Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

SENA

#04 OLD ACQUARIUM

*+Rita, Ghost Girl*

"Sena, you idio- aah!" The Aether Balls burst open into flashes of light as two Pokemon emerge from them. One is Verna, and the other...

Music: Foundαtion of Trαdition

Frogadier shakes its head, stretching as it focuses on the Ghost Girl standing in front of it. A purple gem Sena can identify as an Eviolite dangles from around its neck. It glances at Sena before focusing its full attention on the Ghost Girl.

The Ghost Girl releases a sigh as she lowers her fan, closing it. "Then I'll take you by force. If you truly reject your own wishes, show me your resolve."

"I-I'll fight too. I know Sena really wants this, he's just silly. You'll forgive him, won't you?" The Ghost Girl nods to her.

"Yes, soon you will both meet your families again."

Rita's eyes brighten and her smile turns wide, beaming with true joy. She turns to Sena, excitement apparent on her face. "Motor, let's do this-" The Rotom flies into her hand as an A-Comm. It flies out of the device, revealing its form as a Rotom. However, it remains attached to her A-Comm with an electrical current.

"I'll beat you up!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[BATTLE PHASE INITIATED]

Sena, the Ghost Girl, and Motor are fairly close to each other. Were Sena to stay in place, he'd be likely to get caught up in the attacks.

[Your Goal is to last long enough for the backup to arrive]

-they will arrive after around 7 turns of combat-

<<TURN 0/7 START>>

BattleScreen by ninjacyndaquil

Motor (), Lv: 20

HP: ####################

ATK: ?

DEF: ?

SP.ATK: ?

SP.DEF: ?

SPE: 112

Nature: Quirky (-/-)

Ability: Jamming (disables new data gain on A-Comm)

EP: ---

Moves: ---

Ghost Girl? (♀), Lv: 20

ATK: 120

DEF: 48

SP.ATK: 90

SP.DEF: 184

SPE: 108

Nature: Gentle (+SpD/-Def)

Ability: Fountain of Life, ---

Moves: Aqua Tail (19,440 Atk Value), ---

Turn order: Frogadier -> Motor (Rotom A-Comm) -> Ghost Girl -> Verna

Player Pokemon Status

Verna (86/86)

Frogadier (116/116), Eviolite

Radovan shook his head at no one in particular when he heard Ray speak over the A-Comm, and he let out a slight sigh before he said, "You know, I actually said 'Don't ever make us worry about you like this again' to Sena the last time this happened right? Because I swear, if Sena broke his A-Comm again this time, I'll be the one breaking his arm with a kick." After making that overly threatening statement, he said a simple, "Let's go," and ran towards where the equipment breaking twerp and the shifty girl were supposed to be.

"no... let them rest in peace..." Sena glanced at the pokemon in front of him, who he recognize as the same Frogadier of his childhood. "I knew it... thank you for giving me another chance to redeem myself..." Frogadier just nod, awaiting for Sena's command. Sena then observe his surrounding and learn a little bit about Frogadier's physiology, hmmm I see, it can be used like that.

He take a deep breath, trying to gather all of his confidence. "right! time to go all out!" Sena jumped back to a safe distance, commanding both Verna and Frogadier at the same time. "Frogadier! Use Quick Attack to run around Rotom! When the time is right pelt some frubbles to distract her and then follow it up with Water Pulse!" Frogadier nodded, as he runs circling Motor at high speed trying to confuse the Rotom.

"Verna focus on the ghost girl! Use your surrounding to protect yourself from her attack! When the attack is cleared use Gust on her!" Verna began to flew around, not letting her guard down, while trying her best to find some cover to use. Sena then brace himself for any attack that may hit him if he is not careful.

SENA

#04 OLD ACQUARIUM

*+Rita, Ghost Girl*

Frogadier's Quick Attack (3369 Atk Value)

-not used to strike-

"But I'm the one not at peace! You obviously don't understand how I feel, even though your parents are dead too!" Rita screams back at Sena as she herself jumps back from the fight, just in time to escape getting encircled by Frogadier's Quick Attack. As she did so, the electrical current connecting Motor to her A-Comm extended to fit the distance between them. Motor itself simply grinned at Frogadier before vanishing, along with the current.

