EP5 Save Conversion

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Void_ said:

This is my file, I am having trouble updating it to ep 6,

Desolation.zip 1.02 kB · 2 downloads

Edit: I don't think the file work.

This. This is a first. You not only didn't send me your save file, You uploaded your entire bloody game folder which lagged this entire thread. 

I am truly at a loss for words, I had to delete your previous message as it was lagging this entire thread trying to load every single audio file in the game!

Look, if you want your save converted, you need to upload your Game.rxdata file, not the entire game folder. Thank you.

not sure if this gets fixed by interacting with the bed in the manor(since I'm not there yet), but I was playing on the previous version until a buddy of mine pointed out there was a new version with a new game engine. I converted my save mostly without issue, except for not having the quest log at the moment. i got curious about how the jungle you start the game in looked and if i may have missed some items or whatever there, but when walking around i noticed that the event flags got reactivated while already being past them in the story. this caused the game to softlock since some of the events start looping. it might also block you out of earlier areas if the vileplume and trees are also back in place, if they are still there in this version. 

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Raging_01 said:

not sure if this gets fixed by interacting with the bed in the manor(since I'm not there yet), but I was playing on the previous version until a buddy of mine pointed out there was a new version with a new game engine. I converted my save mostly without issue, except for not having the quest log at the moment. i got curious about how the jungle you start the game in looked and if i may have missed some items or whatever there, but when walking around i noticed that the event flags got reactivated while already being past them in the story. this caused the game to softlock since some of the events start looping. it might also block you out of earlier areas if the vileplume and trees are also back in place, if they are still there in this version. 

You need to interact with your bed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
12 hours ago, gwiz856 said:

Hello! When I speak to the Teal Panther boss in the CIty of Smog I keep getting an error message & the game freezes. Please advise. I use it for Mac.

Game.ini 106 B · 1 download

That is not your save file.
Please attach your Error Log, and ensure you're on the latest patch.
Additionally, ensure you've properly converted your save file. 

1 hour ago, Dred said:

That is not your save file.
Please attach your Error Log, and ensure you're on the latest patch.
Additionally, ensure you've properly converted your save file. 

Apologies. I have no idea how to do that. When I downloaded the file it opened as a zip file. Then I opened that up & the game was ready to play. How do I convert my save file? I'll attach screenshots of the error message. I hope this helps & yes I downloaded the new patch.

Exception: NoMethodError

(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:242:in `eval'

Interpreter:242:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1463:in `command_355'

Interpreter:380:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `block in update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:106:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `block in update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:101:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `block in main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Scene_Map:65:in `main'

Main:40:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:24:in `mainFunction'

Main:72:in `block (3 levels) in <main>'

Main:71:in `loop'

Main:71:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'

(eval):307:in `eval'

(eval):307:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'

(eval):303:in `each'

(eval):303:in `each_with_index'

(eval):303:in `block in <main>'

000:script yeetifier pro:3:in `eval'

This exception was logged in

/Users/gwilliams856/Library/Application Support/Pokemon Desolation/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 11.08.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 11.11.33 PM.png

• Global Mods
45 minutes ago, gwiz856 said:

Apologies. I have no idea how to do that. When I downloaded the file it opened as a zip file. Then I opened that up & the game was ready to play. How do I convert my save file? I'll attach screenshots of the error message. I hope this helps & yes I downloaded the new patch.

Exception: NoMethodError

(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:242:in `eval'

Interpreter:242:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1463:in `command_355'

Interpreter:380:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `block in update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:106:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `block in update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:101:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `block in main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Scene_Map:65:in `main'

Main:40:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:24:in `mainFunction'

Main:72:in `block (3 levels) in <main>'

Main:71:in `loop'

Main:71:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'

(eval):307:in `eval'

(eval):307:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'

(eval):303:in `each'

(eval):303:in `each_with_index'

(eval):303:in `block in <main>'

000:script yeetifier pro:3:in `eval'

This exception was logged in

/Users/gwilliams856/Library/Application Support/Pokemon Desolation/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 11.08.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 11.11.33 PM.png

If you're playing from a E5 save file, you need to convert it, which can only be done once the E5 story content is completed. If you haven't done that, you will need to restart.
Additionally, check your version file, and ensure you're on 6.0.7.

21 hours ago, Dred said:

If you're playing from a E5 save file, you need to convert it, which can only be done once the E5 story content is completed. If you haven't done that, you will need to restart.
Additionally, check your version file, and ensure you're on 6.0.7.

