The "x doors" and theory behind them "potential spoilers"

personmanthing

I have a theory that the "x doors" are barriers to "the world to come" and that in the postgame you will be able to open these doors when the door to Arceus. This theory is reinforced by Arceus 38-27, which is also strengthened by how ditto was able to gain some of Arceus's power which also reinforces the authenticity of Arceus.I also understand that some doors like the one to Byxbysion Wasteland might not be related. What do you think about this Theory? do you have any others? Also for reference here are all the "x doors" I am talking about.

8bpitnP.png

elJgyLz.png

ZhMUypq.png

KJWMHlO.png

J1IXtX0.png

TPksPAh.png

rVupTcm.png

tgjrBW9.png

VO6rnwO.png

Edited by personmanthing

I've been wanting to trace these in relation to the Arc d'Astrae (?) or to the Railnet. Additionally, because the X is the symbol of Reborn, I find it very strange that the gate in the Arc shares the same symbol. It's as if the city is inspired by the symbol at Arceus's birthplace.

What i'm trying to find is: How exactly do this doors connect? It doesn't make too much sense for me. But that's because i'm not seeing the full picture.

And it's probably something related to a legendary, of course. Arceus is the first one to come to mind, but what if it was other legendary? Or not even a pokemon, something... "else".

You forgot 2 doors ^^ You can find these 2 by yourself :P

And also, lol glitch on the Tauros picture. Amethyst!

Wow, I totally didn't know some of those doors existed. I don't remember one being in a Meteor Base. Where's the one in the third-to-last picture, in the dark cave? I don't even recognize the area.

The one that looks like a meteor base is actually in

Shades Gym

and the third to last one is in the

underground passage after Steelex destroys the Meteor Base in Tanzan Mountain

also

What i'm trying to find is: How exactly do this doors connect? It doesn't make too much sense for me. But that's because i'm not seeing the full picture.

And it's probably something related to a legendary, of course. Arceus is the first one to come to mind, but what if it was other legendary? Or not even a pokemon, something... "else".

You forgot 2 doors ^^ You can find these 2 by yourself :P

And also, lol glitch on the Tauros picture. Amethyst!

The doors relate to in Arceus 38-27 when it said "...Behind stone doors, four pillars of light bind the New World to a shadow of our own..." I think the four pillars of light represent the Ruby, Sapphire,Emerald, and Amethyst needed to get to Arceus who will open the "x doors" to get two the New World.

Edited by personmanthing

But that's only four of them (maybe those "doors" will be at the "corners" of Reborn) the other ones? I think behind the "extra" doors there will be Legendary Pokemon (related to each area).

If this were a traditional RPG, I would just say that these are the locations of post-game legendaries and call it a day.

This game isn't quite so typical, but I think this theory still holds some merit. First, we'd need to have all 4 keys to open any of these doors and at the end of the latest episode we have but one in our possession. At the rate we're going it'd take a significant amount of plot movement before we got our second key back and then we've only got 2 of 4. Second, the only door that is unlike the others is the one under the Grand Staircase which seems to hold some plot importance. I was under the impression before that it would lead to Arceus/the Meteor/whatever source of power or ancient city or whatever Reborn City was built on top of, but we've discovered that the place where Arceus/the Meteor is and it is not behind the Grand Staircase's door as far as I can tell (unless it's some sort of side entrance, but that seems unlikely).

It just seems like an easy way to distribute legendary Pokemon in the postgame to me, nothing more and nothing less.

I think they'll all lead to one large inter-connected area that contains a lot of the strong/legendary pokemon. Entering from different areas will give you access to different parts of the place. If this were the case it would mean essentially making another underground map for the entire game though, so that might be a bit much.

I also think the will lead to legendary pokemon like zapdos in power plant,moltres and heatran in the volcano,regirock in tanzan mountain, registeel in the rail net etc. Maybe they will be accessible wen we have all the 4 stones(sapphire,ruby emerald and amethyst maybe????)

