6 hours ago, Fervis said:

I'll look into the eeveelution issue and the above mentioned bugs! Thanks for reporting <3

The patch is technically done, but it needs some more testing, and some of the sprites are still work in progress.

Currently Terapagos works kinda similar to zacian zamazenta and their forms (upon battle entry it changes to its first forme), while in this form it can "mega evolve" during battle in its stellar forme.

the ability will work like damp (ignores weather effects, but still active) and removes temporary terrain simultaneously - though still subject to change!

I am sorry but may I ask how did this "mega evolve" stuffs even implement fully how Telapagos works? It is supposed to gain "Stellar" typing and STAB on the first move which isn't possible with Mega Evolution. I believe this is the right time to get Terastallization into the world of Reborn imho as Stellar type IS NOT and SHOULD NOT be unique to a single pokemon! This is just incredibly unfair and seriously giving an entire new typing to a single Pokemon... Kinda sounds ridiculous to me.

Also how will Ogerpon even work with the "mega evolution" gimmick anyways? So it will automatically "mega evolve" without needing a mega stone to implement the no mask version? Which automatically breaks the pokemon because you can give it items as well and since it does not even need to use a single move to gain the speed boost so... Yeah you should get why I am really worried tbh because that is basically Mega Rayquaza on steroids but without needing to use a single move, and you can basically "mega evolve" it at any time without any drawbacks except for the ability change? Or you can severely nerf it by making it hold the Teal Mask permanently and can't use any items... Neither of these options sound particularly good to me tbh.

So yeah I am really worried about the "mega evo to replace Tera" gimmick obv Telapagos will either be broken or seriously screwed, and Ogerpon I think will break the game in half Mega Rayquaza style which is not good news to me whatsoever...

@DmonBlu terapagos is still a WIP. As it works now, there is no stellar type yet - only the fundamental form change function (for which the mega evolution feature is used). And it will be like this until there is a proper way to handle the issue, meaning there won't be any unfair advantages for using terapagos related to the stellar type.

Generally, I really think terastalization and stellar type would ultimately break Reborn, as it's already very difficult to balance the power of all new gen8/9 mons since Reborn was/is not intended for them to be there. Even though it's a very cool feature, Reborn would probably not be able to take it with z-moves and mega evolutions present as well. I will discuss it with the reatomized dev team also, adding in restrictions and prohibitions might allow it to be there, no guarantee yet how it will feel ingame. 

Regarding Ogerpon, it NEEDS to hold a mask for it to mega evolve into its respective aspect form, so no item abuse there. This also means that no-mask Ogerpon won't be able to mega evolve at all, as it was intended as a cute gimmick-only anyway.

There is no unfair situation/benefit at all and it's thought through thoroughly before implementing such heavy-impact features (if you exclude the strength of gen 8/9 mons overall - and my questionable balancing of teams lmao

• Like 3

On 1/3/2024 at 3:02 AM, Fervis said:

Generally, I really think terastalization and stellar type would ultimately break Reborn, as it's already very difficult to balance the power of all new gen8/9 mons since Reborn was/is not intended for them to be there. Even though it's a very cool feature, Reborn would probably not be able to take it with z-moves and mega evolutions present as well. I will discuss it with the reatomized dev team also, adding in restrictions and prohibitions might allow it to be there, no guarantee yet how it will feel ingame. 

On the other hand, it's a core game mechanic in the pokemon franchise and the keystone gimmick of gen 9. I would also argue that its impact on competitive battling is positive, as it no longer just forces certain pokemon to autolose revenge matchups and opens the door for some creative combinations of tera types, coverage moves, and abilities.

But moreover, I would think that most people get a gen8/9 or all gen mod because they want to explore pokemon, moves, and mechanics that were made available in gen 8/9. In that sense, getting access to something like terastallization is kind of the point. When it comes to core game mechanics within the franchise, I feel inclusion is a priority over balance. We're already getting an entirely optional mod for the expressed purpose of adding features that came in later generations. Besides, you can always tweak opposing teams and mechanics to make the game harder, but you can't add features that aren't implemented.

Not to mention that without proper terastallization and stellar typing, Terapagos becomes a mediocre legendary that takes up your mega slot. Considering legendaries are largely for post game anyway, I think balance is less of a priority for them and having such an implementation for what's essentially a box art pokemon would feel rather underwhelming.

As for whether or not Tera would break the game, I think if it's competing for the same slot as Megas and Z moves it becomes situational. It's not clearly superior to the Mega mechanic when applicable, and opponents should have access to it as well, which can transform certain matchups into absolute terrors with creative teambuilding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Disregard 1

Heyo! Getting straight to the point, where tf is stonjourner? The doc just says it's in tourmaline desert, but I can't find it anywhere, is it a static event? Is it time related?

