Poison Monotype run of Reborn (Latest Defeated Leader: Amaria)

Jess

15 minutes ago, Jess said:

Your Icarus turned out to be a Female Zubat, so name was unusable... Sorry :(

I'm crying on the inside...

Nah, it's okay, don't worry about it!

15 hours ago, Jess said:

worshipping Pokemon in a game where Pokemon are pets, isn't the same as having a Killer Whale for your God in real life? Ridiculous

Don't Indians worship cows? That's kind of the same idea, isn't it?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

I'm crying on the inside...

Nah, it's okay, don't worry about it!

Don't Indians worship cows? That's kind of the same idea, isn't it?

It's weird, 9/10 of my team are female. LOL, I'm sorry, just couldn't pass on that great set of IVs.

Also, I hadn't thought about Indians. Cow is their holy animal, but I don't think they worship it as a god. They don't harm cows and treat them well, like loved domestic animals.

But it's still weird, and seems very primitive to worship an animal as a god. This is just my opinion though, I'd not want to offend anyone on this, because religious aspects are very sensitive and every person has the right to believe anything, as long as he/she doesn't violate the rights of other people (which is exactly what El does).

6 hours ago, Jess said:

It's weird, 9/10 of my team are female. LOL, I'm sorry, just couldn't pass on that great set of IVs.

Also, I hadn't thought about Indians. Cow is their holy animal, but I don't think they worship it as a god. They don't harm cows and treat them well, like loved domestic animals.

But it's still weird, and seems very primitive to worship an animal as a god. This is just my opinion though, I'd not want to offend anyone on this, because religious aspects are very sensitive and every person has the right to believe anything, as long as he/she doesn't violate the rights of other people (which is exactly what El does).

A lot of ancient polytheism deifies certain animals, and I think it's just weird to us because not that many people believe that sort of thing anymore. 

Of course, the deific status and power of Legendary pokemon has always been sort of strange to me. Arceus is literally the creator of all Pokemon and possibly the universe, but we can contain him in a mechanical ball and command him to fight for us. And then other legendaries are masters of space and time and we can still use them to battle other people. 

The Arceus cult stuff is one of my favorite parts of Reborn, because it's a somewhat logical conclusion of how Arceus is presented. If there was a killer whale that you were pretty sure had created the universe, wouldn't it's status as an animal be irrelevant to your worship? Idk, that's how I think about it. 

3 hours ago, Orasha said:

A lot of ancient polytheism deifies certain animals, and I think it's just weird to us because not that many people believe that sort of thing anymore. 

Of course, the deific status and power of Legendary pokemon has always been sort of strange to me. Arceus is literally the creator of all Pokemon and possibly the universe, but we can contain him in a mechanical ball and command him to fight for us. And then other legendaries are masters of space and time and we can still use them to battle other people. 

The Arceus cult stuff is one of my favorite parts of Reborn, because it's a somewhat logical conclusion of how Arceus is presented. If there was a killer whale that you were pretty sure had created the universe, wouldn't it's status as an animal be irrelevant to your worship? Idk, that's how I think about it. 

I get your point, however, in my mind all animals are creations, none can be the creator. That's why I deny the possibility of God being an animal. Since Pokemon are the animal equivalents of the world of Pokemon, and because it is impossible to harness God's power with a mere tool of human technology, like a pokeball, and make it obey to your commands, we reach to the conclusion that Arceus can't possibly be a God of the Pokemon universe. A God can't be threatened by humans. And it is a horrendous hubris to even consider enslaving a God in actuality, like cultists do. That's why El is probably the most despicable character of Reborn.

In my beliefs, I prefer thinking of God in the form of an entity that is omnipotent and omnipresent and has created everything we can see from energy. If you want, in my mind God is the one who triggered the Big Bang, or the one who created the energy that existed before the Big Bang.

Hence, God can't possibly be witnessed living among mortal creatures, striving for survival.

But yes, many religions throughout the ages have worshipped animals, believing them to possess divine abilities. Ancient Egyptians with cats are just one more example. It is just not compatible with my set of beliefs and I didn't want to insult anyone by stating this. I apologise if I did.

3 hours ago, St0mpa said:

First time I have read through this looks very good will definatly be following this.

