Vinny

Different shinies?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change more than just the color of a shiny pokemon?

• Yes. I want to see different forms of pokemons.
    • No. I think that's not good, it's not original/Something else
    • I have no opinion on that/I don't care/Something else
  2. 2. Silver Kabutops or Red Kabutops?

• Red
    • Silver

Hello everyone... So, under the orders of Commander Amethyst, i decided to make this topic, cuz i have to ask you people some stuff...

Okay, first thing: Do you know shiny pokemon? You know, these pokemons that have a different color than their original ones? Well, we want to ask you people something: Would it be okay to change more than just the color of a shiny pokemon? We're talking about something like this:

Shiny Version of Machop and Machamp(Normal):

Spr_5b_066_s.pngSpr_4h_068_s.png

Reborn's version of them (Credits to "Calvius"):

3yk4p98d.pngbufqjz2l.png

So, we want to know your opinion on that: Changes like that are cool, or they ruin the game (Keep in mind that not all shinies are going to become zombies... This is just an example of a "drastic" change)? Post your opinion please, it's important...

For the second question, we want to decide what shiny Kabuto/Kabutops is better:

Red Kabuto/Kabutops:

24wsg02.pngzl6v7b.png

Silver Kabuto/Kabutops:

23wjsc7.pngfd5b0x.png

Credits go to "Flux" for making all these four sprites...

This is important, so please, post your opinions on it... Thank you in advance...

tl;dr = Vote, and say why... That's all...

Edited by Vinny953

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with different shinies (having different colors than the original shinies), but when they become zombies? No.

This goes a bit beyond than that though... Of course, we're not going to make all the pokemons Zombies (That was just an example)... but when i said it "More than the color"... Something like this, for example, imagine that the shiny Tangrowth could look like this:

TPBAzFB.png

*This is just an example, not the real shiny version of Tangrowth*

In my opinion changing the forms of pokémon is a little too much for a shiny. I understand the logic behind the shinies is the same as real life albino animals. Different forms are already covered by the species itself (Gastrodon, Baskulin etc.).

And silver Kabutops 'cause it's epic!

I'm on the wall for this.
It's more work for the developers (including the members who contribute) and Ame to give the OK for the sprites. Additionally, she would need to download & transfer the files into the game. It shouldn't be difficult work, but incorporating all the new forms in and whatever else is required could be troublesome.
However, if the members of the community and Ame are willing to put an episode off for a week or however long it may take to incorporate them, then I'm anything but against the idea. With the exception of zombies.
And obviously the silver Kabuto/Kabutops. That's badass.

I'm on the wall for this.

It's more work for the developers (including the members who contribute) and Ame to give the OK for the sprites. Additionally, she would need to download & transfer the files into the game. It shouldn't be difficult work, but incorporating all the new forms in and whatever else is required could be troublesome.

However, if the members of the community and Ame are willing to put an episode off for a week or however long it may take to incorporate them, then I'm anything but against the idea. With the exception of zombies.

And obviously the silver Kabuto/Kabutops. That's badass.

I understand that... After all, we would need more people to make different sprites... I mean, changing the color is easy, but have to "remake" a pokemon? Yeah, it might take more time than Ame wants...

Although i don't think time would be the problem... After all, if we get all the shinies before the last episode of Reborn, i think it would be okay... The real problem would be the amount of work to make the different sprite...

In my opinion changing the forms of pokémon is a little too much for a shiny. I understand the logic behind the shinies is the same as real life albino animals. Different forms are already covered by the species itself (Gastrodon, Baskulin etc.).

And silver Kabutops 'cause it's epic!

True, but not all the pokemons have that right? Although, that makes sense, cuz not all the pokemons would change in their shiny form, just some of them... But still, it's a very good point...

And zombies are not that popular for pokemon i guess... Snakewood anyone? ^^

EDIT: Vinny is not blonde, but thought that everyone should be swimming... changed to Poll...

Edited by Vinny953

...Pool? Am I supposed to be swimming?

Anyway, it really is up to you guys, not me. Personally I'm not one who's fond of particularly gory/bloody things, but I actually think those takes on Machop and Machamp look kinda cool. Too drastic of a change might make me prefer the normal form to the shiny more, but considering that happens with some Reborn shinies already... yeah.

As for Kabuto/Kabutops... I like the red Kabutops better but the silver Kabuto more than the red one. So I'd go with silver on both of them, since I like the silver Kabutops too.

In hindsight, I'm not sure if I should have voted, considering I made one of the topics in question, but...whatever. Too late now.

Anyway, I voted silver Kabuto/ps because I prefer it as I said originally. Also, I voted yes to alternate shinies because I think it will add some differentiation from other games, and if they are made to the standards of Machamp/Machop, I would be happy with them. Also, there weren't too many drastic changes on Ame's list of shinies. (At least for Gen 1)

In hindsight, I'm not sure if I should have voted, considering I made one of the topics in question, but...whatever. Too late now.

