Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Return(OOC)

grasssnake485

I feel kinda bad.

I'm a kid of wasted talent it seems.

I focus on no art. I do pre-Ap classes hoping to get into ap, and do spanish which I probably won't use often. I don't apply myself to my work. The only thing I apply myself to from what I can tell is... Designing... Weapons... And learning about... Weapons...

Is it bad I focus less on learning a language than making things to kill? Am I that much a waste?...

No.

We all got something different, my friend, no two men who shall walk this dying earth shall ever be the same in their hearts. For all men yearn for a different taste of the day and the night.

You feel this interest in weapons that you naturally seem to have makes you a waste? It does not, not in and of itself. How you direct and ultimately what this interest drives you to someday do, for good or for worse, will be the thing that determines who you are. Our interests in and of themselves is not what damns us in the end, no... it is how we act on our interest that does that.

Basically, this right here is what I mean:

5400093+_060a0223e448859ded1c7c9fb6222c6

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

My man mewtwo and GRRM, saying profound and deep shit since back in the day...

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Very Much Yes.

And, I may or may not post something today. *pokes status*

Uggg. Hey strat, if you could update seacrest that would be awesome. I would, but my creativity is lacking. *headdesks* *promptly gives myself a bigger headache*

Edited by grasssnake485

Hey Grass, I understand how that feels. Right now, I'm in the midst of Hell Week: finals and papers and stuff, but boy, you've got it heavier than I do. O_o best of luck and Arceusspeed to you, girl. Don't feel too bad about not paying attention to the RPs; you've gotta put schoolwork and such first, after all which is what I should be doing right now >>

I have my math finals in four and a half hours, as well as two tabs on math on right now, my notebook, some paper and a pencilcase... but I'm not touching any of them atm :x I'll get to studying now though, seeing as I've taken care of what I need to in the forums for the time being. XD

Hey, me three! lols XD

but I bullshit my way through classes, relying on tyrion lanister-like whit to make teachers like me while taking a Homeland Security course for college credits, which is about the one class I will go out of my way for work in it...

anyways, if you're sick grass, I could temporarily take over updating all around till you feel better if you want.

Username: superbobbobbob3
Character name: Breakfast
Pokemon species: Tepig
Pokemon or Human? Pokemon
Exploration or Rescue? Rescue
Affiliated Castle: (check the castle info for your characters)
If human, which power?
If pokemon, which trinket? IDK
Appearance: A normal Tepig, But Without a tail and its ears are shorter than a normal tepig as well
Personality: Breakfest is very kind, but lacks social skills and such things like it, and he mainy cant trust anyone, because he fears
IQ skills: In F Group can use all base skills in group

Course Checker Base Skill Refrains from attacks that would be blocked by walls or allies. Escapist Base Skill Can use the Explorer Badge to leave the dungeon. Cannot be turned off. Item Catcher Base Skill Can catch a Throwing Item and keep it for its own. Item Master Base Skill Can use and throw its held item. Exclusive Move-User Base Skill Uses only moves, not regular attacks.

Level: 10
Moves:Takle, Odor Sleuth, Ember, Flame Charge
Team members: 0 (originally one who left
Team leader:?
Team rank:Normal
Write 3 sentences of IC:

Sorry I will have to finish tomorrow the info

Edited by superbobbobbob3

I really should stop neglecting you guys. Been really getting into competitive battling lately, and if I can spend hours on pokemon showdown battling, then I can probably update at least once or twice a day. I'm still sick (I should really stop going to school til I get better, but its getting close to the end of the grading period and I don't want to risk my GPA. Mom's gonna kill me >.<)

But hey, guess what happened today on showdown?

Apparently on Pokemon Showdown there's a whole lot of "sore winners"?
Like there was this person who had a team full of eeveelutions, who took out my serperior (which was like my only pokemon that could deal with all that vaporeon bulk and umbreon wall), and my 100% crit kingdra(Which can't really stand sylveon, but so what), and my revengekiller heatran, leaving me with AVGallade(Great special wall, but falls easily to umbreon foul play, odd that most people don't carry that), cleric Sylveon, and umbreon swagtroll. They had their full team, Vaporeon toxicstaller, Umbreon wall(probably), sylveon cleric, jolteon (?), leafeon sweeper, and flareon (?)
What was odd, was that they forfeited right after they pretty much secured the victory, I mean I only had umbreon left, mine is physically bulky, and they had their entire team except flareon left. Sylveon could have hypervoiced/moonblasted my umbreon apart. Literally. Umbreon walls, but I have only about 30% HP left from substitutes (Im running sub/wish/foul play/swagger). And uninvested in sp.def
So what? Do they have no way to take out umbreon or something? I mean I guess sylveon could have had no damaging moves (wish/healbell? (hyper voice seems much better to me)/calm mind/batonpass), and I know leafeon's not gonna be able to take out umbreon unless it sets up 3x swords dance and leaf blades it, but by then it'll probably fall victim to swagger. Flareon's probably a physcial or mixed set, but umbreon's so bulky it's scary. Vaporeon could probably make slow work of my umbreon, since it doesnt have the greatest attack stats, and jolteon.. IDK. Actually, take that back. Vaporeon probably can't toxic stall me. We both have wish, and I have synchronise. But I still have lower HP.
~
And there was another person that had a team full of legendaries, but I guess they weren't that good at competitive battling. But then again, that didn't really help me, since I was trying to predict switches, and epically failed at it. ANd guess what? They were winning. Just because I kept failing at predicting switches. At 2V4, I was losing, I only had umbreonwall and sylveoncleric left, and. they. forefeited.
~
And I really shouldnt be complaining about facing teams full of banned pokes and ubers when I play anything goes (Yeah, can't go without the contrary serpy) but I try to stay in UU and NU. Like this: (http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/anythinggoes-221691620)
And the blaziken and mega salamence that swept my entire team. I should have saw that coming as soon as I saw blaziken and salamence. But I didnt. And I kept on trying to dragon pulse that salamence down, even when it was on 3.5x speed -_- That thing was like OHKOing my entire team with dragon claw. I really shouldn't have swaggered it earlier either. But then again, my friends have been beating me with that since.. IDK. 4th gen?