Thanks a lot!:) Feel free to stick around, give me advice or just say whatever you think about my run :D

Edited by Jess

For now these were the most difficult battles ever for you in my opinion. That quiver dance it's too OP O.o. I hope you will not have much trouble when you will battle Radomus. Anyway you are doing a great job as always and you also have a great patience Jess :D.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply :( 

7 hours ago, LykosHand said:

For now these were the most difficult battles ever for you in my opinion. That quiver dance it's too OP O.o. I hope you will not have much trouble when you will battle Radomus. Anyway you are doing a great job as always and you also have a great patience Jess :D.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply :( 

Haha, no worries! Quiver Dance is indeed the best setting-up move in game, together with Shell Smash. And pretty much the only thing (paired with the good supporting movepool and type coverage) that makes Bugs viable in late game with the lack of base stats they suffer from!

And thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Next chapter will be on either later tonight, or tomorrow. :) 

6 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Well donee!

Waiting for a certain special someone to appear! ;)

Haha, he will appear relatively soon. ;) 

Thank you! :D 

And, by the way, this special someone has been an absolute star in many occasions and I've loved him to bits! <3

Edited by Jess

4 hours ago, Jess said:

Haha, no worries! Quiver Dance is indeed the setting-up move in game, together with Shell Smash. And pretty much the only thing (paired with the good supporting movepool and type coverage) that makes Bugs viable in late game with the lack of base stats they suffer from!

And thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Next chapter will be on either later tonight, or tomorrow. :) 

Yeah i fully agree with you, but if i have to be honest, they have to balanced it in my opinion :P . You're welcome Jess ;). Oh very well i hope you can upload the next chapter tonight :D

Edited by LykosHand

CHAPTER 10: Return to normality!

After successfully getting the medicine, we return to Belrose Mansion and give it to Anna, who gives it to Nostra, and they both get well! Of course, since only her mental health was affected, it makes sense that a psychological treatment was the only thing necessary. Then, we try to fight Noel. But NOPE! Team Meteor has to interrupt, and more specifically Sigmund and Sirius. Saphira wrecks Meteors like shooting lilypads floating on a lake, and Sigmund gets destroyed by me. Sadly though, I can only defend so many people, so Shelly and Charlotte get taken by Sirius. And then, we go with Saphira and invade the Tanzan Mountain Base! In the process, I solve puzzles, suppress a frenzied Steelix (God, that thing's huge), meet Lin (to whom I wanna dedicate a song)

Spoiler

and take care of a PULSE Abra, helping Team Meteor with the mess they created themselves. The most interesting part of the following video (apart from the mass destruction) is that now Nidorina is a Nidoqueen.

Spoiler

nidoqueen.gif

Hera, the Nidoqueen (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Black Sludge)

Naughty/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Sludge Wave
  • Crunch
  • Earth Power

And quite a badass one! ;) Sigmund doesn't like Hera one bit, that's for sure!

VS DR. SIGMUND

Spoiler

After Team Meteor is taken care with, but with Charlotte in emotional trauma and followed by Laura (while Saphira is MIA after Lin's Hydreigon took down the Steelix), we find our chance to battle Noel! Thank you Anna, for pushing everyone into helping our Badge-collecting quest! I will always love you for this! And yes, I will take care of Laura's garden. I won't Sludge Wave it, plus, I can't set it on fire. Why? Oh, cause it's raining! What a surprise, I know! :D 

VS NOEL (Bonus: Gargantuan Steelix & PULSE Abra)

Well, anyways, this is the team I used to face Noel!

Spoiler

garbodor.gif

Typhon, the Garbodor (Male)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Black Sludge)

Jolly/Aftermath

• Acid Spray
  • Toxic
  • Amnesia
  • Toxic Spikes

nidoking.gif

Colcheum, the Nidoking (Male)

Shiny: No (Item: Black Sludge)

Brave/Sheer Force

• Double Kick
  • Earth Power
  • Poison Jab
  • Focus Energy

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Metronome)

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Crunch
  • Glare

skuntank.gif

Hemera, the Skuntank (Female)

Hasty/Aftermath

• Night Slash
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough
  • Acid Spray

weezing.gif

Nemesis, the Weezing (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Iron Ball)

Mild/Levitate

• Assurance
  • Gyro Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Destiny Bond

toxicroak.gif

Artemis, the Toxicroak (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Poison Barb)

Adamant/Dry Skin

• Poison Jab
  • Strength
  • Drain Punch
  • Sucker Punch

And without further ado, the video coverage of the battles!

