Kiki is killing me, I need help

Roy

I can't get past Kiki no matter what, my team is

Blaziken Lvl 44 Gyrados Lvl 44 Pidgeot Lvl 43 Kricketune Lvl 40 Golem Lvl 40

For my 6th pokemon I'm getting Gengar but no matter what I do I cant get past Kiki, like 2 or 3 of her pokemon have thunderpunch and just 1 shot my Pidgeot, Gyrados, Blaziken, and Kricketune...

Have kricketune use Sing on Machamp to set it to sleep, then switch in Gyarados and let him Dragon Dance 3 or so times, then sweep her entire team with Gyarados' awesomeness.

Also, the level cap is 45, and you still have quite a long way to go until the next badge. Have some common candies ready.

If you still need more pokemon to take her on, get a Torkoal from Pyrous Mountain. It has high Defense so fighting-type attacks won't do much to it.

Edited by Nova

Probably the best pokemon for dealing with Kiki is Gardevoir. 4x resistance to fighting and super effective dual STAB moonblast and psychic? Absolutely wrecks her if you play it right.

I think you should swap Kricketune (at this stage of the game it's pretty useless) for a psychic Pokemon (Gardevoir or Meowstick), of course you'll have to level them up to 40 (at least) and that may be difficult.

Swoobat is pretty cool for a Psychic-type. A Psychic/Flying-type, at that. If it has Simple all it has to do is set up Calm Mind and go to town.

Otherwise, Gardevoir has already been said and is very useful here. If you don't mind grinding up another Fairy-type, most of them will do pretty well- Swirlix and Spritzee are available, and you can also get Igglybuff and Cleffa, though I don't know how you'd feel about grinding those up...

...And I haven't tried Meowstic against her, but I would love to. I don't think it'd have Reflect by that point, so it can't buffer physical attacks, but... hmm...

Oh yes, and Ghost-types are pretty useful too, if nothing else. You can easily catch Duskull and Yamask in Shade's Gym, for a couple of them. Both very bulky and capable of taking hits, but rather slow, unfortunately.

Edit:

Did you try any of these support: Bulk up, Dragon Dance, xAttack/Special, xDef/xSpD, xSpeed?

X items are broken as of Episode 11, so that's probably not the best idea, but Bulk Up/Dragon Dance could work just fine, too.

Edited by Lost Lore

Alternatively, you can get Pumpkaboo in the Beryl Cemetary as well if you picked up the Soul Candle just south of the old Yureyu power plant (Shade's gym).

Aside from that, I would have to recommend a Gardevoir or maybe even a Swoobat/Noibat (if you can deal with low stats for Noibat). Don't be afraid to stock up on potions either.

If you really want Kiki defeated and have the patience, perhaps consider catching and training a Zubat into a Crobat.

At the same level as Kiki's team, it'll OHKO most of her team with Acrobatics and outspeed too, not giving her a chance to use any Hyper Potions to heal up. Worked for me anyways, but my teams are usually strong against Fighting since I'm usually running a Psychic type and a Flying type.

If you really want Kiki defeated and have the patience, perhaps consider catching and training a Zubat into a Crobat.

At the same level as Kiki's team, it'll OHKO most of her team with Acrobatics and outspeed too, not giving her a chance to use any Hyper Potions to heal up. Worked for me anyways, but my teams are usually strong against Fighting since I'm usually running a Psychic type and a Flying type.

I don't believe you can get Zubat before Kiki's gym anymore.

I also had a Blaziken and Gyrados on my team, but my third pokemon was Gardevior, which has already been recommended twice. She gets psychic at lv 40, and at 45 outspeeds all of kiki's pokemon. You can one-shot everything on her team with her and Blaziken. If you teach it shadow ball you can even OHKO Medicham.

You can use my Noel "bulk up spam strat" and sweep her with double kick and blaze kick. After 2 you should bed able to eat up any attack well, at plus 4 you should be able to sweep her depending on your IV's and Attack stat. You can also bait out heals from Kiki and set up easier.

Haha in my opinion, Cal saved me this time round. I lost to Cal miserably and in anger, I went back to train under the Obsidian Bridge to rack up my Att and Sp Att EVs through training on all them Unowns.

It paid off, and I beat Cal afterwards, followed by a one-way through Kiki. However it was a cloooose match dude... Garbodor really helped too..until Croagunk was sent out.

Does your gyarados have intimidate? If so, you can do some fancy switching between gyarados and golem to drop her pokemon's attack. Bring in gyarados, then switch to golem to take the rock move/thunderpunch, then back to gyarados to take the ground/fighting move. Once the threats are weakened you can bring in something to kill them. As far as I recall lucario is her only special attacker, and your blaziken should be able to 1v1 it. Just be careful because she will start predicting your switches after a while (or just randomly use a different attack).

• Veterans

Try and get gallade by getting a dawn stone through mining it may not have a dual resistance to fighting but its dual stab like gardevoir knocks out her entire team except for medicham (unless she has a hawlucha now) on my first run i used a charizard

Get Snubbull from the girl in Peridot ward, evolves at 23 is fairy type and gets play rough at 43. Hello KiKi meet my broom.

Its moveset is:

Bite

Play Rough

Charm

Headbutt

Edited by Kooper