I really should stop neglecting you guys. Been really getting into competitive battling lately, and if I can spend hours on pokemon showdown battling, then I can probably update at least once or twice a day. I'm still sick (I should really stop going to school til I get better, but its getting close to the end of the grading period and I don't want to risk my GPA. Mom's gonna kill me >.<)

But hey, guess what happened today on showdown?

Apparently on Pokemon Showdown there's a whole lot of "sore winners"?
Like there was this person who had a team full of eeveelutions, who took out my serperior (which was like my only pokemon that could deal with all that vaporeon bulk and umbreon wall), and my 100% crit kingdra(Which can't really stand sylveon, but so what), and my revengekiller heatran, leaving me with AVGallade(Great special wall, but falls easily to umbreon foul play, odd that most people don't carry that), cleric Sylveon, and umbreon swagtroll. They had their full team, Vaporeon toxicstaller, Umbreon wall(probably), sylveon cleric, jolteon (?), leafeon sweeper, and flareon (?)
What was odd, was that they forfeited right after they pretty much secured the victory, I mean I only had umbreon left, mine is physically bulky, and they had their entire team except flareon left. Sylveon could have hypervoiced/moonblasted my umbreon apart. Literally. Umbreon walls, but I have only about 30% HP left from substitutes (Im running sub/wish/foul play/swagger). And uninvested in sp.def
So what? Do they have no way to take out umbreon or something? I mean I guess sylveon could have had no damaging moves (wish/healbell? (hyper voice seems much better to me)/calm mind/batonpass), and I know leafeon's not gonna be able to take out umbreon unless it sets up 3x swords dance and leaf blades it, but by then it'll probably fall victim to swagger. Flareon's probably a physcial or mixed set, but umbreon's so bulky it's scary. Vaporeon could probably make slow work of my umbreon, since it doesnt have the greatest attack stats, and jolteon.. IDK. Actually, take that back. Vaporeon probably can't toxic stall me. We both have wish, and I have synchronise. But I still have lower HP.
~
And there was another person that had a team full of legendaries, but I guess they weren't that good at competitive battling. But then again, that didn't really help me, since I was trying to predict switches, and epically failed at it. ANd guess what? They were winning. Just because I kept failing at predicting switches. At 2V4, I was losing, I only had umbreonwall and sylveoncleric left, and. they. forefeited.
~
And I really shouldnt be complaining about facing teams full of banned pokes and ubers when I play anything goes (Yeah, can't go without the contrary serpy) but I try to stay in UU and NU.
And the blaziken and mega salamence that swept my entire team. I should have saw that coming as soon as I saw blaziken and salamence. But I didnt. And I kept on trying to dragon pulse that salamence down, even when it was on 3.5x speed -_- That thing was like OHKOing my entire team with dragon claw. I really shouldn't have swaggered it earlier either. But then again, my friends have been beating me with that since.. IDK. 4th gen?

Eh, what can you do? I don't go on the main showdown server ever.

uh... guyz, hate to interupt here, not trying to be a dongus or anything, but...

If human, which power?
Appearance: A normal Tepig, But Without a tail and its ears are shorter than a normal tepig as well
Personality: Breakfest is very kind, but lacks social skills and such things like it, and he mainy cant trust anyone, because he fears

Course Checker Base Skill Refrains from attacks that would be blocked by walls or allies. Escapist Base Skill Can use the Explorer Badge to leave the dungeon. Cannot be turned off. Item Catcher Base Skill Can catch a Throwing Item and keep it for its own. Item Master Base Skill Can use and throw its held item. Exclusive Move-User Base Skill Uses only moves, not regular attacks.