"Motor, use Thundershock! We'll cut its escape route!" Rita said as she let go of her A-Comm, which was red again, leaving it to float up two meters or so above the ground. Motor's face appeared as a hologram from the A-Comm, as it began firing bots of lightning all around Frogadier. Its attack couldn't match Frogadier's speed, but the bolts of lightning would be targetted so that every time Frogadier tried to approach it and Rita, its path would be cut by one, effectively preventing it from approaching them.

Motor's Thunder Shock (??? SpA Value)

-crit and Paralysis will be rolled if Frogadier gets hit as a result of actions on Sena's turn or earlier-

The Ghost Girl would approach Frogadier from behind, running up until she reached the edge of its Quick Attack circle. She'd jump up and slam her heel into the ground, making the area around where Frogadier was running collapse into mud, making it harder for Frogadier to move around and perform his Quick Attack. Were Motor to attack while Frogadier was in this muddy hole, Sena wasn't sure whether Frogadier would be able to outrun the Thunder Shock.

Ghost Girl's ??? (??? ??? Value)

-not used to strike-

Verna found multiple spots good enough to hide if the going got tough all over the rubble. There were pieces of concrete much taller than Sena or the Ghost Girl, reinforced by steel framworks as they used to be part of the building's construction, so they might be able to whitstand an attack if need be to hide. For now, she blew a gust of wind at Ghost Girl's back, right after she'd collapsed the ground around Frogadier.

Verna's Gust (2806 SpA Value)

-crit: 91,7 no crit-

Ghost Girl takes 12 damage.

The gust of wind hits the Ghost Girl, but the hit is so weak against her that she barely notices it. She glances up at Verna but only for a moment. She doesn't seem to consider Verna a threat after such a pitiful display.

TURN END

Ghost Girl's Fountain of Life activates. Ghost Girl recovers HP back to full.

----------------------------------------

[BATTLE PHASE CONTINUES]

Frogadier is stuck in a muddy hole. Verna has found a place to hide. Motor escaped Frogadier's attack with ease and the Ghost Girl decided not to pay much heed to Verna.

<<TURN 1/7 START>>

Moves: Thunder Shock (??? SpA Value), ---

Player Pokemon Status

Verna (86/86)

Frogadier (116/116), Eviolite

"No... I don't... and I'm fairly certain no one know about your pain, but are you going to let yourself drown in that pain? I won't tell you to move on... because trust me, that is a very difficult thing to do..." Sena continue on trying to reason her. Seeing the battle between Frogadier and Motor, made Sena worried. Rita's A-comm is a rather annoying trinket. There is no way they could hit Motor.

"Frogadier, stay calm and use water pulse on the mud to try protecting yourself from thundershock." Frogadier then prepare to use water pulse on the mud, adjusting his attack to spread out the mud on the Thundershock's path.

alright hopefully that should do it... He need to do something about Rita's A-comm. He have some idea but he might need to distract both of them. "Tell us Ghost Girl, why do you want to revive the people already dead? I'm pretty sure it's not just because you have sympathy for us. And secondly just how are you going to revive the dead anyway? I mean do you even have the power to revive the dead? And how is the body's condition after it revived? Our parents are already dead years ago, pretty sure Rita wants to know how you will do it." Said Sena, trying to convince Ghost Girl to explain her method... hopefully distracting her. He then looked at Verna, signalling her by looking at the various hiding spot available to hide. If Sena manage to make Ghost Girl explaining her method and reason, Verna will successfully hide her presence in one of the hiding spot, trying to find a good time to break Rita's A-comm with her Bite. If not then she will just try using Supersonic on Ghost Girl.

"B=break his arm? That's mean!"  Cathode reacted,  but then lowered her head and mumbled "Why does always nothing go according to plan..." .  After a bit of silence though she jerked her head up again and said,  "A-anyway, d-does anyone know the way to the aquarium or s-should I put it on GPS?"

"Signal jamming... It must have been Rita's doing!" Emmanuel exclaimed, though he didn't seem to be particularly surprised. "We'll take the staircase. It should lead directly to the aquarium. Let's just hope that the Pokemon they gave him will give us enough time..." Not wasting anymore time, he ran for the staircase and hurried to the aquarium.