Edited by Bessi

The door under the grand staircase most likely leads to the Meteor-Site / where we fought El.

when you go south in the cave corridor it leads to something "not cave like" which is most likely the sealed door.

And Solaris told us that this door leads to the Power of Reborn (aka the Meteor), when we first got down the Staircase.

The other doors, well I would also say Legendary-Pokemons

My guesses on the shown doors in the opening post:

Wasteland-Gate: ??? (hmmm... no Poison Legendary available, except Poison-Arceus...)

Powerplant-/Shades-Gym Gate: Zapdos (he loves Power plants ^^)

Graveyard-Gate: Giratina? (as the only Ghost-Legendary near a Graveyard?)

Railway-Gate: Registeel

Grand Staircase-Gate: Meteor-Site / Arceus and/or Deoxys (he has great connections to meteors)

Grand-Staircase Gate 2: Deoxys(?) / Jirachi / Regigigas

Tanzan-Mountain-Gate: Regirock / Groudon(?)

Pyrous Mountain-Gates (1/2): Moltres / Heatran / Groudon(?)

And since we don't have all "X-Doors" yet... My guess would be:

Darkrai + Cresselia near the next town in EP.12 (Guards asleep *hint hint*)

Arcticuno + Regice + Kyurem(?) on the coming Ice-Mountain (EP13?)

Demeteros in the Desert...

and well...

If this were a traditional RPG, I would just say that these are the locations of post-game legendaries and call it a day.

This game isn't quite so typical, but I think this theory still holds some merit. First, we'd need to have all 4 keys to open any of these doors and at the end of the latest episode we have but one in our possession. At the rate we're going it'd take a significant amount of plot movement before we got our second key back and then we've only got 2 of 4. Second, the only door that is unlike the others is the one under the Grand Staircase which seems to hold some plot importance. I was under the impression before that it would lead to Arceus/the Meteor/whatever source of power or ancient city or whatever Reborn City was built on top of, but we've discovered that the place where Arceus/the Meteor is and it is not behind the Grand Staircase's door as far as I can tell (unless it's some sort of side entrance, but that seems unlikely).

It just seems like an easy way to distribute legendary Pokemon in the postgame to me, nothing more and nothing less.

The door beneath the Grand Staircase does lead to Citae Arc d'Astrae. In the area right before we enter the Arc (the area that's officially named "Beneath the Grand... Something"), you can see the door from the other side at the bottom of the map.

• Veterans

I know whats behind those doors : Arceus's 18 Plates(original ones not the ones through mining) and theyare guarded by legendaries and you need the plates to get Arceus at the end of the game

The door under the grand staircase most likely leads to the Meteor-Site / where we fought El.

when you go south in the cave corridor it leads to something "not cave like" which is most likely the sealed door.

And Solaris told us that this door leads to the Power of Reborn (aka the Meteor), when we first got down the Staircase.

The other doors, well I would also say Legendary-Pokemons

My guesses on the shown doors in the opening post:

Wasteland-Gate: ??? (hmmm... no Poison Legendary available, except Poison-Arceus...)

Powerplant-/Shades-Gym Gate: Zapdos (he loves Power plants ^^)

Graveyard-Gate: Giratina? (as the only Ghost-Legendary near a Graveyard?)

Railway-Gate: Registeel

Grand Staircase-Gate: Meteor-Site / Arceus and/or Deoxys (he has great connections to meteors)

Grand-Staircase Gate 2: Deoxys(?) / Jirachi / Regigigas

Tanzan-Mountain-Gate: Regirock / Groudon(?)

Pyrous Mountain-Gates (1/2): Moltres / Heatran / Groudon(?)

And since we don't have all "X-Doors" yet... My guess would be:

Darkrai + Cresselia near the next town in EP.12 (Guards asleep *hint hint*)

Arcticuno + Regice + Kyurem(?) on the coming Ice-Mountain (EP13?)