Spoiler

By defeating Noel, we get the 7th Badge, the Standard one, which raises level cap to Lv.60, plus the TM for Hidden Power! Now we have to go find Saphira, who can't be dead, because let's be honest. If you die by a fall while having Flying type pokemon in your possession, you're an idiot. And Saphira is nowhere close to being an idiot!

But, we will do that in the next chapter of this poooiiisonous run!

Thanks for sticking around everyone! :D 

And, till the next time, enjoy! ;):) 

Edited by Jess

I had expected you to have a lot more trouble with the Steelix, given your poison typing. But boy, was I wrong

Also, Porygon-Z derped majorly. Instead of just continuing psychic, it decided to go for a tri-attack. Why? Or am I missing something that it decided to use tri-attack instead of psychic?

And that Cinccino, god, that Cinccino. The skill link really has the potential to sweep nearly everything, at least on my run

4 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

I had expected you to have a lot more trouble with the Steelix, given your poison typing. But boy, was I wrong

Also, Porygon-Z derped majorly. Instead of just continuing psychic, it decided to go for a tri-attack. Why? Or am I missing something that it decided to use tri-attack instead of psychic?

And that Cinccino, god, that Cinccino. The skill link really has the potential to sweep nearly everything, at least on my run

True about Porygon-Z. But I would've still gotten it down to red. Noel would heal and any of my Special Attackers would've been able to OHKO it with -6 in Sp. Defence.

I also derped massively vs Girafarig and forgot that Night Slash would've been Super Effective. This forced my Skuntank to tank 1 more Thunderbolt, rendering it useless for the rest of the battle.

But pretty easy win, with Garbodor to be the MVP.

I got a bit lucky as well, with Cincinno missing its Tail Slap!

1 minute ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Garbodor was indeed the MVP during that fight.

But Toxicroak is also a god it seems

Indeed, Toxicroak is a solid Pokemon! It's strange that in a battle vs a Normal type Gym leader I didn't rely on my only Fighting type much!

She carried me vs Serra though, so she could use a break! ;) 

Nidoking is so strong. It one shotted sigmunds Pokemon (I'm sure he would have made it through the whole fight alone). And is it me or is acid spray a demonic move?Ive never used acid spray in my whole life. Good job defeating the devil Noel though he has two fairy types ready to get a taste of poison. Cinccino may be a devil but it has horrible defenses. I prefer OSing it with a Mach punch technician breloom but you handled it with the poison.

13 minutes ago, rayyan said:

Nidoking is so strong. It one shotted sigmunds Pokemon (I'm sure he would have made it through the whole fight alone). And is it me or is acid spray a demonic move?Ive never used acid spray in my whole life. Good job defeating the devil Noel though he has two fairy types ready to get a taste of poison. Cinccino may be a devil but it has horrible defenses. I prefer OSing it with a Mach punch technician breloom but you handled it with the poison.

Yes, Nidoking and Nidoqueen are absolute beasts! I tend to like Nidoqueen more than Nidoking though :) But I doubt any of these two could've swept Sigmund, because Rotom and Eelektross have Levitate. Also, Nidoking has nothing to hit Rotom. Just a (not very effective) Poison Jab, while Nidoqueen with Sheer Force boosted Crunch saved the day. Even though I still had Sucker Punching Arbok!

True, Noel has 2 Fairy types, but also has a Psychic (Girafarig), a speedy sweeper with Psychic (Porygon-Z) and the super-fast Skill Link flinch God, Cincinno. Breloom isn't a Poison type though :P. And Toxicroak can only learn Vaccuum Wave, which is Special, so would do nothing. Hell, Poison types have almost no priority moves at all! So, I needed some luck with it. 

Edit: Acid Spray is one of the most underrated moves in the Pokemon games. Some say it's just for early game, but it saved me in many occasions in late game too. I preferred Acid Spray over Sludge Bomb/Gunk Shot for my Garbodor. And never regretted doing so.

Edited by Jess

1 hour ago, Jess said:

Acid Spray is one of the most underrated moves in the Pokemon games. Some say it's just for early game, but it saved me in many occasions in late game too

that is wayy to true my first playthrough of this game was hard carried by a swollot who buffed up with stockpile and spammed acid spray (until bennet happened my current team couldn't do shit to it mostly the larvatar which meant that my bug counter (blazaken) couldn't sweep and swollot couldn't deal with either larvatar or his dustox)

Nice battle vs Noel. I really liked your strategy with Garbodor :) (even @Paul25 used this strategy with me and i had lost the battle :P). Cinccino is a really dangerous mon with Skill Link; you're doing a great job like always Jess, so many cheers for you :)

Hi, i just discovered your post and binge watching at 3rd gym. But I read about comments on god and as a somewhat mythology enthusiast I can't resist giving my opinion even when no one is asking about it. So yeah I love the way you named your pokemon.  Here it goes. 