SENA

#04 OLD ACQUARIUM

*+Rita, Ghost Girl*

"I'm the one here trying to remove the pain. You're the one drowning, y-you idiot!" Rita spoke and she looked just about ready to open her mouth when Sena ordered Frogadier to spread the mud using his Water Pulse.

Frogadier's Water Pulse (10,003 SpA Value)

-no target-

The ring of water burst upon contact with the mud, causing a massive upwards explosion of mud that covered Frogadier, Motor and Rita. Rita slipped on it, falling over, while Motor had to shake it off its A-Comm body before its holographic face appeared once again, glancing around at where Rita was. Both Rita and the Ghost Girl turned towards Sena when he started asking about reviving the dead.

"You misunderstand, I am doing this precisely out of my simpathy. I- Uno- too lost everything on that day. I was born from her desire to gain it back and I am doing precisely that. The deaths that lay the foundation of this land will once again witness her dance with the Gyarados, and be reunited with their loved ones, born from the much which forms this island. Wailuda will drown, but all who seek a change, who wish to look forward, will be reborn in this revolution-" Your eyes drift over to the unconcious Uno. However, without giving Sena or Rita a moment to reply, the Ghost Girl smashes her heel into the concrete again, sending a shockwave through the are where Frogadier was stuck in. The already loose soil gave way as the ground beneath Frogadier's legs sank deeper and deeper, trapping the Pokemon's entire body aside from its head. "I do not wish to harm your Pokemon; I only need to get it out of the way while I pick you up. As Uno wishes-" Turning to Sena, she starts walking towards him, slowly. Frogadier can't move from the hole now that the mud has him trapped, and Verna's attacks could hardly defeat the Ghost Girl...

"T-the island will sink?" Rita gulps down as she stands back up. She walks over to the hole where Frogadier was stuck and looks over the edge at the trapped frog Pokemon. She then looks at Sena, a bit of hesitation apparent in her eyes.

Would this be the end to this fight?

TURN END

[BATTLE PHASE CONTINUES]

Frogadier is trapped in an even deeper muddy hole. Verna has successfully hid but is it even worth it targetting Motor anymore? Ghost Girl will capture Sena if not stopped. However... Rita is showing first signs of hesitation since this all began, a result of Sena's inquiry. Would she be willing to help, perhaps?

<<TURN 2/7 START>>

Player Pokemon Status

Verna (86/86)

Frogadier (116/116), Eviolite, Mud Sport

Just as I thought... “killing millions, human and pokemon alike by sinking the island? Do you really think that would help? Seriously I might only know Uno for few days, and I sure as hell that, she doesn’t want this. You’re not her, let alone her desire, you’re just a lunatic who tries to justify your atrocity by using somebofy else’s nam. So why don’t tell me who you truly are?”

Sena looked at Rita, his word seems to be working slowly, alright... one more push... Sena change back his focus to Ghost Girl, he decide not to back down from her.

“What you just said only solidify my resolves.

I’m not on board with your plan.

I’m not going to let you realize your plan.

And lastly I’m not... afraid of you.”

SENA

#04 OLD ACQUARIUM

*+Rita, Ghost Girl*

"Not killing. Changing. As the deaths of many 10 years ago for the cause of a mere spectacle laid the foundations for this land's attractions to further prosper, thus will my actions yield change. My purpose is Uno's wish, and my cause is revolution. As an Omega, I will destroy, and as an Alpha, I will create anew." She spoke as she continued walking towards Sena. As she did, her expression grew angrier, more feral. She didn't like what he was saying. "I am the Core of this world. As such, by extension, it is Uno's to wield. Who are you to speak in her name, the one whose body and soul was torn from her and formed anew within me!? I am her desire. Her desire to dance!" She stopped mere inches from Sena, a towering figure he had to look up to face. He could no longer see Rita, as his entire vision was obstructed by Ghost Girl's body. "Now yield to your desire and form her audience. She and I shall be merged and seal the fate of this wretched world that destroyed her. Be glad, as you will be spared." Reaching out with an arm, she grabbed Sena by his collar and lifted him up with ease. She turned, with him in her grasp, towards where Rita'd been standing moments before. However, she was gone.