Edit: NvM found it near mirage tower

58 minutes ago, Katabatic said:

On the other hand, it's a core game mechanic in the pokemon franchise and the keystone gimmick of gen 9. I would also argue that its impact on competitive battling is positive, as it no longer just forces certain pokemon to autolose revenge matchups and opens the door for some creative combinations of tera types, coverage moves, and abilities.

But moreover, I would think that most people get a gen8/9 or all gen mod because they want to explore pokemon, moves, and mechanics that were made available in gen 8/9. In that sense, getting access to something like terastallization is kind of the point. When it comes to core game mechanics within the franchise, I feel inclusion is a priority over balance. We're already getting an entirely optional mod for the expressed purpose of adding features that came in later generations. Besides, you can always tweak opposing teams and mechanics to make the game harder, but you can't add features that aren't implemented.

Not to mention that without proper terastallization and stellar typing, Terapagos becomes a mediocre legendary that takes up your mega slot. Considering legendaries are largely for post game anyway, I think balance is less of a priority for them and having such an implementation for what's essentially a box art pokemon would feel rather underwhelming.

As for whether or not Tera would break the game, I think if it's competing for the same slot as Megas and Z moves it becomes situational. It's not clearly superior to the Mega mechanic when applicable, and opponents should have access to it as well, which can transform certain matchups into absolute terrors with creative teambuilding.

I agree with fervis on this. I enjoy this mod a lot because it still leaves the challenge of pokemon reborn intact. The problem with adding tera is that the damage output would be too much when combined with fields. You would just get a pokemon with a tera type for whatever battle you need it for and sweep without any challenge at all because of how much fields affect battles. I do agree that opponents getting tera adds another dimension but it still becomes a factor of too much damage output. Like most of the time you'll see: 50% boost from field, 50% boost from tera, stab, item (life orb or choice items), abilities that boost damage. There are too many multipliers that would break the game. 

Example: A pokemon that is already in the game via this mod, Partner Pikachu. Libre costume gets huge power on base 80 attack (stronger than rayquaza) plus light ball (basically another huge power). Volt tackle ohkos anything it hits for neutral and then give it tera electric and 50% boost from electric terrain (tapu koko, pinchurchin, miraidon) and it will easily destroy anything. While tera would be cool. It'd be impossible to balance without years of work and testing and even then, there's over 1,000 pokemon so something will slip through.  Kinda the same reason dynamax isn't implemented other than it being really hard to do without causing issues.

Also, it wouldn't be competing for mega or z moves slots when you can just run all three just on different pokemon since any pokemon can tera or use z moves. 

Overall I think fervis wants this mod to be balanced because it makes the game more fun to play and enjoy, especially a game like reborn that's meant to be challenging. Of course I don't wanna act like I can speak for fervis here so feel free to shoot me down on this. Sorry for long post, but those are my thoughts on why fervis probably doesn't want to add tera.

Edited by VfV
Forgot something
  • Like 2
  • Disregard 1

On 1/5/2024 at 11:39 AM, VfV said:

I agree with fervis on this. I enjoy this mod a lot because it still leaves the challenge of pokemon reborn intact. The problem with adding tera is that the damage output would be too much when combined with fields. You would just get a pokemon with a tera type for whatever battle you need it for and sweep without any challenge at all because of how much fields affect battles. I do agree that opponents getting tera adds another dimension but it still becomes a factor of too much damage output. Like most of the time you'll see: 50% boost from field, 50% boost from tera, stab, item (life orb or choice items), abilities that boost damage. There are too many multipliers that would break the game. 

Example: A pokemon that is already in the game via this mod, Partner Pikachu. Libre costume gets huge power on base 80 attack (stronger than rayquaza) plus light ball (basically another huge power). Volt tackle ohkos anything it hits for neutral and then give it tera electric and 50% boost from electric terrain (tapu koko, pinchurchin, miraidon) and it will easily destroy anything. While tera would be cool. It'd be impossible to balance without years of work and testing and even then, there's over 1,000 pokemon so something will slip through.  Kinda the same reason dynamax isn't implemented other than it being really hard to do without causing issues.

Also, it wouldn't be competing for mega or z moves slots when you can just run all three just on different pokemon since any pokemon can tera or use z moves. 

Overall I think fervis wants this mod to be balanced because it makes the game more fun to play and enjoy, especially a game like reborn that's meant to be challenging. Of course I don't wanna act like I can speak for fervis here so feel free to shoot me down on this. Sorry for long post, but those are my thoughts on why fervis probably doesn't want to add tera.

A few things:

1. Most Tera types are inherently one of the pokemon's regular types, and in fact this is default behavior in Gen 9 unless you catch a raid or glowing pokemon. This already removes many of the strongest uses of Tera, since most of the best uses of Tera involve coverage, or defensive type advantages, and you don't need to make that available to players early, or even in the campaign at all.