Your idea and concept of God is close to christianity which is understandable because I assume that western societies are mostly exposed to that religion and its influence. But for Chinese culture (not the entire Asia), a deity can earn his/her divine status in many ways and it is not necessarily given naturally. For example, Sun Wukong who is a monkey that literally popped out of a rock. He was considered monster at first because he disturbed the peace of human world. He was so strong that they need to ask help from Buddha (Buddhism originates from India) to contain him under a mountain for 500 years. But after helping a monk to reach India and spread Buddhism to all Ancient China, he was granted divine status and has been worshiped by many until today. So a god can considered a  god because of its deed. But what you are saying about who created Big Bang and such is just one deity, as in The Creator. Yes, I agree with you on the creator God can't be an animal matter but that doesn't mean an animal can't be a god, at least in other religion context.  

As for Greeks, I think you already know that the gods are mostly higher being with human personalities. They have feelings: love, anger, vengeful. They would fight among themselves. Their version of creator, Gaia and what-his-name were being banished by Zeus and his siblings. I don't know much about Hinduism yet. 

As for Arceus and the other legendaries can be contained in a mechanical ball stuff, can you imagine if they CAN'T. Half of the joy in the main pokemon game would be gone. It's just a gimmick like yu-gi-oh. The god cards were so powerful many people kinda worship them but at the same time still wanna own them. Because we are human race, we like to think that anything and everything that exists is for us and can be used one way or another. 

P/S:  If this bothered you just let me know I'll take it down. As usual, sorry for my bad English.

Edit: side questionn, how do you trade another pokemon from another save files to the current one?

Edited by TY97mus

12 hours ago, St0mpa said:

that is wayy to true my first playthrough of this game was hard carried by a swollot who buffed up with stockpile and spammed acid spray (until bennet happened my current team couldn't do shit to it mostly the larvatar which meant that my bug counter (blazaken) couldn't sweep and swollot couldn't deal with either larvatar or his dustox)

Underrated Poison types like Swalot and Garbodor are REALLY useful in Reborn! You mean his Larvesta, right? :) 

10 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Nice battle vs Noel. I really liked your strategy with Garbodor :) (even @Paul25 used this strategy with me and i had lost the battle :P). Cinccino is a really dangerous mon with Skill Link; you're doing a great job like always Jess, so many cheers for you :)

Thanks! :) Yes, I think AI should be improved so that Noel switched Wigglytuff out when he can't even scratch a mon with Dazzling Gleam after setting up Stealth Rocks and Thunder Wave. LOL, did he... Such a devilish strategy! xD

9 hours ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

ooh, Noel didnt stand a chance against you, also i feel sorry for the  Steelix xD

Haha, thanks Amine :) He'd be much better if he had swapped Wigglytuff into, say, Swellow, but AI isn't THAT clever in this situation!

6 hours ago, TY97mus said:

Your idea and concept of God is close to christianity which is understandable because I assume that western societies are mostly exposed to that religion and its influence.

Yes, you can say that I believe in something that is close to an extended version of Orthodox Christianity, which is the national Greek religion.

. So a god can considered a  god because of its deed.

In Christianity, nobody can become or be called "God" because of his/her/its deeds. Contrariwise, they are becoming "Saints". God's closest and most devoted servant in life and in afterlife.

As for Greeks, I think you already know that the gods are mostly higher being with human personalities. They have feelings: love, anger, vengeful. They would fight among themselves. Their version of creator, Gaia and what-his-name were being banished by Zeus and his siblings.

This applied in the Dodecatheism, which was the religion in Ancient Greece. But nowadays, only a tiny portion of people (like 0.05% of population) still worship the twelve Gods of Olympus. I don't believe that a God has human flaws, because a God is a being of primordial energy that has created everything that exist. People of ancient Greece did have so many Gods mostly to explain natural phenomena (Zeus=God of Lightning) or have deities who they could ask for help in certain occasions (Artemis=Goddess of the Hunt, Hares=God of War). This is why, that religion can't possibly have anything to do with the actual God. 

