There can be only One (Reborn Challenge)

Nova

Nova presents:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

I am doing a new type of challenge in Reborn!

The rules are simple:

-you may only use ONE pokémon. This means you will ignore the disobedience level cap to have one super OP, disobedient Pokemon.

-an extra HM slave is allowed, but it may not be used to battle.

Fun Bonus Rules:

-No status healing items allowed (Azery123)

Note: This challenge is purely not made to mock Ame or the Reborn's "level cap".

Chapter I: The beginning

For my first try, i'm going with this guy:

turtwig.gif

Third reset: Shiny, Adamant and Shell Armor. Seems like luck is already on my side.

After some battling around the Opal Ward, i caught myself a Bidoof to use as an HM slave:

bidoof.gif

The First Gym

Julia was beaten quite easily. Had some problems with the sonicbooms, but with a few Potions and Curse stacks, it went okay.

My "team" after Julia:

grotle.gif

Grotle @Rose Incense

Level 23

Curse

Bite

Razor Leaf

Tackle

I will update the thread as I continue. If you try the challenge as well, tell me!

Edited by Nova

This seems like hell, I know from trying to speedrun the game, using limited pokemon, and stressing out over RNG. I wish you the best of RNG in your endeavors. Good luck on all the double battles, and the doubles battle with Zel and Taka. Remember to save all the time, and yes I will be definitely trying this too.

This seems like hell, I know from trying to speedrun the game, using limited pokemon, and stressing out over RNG. I wish you the best of RNG in your endeavors. Good luck on all the double battles, and the doubles battle with Zel and Taka. Remember to save all the time, and yes I will be definitely trying this too.

It's actually going pretty well this far, but the RNG is indeed annoying when it lets you down just when you need it the most.

Good luck, speacially for when the gyms get to Lv. 100 or close...

( But this looks fun, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ^_^)

Edited by Notus

Part 2: Obsidia and the Second Gym

I had some trouble with the Scrafty gang, the confusion of Swagger combined with disobedience pretty much sucked. After a few tries, i managed to get full Curse stacks, then sweep through the entire team.

Fern was a grasshole, and i one-shot each of his team members with great joy.

Florinia, too, was surprisingly easy to beat. With Torterra's ground typing, meaning it resists sandstorm and also gets a STAB on Earthquake, basically let it one-shot every one of her mons, even Cradily, after a few Curse stacks.

The Team:

torterra.gif

Torterra @Rose Incense

Level 34

Earthquake

Curse

Bite

Razor Leaf

I decided to skip Leech Seed for now, basically because it'd be no use in Florinia's gym, the spaces are better used for the other moves (for now), and i can always go back to just relearn it with a Heart Scale.

Edited by Nova

in episode 11 serra's first pokemon is cloyster WITH FOCUS SASH. with base 180 def i don't think u can KO it in one hit, but even if u can- the sash comes out.... and the next is icicle spear... i don't even want to think about it.... 150 atk for EACH OF 5 TIMES IN A ROW (25x4 super eff x 1.5 STAB)= 750 atk.... oh lord arceus....

even that shell use shell smash, u use curse---> the next is 2x atk with icicle spear....

i think your only chance IS BRIGHT POWDER (pathetic right...), but the next is avalug with sturdy and avalanche..............

basically- noway u can win against this...THING

Edited by gutten_tag

• Veterans

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i'm stuck at Zel&Taka. :(

well i would ussualy reccomend something with swagger and a raticate but it wont work whats torterra's moveset and stats currently

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i'm stuck at Zel&Taka. :(

Told you that was my run breaker, had I not thought up a strat abusing the X-items glitch to stack a speed boost, glaceon would have been able to outspeed everything and then well poop. I'm doing this with combusken just because of this. And even with two mons like Gayrados and combusken, it was still a pain in the ass to beat.

well i would ussualy reccomend something with swagger and a raticate but it wont work whats torterra's moveset and stats currently

Level 40 @Rose Incense

Earthquake

Curse

Leech Seed (relearned it)

Razor Leaf

Att-113

Def-105

SpAtt-69 :feelsgd:

SpDef-84

Speed-67

• Veterans

Try and kill glaceon immediantly use eq for spread damage with stab it wil probably 2 hit KO glaceon and do heavy damage against lileep next are espeon and tangrowth killespeon as soon as possible cause if you dont it will bite you in the ass later it has Future sight meaning it will use that first for heavy damage . For Tangrowth all i can help you with is use curse a lot as for CHatot your own there buddy just use razor leaf on Umbreon and you will be good

Try and kill glaceon immediantly use eq for spread damage with stab it wil probably 2 hit KO glaceon and do heavy damage against lileep next are espeon and tangrowth killespeon as soon as possible cause if you dont it will bite you in the ass later it has Future sight meaning it will use that first for heavy damage . For Tangrowth all i can help you with is use curse a lot as for CHatot your own there buddy just use razor leaf on Umbreon and you will be good

It doesn't work that way, sadly. First on are Glaceon and Lileep, both of which i can OHKO at the same time with Earthquake. Next up are Chatot and Espeon. Problem is, Earthquake won't hit Chatot, and Razor Leaf will kill neither of them, while they can kill me in 2 turns using Chatter (OP) and Psychic. And that is the most optimal situation, not even mentioning the terrible disobedience :(

Edited by Nova

• Veterans

It doesn't work that way, sadly. First on are Glaceon and Lileep, both of which i can OHKO at the same time with Earthquake. Next up are Chatot and Espeon. Problem is, Earthquake won't hit Chatot, and Razor Leaf will kill neither of them, while they can kill me in 2 turns using Chatter (OP) and Psychic. And that is the most optimal situation, not even mentioning the terrible disobedience :(

Umbreon can be danger too you know it has confuse ray so your chances of hitting it is extremely low