The Grand Holy Quest for the Strength HM

Timber Dragon

• Veterans

Puzzles although frustrating are part of Reborn so nothing wrong with flash caves :)

Besides its not even a puzzle with flash and is only difficult if your too stubborn to teach one your pokemon flash. :P

A dark place like Reborn should have dark caves.

Have you ever been in Wayward Cave withiut Flash and i mean the main Cave not the Gible One God have mercy on you :feelsgn:

I forget to get Flash whenever i play pearl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azery123, on 10 Apr 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:Azery123, on 10 Apr 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:Azery123, on 10 Apr 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Have you ever been in Wayward Cave withiut Flash and i mean the main Cave not the Gible One God have mercy on you :feelsgn:

Yep. You're on about the cave with the little girl at the end that teams up with you? I have done that cave without flash before however I was rather foolish for trying it and deserved the frustration for not using Flash.

Edited by GottaLoveShuckle

Yep. You're on about the cave with the little girl at the end that teams up with you? I have done that cave without flash before however I was rather foolish for trying it and deserved the frustration for not using Flash.

I don't think I've ever done that cave /with/ flash.. I even remember to get it I just don't use it.

• Veterans

Get Flash in Platinum or Any sinnoh games i got it Just for that Cave. i am currently doing a Nuzlocke of Platinum Give me hope that i can find a Ralts on route 208 without it teleporting

I definitely think it is necessary to have a reason for fighting these leaders besides collecting all the badges but timber dragon has a point. That was a lot of stuff to do before saving the kids. By the time we got to the base I'd expect the doctor to have already used his shock therapy on every single one of the kids. unless that wasn't part of the deal he made with the meteors. (I can't remember)

I guess it just feels a little awkward to go on this long quest and to seemingly not mention a feeling of worry for the kids except with kiki because I do remember her mentioning your reason to save the kids from the orphanage so there is a reminder during this journey.(they are gym leaders but you know)

Well, a couple of rpg's do this sort of thing where the heroes have to hurry up and stop something dangerous from happening but end up going on a sidequest or two. I admit this quest was pretty distracting but based on my memory alone it seemed to flow from one event to the other pretty well. This is one of those things that seems to have both strengths and weaknesses but neither seems to dominate the other.

Actually, I change my mind I think the end justified the means in this one. It's just difficult finding where there could be improvement. I have to go through it again.

Just did a little math, It took me 1 hour and 5 minuets to get strength. With only 9 hrs of game time, it is 1/9 of my game time.

That if you're speed running right?

Now imagine that for someone that likes to explore stuff like me... OR, to someone that never watched a playthrough and it's doing it for the first time...

But like i said, i like to explore, so i don't mind... Actually, i like when things take time to do... Cuz i can EXPLORE!

That if you're speed running right?

Now imagine that for someone that likes to explore stuff like me... OR, to someone that never watched a playthrough and it's doing it for the first time...

But like i said, i like to explore, so i don't mind... Actually, i like when things take time to do... Cuz i can EXPLORE!

But still one hour to get one move to advance the story is crazy, can't wait to see what Ame has in store for the other HMs

Magus, on 11 Apr 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:Magus, on 11 Apr 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

But still one hour to get one move to advance the story is crazy, can't wait to see what Ame has in store for the other HMs

I wouldn't say it takes 1 hour to simply advance in the story because you make tons of progress in the story going on your quest for HM Strength!

I mean you raid another team meteor factory and destroy a Muk Pulse (your first Pulse that's not Tangrowth :P). You also rescue Cain and try to stop team meteor from using their Camerupt Pulse to destroy Apophyll (Is those few Kids lives more important than all of Apophyll?).

Also not really important plot wise but you leave Reborn City for the first time and get to explore the Azurine Region (Azurine Island, Apophyll and Pyrous Mountain) and Byxbysion Waste land for your first time! Took you getting 4 Badges just to leave the big city!

PS: If you explore the wasteland you will also find and get to destroy another Pulse that isnt Tangrowth! I think its awesome how Ame hid this secret Pulse in the wasteland that explains why the wasteland is the way it is. I also like how it shows team meteor are doing more than you realise to destroy Reborn. Please keep rewarding people that explore with little plot things like this Ame because its awesome.

Edited by GottaLoveShuckle

You're not talking about Mr. Bigglelsworth, are you? Because that's the only PULSE near Spiritomb in the Wasteland I know of.

