Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Resolved] Scyther

Palpatine

Question

Hello everyone i'm new here and have been playing this game for a while. Love it of course. My question is can i and if i can, where can i find a Scyther ?
I've seen some people saying he's not in the game and check the obtainables list buuut i have also read somewhere that you can infact get him. So yea thanks in advance :D

16 answers to this question

I don't really remember any info about scyther in-game prior or after ep 11, but maybe it was in previous episodes, really don't know.

Anyway, since he's not in the obtainables list, he shouldn't be in the game currently. If you can get it through event, thouhg, I would like to know as well.

EDIT: Nope, not even the location guide thread mentions it, scyther is a N/A.

Edited by zimvader42

Very strange, does anyone know for what reason is that ? I mean scizor is not that overpowered and since metal coat is found kinda mid game you still can't get him(scizor) that early

Hmm maybe is just because scyther (or even more, scizor) would be overused just as Magby/Magmar and Riolu/Lucario were when they were obtainable prior ep 10. Or maybe Ame just decided no one's getting a scyther, period.

Oh god that would be too bad hahhaha considering scyther was like my favorite pokemon since gen 1 (in gen 2 it was scizor) next to rattata (yea i know i'm weird hahahah :( ) But seriously i had him on almost all of my playthroughs and was looking forward to use him here. Same with weavile.

Oh god that would be too bad hahhaha considering scyther was like my favorite pokemon since gen 1 (in gen 2 it was scizor) next to rattata (yea i know i'm weird hahahah :( ) But seriously i had him on almost all of my playthroughs and was looking forward to use him here. Same with weavile.

yeah I feel you, scizor is one of my favorite pokemons I was so annoyed it wasn't included when the adventurine region was released.

• Administrators

Tbh i very nearly did include scyther in aventurine. What's currently the Heracross/Pinsir event (where you actually get one) was originally planned to be Scyther, and if Metal Coat wasn't already in the game, it would have been. However, that was a bit early for a Scizor, and especially right before a dark gym...

Oooh so we might expect him soon. Also i was wondering when is episode 13 coming out

Generally I'd just tell you to be patient because Ame doesn't usually give us a time frame for when the next episode is coming out. Episode 13 is slated until further notice for mid August last I knew though, so not much longer. There's usually a beta testing period before it's released though so I dunno.

Scyther is in my top 5 favorite pokemon of all time so I'd like to see him join the roster. Only barely losing my favorite starter of all time Charizard and the best legendary Mewtwo.

in terms of base stats Scyther's base total is equal to Scizor base total.The only difference is Bug/Flying is a bad combination with a lot of weaknesses.At Scizor the steel type gives it the resistances it needs,so even with the same base total,it would be non sense to use a Scizor with sword dance+bullet punch/(any other attacking move Scizor learns) at this stage of the game.I believe Ame will release scyther when we will face the fire gym(so scizor would be no use)

Don't badmouth Scyther. He'll beat fire gym by awesomeness alone. Honestly speaking yeah, that sounds like something she'd do buuuuut she did give us Braviary prior to fighting gym v2 and Gothitelle before first fighting gym who is no Gardevoir but she ain't nothing to laugh at. Ame may just be a tad more generous that we give credit.

Tbh i very nearly did include scyther in aventurine. What's currently the Heracross/Pinsir event (where you actually get one) was originally planned to be Scyther, and if Metal Coat wasn't already in the game, it would have been. However, that was a bit early for a Scizor, and especially right before a dark gym...

How exactly is Heracross worse than Scizor against a dark gym? Bisharp, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Malamar are one shotted, so all you need is something to take out Honchkrow and Sableye.

It would be quite amazing against Radomus I suppose.