"You're not what I thought. You're not a ghost. You can't help me talk to my mom. Only Dolly can help me. I was looking for the answer in the wrong place this whole time." You hear a voice, however, you cannot pinpoint the direction it's coming from. It seemingly echoes from all across the Acquarium, as if someone was using a loudspeaker. The Ghost Girl seems equally confused, looking around frantically.

As she looks up, Rita suddenly falls onto her face, grabbing it with both her arms and legs, like some sort of face sucking alien creature. "Let Sena go, you fake! He's MY subordinate, he's not yours to order around!" She punches and kicks like a child throwing a tantrum. However, it works, as Sena feels the Ghost Girl's grip on him loosening. He falls to his feet and finds the muddied Frogadier standing ready by his side. In the meantime, Dolly and Motor have begun circling the Ghost Girl. The Shuppet fires a couple wisps of flame at the Ghost Girl, which envelop her body as Rita's still kicking at her face. The Ghost Girl's thrashing about and Rita seems to be having a hard time remaining on top of her. After a couple moments, Rita's sent flying down and crashes with her back into Sena, pushing them both to the ground. Frogadier, Dolly and Motor all stand in between you and the Ghost Girl, whose body and clothes seem to have suffered some minor burns, but harsh enough to weaken her physically, at least temporarily. She pants, losing her dancing stance.

"You will deny my request too? So be it. I will still take you-" As fast as lightning, she jumps back, covering a distance of at least 10 meters with her leap. She lands on the stage, next to Uno's body, and raises her hands up. Several glowing blue orbs of water form around her extended hands in a circle. "My name is Alpha. Now suffer the wrath of the Primordial Sea." The orbs of light burst into beams of blue light, converging into a single point where you're standing, ravaging the concrete walls and floor in their way like a canyon against a powerful stream of water. You have but moments to react. Your Pokemon will likely take the brunt of the attack, however, they're likely to be knocked out cold.

[Now that the jamming has halted, Sena can read the statistics of Alpha's attack...]

Alpha's ??? (17,820 SpA value)

-miss: 85 no miss

-crit: 89,05 no crit

According to this data, Frogadier should be able to endure the blow. You can also deflect the blow partially using your own special based moves.

"That looks like a huge yowie, Motor, Thunder Shock quick!!!" Motor quickly shoots a bolt of lightning that converges in the path of Alpha's attack.

Motor's Thunder Shock (4752 SpA value)

-deflecting Alpha's ???

Alpha's ??? is reduced to 13,068 SpA value

Motor's Thunder Shock is reduced to 0 SpA value

The bolt of lightning disperses almost immediately upon hitting the beams of light.

TURN END

[BATTLE PHASE CONTINUES]

You're all targets of a devastating attack. Deflect it as best you can, and tank the remaining brunt of it using Eviolite's powers-!

<<TURN 3/7 START>>

HP (145/145): ####################

ATK: 60

DEF: 92

SP.ATK: 66

SP.DEF: 92

Ability: Inactive Jamming

Alpha (♀), Lv: 20

Moves: Aqua Tail (19,440 Atk Value), ??? (17,820 SpA Value), ---

Turn order: Frogadier -> Motor (Rotom A-Comm) -> Alpha -> Verna

Player Pokemon Status

Verna (86/86)

Frogadier (116/116), Eviolite, Mud Sport

“Thank you, for finally come to your senses Leader.” said Sena to Rita. He looked at Alpha, eagerly trying to get her lose her focus, “you’re just a confused soul that can’t see the difference between changes and revolution with destruction and chaos, so stop preaching those ”you’re just a confused soul who could not see the difference between changes and revoljtjon witg destruction and chaos.”  

Trying to piss her off is a bad idea, but it’s a double edge sword, that he willing to use to ensure their survival. After provoking Alpha, Sena decide to try and stopping Alpha’s attack with Frogadier’s water pokme “Frogadier meet the attack with a full power Water Pulse and try your best to get some cover afterwards!” The freed Frogadier just nodded, he calmly focusing his attack to stop Alpha’s attack seeing the Alpha’s attack.

