Aevian pokemon & Strategy

Sir Galahad

Aevian lapras is what you would expect, he can utilise No Guard to use very powerful moves like Sing, Zap Cannon, Blizzard and whatnot do you need. It's stat spread is still garbage like with original Lapras so likely better use is a bulky one.

Aevian Parasect in it's zombie form is a glass cannon, can just use stabs and Sleep/Stun powder. 

Aevian Ampharos is just kinda shit normally, Filter won't help with atrocious defensive typing and low speed, however should be an offensive powerhouse in Trick Room, stab Boltbeam combo is a very powerful thing if you manage to work around low speed.

Aevian Mismagius is what you see - that you get, it's pretty fast and hits pretty hard. It can be mixed but i found it's better as a purely physical attacker. 

Aevian Roserade is pretty strong overall, decent speed, great special attack, outside of normal things it does like Focus Blast and Earth Power, it's Technician powered priority Vacuum Wave can shatter a lot of things. 

Aevian Milotic got the same stats as normal one, just on the phys side, but thanks to the typing i found myself using it more as an offensive pokemon than anything, but it can be whatever you want it ot be. It got Toxic, Pain Split, Charm and whatnot for being tanky, Gunk Shot, Play Rough and cover for being offensive. 

Aevian Musharna got a much better Dark/Fairy typing, otherwise nonexistent speed make it mostly a Trick Room pokemon. It's alright. 

Aevian Chandelure is exactly what you would expect. Exchange Overheat/Heat Wave stab with Thunderbolt/Thunder stab, insanely powerful Volt Switch too. But yeah, it's just elec Chandelure. 

Aevian Toxtricity is a special attacker. That's... kinda it. It can hit stuff, decently fast too. Solid Rock can help it survive most hits at least once. 

Aevian Palossands i honestly don't know, never bothered to try them much, but they have exact same stats as the normal one, except Ice/Rock/Fire variants all got shit defensive type compared to Ground. I dunno, wouldnt even bother with them unless you love Palossand. 

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

Aevian Ampharos is just kinda shit normally, Filter won't help with atrocious defensive typing and low speed, however should be an offensive powerhouse in Trick Room, stab Boltbeam combo is a very powerful thing if you manage to work around low speed.

hey hey hey hey, don't diss the sheep!!!!! what blasphemy am i reading

It actually puts in a lot of work even without trick room in the right circumstances! YMMV because it's kinda RNG reliant, but slapping a quick claw on it already does quite a bit for it and in my experience has often given it the edge it needed. Blizzard is excellent for Erick's, Florin/Flora's and Souta's fights, and the sheep swept the former two (Erick and Florin specifically) on my previous full playthrough. Hell, I even used it as a crutch during Ryland's fight to take care of Gliscor while using an air balloon LOL. As a whole the mon has a lot of coverage with a high Sp.Atk stat, so it really isn't to be sneezed at even outside of trick room.

though yes, it definitely benefits from trick room more than anything else. unfortunately that's not available right now, so you have to make it work in other ways. and there are ways! you just have to look for them.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zumi said:

though yes, it definitely benefits from trick room more than anything else. unfortunately that's not available right now, so you have to make it work in other ways. and there are ways! you just have to look for them.

It actually is, Oranguru is a thing, did one playthrough with that in mind. Trick Room TM is another thing and i hope it will arrive soon actually. 

4 minutes ago, Zumi said:

hey hey hey hey, don't diss the sheep!!!!! what blasphemy am i reading

It actually puts in a lot of work even without trick room in the right circumstances! YMMV because it's kinda RNG reliant, but slapping a quick claw on it already does quite a bit for it and in my experience has often given it the edge it needed. Blizzard is excellent for Erick's, Florin/Flora's and Souta's fights, and the sheep swept the former two (Erick and Florin specifically) on my previous full playthrough. Hell, I even used it as a crutch during Ryland's fight to take care of Gliscor while using an air balloon LOL. As a whole the mon has a lot of coverage with a high Sp.Atk stat, so it really isn't to be sneezed at even outside of trick room.

That's absolutely fair, i just think many more ice types have much better suited Speed or bulk (yeah, on ice types) to do whatever Aevian Ampharos can do, and Quick Claw is... unreliable at best. The sheep my favorite electric type, so i wish i could use it more reliably. 

• Veterans
9 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

It actually is, Oranguru is a thing, did one playthrough with that in mind. Trick Room TM is another thing and i hope it will arrive soon actually. 

That's absolutely fair, i just think many more ice types have much better suited Speed or bulk (yeah, on ice types) to do whatever Aevian Ampharos can do, and Quick Claw is... unreliable at best. The sheep my favorite electric type, so i wish i could use it more reliably. 

oh yeah i forgot about oranguru LOL. but that's also requiring you to carry that on your team, i was moreso talking about the tm anyways

as for quick claw, that's why i put YMMV-- your mileage may vary. it doesn't always work! but it's an option for if you don't want to run oranguru on your team.

12 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Aevian Milotic got the same stats as normal one, just on the phys side, but thanks to the typing i found myself using it more as an offensive pokemon than anything, but it can be whatever you want it ot be. It got Toxic, Pain Split, Charm and whatnot for being tanky, Gunk Shot, Play Rough and cover for being offensive. 

Another thing I will point out, mostly for OP, is that it has merciless as one of it's primary abilities, an ability normally exclusive to Mareanie and Toxapex. Unlike those two however, A-Milotic has an actual attack stat to back it up. So have someone with toxic spikes and then just critical hit them all day. It might not always help, but if you're facing a particularly bulky pokemon, having always on critical hits is not bad offensively.