Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

2 minutes ago, RhythmMelody said:

I fear I'm seriously no good at taking stuff with pinches or tons of salt ^^'' I'm not that much enjoying anime/series to begin with, so it's even harder if I dislike the main character :D specially when he's as dull as Ash, even though I'll admit that it's true, that he is forced to forget. Didn't think about that till now.

To be honest, I only select episodes of the anime and watch occasionally, depending on 'mons I like. Watched one that had Sawsbuck starring, another with Dwebble and a couple with Vivillon and Dragonair.

Other than that, I kinda go for the league, because I don't wanna watch the 25 thousand fillers where Ash helps everyone in every possible way. It is a bit boring and repetitive.

To be honest, I'd follow a series with Gary as a main character. Always liked him for some reason. He was arrogant, but he had skills. And he had a moral compass as well, as shown in many circumstances. And, in all honesty, excessive modesty doesn't help an individual advance sometimes. You need to be a bit cocky and have faith in your abilities. Otherwise, everyone tramples over you.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jess said:

To be honest, I only select episodes of the anime and watch occasionally, depending on 'mons I like. Watched one that had Sawsbuck starring, another with Dwebble and a couple with Vivillon and Dragonair.

Other than that, I kinda go for the league, because I don't wanna watch the 25 thousand fillers where Ash helps everyone in every possible way. It is a bit boring and repetitive.

To be honest, I'd follow a series with Gary as a main character. Always liked him for some reason. He was arrogant, but he had skills. And he had a moral compass as well, as shown in many circumstances. And, in all honesty, excessive modesty doesn't help an individual advance sometimes. You need to be a bit cocky and have faith in your abilities. Otherwise, everyone tramples over you.

I would only watch if its in Free TV by chance when I'm watching TV. Looking at the fact that I'm watching TV like once every three months, I don't think I'll watch it :D

My favorite would be a Pokemon series with James as its protagonist. Though Gary would be an interesting candidate too, with lots of space for character improvement. Unlike Ash who learns to control his temper and help people and how one should train pokemon, Gary would learn to be a bit more humble. And yeah, modesty should be more of a tool and less of a character property :D 

1 minute ago, RhythmMelody said:

I would only watch if its in Free TV by chance when I'm watching TV. Looking at the fact that I'm watching TV like once every three months, I don't think I'll watch it :D

My favorite would be a Pokemon series with James as its protagonist. Though Gary would be an interesting candidate too, with lots of space for character improvement. Unlike Ash who learns to control his temper and help people and how one should train pokemon, Gary would learn to be a bit more humble. And yeah, modesty should be more of a tool and less of a character property :D 

You can easily find all episodes online though. Many sites host them. James would be nice to see too. In general, I'd like to have a "criminal" as a protagonist, see the motives unravel. But, as I said, the show has a target group of 10-year-old kids, hence it would be "promoting violence and delinquence, wah wah wah". I bet there would be many accusations like this if Free TV showed such a show.

Just now, Jess said:

You can easily find all episodes online though. Many sites host them. James would be nice to see too. In general, I'd like to have a "criminal" as a protagonist, see the motives unravel. But, as I said, the show has a target group of 10-year-old kids, hence it would be "promoting violence and delinquence, wah wah wah". I bet there would be many accusations like this if Free TV showed such a show.

I know, but I'm no fan of watching anime, specially not without company, which is why I don't have any motivation to watch it all alone :D But yeah, too bad that Pokemon is a show for kids. There are quite a lot of shows that would be nice with an adult approach on things.

Just now, RhythmMelody said:

I know, but I'm no fan of watching anime, specially not without company, which is why I don't have any motivation to watch it all alone :D But yeah, too bad that Pokemon is a show for kids. There are quite a lot of shows that would be nice with an adult approach on things.

I mostly devour anime and nobody can keep up to my marathons, why I only watch anime on my own.

Clannad and Clannad-after story in 3 days was a bit extreme...

CHAPTER 16: So much suspense!