He is. Bigglesworth taught himself to amplify his powers with the PULSE in his hideout.

Imagine El and Team Meteor teaming up and making a PULSE Arceus...

I just redid the HM strength chapter. Now I feel kind of stupid for making that post earlier because there's more than one instance where you're quest to save the kids at the orphanage is mentioned. Maybe Cain is a little too upbeat at times although it does make sense that he would be since that's the kind of character he is.

I honestly think that this part of the story played out really well. This whole thing could have been called a large chapter in the story. A big journey for the HM almost The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker style you know when you're collecting jewels in order to obtain the master sword and defeat Ganondorf which should finally allow you to save your sister.

Maybe I was looking for more cutscenes or so where the characters talked about the kids at the orphanage or something. I 'm particularly thinking about Victoria when she say she's "sorry that she won't be able to travel with you any more." I'm just wondering how did she manage to get to the island? Was she on the baooat with us and then decided to walk around the beach on her own to meet Cal alone maybe? I guess I'm thinking that a boat ride scene with you and Victoria is missing or something where you get to tell her more about what happened. Maybe I'm just rambling but who knows maybe it would help build the relationship between Victoria and the player since she always seems to be rushing towards something urgent.

Any thoughts, opinions maybe?

I 'm particularly thinking about Victoria when she say she's "sorry that she won't be able to travel with you any more." I'm just wondering how did she manage to get to the island? Was she on the baooat with us and then decided to walk around the beach on her own to meet Cal alone maybe? I guess I'm thinking that a boat ride scene with you and Victoria is missing or something where you get to tell her more about what happened.

....wait, how did Victoria manage to get to the island? How did she get off of the island in the first place to get to the Grand Hall?

..and why did this thought not occur to me until you posted about it?

• Administrators

Apophyll does have some hidden storage of transportation. There's a third port-warehouse in Coral that it could be housed there, and who knows where Victoria parked it. But it was hardly worth including.

@Amethyst(quote button isn't working) Good point. It is a minor thing for this kind of a game especially since its a fan game. That must have been a really difficult episode to work on. I mean there is a lot of stuff going on and somehow you just made the plot flow really well one event after another. This is kind of my favorite part of the game since on my first playthrough I swapped out my team including my starter Samurott and learned to use a different one with because of the level cap. Anyways I liked it a whole lot and I appreciate the work you put in.

tbh the only reason I pointed out the zigzagging plot is because during my first playthrough, I really really wanted that badge to raise the level cap. I didn't have many Pokemon in rotation and I was worried all the fighting I had to do was just wasted exp, and every time it seemed like I would actually get the badge, it's like, nope, other stuff to deal with first. Then my second playthrough gave me awesome fortune telling powers (psst! Kiki dies!) and it hit me just how much effort it took just to get Strength. Not that the stuff you had to deal with wasn't important and didn't contribute to anything, but geez gaiz i jus wan'ed mah budge!!1 ):

....wait, how did Victoria manage to get to the island? How did she get off of the island in the first place to get to the Grand Hall?

..and why did this thought not occur to me until you posted about it?

I wondered about that too, but I just assumed Victoria managed to get off the island in time, before the Muk PULSE made it too polluted for even ships to cross. Kinda makes you think Cain should've been a little more careful riding nothing but a Muk.

Why y u do dis?

Because Ditto is the player of the Pokemon world. Talk to breeders; they know.

• Veterans

tbh the only reason I pointed out the zigzagging plot is because during my first playthrough, I really really wanted that badge to raise the level cap. I didn't have many Pokemon in rotation and I was worried all the fighting I had to do was just wasted exp, and every time it seemed like I would actually get the badge, it's like, nope, other stuff to deal with first. Then my second playthrough gave me awesome fortune telling powers (psst! Kiki dies!) and it hit me just how much effort it took just to get Strength. Not that the stuff you had to deal with wasn't important and didn't contribute to anything, but geez gaiz i jus wan'ed mah budge!!1 ):

I wondered about that too, but I just assumed Victoria managed to get off the island in time, before the Muk PULSE made it too polluted for even ships to cross. Kinda makes you think Cain should've been a little more careful riding nothing but a Muk.

Because Ditto is the player of the Pokemon world. Talk to breeders; they know.

If there is all this speculation about surf,fly,flash and Rock climb going on I hope we dont need to worry about whirlpool for a while pls AMe i dont wanna go on anoher goose chase around reborn for Whirlpool