Write 3 sentences of IC:

yeah, kinda got a new signup a few days ago :/ I'm not really sure if my abilities extend to being able to accept new people if there are open slots, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't since... that's kinda a high up power on the scale of RP Host abilities, usually held only by creators... so yeah...

Hey, me three! lols XD

but I bullshit my way through classes, relying on tyrion lanister-like whit to make teachers like me while taking a Homeland Security course for college credits, which is about the one class I will go out of my way for work in it...

anyways, if you're sick grass, I could temporarily take over updating all around till you feel better if you want.

and this too. do you want to temporarily move things around all across the story while your sick, or should I just stick to tempest for now like I've been doing?

Oh yeah, if you don't already know, I tend to overlook things. A lot.

But yes, please, Zerron.

If human, which power?

Write 3 sentences of IC:

Pretty sure I posted somewhere that every pokemon can have access to every IQ skill except time tripper and absolute mover. Many are irrelevant to the RP though, like EXP go getter and weak type picker. Map surveyor and Acute sniffer are removed, and anything relating to turns or AI is irrelevant. (yeah, no, we arent AIs) Oh, and many of the team skills are also available as IQ skills.
But if I didn't, it's probably somewhere in the interest check thread.
Mystique is the only castle with room.
Base level is 5, but I can give you one extra level since you missed day 1.
Crossed out stuff is irrelevant until later.
But yeah, if you missed the original interest check thread (might want to dig that out and read it, just saying), you pretty much missed out on a lot of info.

Grass. Competitive pokemon can be rage town or euphoria. Honestly unless you spend hours putting a team together for all possible variables it feels like luck of the draw in matchups.

Yo, I play anything goes to test teams in official tournaments. Showdown doesnt like my serperior. And I sometimes just so happen to chance upon those players who like to troll and run full teams of hacked legendaries.

Edit: Sableye, Liepard, Male meowstic, or whimsicott for a prankster set? I'm kinda leaning toward liepard since Im just not a fan of the OUs. Klekfi didn't work too well, even on swagger/Twave/taunt/foulplay

Oh hey, I found a Reborn server. :D

Wanna battle Absol?

Affiliated Castle:Mystigue
If human, which power?
Personality: Breakfest is very kind, but lacks social skills and such things like it, and he mainy cant trust anyone, because he fears everyone, even close friends

Edit Note: Doing this just because I want to :)

Level: 6
Team members:
Team leader:
Team rank:

Write 3 sentences of IC:

If castles were flammable, I'd probably burn them on accident because some unkind person would startle, and I would blow flames in defense because someone was "attacking" me. Though I have been jumped before by thugs and whatnot, though they were nicer then the common peoples of today's world. I have great hope that joining a castle will finally help me make friends I can trust.

Finnished finally :/, I was sick for the last few days.

I can't really, I'm sorry though.

I run mega bannete for that priority abuse, but I think your teams aren't all dark/ghost orientated like mine, and want to use a different mega.

Apparently whimiscott makes a great leech seed Sapper, and is a great annoying tank type pokemon. I use ferrothorn for that annoying tank pokemon but whimscott has that prankster... Whimiscott would be a fine addition to a team in lack of a sapper tank.

sableye is a very odd pokemon. Weak as all hell but can dish pain out like no other. Honestly it depends on what you need on your team. A slower annoyance tank or a faster pest.

I don't use a mega. I just have no room on my ream for one, I have two special walls, two special sweepers, one bulky physical sweeper, and one physical wall. All the pokemon on my team check or counter their teammates weaknesses, and I tend to try to stay away from OU. Even if it means taking an OU set and dumping an unexpected move on it.

Maybe I should pick up a mega charizard since Ive heard it does just about as well as heatran, but those things are just so freaking overused I don't even want to touch them.

If you have a physical fast fighting type sweeper, you will destroy my team. My physical wall is umbreon.

I guess sylveon could take a close combat or two, or many if it does less than 50% and I have reflect set up but it's not invested in defense. Might want to swap it for a mega gardevoir, but gardevoir doesnt pack wish and can't baton pass

Take that back, gardevoir gets wish. But it can't baton pass its calm minds when it passes wish. :( And the bulk of my team is special sweeper or special bulky. But then again, serpy can't benefit from them anyway.

I hate whimsicott just because of the predictability. The majority of people who use it run something along the lines of leech seed, stun spore, taunt, and some other status move to abuse prankster. Not really worth attacking with it since its offensive stats are just pitiful. Sableye I just don't know how to use, meowstic I never tried out (but I heard it's pretty good) and liepard just because of the good old prankster sandattack purrloin that I absolutely love in Reborn :P

Edited by grasssnake485

*Wakes up slumped over the helm*

Ah shit... feel asleep at the wheel. dayum :/

I'll see what I can do about getting something up for everyone, and quite possibly everyone's mother too, if she decides to pop by, sometime tomorrow... someone give me a recap of what recently happened basically everywhere besides tempest though. It'll save time if all I have to do is just skim the last posts rather than spend time reading them in depth.