LONG CHAPTER WARNING! GET YOUR POPCORN AND ENJOY! (2nd time in a row)

Yes, Terra is done and trapped in electronic circuits, thanks to Samson (God bless him, seriously). However, this doesn't mean that we are done meeting annoying characters. Yes, this episode features the annoying swordswoman, after the annoying hammergirl.

And yes, I mean Titania. Long story short, I enabled TMX Waterfall outside of battle, taught it to Charybdis, my Tentacruel, and got down Celestinine Cascade to meet Titania, who greeted me with the "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you down here?"

Well, yes, I do. Do you have any idea how easily I can just Waterfall up again and leave you here to rot?

I thought so.

You're glad I wanna save Amaria, or I'd hand you to Team Meteor without second thought. Straight to Lin actually! Murdering freak...

Ahem, anyways, I was supposed to try not to be salty today. So, Taka helps us throughout this maze that is an actual hell (not even once I have managed to clear it on my own. Thank God Youtube walkthroughs of this exist). Taka counters the annoyance that Titania is, and, even though I'd love to Poison Jab her ass with Nidoking and dump her, my character says nothing for the murders that take place, even though it's obvious that Taka is helping us...

Of course I let her starve to death when she said she was hungry. Hell, I didn't even ask. Waste of a Blue Moon Ice Cream in my previous run.

Spoiler

Soon, divine retribution rained upon myself for that. I got more lost than anyone has ever been before. The driver of the Chrysolia Forest's lost train was more in control than me. Even Liam Neeson in "The Grey" was less lost than me! And this led to pointless roaming. And rage. And pausing the recording to google the puzzle solution.

Spoiler

After I rescued myself (@Lostelle actually rescued me, with his tutorial, and I'll be eternally grateful), I defeated PULSE Swalot and started clearing the water in all rooms of the Water Treatment Centre.

VS PULSE Swalot

Spoiler

But, you know the drill, soon I was lost again, and had to find the last 2 filthy water chambers, which took a while. Then I managed to release the murderer from her deadend, and confront Taka, who readily returned the Sapphire Bracelets and Amaria, after his grunts offered her the first aid. But of course, Titania already murdered all those grunts. "Tough", as she says. Can I kill her please? Game? Give me this option, I beg of you!

Of course she doesn't want to help Taka, and of course I WILL help Taka.

Firstly, because he is kind of our double agent in Meteor ranks. Highly useful. And will be WAY more useful from his current position compared to how useful he would be if he officially and openly joined our side. But Titania is too "Grrrrrr" to know diplomacy. Kinda like Hardy at Calcenon at Ruby Ring incident.

Secondly, I love Taka. He needs my help, I owe him one. For the time he released me with his Chatot from the Nuzleaf cage. :) 

VS TAKA

Spoiler

So, I promptly defeat him, leave, hear Titania whine again about how she doesn't need me since Lapras knows Waterfall and Waterfall myself up as well. At Fiore Mansion I meet Florinia and Julia again. Florinia delivers the TMX Fly to us (at last!) and Julia breaks the fourth wall a tiny bit. Then, we prepare ourselves to defend Fiore Mansion from Team Meteor's invasion!

VS FERN/BLAKE SOLARIS/ORDERLY JOHN

Spoiler

Meteors retreat, Amaria has retrogravy amnesty, as Dr. Julia diagnoses and Titania is desperate and flies off to her Gym, in Tourmaline Desert, to keep the Sapphire Bracelets safe. So, Julia stays to take care of Amaria, Florinia goes to Calcenon to reinforce the anti-Meteor allied forces, and I go back to Agate Circus, for the last time (also at last!) to fight Ciel!

Ciel gives me the Battle Pass and... the battle begins!

