Hardest/Easiest Gym Leader so far?

Xiri

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I began my first playthrough in episode 10, So I couldn't experience the field effects in all their glory. In my recent one I already know what to expect, so it doesn't really count.

Hardest - basically those who took more then two times to beat

Shade: At this point in the game his team is really horrifying, and lack of any dark type in my team didn't help. Beated him on third try with one pokemon left.

Hail Team Serra: This was the moment I realised I can't keep my HM slave with me and must have a full team. But because I wanted to know what will happend next in the story I just took a level 15 Vulpix as Drought support. Still hard battle though.

Honorary mention to Aya who was able to give me really hard type in my mono-steel run despite the disadvantage

Easiest - defeated on first try

Radomus, Luna, Samson

Edited by Jaromir

Noel. Noel and his Staraptor and Cinccino.

Good lord.

I had to restart once field effect were added of course and omg I tried so many different tactics. But I finally did it after scooping up Scrafty and Mamoswine. I have a whole new respect for Scrafty as a pokemon now.

Hmm....

Hardest: Shade. I simply didn't have an out to his Chandelure, so I had to make use of my Magneton's sturdy to fire off an attack so that my Dugtrio could kill it with Bulldoze.

Easiest: aside from Julia because she's just the first gym leader, I'd say.....Luna. I don't know why, but she just gave me all sorts of problems on my latest runs.

I feel like the flying gym leader from the triumvrate(sp?) is going to demolish me if she has a talonflame. I became a bit worried after reading the Big Top field effects.

Hmm....

Hardest: Shade. I simply didn't have an out to his Chandelure, so I had to make use of my Magneton's sturdy to fire off an attack so that my Dugtrio could kill it with Bulldoze.

Easiest: aside from Julia because she's just the first gym leader, I'd say.....Luna. I don't know why, but she just gave me all sorts of problems on my latest runs.

I feel like the flying gym leader from the triumvrate(sp?) is going to demolish me if she has a talonflame. I became a bit worried after reading the Big Top field effects.

I swear if she has a talonflame i'm gonna cry...then again I have a magnezone so discharge should OHKO (it has sturdy).

Edited by Carzone11

Hardest, in order:

Kiki - I fought her so many times that I knew exactly which pokemon I had to use against each of hers, which pokemon could survive a dark pulse from her Lucario, how many hits from my Ampharos it would take to kill her Scrafty, etc. It didn't help that my team was underleveled and the only pokemon who could damage her Medicham was Meowstic, who died in 2 hits. I think I fought her a grand total of 12 times before I beat her (I got close a few times, but somehow Ice Punch has a 50% chance of freezing my pokemon).

Shelly - Her Yanmega destroyed every one of my pokemon except Ampharos. I spent half my team killing that thing through burn damage every battle until I finally managed to beat her after she switched in her Yanmega on my Ampharos's discharge.

Noel - My team was about 5 levels underlevel when I fought him, so despite me having a Zoroark and Greninja, his Swellow outsped and 1hko'ed all of my pokemon. After some speed EV training I came back to find that his Swellow STILL outsped all of my pokemon. So I had to sacrifice my Ampharos paralyzing his Swellow, but luckily I still managed to win in the end.

Julia - This was mostly due to having a team full of glass cannons and nothing that resisted electric: Frogadier, Gothita, etc. Her Electrode basically outsped and killed everything until I took out half its health with a well-timed bide from my Pachirisu.

Easiest, in order:

Shade - Greninja and Zoroark spamming night slash made short work of his entire team.

Radomous - See Shade. I'm still curious why he didn't use trick room until the very end.

Corey - After I dispelled his field with a gust from my Beautifly, the battle was a cakewalk.

Serra - I lost two pokemon to her Cloyster, but afterwards most of her team died to Ninetails. It felt like a very easy battle, and I know there were more than a few times where RNG helped out.

Luna - My entire team was 5 levels down from hers, but Gardevoir basically swept everything with moonblast aside from Tyranitar and Bisharp after setting up with calm mind.

I have yet to fight Samson and Charlotte, but I expect them to be difficult.

Edited by Seadrias

Don't worry, for all of you who missed out on pre-nerf Serra, you'll get to experience something much like it very soon.

I guess you are implying we fight Blake on Ametrine-Peak (which conviently has an Ice-Field)?

@ Topic:

(every leader was fought in Episode 11, except the newer ones that came in 12+13 respectively)

Top 3 hardest:

3. Shelly - Why does she Nickname Pokemon? How am I supposed to know what to send out to counter? (dat Yanmega surprise sweep...)

2. Charlotte - If it weren't for that Field + Drought combo... and that speed...

1. Noel - I just want to forget this devil Cinccino, Swellow, Porygon-Z, Clefable... ... oh the pain...

notable mention: Julia - For being the first, first Leader that really gave me trouble because of level-cap and not so strong pokemon to have.

Top 3 easiest:

3. Flobot - yeah Combusken with fire/fighting made short work of her... I always wondered why everyone hated that Cradily... it died in two hits

2. Corey (Ep11 without field) - I swept almost everything from him with my Quick Claw Groink... then came Crobat... In the end I only lost two Pokemon

1. Luna - level-capped Gardevoir and Blaziken ... yeah... that was a nice clean 2 minute sweep.

#WHOOP

You got whooping cough there, bro?

Don't worry, for all of you who missed out on pre-nerf Serra, you'll get to experience something much like it very soon.

Ooh, goody! As long as it doesn't involve Snow Cloak hax, I'm eagerly anticipating it!

Edited by Foamy

Hardest: Noel, Aya

Noel's difficulty just feels... out of place. Difficult for the sake of being difficult, when storyline wise IT JUST PLAIN DOES NOT MAKE SENSE FOR HIM TO BE. Up until this point, he has been trapped in an orphanage (where he was not allowed to battle), broken out by you, hidden in the railnet, kidnapped again, and had to be saved at least one more time, not to mention the fact that he logically should not have a team that optimized, given that he is on the run and hiding out in another leader's house. And yet this little guy is the one that gives us all trouble? [expletive redacted] he's the one that be saving everyone, not me.

Easiest: Charlotte

Edited by MetalKing1417

Hardest since latest Update (That I can remember)

1. Radomus

2. Noel

3. None, no one else gave me any problems.

Easiest. Everyone else was scrubs. Of course I haven't played against Noel and Radomus since the release of their individual episodes happened at the time, they've probably been nerfed too.

Hardest:

Noel- That Cincinno, and Staraptor demolished my team several times. Noel was like a huge stop sign for me.

Corey- Venomshock+Corrosive Field, do I need to say anything else?

Samson- Field effect increasing the power of all fighting type moves.....mother of god (not to mention, after I get beat, I think to myself "I should level up my pokemon" but the wild pokemon in Route 2 barely give any good amount of exp)

Easiest:

Julia- Kricketune with Fury Cutter....everyone died

Luna- Prankster Sableye? Will-O-Wisp doesn't scare my Luxray, shes got guts. Accelgor completely destroyed Malamar and Umbreon. Samurott took care of the rest.

Florinia- Caught Trubbish just for her. The Toxic Spikes were so helpful, except for the Breloom, but Woobat took care of that.

Edited by IronWraith

Aya. Seriously, she was so hard.

... But she is easy in comparison to Charlotte. Seriously, drought, and a field advantage? Oh, AND you have 2 ninetales with confuse ray, and you just so happen to have one above the level limit?

Try Aya again when E14 comes out :P