Seeing Alpha now focused on them, Sena continue on with his plan on annoy Alpha even further, this time by to calling out Verna from her hiding. “Verna now! Screech on her!” Verna who have been hiding suddenly appeared on top of Alpha, flying above her, and screeching trying to affect her.

Sena’s Attacker skill activated! Raise Frogadier Sp. Atk by 1 stage.

SENA

#04 OLD ACQUARIUM

*+Rita, Ghost Girl*

Frogadier jumps to the front, sending a pulse of water to clash against the beams of light.

Frogadier's Water Pulse (15,005 SpA Value)

-deflecting Alpha's ???

Alpha's ??? is reduced to 0 SpA

Frogadier's Water Pulse is reduced to 1,937 SpA

Contrary to all expectations, Frogadier's Water Pulse blasts through the beams of light, leaving Alpha wide-eyed as the ring of water continues on its trajectory towards her.

-crit: 44,3 no crit

-Confusion: 80,9 no Confusion

It's not very effective.

Alpha takes 5 damage.

Alpha takes pitiful damage from the weakened blast, however. But her attack had been busted and she wa-

Verna's Screech (85% Acc)

-hit: 81 no miss

Alpha's Defense harshly fell.

The bat descends unexpectedly, deafening Alpha and forcing her to clench her head in pain.

"You two..." She grit her teeth. "The audience will have to be smaller than expected..." Grabbing Uno, Alpha jumped through the wall to the side of the building, breaking through it with ease as she ran down the hill and out of Sena and Rita's sight.

Frogadier earned 100 Exp and 10 EP.

Verna earned 100 Exp and 10 EP.

"Sena, she's running away with your friend! What a coward!" Rita said as she started running out of the building, pulling Sena along with herself. "I have her pinned with Motor's scanner though, so she can't escape us so long as she's still in #04! But first let's meet up with your friends." The two of you start running down the hill and towards where Motor's display said the rest of the party was.

[COMBAT PHASE FINISHED]

[Sena's bond with Rita has leveled up to ☆☆☆!]

-Leader can now use Rotom A-Comm Enchanced Scanner-
-With an upgraded, or well, overclocked scanner of Rotom (A-Comm), scans the enemies for all their usable moves at start of combat.-

Soon, you catch up with the rest of the party...

------------------------------------------

#04 OUTSKIRTS - The crushed stairway

*+Zeta*

As you're running up the path leading to the Acquarium, you suddenly see several beams of light cutting through the sides of the building at the top of the hill. Concluding that must be the fight between Sena and the Ghost Girl, you hurry your step, however, soon enough, you see a blue silhuette jump through the weakened walls of the Acquarium and start running down the hill towards the town and the seaside. The silhuette is relatively far off so you can't reach it in time, you can only follow it if you so desire.

Your A-Comms buzz on. It's Ray.

"Guys Sena's back on radar! He's- he's still at the Acquarium, running down towards you. Thank goodness, he's not with the Ghost Girl's signature. Meet up with him and pursue, this might be our last chance to capture her-!"

You meet up with Sena and Rita, who has apparently been freed from her restraints and also had her Rotom and Shuppet back with her again. And at Sena's side, there was a Frogadier.

"GUYS GUYS I'M LIKE SUPER SORRY BUT SEE THE GHOST GIRL'S EVIL AND WE'VE GOTTA HURRY STOP HER, SHE'S GOT YOUR TALL BLUE HAIRED FRIEND LADY!"

[Do you do anything before running off towards where your A-Comms display the Ghost Girl's position?]

The situation continued to deteriorate as Emmanuel learned that Uno was captured and that the Ghost Girl had easily leaped out of what was left of their trap. The stakes had just gotten higher than ever and no one here could afford another folly.

And that meant they had to be more resourceful. He glanced over his A-Comm, checking the location of the Ghost Girl's signature, and then to Sena's new Pokemon - Frogadier, a Pokemon known for its 'unparalleled speed'. "We can't catch up with her like this... Our Pokemon will have to go ahead first." Emmanuel pointed out. "And Rita. Tell us everything you know about the Ghost Girl, okay?" Perhaps it was because he prioritized coming up with a plan that he was able to hold back his anger for Rita, and talk to her in a calm and calculated tone.

In meantime, he called Ray, asking her to see if she could notify the remaining Cadets in the town to get ready for capture.

