Reborn XIII: Cascade

Amethyst

Before updating to Episode 13, make sure you are NOT saved outdoors in any of the following locations:

• Reborn City
  • Agate Circus
  • Chrysolia Forest
  • Rocky areas of Route 2 (Grassy areas are OK)

so being in reborn city but in a house or pokemon center is safe? :o

This episode is really great, but there's something I think is messed up, in my game at least. So I talked to Saphira, and then Hardy, who tried to break through the barrier, and Fern appeared. After that, I talked to Saphira again, and she told me that there are some people who I need to talk to. I did that and went to Charlotte's gym and waited for the cutscene to end, and when I talked to Saphira, she said the same dialogue. I saw a walkthrough on YouTube and when he talked to them after talking to Charlotte, Aya and Sirius were at the other side.

If I bugged it, then the reason is probably that I accidentally went to the city earlier than I should have been, before Saphira destroyed the pathway to the city with her Dragonite. I accidentally went into the room where Cain and the others are, and the cutscene appeared saying that I must battle Charlotte for Dive. I could have just went to go and battle Charlotte anyway... I don't know why the city was available early for me, but I didn't even mean to get there before battling Team Meteor.

So what should I do? I saved at the Pokemon Center and have not talked to the sisters or Hardy. I've played through this game three times (this being third), and the first time was from a bug I was stuck at, and the second was when my computer had a virus and deleted everything. Thanks in advance!

• Support Squad

Just one question, outta curiousity: When are we going to see mega-evolutions in this game?

Are some leaders (Like when you rematch them or something) or elite-four members going to use them as well? ^-^

You're closer to the target compared others who have asked about mega, but it's best to assume it really will be post game only. That's what i'm doing

erm quick question before if finish downloading and applying E13 am i safe at the gym door at the celestine cascade?

That´s what Ame said. So I guess you gotta save on the grass? ^-^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

That´s what Ame said. So I guess you gotta save on the grass? ^-^

the celestine cascade tecnicaly is not route 2 but to be on the safe side ill save in the grass thanks

Edited by sandy

for charlottes battle

bless tm rain dance

Yeah, it´s pretty useful for that fight. But you could also try fighting fire with fire, because the field and the drought make my Arcanine´s attacks quite powerful while I set up my Gyarados ^-^ Was a great (and hot) fight either way, even if I didn´t lose once.

Btw, gotta love that profile pic ^-^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Believe it or not, Fern turning to the dark side this episode meant a lot to me. I know it sounds wierd, but it has to do with personal experiences going all the way back to Leafgreen. When I first knew Gary, saw how much of a jerk he was, and saw him hanging around in lavender town and silph co, I fully expected a suprise twist that he would be a member of team Rocket. It never happened, and honestly I was a little dissapointed. Sure, I got to beat him up in the end, but only out of selfish ambition, of me wanting to be champion over him. If the suprise Rocket twist happened, I could've beaten him up in the name of Justice. So I'm actually glad to see Fern taking up the role that Gary never could fulfill.

Believe it or not, Fern turning to the dark side this episode meant a lot to me. I know it sounds wierd, but it has to do with personal experiences going all the way back to Leafgreen. When I first knew Gary, saw how much of a jerk he was, and saw him hanging around in lavender town and silph co, I fully expected a suprise twist that he would be a member of team Rocket. It never happened, and honestly I was a little dissapointed. Sure, I got to beat him up in the end, but only out of selfish ambition, of me wanting to be champion over him. If the suprise Rocket twist happened, I could've beaten him up in the name of Justice. So I'm actually glad to see Fern taking up the role that Gary never could fulfill.

I wasn't surprised that Fern joined team Meteor (he probably realized he wasn't filling his Lillipup kicking quota after continually getting curb stomped by the player), but it does raise a question. Fern messed with Team Meteor way back in episode 1, and they forgave him. Makes me wonder if they would let the Player Character join them after all he/she's done to them. (I'd say no if the game gave me a prompt to join, just curious.)

What if... it's just a ruse to infiltrate Team Meteor?

inb4 Fern is revealed to be a good guy and

the final boss

Edited by JosephMD

Is that scum still going for a grass team? I think he betrayed his friend and his poke as well couz im expeting to see a more strong and balanced team, hexors for exemple as nothing to di in his grass team, but since we battled in aya gym he wasn t full grass anymore.

Waiting to go behind them and reape them all in next episode, Also wanna see the new mega pulse form, but i think i might see them sooner if i restart the game

Just finished episode 13, quite great I must say and that last battle:

Chandelure completely shuts down Charlotte, the minimum trouble I had was when Delphox used Psychock, but even though my partner killed it for me while I healed. Flash Fire + Burning Field + Drought + Metronome w/ Flamethrower = d.e.s.t.r.u.c.t.i.o.n.

Btw a question:

Is it really ok for Charlotte to possess 2 ninetales? Idk, it seems kinda weird, altho I can understand that it's for an additional drought activation.

Her second Ninetails actually has flash fire in order to take advantage of the burning field. The reason she has two is that one is for setting up the sun and the other is used as her ace. If there was another fire type pokemon with drought (that isn't mega Charizard Y) she'd probably be using it as her opener. That's my take on it anyway.

I wasn't surprised that Fern joined team Meteor (he probably realized he wasn't filling his Lillipup kicking quota after continually getting curb stomped by the player), but it does raise a question. Fern messed with Team Meteor way back in episode 1, and they forgave him. Makes me wonder if they would let the Player Character join them after all he/she's done to them. (I'd say no if the game gave me a prompt to join, just curious.)

That´d be kinda awesome, but I think we´ve done too much to be forgiven, we kept messing with them while Fern was only there once (and not playing a role that was really THAT significant I think). I mean we´ve ruined their plan to destroy Apophyll, we foiled their attempts at getting the keystones, we destroyed many pulse (And I think even more will follow) and we played a big role at helping others to mess with them as well. So I guess we´ve done a bit too much to be forgiven. I think the only way to get them as your buddies was if you had the other keystones and you had the option to give those to them, but I don´t believe they´d keep their word ^^ It´d probably lead to some kind of bad ending where you get backstabbed by Lin/Solaris/Sirius if you do so ^^

What if... it's just a ruse to infiltrate Team Meteor?

inb4 Fern is revealed to be a good guy and

the final boss

No...just no...and if that happens i'll find a way to make him pay for everything (even if it means i have to learn programming)

Edited by Gaunt

Her second Ninetails actually has flash fire in order to take advantage of the burning field. The reason she has two is that one is for setting up the sun and the other is used as her ace. If there was another fire type pokemon with drought (that isn't mega Charizard Y) she'd probably be using it as her opener. That's my take on it anyway.

Woah I got pretty lucky then, because I killed one of them with Excadrill xD, but in any case I don't think Chandelure would have much problem in this fight at least.