Reborn League Season 3 Relaunch and Rules

Amethyst

You could, yes.

"Moving on from that, we've had a lot "of questions about one of the most popular new mechanics of 6th gen: Mega Pokemon. Namely: Can challengers use them? Can leaders?

One of the things that has historically diversified the meta of League from the meta of general battling is our blanket ban on Legendary Pokemon. With Megas, it has been said by developers of the main series that Megas are somewhat equivalent to legendaries- and indeed, they often surpass them in strength. As such, we have unfortunately decided that challengers may not use Mega Evolution in the Reborn League."

Didn't you say that we couldn't use Megas?

Edited by Magikarpkiller

Ame meant that you can only use Megas in X-league ...Not so in League though.

To simplify it, we can only use 6 pokemons for League, neither of them can Mega-evolve or are Legendaries.

However in X-league, you can use 7 pokemons composing of one Mega Pokemon and one Legendary Pokemon; which means that using a Mega Mewtwo is totaliy acceptable.

Its not a must to use a Mega Pokemon or legendary in X-league, but it's best to take advantage of it.

Edited by Reeveelution

This is a questioned based off of what's already known. Since we can have Mewtwo as one of our pokemon in X-League, would using the Mega Stone with it also cancel out both a legendary pokemon we can use and a mega evo we could use?

This is a questioned based off of what's already known. Since we can have Mewtwo as one of our pokemon in X-League, would using the Mega Stone with it also cancel out both a legendary pokemon we can use and a mega evo we could use?

Yes, from what I've read.

• Administrators

Though I wonder something. With the new ranking order of the league, was it chosen through the consent of the Leaders or through staff voting?

consent of the leaders? what's that?

srsly though no one would particularly consent to being stuck in entry >>

• Administrators

Titania was once mighty?

This new system seems fun. One question, though. Do challengers get one mega and one legend in X-league, or just the option to pick one? I don't think it was mentioned.

Also you all see megas in elite block, I just see more things to kill.

in all seriousness once upon a time she was the 15th leader so yes kind of

Well, Fire types have been steadily getting better since 5th gen, so it's only natural that Steel would weaken. To say nothing of the nerf in 6th gen.

• Administrators

Oh, as a reminder and for anyone not on the server, I updated the rules page yesterday, so if there are any further questions, do look there first! If anything is still confusing, let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.