As for Arceus and the other legendaries can be contained in a mechanical ball stuff, can you imagine if they CAN'T. Half of the joy in the main pokemon game would be gone. It's just a gimmick like yu-gi-oh. The god cards were so powerful many people kinda worship them but at the same time still wanna own them. Because we are human race, we like to think that anything and everything that exists is for us and can be used one way or another. 

I get your point. However, I have never caught a Legendary in game. Even in pokemon red, I didn't fight the Mewtwo. In my opinion, the joy is in the journey, so after developing bonds with a team throughout a game, I would feel so bad if I replaced it with some legendary. Only legendary I caught was Mew in Pokemon Red via the Mew glitch, which meant that I had a level 5 Mew from just before the second Gym and throughout the game! And yes, human race has advanced intelligence. The drawback is that we are selfish and power-drunk, so we NEED to control everything in order to satisfy our lust for power. Even things that are more powerful than us. Like nature. Or God.

We like using phrases like "we tamed nature", but then a tsunami or an earthquake happen to remind us how powerless we are. Ancient Greeks would say it is just punishment for our "hubris". "Hubris" is the unforgivable crime of comparing a human to a God. Or assuming that a human can EVER be nearly as strong as God. It is just not possible. So, I like keeping this in all aspects of my life.

P/S:  If this bothered you just let me know I'll take it down. As usual, sorry for my bad English.

Of course it didn't bother me, I enjoy a nice discussion that has arguments. Plus, your English are OK. :) 

Edit: side questionn, how do you trade another pokemon from another save files to the current one?

To transfer pokemon between your save files, you need two online game accounts. So, register twice, with different usernames. Then you need two PCs, or laptops, both with internet connection. I used my PC and had my laptop next to me as well. Then, in each PC you load one of the two save files between which you need to transfer pokemon. You go to online play and login with your two usernames. Then you can trade mons with yourself (simply request a trade from your first account to your second account on one PC and accept it on the second PC). ;) 

3 hours ago, Jess said:

Thanks! :) Yes, I think AI should be improved so that Noel switched Wigglytuff out when he can't even scratch a mon with Dazzling Gleam after setting up Stealth Rocks and Thunder Wave. LOL, did he... Such a devilish strategy! xD

You're welcome :). Yes i fully agree with you, even for Porygon that insted of use Psychic he used Tri Attack xD. Yes a evil strategy, but i like this muahah :) 

CHAPTER 11: Strengthen your mind... Om......

So, Noel is defeated... But now, we have to search for Saphira, after Laura returns crying and fills us in about the Charlotte backstory of how their parents died... The peak of Tanzan Mountain blows up, we meet Saphira in the West entrance of the Meteor base, which is now ruined. Then, Saphira gives us the gem artifacts/keys and tells us to keep them safe, while all the others relocate to Calcenon/Labradorra Cities... OK, don't let me say goodbye to them, meanieeeeeee! :( 

Anyways, next thing we do, enter the majestically green Route 1 and Aventurine Woods. Which looks beautiful from every aspect, apart from the fact that I find Fern. And his Roserade, which must be genetically enhanced to get higher base stats than other Roserades. *Sigh...* 

Anyways, new team additions we have here! In the Shelly chapter (which is the one in the spoiler)

Spoiler

we had introduced a new team member, which finally sees some action! It is this beauty!

Spoiler

amoonguss.gif

Pasithea, the Amoonguss (Female)

Modest/Effect Spore

• Clear Smog
  • Giga Drain
  • Toxic
  • Rage Powder

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasitheahttp://www.theoi.com/Ouranios/KharisPasithea.html (Goddess of meditation, relaxation aaaand... HALLUCINOGENIC DRUGS. Spore and Powder moves are pretty much self-explanatory, right?)

And, in addition to this one, another beauty, that @RedAlert will love to see!

Spoiler

dragalge.gif

Oceanus, the Dragalge (Male)

Timid/Adaptability

• Sludge Wave
  • Hydro Pump
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Toxic

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanus (Divine figure in classical era, believed by the ancient Greeks and Romans to be the divine personification of the sea, an enormous river encircling the world.)

So, after defeating Fern, he "allows" me to access Route 1, where we can slay Bouffalants/Tauros and go East, to Vanhanen Castle, to meet (finally) Luna aka Bennett's forbidden crush, Radomus, Gossip Gardevoir and rejoin (and fight, ofc) Cain, who got sure that Heather is safe, being "adopted" by Blake (good job, Cain, I'm proud of you xD)! So, here are the rival battles!