VS CIEL

The team I chose to face Ciel was the following:

Spoiler

toxicroak.gif

Artemis, the Toxicroak (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Poison Barb)

Adamant/Dry Skin

• Poison Jab
  • Taunt
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Air Balloon)

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Gunk Shot
  • Ice Fang
  • Coil

dragalge.gif

Oceanus, the Dragalge (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Black Sludge)

Timid/Adaptability

• Sludge Wave
  • Surf
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Icy Wind

tentacruel.gif

Charybdis, the Tentacruel (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Air Balloon)

Relaxed/Liquid Ooze

• Acid Spray
  • Surf
  • Icy Wind
  • Sludge Wave

crobat.gif

Nephele, the Crobat (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Flying Gem)

Adamant/Infiltrator

• Acrobatics
  • Cross Poison
  • Bite
  • Rain Dance

weezing.gif

Nemesis, the Weezing (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Iron Ball)

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Destiny Bond

And straight into the battle coverage!

Spoiler

Another easy victory on first try grants me the 13th Badge, the Suspension Badge as it is called! I also win the TM for Acrobatics and the Level Cap gets raised to Lv.80. But, most importantly, I can now return to Reborn City (and go pretty much wherever I like) by using the TMX Fly!

Which I will do in the next episode of this poooiiisonous run!

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edited by Jess

14 minutes ago, St0mpa said:

I don't think that Titania is as bad as you were saying. Yeh she is a bit psyco but she isn't too bad. IMO I think that she is still a better person that Taka.

Nah. Taka is forced into Team Meteor because it's his family's heritage to protect the underground shrine. The decisions his father makes would be different if Taka was the head of Team Meteor.

Titania is someone who thinks that end justifies the means. It doesn't. And she is a murderer. No excuses can justify murder, taking lives.

13 minutes ago, Orasha said:

Nice work in that large installment! You're almost done! :D 

Last couple updates were huge! 1 more to go and then I'll start my next run! In rejuvenation this time ;) 

6 minutes ago, Jess said:

Nah. Taka is forced into Team Meteor because it's his family's heritage to protect the underground shrine. The decisions his father makes would be different if Taka was the head of Team Meteor.

Unless he is revealed to be a legit spy, I don't have any sympathy for him.  It may be difficult, but he could attempt escape and leave the region entirely.  

7 minutes ago, Jess said:

Titania is someone who thinks that end justifies the means. It doesn't. And she is a murderer. No excuses can justify murder, taking lives.

The age old question comes back: is killing a murder or a group that aids with murderers justified?  While I feel she may have went a bit overboard, I will never put her on the level of Team Meteor, who kills the innocent, unless she herself kills an innocent. 

19 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Unless he is revealed to be a legit spy, I don't have any sympathy for him.  It may be difficult, but he could attempt escape and leave the region entirely.  

How would he be able to help us if he did so? Someone can do the work of a legit spy without being hired by anyone. Because of his sense of right and wrong. Does someone have to have a label on his vest in order to call him a spy?

Taka IS our double agent within the Meteor ranks. His actions make him that, not the fact that he is/isn't "hired" as a spy. Whether he did it because Ame hired him or because he feels it's the right thing to do means nothing at all.

Also, Taka probably doesn't want to abandon his family heritage, but wants to change the way Team Meteor works. And he can't do both, unless he: 1) Stays in Team Meteor and 2) Destroys its current structure and operations from the inside, as he (very successfully) does so far.

So yes, I respect him and sympathise with him. Because he isn't a murderer. Like Titania is.

19 minutes ago, seki108 said:

The age old question comes back: is killing a murder or a group that aids with murderers justified?  While I feel she may have went a bit overboard, I will never put her on the level of Team Meteor, who kills the innocent, unless she herself kills an innocent. 

Hardly a question. No human being has the authority to take the life of another human being. Imprison a criminal for all his/her life into a 1 square metre area cell. But you can't kill. Once you kill, you are a murderer too.

And you know what they say... "Once a beast tastes human blood, nothing is as sweet"

Edited by Jess

25 minutes ago, seki108 said:

The only thing I can add to Jess' response to the first part is that, had Taka escaped the region earlier, more people would have died. Without Taka, we wouldn't know about Team Meteor's plans for Pyrous Mountain. Sure, Kiki would have lived... a little while longer, but all of the students would have been killed. 