"There's just one problem with that, that's all well and good for Sena and his Frogadier over here or Rita and her Rotom, but I have no idea if any of my or Cathode's Pokemon can even move that quickly, at most my Woobat just might be able to provide some aerial surveillance if she can pick Ghost Girl out from the crowd, but I don't know how much Cathode's Onyx can help this time," Radovan quickly pointed out as he took a couple of steps towards Sena in a nonchalant manner, before he suddenly grasped the man by his shoulders and said, "And did she tell you where she was taking Uno? And did she hurt her at all?."

Sena looked at Emmanuel, trying to explain the situation as best as he could. “Long story short, the Ghost Girl call herself Alpha, she sees herself as a woman that was born from Uno’s desire to return everything back it was before the worse Gyarados incident that happened 10 years ago by sinking the whole island, but that’s all I could understand from the whole thing, sorry about that.” He then turn his attention to a surprisingly worried Radovan, “I’m not going to say that you have to relax but I have a feeling that Alpha won’t harm Uno, she still need her after all.” Said Sena as he take off Radovan’s hand from his shoulder.

“Rita have pinned Alpha’s signature with her Rotom scanner. I won’t ask you guys to trust Rita, but right now, Rita is the only one who could guide us to Alpha’s location.” He hasn’t forgive and trust Rita completely but with how dire the situation really is, they need all the help they can get.

"Y-yeah, I don't think Suzie will be able to traverse through the building interior swiftly. Even I would have been faster."    She stood silent for a while, thinking, then eventually talked.  "Maybe those with the faster pokemon could  try to catch up to her and chase her in a way where she would end up  to an ambush I could set up with Suzie?  Rock Tomb sounds like the perfect attack for that." 

Alpha.

A woman.

Sinking the whole island.

"A new legend has surfaced."

"Which came first, the Pidgey or the egg? The Land or the Sea?"

"A...woman thrown between the two. But who is she?"

So, the Abravators were talking about Uno. Alpha would be the beginning... The sea? Who would be the land, then?

All signs pointed toward danger. It was their luck that the Tree of Life was away from civilization. But not this time. This legend... was leading her offensive directly against humans and Pokemon! Then... what was her plan, exactly? Could it be that she was trying to get to the sea? Emmanuel had no choice but to leave the mystery to Sena. Perhaps firsthand experience with Alpha might've given him more to work with.

Regardless, they had to intercept Alpha and rescue Uno. "Then we'll send Frogadier, Motor, and if you'd like to, Woobat, to hunt down Alpha. In any case, we should get going now."

“Right.” Sena crouch down to Frogadier. “I’m glad you came back to help but I’m not sure if this specially made Aether Ball actually means you will join me permanently, when this whole shenanigan is over, do you want to join my team? Please, think it over, okay? Now let’s go, time for us to stop Alpha’s plan.” Frogadier just nodded, he seems to have the answer already but decide not to speak of it due to the current situation, and then he left, trying his best to catch up to Alpha and stop her. “Time for us to chase after them! Lead the way Rita!”

#04 OUTSKIRTS - The crushed stairway

*+Zeta, Rita*

Music: Spring to Action

"Roger that, Cadet Emmanuel." Ray salutes you over the A-Comm with a big smile on her face before the holographic display turns off. Moments later it switches back on with a flustered Ray on display. "W-wait did you say Rita has her Rotom with her? AHHH we're not getting any readings on her handcuffs either-" The trasmission is suddenly cut off and Rita's pouting on the side. "Fiiiine, I won't jam her." She says, waving a hand over her throat towards Motor to signal it to cut the jamming.

Once Ray's back on line, Rita's the one to approach Emm's Comm. "Look, I'll let you grab data from Motor while he's chasing the Ghost Girl. This will give you visuals and better scanning capabilities, right? So just cut me loose for now pretty please~" She grins innocently. Ray's confused but sighs. "R-right, f-for now. I need some training in negotiations.... A-anyways, I'll call the other Cadets in town. And I'll be rerouting data from M-motor to all your A-Comms too." She logs off while a new display appears on your A-Comms which you can use to keep active track on Alpha. She's heading towards the sea, as suspected.

