A silence follows, which just manages to turn distinctly awkward.

“…and what did you think of, Gogo?”

“Are we maybe in hell?”

“In hell? No, can’t be.”

“Can’t be?”

“We’d have to have gone there.”

“Oh, yeah.”

Another silence. (It's also awkward.)

“We could go, maybe, Didi.”

“We’ve spoken about this before, you know.”

“What? No, I don’t think we did.”

“We did.”

“We didn’t.”

“We did.”

“We didn’t!”

“We did.”

“We didn--”

“We can’t go, anyway.”

“We… we can’t? Why not?”

“Well, we still don’t have a rope since we spoke about this last and don’t interrupt I’m not finished-- And besides, that would be leaving. We should, but we can’t. Because we’re waiting. For Godot.”

“Maybe he’s down there?”

“No, that would be Godot waiting for us. I’m sure it’s still us, waiting for Godot.”

 

The vision shifts.

 

A strange looking fellow, dressed in a skintight red suit, covered in what look like white webs pulls up his mask to reveal his mouth and nose.  Suddenly, he starts sneezing, once, twice, a third time.

 

He keeps uncontrollably sneezing until the vision ends.

 

The vision ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well that was terribly informative." Harry remarked, sending a pointed glance Nader's direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvera stirs, and sits up, yawning as she stretches her arms out. She grimaces, and grabs her head. "What weird dreams..." she mutters, then looks around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jun, previously

 

Jun nodded at Harry's response, before she slowly stood up and said, "Well just try and keep an open mind alright? He's honestly less trouble than Kusuke probably said he is, but it doesn't take much to convince him to do something dangerous and life threatening." She extended her right hand to offer Harry a handshake before parting with, "And try to stay safe on whatever world you end up in alright? I don't know where we're going next, but it's nice to be able to see a familiar face every now and then."
 

 

 

Alan, soon

Alan lazily dispels the sphere as Leo finished his examination, "Well you can thank your student for that then, since that trick of his is what I got it from." Alan found himself struck by an odd set of cryptic visions as he was about to elaborate on the spell itself, causing him to abruptly respond with, "I can understand everything else....but what was up with the guy sneezing?."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×