In terms of that "age old question," IMO the grunts are basically innocent. The reasons why Simon, Aster, and Eclipse joined were basically due to personal trauma, and Team Meteor (falsely) claims it can alleviate that pain and suffering. You can argue that killing the higher-ups like Solaris, Sirius, and Lin would save people, but killing the grunts does nothing because most of them are victims as well. I feel sympathy for at least some of the grunts, because they're being taken advantage of. 

Of course, we're getting plenty off topic now :D 

2 minutes ago, Orasha said:

The only thing I can add to Jess' response to the first part is that, had Taka escaped the region earlier, more people would have died. Without Taka, we wouldn't know about Team Meteor's plans for Pyrous Mountain. Sure, Kiki would have lived... a little while longer, but all of the students would have been killed. 

In terms of that "age old question," IMO the grunts are basically innocent. The reasons why Simon, Aster, and Eclipse joined were basically due to personal trauma, and Team Meteor (falsely) claims it can alleviate that pain and suffering. You can argue that killing the higher-ups like Solaris, Sirius, and Lin would save people, but killing the grunts does nothing because most of them are victims as well. I feel sympathy for at least some of the grunts, because they're being taken advantage of. 

Of course, we're getting plenty off topic now :D 

I couldn't have said it any way better than you did. Also, Titania has a lv.80 Aegislash. How are grunts a threat to her? They aren't a threat to us! More so to a higher ranked Gym Leder! She rendered them unable to stop her, taking their lives is just an act of violence, nothing necessary. 

She just killed them to satisfy her inner rage. Instead of visiting a psychiatrist for a treatment. Dr. Sigmund even.

What a match against the team Meteor, i'm glad you managed to win :). I agree another easy victory against Ciel, with your Crobat and his acrobatics, you beat her very easily ;). As Ciel said; bravo, bravo and bravo Jess, many cheers to you (again :P)

3 hours ago, Jess said:

She just killed them to satisfy her inner rage. Instead of visiting a psychiatrist for a treatment.

Actually I don't think she did. Here is why 1) she kills them while weilding aegislash and this is its pokemon X dex entry ' Generations of kings were attended by these Pokémon, which used their spectral power to manipulate and control people and Pokémon. ' 2) She has snapped she has spent a long time being unhappy just to make sure Amaria is happy and doesn't try to commit suicide. Now even though she says she doesn't love her she cares about her enough to go through that for so long and Amaria just tried to commit suicide after all the effort Titania put in to keep her happy and she dives off a waterfall after her in some wild hope that she is still alive and when she gets to the bottom in a fit of rage she only sees Team Meteor in the way. 3) Now my reasoning to why she killed so much with such little remorse. Now while she is in a fit of rage she is very emotionally unstable and thus very easilly manipulated by aegislash (as seen in the dex entry above) and taking Honedge's dex entry from Y ' It attaches itself to people and drinks their life force. ' I think that it gains something from her killing so it manipulates her into doing it.

Now with your reasoning on Taka I think better of him.

1 hour ago, St0mpa said:

Actually I don't think she did. Here is why 1) she kills them while weilding aegislash and this is its pokemon X dex entry ' Generations of kings were attended by these Pokémon, which used their spectral power to manipulate and control people and Pokémon. ' 2) She has snapped she has spent a long time being unhappy just to make sure Amaria is happy and doesn't try to commit suicide. Now even though she says she doesn't love her she cares about her enough to go through that for so long and Amaria just tried to commit suicide after all the effort Titania put in to keep her happy and she dives off a waterfall after her in some wild hope that she is still alive and when she gets to the bottom in a fit of rage she only sees Team Meteor in the way. 3) Now my reasoning to why she killed so much with such little remorse. Now while she is in a fit of rage she is very emotionally unstable and thus very easilly manipulated by aegislash (as seen in the dex entry above) and taking Honedge's dex entry from Y ' It attaches itself to people and drinks their life force. ' I think that it gains something from her killing so it manipulates her into doing it.