[You send Frogadier, Motor, and potentially Woobat to chase Alpha]

Meanwhile, as you follow them as well, Rita turns to Emm. "See, the Ghost Gi- I mean Alpha, I've been researching the disappearances after talk of her reached my Academy. I ran to #04 to follow my leads and what I've found out is she's kidnapping people with connections to the Acquarium incident 10 years ago. Long story short, some Gyarados cut loose during the festival 10 years ago. The festival that's running right now, actually. There's no records on how these Gyarados appeared and witness accounts have been unreliable, probably due to shock. Many people lost their families then and it was a pretty big commotion with a whole bunch of people present. It's...quite possible most, if not all, that actually witnessed the appearance of the Gyrados have been killed first in the incident, as they were the closest. All I remember is my mother's cold hand sticking out from under the rubb... I-I'm sorry, we need to focus. I was far too young then to be a reliable witness, my accounts mean nothing to me now. We've gotta investigate retroactively, and for that, we need Alpha. And your friend. Uno, was it? She's definitely connected to the incident. Alpha mentioned something like dancing with Gyarados. I've had no time to properly investigate, but Motor ran some background checks in the meantime while we ran, and it seems it's like some tradition or something. Ancient though. One of the lost texts that predate Space Aether's era. Apparently people did it way back then on these festivals, but there's, again, no records of such rituals being performed on Wailuda. It's all a big mystery you see, and I love a big mystery!" She smiles, apparently very excitedly. Also seems like she's been running investigations even as you all spoke and before meeting up with the whole party. Like how she was ready to escape and meet up with her Pokemon, this girl plans for most possible turns of events, either out of curiosity and inquisitivness or something else. Either way, she's quite a handful.

"I-if Uno's with Alpha, then where's Betani?" Zeta calls out, running next to Radovan. "They ran off together, so what if something happened to her?"

[Checking your A-Comm, you can't seem to pinpoint Betani's A-Comm anywhere on Wailuda. She's either not in the Nexus or has somehow gone incognito, which isn't easy to do.]

"Hmm, I've had no issue going rogue but she doesn't have an awesome Rotom A-Comm like I do! D-does she??" Rita pulls at Sena's sleeve, demanding an answer.

"So she's gone? Did she go back home?"

Ray buzzes in. "There are several Cadet groups chasing Alpha. We've authorised use of Pokemon and they're already clashing! We're reading battle status but it doesn't seem to be going well. At best they'll just slow her down, but that might allow you to catch up before she escapes like every night! Oh, and Betani's not in #00 either. I've just ran checks and she's not in any of the Nexus. Her Comm must be malfunctioning or something, like when Sena's was broken. I don't know of any other reason she'd be off grid... I'll alert the Chief. Same thing happened with his son, if you remember. Sey's his name. Actually....same thing's happened to everyone kidnapped by Alpha! They must have all been taken somewhere where we can't locate them by her! Or, well, probab-"

"Excellent observation, phone lady, but we need more than just guesses, so leave this to the pros, and that's me. Yeah Alpha's definitely got them off grid so we couldn't track them. She must be using some mumbo jumbo to keep them hidden, cause she's like, totally a grandma. Doesn't look like she's good with gadgets. Trust me, I'm a leader of academy's number 1 ghost club!" Her Shuppet nods in confirmation.

You follow the directions on your A-Comm. The Pokemon you sent are about to make contact with Alpha!

"Great, Motor!" Rita grabs hold of Sena's A-Comm to contact her Rotom. "Your job's to slow her down, not get beat up by her, so be careful!"

"Guys we're reading battle data between your Pokemon and Alpha! They're fighting on the beach! You'll reach them soon enough, they've just gotta hold on!"

As you run through the town, you pass by several Cadets. Even the ones from yesterday, the rude duo, that is.

"S-she was totally unphased by all of my Plusle's Thunder Shocks-" Cries the taller, skinnier one, cradling a Plusle that appears to be sleeping. "Had to use Rest after she used some big blue powerful ray thing attack!"

"Right right. But my Venipede's Poison Tail actually seemed to hurt her. Her damage was all gone the next turn though..."