Anyway, I voted silver Kabuto/ps because I prefer it as I said originally. Also, I voted yes to alternate shinies because I think it will add some differentiation from other games, and if they are made to the standards of Machamp/Machop, I would be happy with them. Also, there weren't too many drastic changes on Ame's list of shinies. (At least for Gen 1)

Hey, you part of this community... Even if the question has relation to you, you have all the right to vote and give your opinion...

Also, that's something important... "Ame's list of shinies for the other gens"... But based on the first list, you're right... I don't think there's going to be drastic changes (I think the Machop line was the most drastic one, IMO)...

I thought that was intentional, honestly.

It wasn't... I'm stupid and didn't notice (WTF POOL? GOOD F***ING JOB VINNY)

I don't like the idea of changing shiny Pokémon designs so drastically like that, especially not changing them into zombies, it's repulsive and not at all Pokémon-like. But even other alterations...shinies are just supposed to be rare color variations, like albino animals in real life...they aren't horribly mutated versions of the Pokémon. Plus imagine somebody seeing one and thinking, oh hey a Zombie machop, it must be part ghost or something...but no, it's exactly the same as any machop...yet it looks totally different. That's not right. It's pretty immersion breaking IMO. If you want to do something like this, you should give the Pokémon new separate forms, I know Zeta does something similar with Delta Pokémon. But leave shinies as just color variations.

I don't like the idea of changing shiny Pokémon designs so drastically like that, especially not changing them into zombies, it's repulsive and not at all Pokémon-like. But even other alterations...shinies are just supposed to be rare color variations, like albino animals in real life...they aren't horribly mutated versions of the Pokémon. Plus imagine somebody seeing one and thinking, oh hey a Zombie machop, it must be part ghost or something...but no, it's exactly the same as any machop...yet it looks totally different. That's not right. It's pretty immersion breaking IMO. If you want to do something like this, you should give the Pokémon new separate forms, I know Zeta does something similar with Delta Pokémon. But leave shinies as just color variations.

Normally, I would agree with you, but considering how Reborn is as a region, I can imagine some Pokemon undergoing freakish and/or otherwise undesirable mutations, as an adaptation to their new environment. So shinies taking on odd qualities doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me.

minor changes would be cool, like plusel shinnie could have a x represting times, will minum could have a divide sign, zombies and robots and other mutations not so much, and with the kabuto I like the red eyes but I like the rest to be the silver

Normally, I would agree with you, but considering how Reborn is as a region, I can imagine some Pokemon undergoing freakish and/or otherwise undesirable mutations, as an adaptation to their new environment. So shinies taking on odd qualities doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me.

That's something that i thought about it too... Reborn region is F*d as of episode 11, so yeah...

I guess people took the zombie thing a bit too serious though... NOT everything is going to turn into a zombie lel...

minor changes would be cool, like plusel shinnie could have a x represting times, will minum could have a divide sign, zombies and robots and other mutations not so much, and with the kabuto I like the red eyes but I like the rest to be the silver

Should i add an option on the poll about "Minor things"? Something like:

"You can do minor changes, but not something too drastic"...

I have no idea what to do with the first idea, and as for the Shiny Kabuto Family... It's a tough gamble, but I'll go with silver. Looks a bit more... Skeletal than the red one. Though if the eyes were completely white... That would be even better. Then again, It's also good as it is.

I do like the idea of changing the shiny sprites. I've seen so many ugly Geodudes that seeing them look differently might be nice. However, I think the shiny appearance should definitely take into account what locations the pokemon can be found at. For example, Machop is found at the cave near Apophyll Academy, and I have no clue what relevance zombies have to the area. If we happened to find zombies by the Beryl graveyard, that might be cool, but in the cave by a volcano, it just seems a bit off.

As for the Kabuto, go Red!

I like the idea of different forms for the shinies (if it's not "random" of course) also maybe it would be a good idea to give them slightly better stats (like in Gen 2) and for Kabuto/Kabutops forms they're both (very) good but the red one is better.

This goes a bit beyond than that though... Of course, we're not going to make all the pokemons Zombies (That was just an example)... but when i said it "More than the color"... Something like this, for example, imagine that the shiny Tangrowth could look like this:

TPBAzFB.png

*This is just an example, not the real shiny version of Tangrowth*

Me talking about zombies was also an example. I'm not a big fan of changing anything but the colors. It moves away from pokemon. And this isn't any zombie apocalypse. No snakewood here.

in all honesty vinny that tangroth while just an idea seems out of place in pokemon, alos can i have a shiny gold dragon please?? :D also some kinda side quest would be nice to beable to get a shiny version of pokemon that are only avalible in the game corener without the mass amount of breading would be nice

Edited by sandy

..Shiny zombies? I've seen enough Pokémon Snakewood for a while.

Alternative shiny Pokémon are probably a cool idea, though I wonder how this would be implemented. (Won't go into technical stuff)

Actually, all knowledge that is required is the knowledge of Copy/ Paste

I gave it a try and thats how it would ingame:

bwwi8u9u.png

Alternatively since shiny pokemon are "common" we could have something really special, like a "rare shiny" (if people cared to make more shinies, and to be honest, I don't think that anyone would want to do that).

Edited by Mikzal