One Man's Trash....

Hymdall

So I recently finished Episode 14, and I've been very impressed with the game so far. Throughout my run, there were numerous challenges(I'M LOOKING AT YOU SHADE! D<), and numerous battles that were far easier than expected.

With all that said, there was one Pokemon I never expected to perform as well as it did. Allow me to introduce to you one of the MVPs of this run...Princess the Garbodor

garbodor-goty-forever.gif

My LORD was this thing bulky. And surprisingly powerful too! Acid Spray combined with Sludge Bomb/Wave allowed her to punch holes even in things that resist it after two Acid Sprays. With Stockpile, it allowed her to take Earthquakes or Psychics like they were nothing, and to round it all out, Toxic to wear down the toughest foes that Acid Spray/Sludge Wave wasn't good enough for. As you might notice, Steel types completely wall her, but why worry when your team handles Steel types better than almost everything else?

Consider this a reminder: Never take something for granite. One man's trash may turn out to be another's star team member. Are there any members of YOUR team that performed far better than expected?

My Meowstic has been tanking specially defensive hits like a beast. Well, she survives long enough to dish damage in return. Charge beam is a great way to boost her Sp.Atk. I have often relied on her to finish some battles that were getting me wiped otherwise.

Shiny runs can be painful. Sometimes, I don't want to reset over and over again for little gain. So glad that she came when she did.

(Also, made me like Meowstic far more in a whole)

I decided to roll with Chesnaught as a starter only cause Chespin is just too friggin cute. (I'm a grown man and this would definitely be my pet if it existed) Was expecting to end up making a new file since Fighting/Grass is a terrible combo with a laundry list of weaknesses. Bulletproof though. The best gamechanger ever. So Mint the chesnaught does amazingly well and will be in the party when Charlotte comes to town even though I'm pretty sure he'll just be cannon foddder with a spiky shield.

Personally, I find it fun to win with Pokemon that are not super powerful. I've used Pachirisu in both of my runs and it really can shine if you let it. (Nuzzle + Electro Ball + Charm + some other move.) - Walled to death by ground.

Remeber that little Lion you get for a Biberal? That's my hidden gem.I picked it up on my first Reborn run because I was lacking a fire type on ny team and bulky grassc types gave my team considerable trouble (I'm looking at a certain Grass/Rock fossil we all know and hate).So I grabbed this guy and he has been a boon for me ever since. Now, I player Reborn before I played XY so I didn't hear everyone whining about how Pyroar was a massive let down.In main series games with the like of Volcorna and Heatran? Sure, Pyroar is lackluster. In Reborn, where your only other early fire members are Pansear or a fire starter and even later on where we still lack in the fire department? Hell no. Pyroar swept through some of the toughest gyms for me and brought me to here

Florina? Bam. Corey? Killed. Shade? Poof. Kiki? Believe it or not, this guy even swpet through most of Kiki with a weakness to fighting. She was there for Aya, for Serra, for the imfernal PULSE Abra, for Noel. She outsped Arceus and finished it off.She nelted the PULSE Avalugg and got home in time for dinner.Not to mention the traded experience boost. I could throw this thing into the box while training up some new members and use it in one fight to get it up to par again. Braveheart, the overlooked Lion, is my "one man's trash" member. Viva la Lioness.

kricketune and Vaporeon. Kricketune was dropping KO after KO in the early stages and was really one manning it during the battle against Luna. Vaporeon, my god DAT bulk. Set up the Sunny Day to help defeat Blake and One manning Terra's team. love those two

As it's written in my signature (at least for now), a Pokémon that helped me a lot was Jumpluff.

My "Scatterer" put to sleep every Pokemon Shelly had, to let me win, and then swept Kiki completely by himself.

Since it's not in my main team (there's Chesnaught instead) it's always some levels lower than the other Pokémon, but he still gets his job done, also because of that great speed stat.

(Also, it has Infiltrator, just in case I find someone using Substitute).

When I caught it (before Shelly) I didn't even bother with natures and IVs, because I thought I wouldn't use him anymore after the battle, instead it's always here spamming Sleep Powder when needed.