"Of course you couldn't do it right and now they're gonna steal our glory again!" He sniffles. "Gramma's gonna be so disappointed when I come back home-"

[You leave them to their woeful lives and continue on]

"AH, guys, your Pokemon can't hold on much longer!"

"We're right there, just a little more-"

The transmission from Motor's A-Comm cuts off as you step foot on the beach. Your displays read its HP as 0, while Alpha is still at maximum health. She seems to have trapped Frogadier between those spikes that she used against Sena yesterday. Frogadier was trapped between them, unable to break them apart, leaving Alpha ready to escape. She's already next to the water, while you've only broken onto the beach. She'd reach the sea before you'd have the time to reach her-

Something's wrong though. Uno. She's standing next to her, her silhuette darkened as the moon shines from behind her.

Music: Isolation

dd8vfz4-7a49f7d2-cdcd-4cbf-a155-663732ee

"Alpha, will you let them follow us? I want them... I want them to be safe with us." She says to Alpha.

"If you so wish, I have no qualms."

Uno smiles gently. "Thank you very much. Now, let's go."

The two of them turn from you and walk into the water until you can no longer see their heads. Uno's words echo in your heads.

/Alpha, will you let them follow us?/

You will most likely be gives safe passage by Uno's request, so if you follow them, you might be able to reach wherever it is that they've been taking people to. However, you might be denied passage if you bring anyone not currently there with you, at which point... Wailuda might sink, if what Alpha said was true.

[Will you walk into the starry sea?]

1) Yes

2) No

Safe? Safe?! Pick out a few lucky people and sink the rest? As much as Emmanuel had longed for the past, the brighter times, sacrificing the present was not an acceptable way to recover the past. And the worst part is, Uno seemed to be fine with that plan.

Emmanuel could not stand for this.

"That is your decision, Uno," he said to the vanishing shadows, "but, I'm not going to abandon the present."

Adamantly, he turned away from the starry sea. It was a display of resolve, but at the same time, a gamble. They hadn't met for very long, but... would she sacrifice him as well?

“Frogadier?! You okay?!” Sena recalled Frogadier and then summon him, a loophole he decide to use to save Frogadier “thank goodness... you did great, thank you for slowing her down.”

Sena stood up after checking the injuries on Frogadier’s body, he still could not get over of his past, but the past is already in the past. “No, I won’t go there... why don’t you come over here? Both of you. Try and stop us from stopping you doing this stupidity.” Taunting both of the woman.

#04 BEACH

*+Zeta, Rita*

Frogadier breaks out of Sena's Aether Ball after hearing the boy'd proclamation. It looks Sena in the eye, angry, and runs off into the sea, following Alpha and Uno.

Rita turns towards him and frowns, picking Motor in its A-Comm forme up. "Sena, there are innocent kidnapped people there! Most likely. I'll be following them for sure, if not just to stop them, then to save the others too."

[Sena lost access to Frogadier during combat]

[Will Sena follow Frogadier into the starry sea?]

1) Yes

2) No

Sena’s emotion clouded his judgment this time, he realize what he said after Frogadier gave him a glare. sigh I should have known. Frogadier wait! Rita, We’re going after him! We need one more person with us since I have a feeling that we might have to battle them.” He approach Emmanuel. “Emmanuel do you want to help us?”

"No. And I'm going nowhere. I'd still like to hope that Uno's conscience would persuade her to stop working with Alpha, knowing that I am still on the island, but regardless, I will take it upon myself to stop whatever they're using to sink it," Emmanuel made his point blunt and clear. "Sena, I believe in you. Go down there and snap her out of it, okay?" He smiled, having already made his decision.

Cathode was torn between following the two, and trying to stop them,  and staying on the island to try and prevent anything that befell it in case they left it unattended.  Ultimately what sealed the deal for her was  what she knew she could do better, considering she has a big rock snake.  "If I had a faster pokemon that was not extremely vulnerable to water, I-I would have ran after them and try to stop them, b-but I am more suited to staying back and trying to protect the place in case anything happens."  Her gaze fell upon the frogadier that was rushing into the sea.  "N-new friend? He seems quite worked up about the situation. Is he related to this incident? I remember those two saying about giving you a pokemon that was well-prepared for this. M-maybe you need to trust his judgment this time."