That's a really interesting idea, I don't read Pokedex entries so I didn't know that. Hm. Considering how Reborn pays attention to Pokedex entries, especially darker themed ones, that seems pretty believable. Hopefully there will be more information about their relationship in episode 17. 

1 hour ago, St0mpa said:

33 minutes ago, Orasha said:

That's a really interesting idea, I don't read Pokedex entries so I didn't know that. Hm. Considering how Reborn pays attention to Pokedex entries, especially darker themed ones, that seems pretty believable. Hopefully there will be more information about their relationship in episode 17. 

I didn't know that about Aegislash and Honedge! And indeed, as we saw with Eclipse and Chandelure reference to its Pokedex entry, I don't think it is impossible. It would be a nice sidestory, a trainer being a victim of a malicious Pokemon of her squad!

It is highly unlikely, yet it would seriously be interesting to see that being the truth!

15 hours ago, LykosHand said:

What a match against the team Meteor, i'm glad you managed to win :). I agree another easy victory against Ciel, with your Crobat and his acrobatics, you beat her very easily ;). As Ciel said; bravo, bravo and bravo Jess, many cheers to you (again :P)

6 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

That Fiore Mansion battle though... :o  

Very interesting to watch!

And you made a fool out of Ciel :D  

Thanks Lykos and Hongaar! :D 

Yes, it was a very close battle! And honestly, Julia and Florinia really proved why they are Gym leaders at Fiore Mansion! Especially Julia in the battle vs Solaris and Orderly John.

Gotta admit, Heliolisk for MVP! <3

And yes, Ciel turned out to be much easier than I thought. Crobat is too overpowered in the Big Top Arena! And the supporting cast went great too! (especially Weezing) ;) 

PS: @LykosHand My Crobat is a she ;) 

Edited by Jess

17 minutes ago, Jess said:

Thanks Lykos and Hongaar! :D 

Yes, it was a very close battle! And honestly, Julia and Florinia really proved why they are Gym leaders at Fiore Mansion! Especially Julia in the battle vs Solaris and Orderly John.

Gotta admit, Heliolisk for MVP! <3

And yes, Ciel turned out to be much easier than I thought. Crobat is too overpowered in the Big Top Arena! And the supporting cast went great too! (especially Weezing) ;) 

You're welcome :D
I agree Heliolisk deserved to be MVP, but also your team did a good job ;). Exactly, it was a really easy win :D 

12 minutes ago, Jess said:

Yes, honestly, Julia and Florinia really proved why they are Gym leaders at Fiore Mansion! Especially Julia in the battle vs Solaris and Orderly John.

How do you get to fight Solaris/John with Julia instead of Florinia? Never had that conversation between Fern and Florinia with her getting attacked by Seviper o:

3 hours ago, RhythmMelody said:

How do you get to fight Solaris/John with Julia instead of Florinia? Never had that conversation between Fern and Florinia with her getting attacked by Seviper o:

It depends on whether you won against Solaris on Pyrous Mountain or not

5 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

It depends on whether you won against Solaris on Pyrous Mountain or not

Whitch can be hard to do in a mono run. But a normal run it is easy to do (or dark or flying). *waves at prankster perish song murkrow*

5 hours ago, RhythmMelody said:

As @HongaarseBeer said, you have to defeat Solaris and his Garchomp at Pyrous Mountain. If you lose that fight, you'll team up with Florinia for all 3 double battles you have to win at Fiore Mansion.

1 hour ago, St0mpa said:

Whitch can be hard to do in a mono run. But a normal run it is easy to do (or dark or flying). *waves at prankster perish song murkrow*

It isn't really hard for any mono-run. Every type has either Destiny Bond, Perish Song or Counter, all of which grant you an easy win vs that.