I've got a few

Mr. Biggles my Garbador put in a ton of work during the early part of the game. It was key in beating ton of the tougher early gyms like Shade and Florina. However I later dropped it because weak armor. :(

Wormadon ground, yes wormadon. In my my bug mono run wormadon ground has been pretty important. It is the only bug I had during the early game that could handle flying types. It has good phsical bulk and hit pretty decently during the early game. However its moves aren't really scaling well into the mid game... Nerveless still love my wormadon.

Butterfree, I honestly don't know why I still have mine. I have a vivilion with hurricane which pretty much the same thing as butterfree but a little better. But despite this there are times where my butterfree actually outpreforms vivlion. I think its because of its ability tinted lens but anyway it was originally a pokemon I was going to box forever once I got vivilion but I'm quite happy it has become a staple on my team.

Accelgor, I really did not think I would be keeping this guy on my team. I originally raised it to deal with Taka's floatzel but it quickly proved it self incredibly useful for dealing with rock types and is an absolute speed demon. Another pokemon I planned on boxing but instead became a main part of my team.

Swoobat. Fast enough to setup on enemies without super effective attacks and it gets STAB moves early, which is nice. Never having used it and having quick-checked its stats, I never really expected it to help enough. Nevertheless, I kept it until Samson (as I was a bit lazy to work on other psychic types, like Metagross, Gallade and Alakazam) and it was there to provide the necessary support I needed, not to mention the problems it caused to Shelly and Florinia.

Another would be Seaking. I was casually fishing when a great in IVs, lightningrod adamant Seaking came to my hook and got captured. Despite its generally sub-par stats, it helped me through the first battles and as the beast it is, it devastated wave after wave of opponents, until I reached Route 1, where it struggled to keep up with the wild Tauros. His EVs are a mess, because it has been fighting pokemon since day 1 and I didn't take the time to invest in berries. I was suprised about his IVs, because it was after a week that I realized we could check them. Here's his picture

p6qQtRb.png

Swoobat. Fast enough to setup on enemies without super effective attacks and it gets STAB moves early, which is nice. Never having used it and having quick-checked its stats, I never really expected it to help enough. Nevertheless, I kept it until Samson (as I was a bit lazy to work on other psychic types, like Metagross, Gallade and Alakazam) and it was there to provide the necessary support I needed, not to mention the problems it caused to Shelly and Florinia.

Another would be Seaking. I was casually fishing when a great in IVs, lightningrod adamant Seaking came to my hook and got captured. Despite its generally sub-par stats, it helped me through the first battles and as the beast it is, it devastated wave after wave of opponents, until I reached Route 1, where it struggled to keep up with the wild Tauros. His EVs are a mess, because it has been fighting pokemon since day 1 and I didn't take the time to invest in berries. I was suprised about his IVs, because it was after a week that I realized we could check them. Here's his picture

p6qQtRb.png

did you switch his ability?

rip Huge Power Diggersby :[ you'll be missed

But yea, some of those mons listed by others were ones that I actually used. However, the one that mainly shined compared to the others would have Ursaring. This crazypowerfulmonster Pokemon shredded not only majority of the Gym Leaders I faced, especially Shade, but was a pretty essential by teaching it Strength, which was somewhat useful to use due to STAB. But unfortunately, my messed up EV Spread and low IVs in Defense made me retire him into the ole PC.

Oh man, I had no idea this topic was going to explode as much as it did when I started it. I expected maybe a couple replies, but not this many! Many thanks guys! Anyways, moving on

Another member of my team that I've really started to be impressed with lately is Requiem, my Dusclops. As most people know, Dusclops is STUPIDLY bulky, but doesn't have much offense to back it up, and usually runs some method of outlasting the opponent via Toxic or Will o Wisp. I run the latter, and with Hex, Requiem has been able to take out far more opponents than she should ever have been able too, including some of Shade's(I HATE YOU SHADE D<) devastating ghosts! And after beating Radomus, things got VERY interesting. Trick Room is surprisingly good for my team, with many of the slow threats I have, and what better thing to guarantee a trick room set up than Dusclops? It's pretty much guaranteed to survive one hit, and once it goes up, suddenly Requiem is the fastest thing alive and all fall before her sheer bulk.