VS FERN CAIN

Spoiler

But Gardevoir gets kidnapped by El, which we realise after my battle with Cain. Luna and Cain insist that we have to go save Gardevoir, while Radomus says it isn't necessary, but goes with the majority for the sake of Luna. Of course Gardevoir knows Teleport, I swear I realised that even from my first playthrough of the game xD And even wondered why it wouldn't Teleport, saying to myself how unrealistic Pokemon games are in these aspects, which was an interesting thing to remember when she actually did use stuff like Teleport and Hypnosis! :D So, after tracking down El, we find ourselves in a bottomless pit behind the Grand Staircase, and down to the Citae Arc d'Astrae, where the Meteor is sealed! We meet Adrienn, the Ditto-Gardevoir putting on a show that no sane person would believe, prove our capabilities in logical puzzles (I still have the piece of paper where I solved it on my first playthrough, took like an hour of assumptions and repetitive elimination by negation processes to solve the Hitmon- and Chimchar puzzles), reveal El's charade and facing Dittoceus! Which hasn't given me trouble in ANY of my playthroughs, for some reason, it always just takes like 5 minutes. Or seconds. So, we save the true Gardevoir, Hypnosis-arrest El and return to Vanhanen Castle for our Gym Battle!

VS PARSON EL (DITTOCEUS)

Spoiler

And finally, after solving the chess puzzles (have I mentioned how strongly I dislike chess?) it was time for the Gym Battle versus the bane of my existence... Radomus! Firstly, I will drop the following video here, in order for everyone to see how the chess puzzle is solved. Call it a tutorial, call it a visualization of my struggle, call it whatever you feel like! :( 

Spoiler

VS RADOMUS

And, after this ordeal was over, it was Gym Battle time! The team I used to face Radomus was the following:

Spoiler

drapion.gif

Athena, the Drapion (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Metronome)

Bashful/Sniper

• Night Slash
  • Fell Stinger
  • Hone Claws
  • Crunch

skuntank.gif

Hemera, the Skuntank (Female)

Hasty/Aftermath

• Night Slash
  • Flame Burst
  • Play Rough
  • Acid Spray

arbok.gif

Cerastes, the Arbok (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Payapa Berry)

Docile/Intimidate

• Sucker Punch
  • Acid Spray
  • Crunch
  • Glare

amoonguss.gif

Pasithea, the Amoonguss (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Payapa Berry)

Modest/Effect Spore

• Clear Smog
  • Giga Drain
  • Toxic
  • Rage Powder

crobat.gif

Nephele, the Crobat (Female)

Shiny: No (Item: Flying Gem)

Adamant/Infiltrator

• Acrobatics
  • Cross Poison
  • Bite
  • Confuse Ray

Name Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephele (Call her "Cloud nymph")

victreebel.gif

Dryad, the Victreebel (Female)

Shiny: Yes (Item: Miracle Seed)

Lonely/Gluttony

• Leaf Blade
  • Leaf Storm
  • Knock Off
  • Nature Power

In explanation of the team, I have introduced another new member to my team. This was done mostly because I refuse to experience again the same problem with Fern's infernal Roserade. Secondly, because battles vs A LOT of Fighting types are on the way in Agate Circus. And thirdly, because my entire team is slow as hell. Slow to the point that makes me miss my Bugs in my previous monotype. You all know how much I love fast, hard hitting sweepers. Here, my fastest Pokemon so far was Nidoqueen (or maybe Drapion, not sure). Not good. At all! So, Crobat is covering my team's lack of Speed! Welcome, Nephele!

And, without further ado... The battle vs Radomus!

Spoiler

Defeating Radomus grants us the 8th (Millenium) Badge, the TM for Trick Room, which is absolutely useless (unless I teach it to Gengar, which would be silly cause it is like the fastest 'mon EVER and I can't use it (even though I have it-thank you @Revan <3 because it isn't legitimately available in the game's current release) and raises the level cap to Lv.65. Furthermore, it proves to Cain that you don't need Galvantula or Absol to defeat a Psychic type Gym if you are a Poison monorunner.

And it lets us wondering why the hell Radomus brought the snake itself and placed it near his heart (El in his house, my metaphors are rocking today), since EL and Team Meteor escape, kidnapping Luna and Cain this time, fleeing like flees (pun intended) to 7th Street!

Radomus instructs us to go ask shady people (aka Gangs, none of which we have joined yet at all) for information on El's whereabouts, which we will do...

In the next chapter of my poooiiisonous run!

Till then, enjoy everyone! ;):) 

Edited by Jess