Favorite Tank?

Arago_Hunt

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Tyranitar, focus EV training on Defense, sandstorm will cover it's Sp. Defense, considering that you can also train it's Speed or Attack and give it Dragon Dance or Rock Polish to make Tyranitar an absolute killing machine, bulky, hard hitting and fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Milotic, hands down. It's not just any tank--it's a regenerating tank.

My favorite trick is to give it leftovers and aqua ring, and only whip out Recover when necessary. I'll have surf/scald and ice beam/toxic for offensive, or maybe all three if I get rid of Aqua Ring for Toxic.

She has pretty decent sp Atk too, especially with Competitive.

Tyranitar; granted it's weak to bug types, fairy types, steel types, water types, grass types, and 4x weak to fighting type moves, but it makes a decent special wall, and it's also my favorite mon; it can cream a decent amount of mons with it's physical stats though, but it's weaknesses are... Many.

I would have to say one of my favorite tanks at the moment is Dusknoir, given it has both good physical and special defenses. Will-O-Wisp an opponent and hit with shadow sneak while watching them do no damage to you is amusing, I imagine eviolite Dusclops is more effective.

There is another one worth mentioning, before Reborn I had never used Muk. Give it black sludge, and combine that with the +2 evasion per minimize, +2 defense per Acid Armor, its already high sp def, and just use toxic and stall the opponent. So either Muk or Dusknoir.

I used to have a sandstorm team on showdown and my tank was Hippowdon. I loved using that thing. It was good for stalling, too. I didn't really have a super defensive Pokémon on Reborn, but on Rejuvenation I would often use Nidoqueen and Dusclops when I needed someone to survive strong attacks.

Edited by Lunatic