Ok sounds good. My next question: will I need ti interact with the Teal Panther boss in Blackview City? Each time I interact with him, the game freezes.

is it possible to retain my save file when transferring to an new pc? my old one broke down but i kept a backup of my save, so i thought i could just put the game on my new pc and play it, but it promts me to start a new game. is there anyway i can play my old save from my different computer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
On 3/4/2023 at 5:10 AM, Deep Water said:

hi, can this save file be converted

Game.rxdata 364.4 kB · 0 downloads

On 3/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, muun said:

Hi, can you convert my save file please? Thanks

Game.rxdata 207.99 kB · 0 downloads

Hi! Sorry for the delay I was busy being halfway across the globe. Both of your saves have been successfully converted, one being a perfectly normal save file, the other.......... nice legendaries.

Game.rxdata Game.rxdata

• Haha 1

• Global Mods
On 3/4/2023 at 12:06 AM, MostlyR said:

is it possible to retain my save file when transferring to an new pc? my old one broke down but i kept a backup of my save, so i thought i could just put the game on my new pc and play it, but it promts me to start a new game. is there anyway i can play my old save from my different computer?

Hi yes! so on your Desktop you should have a folder called "Saved Games", if you navigate there, you should find the "Pokemon Desolation" folder, if you chuck your Game.rxdata in there then you should have your previous save file! If you have multiple etc, then you might need to add an _X (X being a number) to the name.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
On 4/13/2023 at 3:50 PM, Noato said:

Hi i tried to load ep6 after saving in th e main bedroom in ep 5 as instructed but the game would not load after conversion.

Game.rxdata 14.45 kB · 1 download

Hi, I had a look at your save file, but was unfortunately prompted with an error that usually indicates that your save cannot be converted. I will leave it for someone else to have a look at.
Additionally, is your save file from an older version of the game that pre-dates Episode 5 (E4, and older)? 

15 minutes ago, Dred said:

Hi, I had a look at your save file, but was unfortunately prompted with an error that usually indicates that your save cannot be converted. I will leave it for someone else to have a look at.
Additionally, is your save file from an older version of the game that pre-dates Episode 5 (E4, and older)? 

I started this game during episode 5 and beat it during episode 5 then went and saved the game in the bedroom as instructed. When i booted up episode 6 I got an error message and the game was stuck with a black screen. admittedly i tried to go back to ep 5 to see if i could fix the problem on my own but found out it would not work then tried to use an earlier save only to find out it had convereted earlier saves as well.

19 minutes ago, Dred said:

I do see a folder called "conversion backups" though and am wondering if I could hand you the save from there instead since i am no longer sure the save i gave is in the bedroom.

20 minutes ago, Noato said:

I started this game during episode 5 and beat it during episode 5 then went and saved the game in the bedroom as instructed. When i booted up episode 6 I got an error message and the game was stuck with a black screen. admittedly i tried to go back to ep 5 to see if i could fix the problem on my own but found out it would not work then tried to use an earlier save only to find out it had convereted earlier saves as well.

Here is the save that was in the "conversion backup" folder in question. Maybe this one will work?

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
On 4/16/2023 at 10:22 PM, Noato said:

Here is the save that was in the "conversion backup" folder in question. Maybe this one will work?

Game.rxdata 14.45 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, i've finally got round to having a look at this and yeah, your save seems to be completely messed up which means I cant convert it, you're most likely gonna have to restart, apologies.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:40 PM, Posty said:

Hi, i've finally got round to having a look at this and yeah, your save seems to be completely messed up which means I cant convert it, you're most likely gonna have to restart, apologies.

So... I managed to fix the problem after looking into it more.... apparently when i completed the game in ep 5 i left the juke box on to a song that i had been listening to at the time and never turned it off. So when i started ep 6 the game started in search of a music file that the jukebox was set too in ep 5 that was no longer there..... I went and placed that music file back in and the game started without a problem... now i didnt realize that the jukebox was completely what it was until i turned it back off again in ep 6.... but anyway i appreciate all the help.

• Global Mods
8 hours ago, Noato said:

So... I managed to fix the problem after looking into it more.... apparently when i completed the game in ep 5 i left the juke box on to a song that i had been listening to at the time and never turned it off. So when i started ep 6 the game started in search of a music file that the jukebox was set too in ep 5 that was no longer there..... I went and placed that music file back in and the game started without a problem... now i didnt realize that the jukebox was completely what it was until i turned it back off again in ep 6.... but anyway i appreciate all the help.

I see, yeah this is something I did mention in the downloads page regarding the Jukebox, good to know you've sorted it out though.