2. Difficulty in Pokemon games is typically achieved through scarcity. You don't immediately have access to strong pokemon, the best moves, advantageous battle items, etc. that would trivialize the content. There's no reason why you would need access to good Tera types (via Tera Shards) or even Terastallization in general. Save the Tera Orb for late in the campaign. Hell, save it for the post-game. The same reason why you can't just drop a Mega on Julia applies here. The fact that a mega evolution would trivialize Julia is not used as justification for no Megas in the game, only to delay their access.

3. You can easily have Tera make most of the game more difficult rather than less, by giving your opponents access to Tera before you get it. You encounter Mega pokemon on opposing teams well before you get a Mega-Z Ring. Having Julia Tera water and sweep any ground checks you have against her would only make the encounter harder, not easier.

4. It competes with Mega-Z in the sense that you would only have access to one Mega, one Z-move, or one Terastallization in battle. Resource management is part of strategy, having them all compete for the same space, essentially the turbo button, makes for more strategic depth, not less. No one is advocating for terastallizing your Mega pokemon (and then using a Z-move).

The other thing worth mentioning is that without Stellar tera type, for instance, something like Terapagos becomes painfully mediocre for a legendary. It's basically a normal type pokemon that uses up your Mega evolution slot. Hardly anyone's going to play that. Hopefully Stellar form Terapagos at least gets a hidden 1.2x STAB on all types and has Tera Starstorm be super effective on all mega evolutions if Terastallization is not implemented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I am certainly not against treastalization if it might've come across as that! As I mentioned on my post, there probably has to a restriction for this mechanic, perhaps allowing either mega or tera - something like that. Mostly for the reason that balancing will get extremely difficult to plan through the game.

(Terapagos doesn't count to the mega limit btw, just like ogerpon)

The biggest issue right now is generally the implementation code-wise for reborn, as we don't have any yet - Sapphi or Karvanha form reatomized dev team would probably need to look into that. I'm only for the minor parts.

I definitely agree that it's a nice bonus to have all mechanics across all generations in the game, but the biggest impact (for me at least) always were the new Pokemon available to you (E.g I disliked gigantamax deeply, only cared for it on difficult battles).

My biggest goal was to add in an give access to the fundemental content and make it work properly, and with that goal almost achieved, Terastalization will be the next step!

• Like 2

On that note - Update is out! ~

Apologising in advance - Eevee version has been removed and Eeveelutions were merged into the AllGen version as totally optional! It's been unnecessary double the work for me updating a nearly idtentical PBS twice  ._.

Meaning - only the ones playing with Eevee version will have their Gen9 Pokemon shifted around - The Pokedex order was wrong in Eevee version so that's been corrected by the merge with AllGen.

Still - have fun with the update (as best as possible)! 🙏

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Fervis said:

On that note - Update is out! ~

Apologising in advance - Eevee version has been removed and Eeveelutions were merged into the AllGen version as totally optional! It's been unnecessary double the work for me updating a nearly idtentical PBS twice  ._.

Meaning - only the ones playing with Eevee version will have their Gen9 Pokemon shifted around - The Pokedex order was wrong in Eevee version so that's been corrected by the merge with AllGen.

Still - have fun with the update (as best as possible)! 🙏

You are amazing!! thank you!

I had Eevee reborn 5.0. I downloaded the regular v5.5 (since Eevee version is gone), which is using the same saves as Eevee v5. When I load the game though, my gen 9 pokemon (floragato and shrewdle) have been changed to tatsugiri and tarountula. Is there a way to get around this? I don't really wanto to lose my starter.

Edit: Figured it out. Use debug mode to change the species and ability  back to what they were. I used the AMB reborn debug menu mod.

Z parting shot isn’t working and just keeps repeating the z move animation and neither me nor the opponent do anything, Im not sure if this is the case with offensive z moves, also noticed when the enemy would use a priority move or certain status moves an error would pop up 

also sappy seed is a special move when it’s suppose to be physical it’s not a big deal but thought it would let you know 🙌🏻

45 minutes ago, MiguelTerron said:

I found a bug! whenever I switch a pokemon in battle (set mode) this message appears: Anyone knows how to fix it?

BUG.png

I'm getting it too on every switch in, whether its from set mode or from manually switching, alongside failing to run from battle. It lets you instantly take a turn on switch in which is kind of broken lol. Posted a similar error log on the reborn discord.

already on it! A fix patch is out - download links has been updated!

for those who don't want to download it all over again just use this - replace in the /scripts folder!

(fyi - it's related to a new glaive rush code cuz in some instances you could become vulnerable longer than intended)

PokeBattle_Battler.rb

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a known issue, but I'm not sure the monotype passwords work with the added encounters? I was starting a mononormal run, and I always got Hoenn Zigzagoon instead of Galarian Zigzagoon, but then I also got Nacli and Impidimp instead of Mincinno or Whismur/ Lechonk.