Charlotte is a joke

RagesSorrow

Everyone says "Charlotte is the toughest gym leader. You'll get beat a lot by her." I only took 3 times to beat her. Strategy was pretty simple too. Mamoswine uses Earthquake turn 1 and Noivern uses Hurricane to put out the flames if they get put up. If mamoswine and Noivern die switch in Golem and use Stone Edge and Switch in Hariyama and use Knock off and Close Combat. All in all the only sub I made was the Golem for my Granbull. Now that the gym is done golems chilling in the box.

Team I used for this challenge was.

Mamoswine Lv. 64 - Thick Fat

Ancient Power, Rock Smash, Ice Shard, Earthquake

Golem Lv. 60 - Sturdy

Earthquake, Stone Edge, Explosion, Stealth Rock

Greninja Lv. 62 - Protean

Surf, Rain Dance, Extrasensory, Smack Down

Hariyama Lv. 63 - Thick Fat

Knock Off, Strength, Close Combat, Heavy Slam

Drapion Lv. 62 - Sniper

Cross Poison, Rain Dance, Toxic Spikes, Crunch

Noivern Lv. 63 - Infiltrator

Dragon Pulse, Boomburst, Shadow Ball, Hurricane.

Well you should have seen her at the pre nerf. That one was so mind sweeping and pretty hard.

And i tend to agree. After the nerf, it was more easier to defeat Charlotte.

Pretty good team you have. Good luck on the meme gym leader.

(EDIT) I agree with what Etesian and Jan said below. You had a pretty damn good team. We can say that it depends what team the player had. Sometimes it can be easy, sometimes it can be difficult.

Edited by ShingSt

• Developers

I wouldnt call her a joke. She's only the hardest if you let her be. She's difficult in her own right. It also depends on your team, and your's is lookin' pretty good against her, tbh.

Considering you have 2 EQ users, a Boomburst user, a Thick Fatter and that Smack Down for Volcarona (#itssomething), I can see why you had an easy time. But fact is, she is tough. Tougher than previous leaders, that's for sure. The vast majority of the community agrees. So...if I may ask, what's the point of this topic? If it's to recommend a strategy for her, plenty have been posted around the forums. It's also extremely unlikely she'll get buffed either.

Depends whether or not you consider Darminitan worse than drought ninetales. Personally I do and consider it her biggest threat.

Unless 14.5 nerfed her again.

and dude she's easy since you knew exactly what she'd be coming at you with. For someone playing blind she's one of if not the hardest boss of the game. Disc 2 final boss IMO.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

This is hard for me to admit, since I am the greatest pokemon master but charlotte was a nightmare for me.

Her Typhlosion Eruption and Ninetales Heat wave in the sunny day on the blazing Field was a combo that was resisted my only few of my pokemon.

Of course, being a mathematician and a liar I calculated the damage. Typlosion with eruption dealt the damage of a non-STAB explosion to 2 enemy pokemon, namely 405 Power eruption. Ninetales did a bit less with a non-STAB heat wave with the a power of 337,5 to 2 enemy pokemon (more than 3/4th of an explosion).

To be clear, with resisted I mean they survived, not that it was not very effective, that didn't matter anymore, the only thing that mattered was golem and lickylicky/blissey with huge special defense and perhaps explosion, which was bugged during the episode I fought charlotte hours of ev and exp training down the drain.

I am happy for my fellow Reborn trainers that they won't have to face charlotte as the explosive Monster she used to be. But if you say she's easy I'm gonna come to your house and....

Edited by LeMasterJP

Whether or not a gym leader is tough to defeat is heavily dependent on your team. Like the others said above, your team is pretty much perfect for Charlotte. I'm sorry to be that guy but you don't have to be like "Omg she was sooo easy" and have a boasting attitude

Edited by Xiri

Everyone says "Charlotte is the toughest gym leader. You'll get beat a lot by her." I only took 3 times to beat her. Strategy was pretty simple too. Mamoswine uses Earthquake turn 1 and Noivern uses Hurricane to put out the flames if they get put up.

Sounds like a good thing that Charlotte doesn't lead with Ninetales anymore! Otherwise your Mamoswine would get OHKO'd every time.

So.. you're forced to switch out one of your pokemon, and have a team with 4/6 pokemon that resist fire + no weaknesses tof ire (since mamoswine has thick fat), tons of attacks that hit both of her pokemon in a 2v2 fight (and are super effective), *still* take 3 attempts to beat her, and then proclaim that she's a joke. Pick any or all of the above and this is pretty much just a troll post targetting anyone that has difficulty with Charlotte - a fight that forces you to switch out one of your main team (and spend a link stone at that) and still beats you 2/3 times when you already had lots of favourable type matchups is not what I consider a joke of a fight.