Demeteros in the Desert...

and well...

This may sound like an odd thought but I was thinking maybe Shaymin at the Wasteland Gate, as Shaymin's known for purifying, but maybe it's asleep or something or being trapped in the door means it can't do its job?

Does anyone remember what each of the four keys symbolizes again? I don't remember.

Ruby -> Destruction?

Sapphire -> Order?

Emerald -> Loyalty?

Amethyst -> Space and Beyond?

Ruby, the seal of pain.

Sapphire, the seal of love.

Emerald, the seal of faith.

Amethyst, the seal of the beyond.

The legendary idea seems feasible, but the one in the Wasteland's got me thrown off. The post about maybe Shaymin being in there unable to do its job, probably seems the most likely senario. There's also the off chance that the Legendary idea could be completely wrong, and someone needs to unlock all these doors using the 4 Keys to obtain what's behind these doors. My guess, is that behind the doors might be fragments of something that when pieced together form something that can like Summon Arceus or some other really strong creation Pokemon like Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.

I almost want to say that each door will contain a different Plate, and that merging all 17 Plates together will enable Arceus to change to a "Deity Forme."

But the fact that you can mine Plates from rocks makes that kind of hard to believe.

Plot Twist: They're just doors to the different areas of the SAFARI ZONE! :D

Double Plot Twist: A Safari Zone FOR LEGENDARIES. :> Imagine catching 10 Mews in one session. :D

My thoughts on this though is that Team Meteor locked up(?) the legendaries in the past. Then one way or another they lost the keys and are now trying to take it back as their plan to create the Reborn Region "anew" is unfolding.

I can only hope for them to be gates to legendaries.. however i feel the theory about the underground map has more strength.. Considering that we can see both sides of the door in the underground staircase.. though it would seem likely that there would be either legendary pokemon or major plot changing events behind them if we get to open them before the game is over..

• Support Squad

I know whats behind those doors : Arceus's 18 Plates(original ones not the ones through mining) and theyare guarded by legendaries and you need the plates to get Arceus at the end of the game

Mining

*Pop*

I just burst dat bubble

Your list is missing:

• One in the lost railnet cave in Crysolia
  • Another one in Tanzaan Cave (it's on the same floor as the entrances to the Cove and the forest)
  • One in the cave on the far east end of the Wasteland Wall

And, if you want to be extra thorough,

• One in Peridot Ward (apparently it leads to the desert)
  • One in the Obsidia Ward (We've opened this one, it's the entrance to the Byxbysion Wasteland

And, if you want to be EXTRA extra thorough, one in the Opal Ward. It's the entrance to the Grand Hall.

Come to think of it, I think I should make a version of this forum on the "On The Hunt" thread. There we'll keep track of new appearances of these doors and if/when they open, and what's behind them when they do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This may sound like an odd thought but I was thinking maybe Shaymin at the Wasteland Gate, as Shaymin's known for purifying, but maybe it's asleep or something or being trapped in the door means it can't do its job?

I agree with you, due to the lack of poison legends, but by the same logic more so, suicune is also a purifier, making even thin undecided.

Maybe it's a Underground Tube Channel :P serving for some function like fly :D

While this does sound plausible, this would also mean that Fly won't even exist in this game, which is less than likely, it's a common place move, just a skipping stone she'll give us when absolutely necessary.

Whether it leads to legendaries or not, the doors alone can't give all the legendaries, we'll probably have new maps, i think it'd be kinda stupid to get legendaries like zapdos, articuno and moltres from these doors, they should be in some islands like they are in the story, having only two locations with the boat is kinda stupid right? i think some of the doors, like the one arceus is in and the one under the stairway probably have legendaries, under the stairway i believe there's a whole city AND a legendary, as for the rest, they'll probably lead somewhere else along with more secrets and legendaries.

I just hope that we'll manage to finish this game while we still live. :D